What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL 2021-22 FBG Playoff Subscriber Contest**** (1 Viewer)

I went KC/GB.  11 SB and praying I can make it past week 1 :lol:

Patrick Mahomes  
Darrel Williams
Byron Pringle
Mecole Hardman
Demarcus Robinson
Travis Kelce

Aaron Rodgers 
Aaron Jones
Davante Adams
Randall Cobb
Marcedes Lewis

Zack Moss 
Dawson Knox

C.J. Uzomah

Raiders D

Robbie Gould

Matt Prater  

Arizona Cardinals

QB-  Josh Allen BUF-$36
QB - Aaron Rodgers - GB - $36
QB-  Dak Prescott - DAL -$27
RB - Aaron Jones- GB - $16
WR - Davante Adams-GB - $33
WR- JaMarr Chase - CIN-$24
WR -Tee Higgins-CIN-- S22
WR - Stefon Diggs - BUF - $21
WR- Gabriel Davis-BUF-$14
WR- Allen Lazard -GB - 813
WR - EmmanuelI Sanders - BUF - $4
TE- Josiah Deguara- GB - S4
Total value: 250

Feeling good about the Bills and Allen. Obviously  I didn’t enough from Higgins. If I get a big day from Dak tomorrow I might squeeze through.

per Quizzomatic:

61.3 + Prescott + Zuerlein + Kyler + Edmonds + Vaughn + Boston Scott

Hope I can dodge the Turk :scared:

-QG

I struggle with this contest every year, usually by overthinking matchups & player value. This year I tried a mix of my Super Bowl picks (GB vs BUF), and worked in my Championship losing teams (LAR, TEN), then finished with my Divisional losing teams (KC, CIN, TB, & SF). 

I basically went zero RB (took Pollard to try & boost my Wild Card points, but I have DAL losing to SF, so he'd be 1 and done), and at one point instead had TB Vaughn & Bell, but dropped them when I heard Fournette would likely return (with the news he now won't be activated, they are looking like excellent hindsight value that I lost - oof.) I couldn't find a way to get any KC players in that I felt comfortable with since I have them losing to BUF next week. No Scotty Miller or Jerrick McKinnon? Hmmm.

No KC or TB players will probably cost me, as I have them both playing two games, and no Kicker or Def may also be a bad decision, but I'm pretty happy with my picks as of this morning so far:

BUF

• QB - Josh Allen - $36 (52.00pts)
  • WR - Stephan Diggs - $21 (9.00pts)
  • WR - Isaiah McKenzie - $4 (10.40pts)
  • TE - Dawson Knox - $14 (28.40pts)
GB

• QB - Aaron Rodgers - $36
  • WR - Davante Adams - $33
  • WR - Alan Lazard - $13
  • TE - Mercedes Lewis - $2
TEN

• WR - Julio Jones - $8
  • TE - Anthony Firkser - $4
LAR

• WR Cooper Kupp - $32
  • TE Tyler Higbee - $12
CIN

• TE - CJ Uzomah - $8 (21.40pts)👍
SF

• WR - Deebo Samuel - $18
DAL

• RB - Tony Pollard - $9
15 players, $250 total

It is weird when the current #1 team has 0 chance at winning the contest.
Yea I had a look at a handful of teams yesterday and year after year people still don't understand the rules and good teams that are built correctly suffer in the early rounds. Is what it is, just scrape to get by and those teams that are built like that will fall off through attrition.

Cut was at 46.9 after the first two games. That would be 140.9 after 6 games assuming even player distribution and scoring

BassNBrew said:
Cut is somewhere between 60 and 70 right now
I'm hanging on for dear life at 72.2 right now, still have 2 from my KC players and a few others from Dal/LA to go too, gonna be tight....

OK, I'll share what others don't know. If you pay the extra money (mere $10 extra) to upgrade you are granted the ability to swap players week 2.

If you want to save the $10 just use the coupon code sent out with yesterdays e-mail update. If you missed it, the code is below

SRCSM
I need to check my junk mail more often. :)

No idea when they update the site though, your product is still appreciated @kyter1
I appreciate that. It looks like I messed up the roster merge somewhere though. I'm missing 1 player from my team. the 1st place team I have all of them, so I don't know where the error is. If I have time I'll fix. 

Way to go San Fran, let’s go Cardinals. Sitting at 170ish and still have Murray and Errz to go. I lost Quez Watkins but keep:

Cin  - Burrow, Mixon and Chase

KC - Mahomes and Pringle

SF - eight players

ARI - Murray and Ertz

seeking ARI over the Rams. Then next week need SF over the Packers, ARI over the Bucs, Cinci over TEN and KC at home over the Bills.

is there a Chance?

~142 with 2 Rams left.

Freaking KC is making me nervous.
This was how I felt watching the Bills go off....having Mahomes and Kelce certainly eased that! I have 2 Rams left as well and sitting at 165.85. Chip and a chair is all I want for next week...chip and a chair. 

And by how much do we think the cutoff will rise after tonight's game?

EDIT: Im at 112 vs 127 with my other SB team (Rams) to go.  Projections say I "should" expect to get up to 50 from Stafford + Kupp + Sony Michel + Others, but a low scoring game will likely knock me out.  

Thanks Tee Higgins for 2 points in a shootout and to Andy Reid for abandoning Darrell Williams for McKinnon.

I expect the cutoff to rise ~15% to ~145.

Last edited by a moderator:
197 for the first round...I'm built to get to the finals, but not to win the whole thing...very top heavy and not enough depth.

Looks like I'm at a little over 140. I do have Michel, Jefferson and Cardinals D to go tonight. After Saturdays games the cutoff was 46.90 do y'all think cutoff went up over 100 points after yesterday's games?

I'm through with 187 plus 3 more scores tonight.  Unfortunately I was foolish enough to think Dallas would win a playoff game so I'm toast after this week.

I am at 122.1 and the cutline is currently ~132 but sure to rise quite a bit. I have Stafford + Kupp + Prater active. Photo finish for me I should think. I also have OBJ/Higbee but if they outscore Kupp I'd be in trouble. I suppose. IDK. I think I like my odds.

Super disappointed in Pollard. Z Moss got a goal line carry that he didn't convert. But Vaughn and Sanders both came through. Moss+Bell could have been spent on Carlson IIRC.

I am at 122.1 and the cutline is currently ~132 but sure to rise quite a bit. I have Stafford + Kupp + Prater active. Photo finish for me I should think. I also have OBJ/Higbee but if they outscore Kupp I'd be in trouble. I suppose. IDK. I think I like my odds.

Super disappointed in Pollard. Z Moss got a goal line carry that he didn't convert. But Vaughn and Sanders both came through. Moss+Bell could have been spent on Carlson IIRC.

I think you have to almost be a lock unless it's a 6-3 game.  Posting 3 scores puts you up on a majority of the teams.  Having a Qb and a stud puts you in pretty rare company.  I don't expect the cut to move as much as the others games.  With this being the closest game on paper per Vegas, you would have to think most people didn't invest heavily here.

I think we'll end up 148-150 with an upper end of 155.

lol - just checked my entry. Feeling pretty good, though Darrell Williams might have been a completely wasted $16

Mahomes, AJB, Gabe Davis, Manny Sanders, Uzomah, ARod, AJD, Lazard, Crosby, van Jefferson, JimmyG, Deebo, Chase Edmonds, AJGreen, Cards D/ST. 

Honestly  don’t remember selecting Green, Bullock or the Cards D/ST, but fingers crossed it works out. :shrug:  

Looks like I'm at a little over 140. I do have Michel, Jefferson and Cardinals D to go tonight. After Saturdays games the cutoff was 46.90 do y'all think cutoff went up over 100 points after yesterday's games?
Given the fireworks in yesterday's games its a surprise it didn't get over 150...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread