What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** 2024 Cakeboy League - I guess the draft has started. (1 Viewer)

Biggest snipes (there were many more this year than past years):

2.03 Bryce Harper
11.10 Ryan Helsley
16.03 Sal Frelick
24.03 Brusdar Graterol
25.10 Davis Schneider

Thanks, jerks.

I might also consider another baseball league of one comes about.

And, I think I might try and get a women's ncaa tourney bracket contest going. Hmu.

And, I think I might try and get a women's ncaa tourney bracket contest going. Hmu.
i’d love a small money ALT type league that uses different CATS. think a 5x5 with net steals, troubles, wins-losses, some different stuff.

i’d love a small money ALT type league that uses different CATS. think a 5x5 with net steals, troubles, wins-losses, some different stuff.
7 team AL only?
anyone interested in something different from cake and pie?

Cookie?
Ice cream?
Tart?

I do a H2H Points league that’s about all I can handle (already cut back on another 5x5 last year)
I also do a yahoo H2H that’s AL only but that’s with real life friends and low entry fee so I barely pay attention to it

OK I decided to compare Cake and Pie and it was quite interesting. Here are some of the findings:

Biggest Bargains for Cake Draft (compared to Pie):
  • Wilson Contreras: Drafted 257 in Cake compared to 150 in Pie - that's a +107 value and highest on the board
  • Jose Cabellero: +103
  • Mackenzie Gore +103
  • AJ Puk: +98
  • Nathan Eovaldi: +89
*Puk and Eovaldi were my picks so maybe i was in the wrong league

Biggest Bargains for Pie Draft (compared to Cake):
  • Nolan Schanuel: Drafted 330 in Pie compared to 217 in Cake: That's a +113 value and best of the draft
  • Vaughn Grissom: +108
  • Michael Busch: +99
  • Clayton Kershaw: +96
  • Shane Baz & Paul Skenes tied: +94
Some other factoids:
  • By and large RP pitchers went way earlier in Cake (Edwin Diaz pick 27 in Cake vs 108 in Pie; Hader 49 vs 111). Catchers also seemed to be a favorite in Cake (Alvarez went 86 picks later in Pie, Salvy Perez 85 picks later, Raleigh 23 picks later).
  • Even with less teams Cake had 17 players drafted that weren't drafted in Pie
  • There were 49 players drafted in Pie that were not drafted in Cake (although I think I missed a couple players when I went back through the Cake thread as there seemed to be an Abreu issue but i couldn't tell from the thread what really was going on there.
  • The earliest drafted Pie player that wasn't drafted in Cake was Joc Pederson at pick 274
  • The earliest drafted Cake player that wasn't drafted in Pie was Tyler Stephenson at pick 279
First Round Cake vs Pie:
  1. Acuna vs Acuna
  2. Witt vs Witt
  3. Ohtani vs Betts
  4. J-Rodriguez vs Ohtani
  5. Carroll vs Soto
  6. Betts vs J-Rodriguez
  7. Soto vs Carroll
  8. Freeman vs Tucker
  9. Tucker vs Judge
  10. Tatis vs Freeman
  11. Olsen vs Strider
  12. Judge vs Tatis
  13. Turner vs Olsen
  14. Alvarez vs Riley
  15. Strider (pick 2.01) vs Ramirez

Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know between the drafts and I will see if I can come up with it. Enjoy!

Have you guys every thought about having a percentage of each of the Pie and Cake leeg winnings be set aside and do a pot for a combined league winner? You don't have to do anything different but fold both league totals into one leeg and see how that shakes out.

Lest you boys ever doubted the prestige and honor that comes with being a 'member' of such an exclusive league like Cake, the Pie guys fogging up the windows watching us tells you all you need to know.

;)

I feel like some of you guys have an issue with how early we drafted. I'm not sure though. I may be misinterpreting.
To be fair, we have had years where the draft drug out until almost Opening Day with huge gaps of no picks.
I can’t remember any time when we weren’t done 3 weeks before the draft. Are you speaking about 10 years ago or more?

Last year we got done March 5th lmao

I feel like some of you guys have an issue with how early we drafted. I'm not sure though. I may be misinterpreting.
To be fair, we have had years where the draft drug out until almost Opening Day with huge gaps of no picks.
I can’t remember any time when we weren’t done 3 weeks before the draft. Are you speaking about 10 years ago or more?

Last year we got done March 5th lmao
you are right. Was probably pre COVID at least.

Below is a table cross referencing the Pie & Cake leeg drafts. The number in each box represents the number of like players each team drafted. For example, Trogg and Eephus drafted two players the same. Here are some other notes:

• N/A: This means the number of players that team drafted that the other leeg did not draft at all. Trogg drafted 3 players that were not drafted in Pie
  • As you can see, Chem X really likes his players. He has 11 shared players between the leegs.
  • HellToupee really liked Hack & Pickles teams as he shares 5 players each with those teams
  • Kupcho and Frosty have 5 shared players between them to tie for second place for most shared players
  • RnR & Rodg12 really don't like Cake as they tied for the most players undrafted by Cake at 6
  • FDAS liked some diversity. He only drafted 4 shared players between his two teams. He is no Chem X
  • Greedy/Banana and FDAS/GM lead for shared player (4) for drafting out of the same draft slots (you can see that if you go diagonal through the table starting in the upper left). The draft order for Pie is left to right on the top and for Cake is top to bottom on the left.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about shared draft info and I will see if I can mine it from the data.

EephusGreedyFDASShadySpartyRated RHellToupeeKupchoExposRnRGallyRodgCharlie BXJamnyN/A
Trogg2311200140323123
Banana1421201122334110
GM1043141200132231
Frosty0132421514001202
Hack3102225031112140
X20131220310111100
Bogart3244222100212021
Cheese1202341124420011
FDAS4242410112230101
Stanley3321111123233011
Pickles2201115331202311
BeTheMatch0440201321202232