What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread *** PLEASE NO SPOILERS *** (1 Viewer)

Non fantasy take here, I think every team who ended up having multiple 1st round picks did a poor job using them. I don't know if having the extra picks makes teams more willing to take bigger risks, but I am very underwhelmed with what Atlanta, Green Bay, NY Giants, Oakland, and even Washington ended up with.
You serious Clark??? 

So how many WRs go in the 2nd round? 3rd round? Today should really set the table for our rookie drafts. Super stoked! 

Key names to watch for on Day 2 of the Draft:

1. Jawaan Taylor (Florida OT)

2. Drew Lock (Missouri QB)

3. D.K. Metcalf (Mississippi WR)

4. Greedy Williams (LSU CB)

5. Cody Ford (Oklahoma OG)

6. Byron Murphy (Washington CB)

Where do you expect each of these names to go?

You serious Clark??? 
Haskins and Sweat both have upside, but both carry a lot of risk. Sweat is a better athlete than player, who has zero pass rush moves, and may or may not have a heart issue. They also traded a 2020 2nd rounder to move up for Sweat, which I don't feel is worth it.  Haskins is a 1 year starter on a team where he was almost never pressured, and had weapons that aren't all that much worse than what he'll have in Washington. 

Of the teams who had multiple picks, I liked their round 1 the best, which is why I phrased it as "even Washington" but I don't think they got some great haul by any means.

So how many WRs go in the 2nd round? 3rd round? Today should really set the table for our rookie drafts. Super stoked! 
I counted something like 14 picks in rd 2 that a wr would make sense. Lots at the top- Indy, 49ers, buf, all have the need. There are a lot of guys I like as 2/3 rd picks- some will surely drop to the 4/5. Will be interesting to see who goes where for sure.

Maybe it's just me but I felt like teams drafted really poorly this year.  Especially the Oakland and giants picks where each team could have traded back for pennies on the dollar and still gotten their man plus a little something extra.  I also have no idea why Washington would pick haskins at 15 when they could have gotten a much better player in Rosen for a 2nd after AZ committed themselves to Murray.

Also pretty pissed at the ne pick, wanted them to grab Isabella in the 2nd.

Tonight will be full of boners.  I'm expecting quite a few WRs, a TE or two, and a RB or two.  Enough skill players to fill out the first round of rookie drafts and into the 2nd. 

Maybe it's just me but I felt like teams drafted really poorly this year.  Especially the Oakland and giants picks where each team could have traded back for pennies on the dollar and still gotten their man plus a little something extra.  I also have no idea why Washington would pick haskins at 15 when they could have gotten a much better player in Rosen for a 2nd after AZ committed themselves to Murray.

I like Haskins a lot better than Rosen.....

Gonna be a lot of movement today for dynasty rookie draft purposes.  Some combination of the following should/could be drafted tonight.  Excited to see where they land.

RBs
David Montgomery
Damien Harris
Darrel Henderson
Miles Sanders
Devin Singletary
Trayveon Williams

WRs
DK Metcalf
AJ Brown
Hakeem Butler
Kelvin Harmon
Parris Campbell
Deebo Samuel
Miles Boykin
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Andy Isabella

TEs
Irv Smith Jr
Jace Sternberger

Last edited by a moderator:
In what way is he transcendent? Hock is a great blocker but I don't see the potential passing mismatch that others are raving about that would justify this move. It's a huge overspend for the Lions to take another TE in the top 10, when other teams seem to find guys like Ertz or Kelce in the second or third round. 

This draft was light at talent at the top, so the Lions made the safe choice. They are the only team that would have drafted him in the top 20
Nope.  Denver would have taken him.  He was projected top 10, and he went top 10.

Rosen wont be anywhere near Rodgers.....he don't have it.

Yes Haskins is Jamies Winston without the crablegs fiasco
Based on college production Rosen had a lot of it.  I don't think you can blame him for how terrible the cards were last year.  He certainty didn't help, but give him to someone who can coach and he'll have a much better career than Haskins.

Also if Winston is your comp that's not great, I don't think he should be starting.  Guy is an int waiting to happen.

Dave Gettleman and Mike Mayock set the league back 15 years last night. Eagles, Colts and Pats did what they do. Thought the Redskins and Packers won the night and really didn’t have to do a lot to do so. I would be kind of pissed if I was a Saints fan. It should still sting they gave up so much for Davenport last year to watch him make a limited impact year 1 and then to have the Redskins get Sweat so easily.
The majority of Saints fans would disagree.

@BlueDredSo

Yo Blue - I reported your post to the mods asking them to update the title to say No Spoilers Allowed in case your weren't around.  Maybe you can beat them to it.  Don't need that jack hole posting the picks from Twitter before the are announced on TV tonight.
Thanks bud  :thumbup:  I'm just seeing this now so hopefully nobody was being a jackhole...?

Reading back through this thread has been amazing.  Lots of whiffs on picks that people are basing off what majority of mocks are saying.  I'll throw my own prediction out there just for kicks:

Broncos don't take Drew Lock.  If he's there, they take Mac Wilson and Fangio gets his man in the middle.

Appears Cardinals may acquire Miami's 2nd rounder for Rosen

@ProFootballTalk

Multiple sources say the Dolphins are close to a deal for QB Josh Rosen, and that a deal may actually be tentatively done. Arizona would get pick No. 48 from Miami.

Who says they won't go after Isabella or Metcalf if they are there?

Gonna be a lot of movement today for dynasty rookie draft purposes.  Some combination of the following should/could be drafted tonight.  Excited to see where they land.

RBs
David Montgomery
Damien Harris
Darrel Henderson
Miles Sanders
Devin Singletary
Trayveon Williams

WRs
DK Metcalf
AJ Brown
Hakeem Butler
Kelvin Harmon
Parris Campbell
Deebo Samuel
Miles Boykin
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Andy Isabella

TEs
Irv Smith Jr
Jace Sternberger
:goodposting: can’t wait

FYI media companies.  If one of you would do a PPV of the draft and keep it 100% football, no moma stories, no Taylor Swift, no drama at all.  Just football, highlights and draft talk.  I'd gladly pay $200-300 for that PPV weekend pass.

TIA

They built their team to tank for Tua though.  Grabbing Rosen makes no sense, since he's still got theoretical upside.

Right.  But with the present situation aren't they in great shape to acquire a better prospect in next year's draft?  I guess that's a matter of opinion.
Maybe.

i guess it doesn’t seem like that big of an investment at the most important position if they think Rosen has a chance to be a long term starter.  Who knows what happens with tua or anyone else or the draft next year.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets are looking to trade into the early second round.

The Jets wanted to trade back in the first round to get an extra Day 2 pick, but didn't find any takers. A jump to the early second would suggest they're targeting fallers like LSU CB Greedy Williams and Florida OT Jawaan Taylor, or a top-30 visit like Texas A&M OL Erik McCoy. Moving up that far would cost the Jets significant future picks.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 26, 2019, 2:00 PM

FYI media companies.  If one of you would do a PPV of the draft and keep it 100% football, no moma stories, no Taylor Swift, no drama at all.  Just football, highlights and draft talk.  I'd gladly pay $200-300 for that PPV weekend pass.

TIA
I swear if you go back enough in time, that's the way it used to be for free.  Before the Disney Corporations of the world turned everything into a giant soap opera. 

ffmail4me said:
You serious Clark??? 
I think Sweat is a major personality risk and dont have confidence in Washington managing it. Indy probably got an additional early 2 just to move back and get a comparable talent this year. Ballard is good at this thing. 

Leroy Hoard said:
I swear if you go back enough in time, that's the way it used to be for free.  Before the Disney Corporations of the world turned everything into a giant soap opera. 
Also part of the issue is the more popular something is, the more palatable it has to be made for the mass audience.

So based on the first round, are you guys more open to trading back in the 1st for additional picks or less likely (PPR dynasty)

I have an offer to move back from 1.6 to grab 1.9 and 1.12 and it seems like that might be an even better play based on most everyone (other than maybe Hollywood) going to a pretty good spot. You guys agree or am I seeing this wrong?? 

Why I can barely stomach NBCs treatment of the Kentucky Derby. More about the fancy hats in house than the actual horses on the track.
Did you know the mint julep is one of the most popular drinks at the Kentucky Derby? This bourbon concoction is everywhere on race day. Now we are going to go live to our special host and Flavortown Mayor Guy Fieri to hear how he’s kicking the Mint Julep up a notch for twenty nineteen.

So based on the first round, are you guys more open to trading back in the 1st for additional picks or less likely (PPR dynasty)

I have an offer to move back from 1.6 to grab 1.9 and 1.12 and it seems like that might be an even better play based on most everyone (other than maybe Hollywood) going to a pretty good spot. You guys agree or am I seeing this wrong?? 
Predraft I have a tier break at 1.06. Haven't seen anything yet that would change that. Me? I'd hold but 1.06 could also lose value soon. Hard to know.

Long Ball Larry said:
They need a qb and didn’t really address it in the off-season though, right?
Fitzpatrick. So no. But he'll probably win enough games for them to continue to suck. Was never impressed with Rosen and wouldn't want to trade for him. But admittedly he is young and te jury is out.

beef said:
Tonight will be full of boners.  I'm expecting quite a few WRs, a TE or two, and a RB or two.  Enough skill players to fill out the first round of rookie drafts and into the 2nd. 

Wait.

Are we talking about the draft or did we shift to pr0n?

am i right that ultimately the seahawks got a high second, 3 4ths and a 5th for the number 21 pick?  that seems pretty great.

Users who are viewing this thread