What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL* 2023 Cakeboy League - pick or quit (1 Viewer)

I have the worst team ever assembled. Every night I look at my stats and wonder how every single guy is either hurt or 0-fer.

it’s so early, some surprises. thought it was waaaay early for someone to cut luis garcia SP. i lost a claim for him, wonder if more than were in on him. he has 7 ks thru 3 right now.

Esteury Ruiz stealing four bases in a game was not on my bingo card, but I will take it. I mean he's no Billy Hamilton (either one), but who is?

Not sure what I have but I got pretty much exactly what I wanted rounds 3-11. I was forced into Freeman in 1st but he may have the highest floor of anyone. I took Riley in 2nd, which is too early for most, but I think he can return this lofty draft spot.

Rounds 3-11 got two of the most exciting young players in Jazz and Oneil, a good top three starters with high floors and maybe a breakout, and a safe/boring combo of Jose Abreu and Steven Kwan. Bryce Harper hoping he’s back in June.

Got sniped a ton in the meaty 11-18 range. I cant believe how far some recent prospects like Riley Greene and Jared Kelenic have fallen, and guys still entering their primes in Moncada, Flaherty, and Brendon Rodgers as well. I still have varying degrees of faith in all.

Thought the best value picks were Blake Snell, Lars, Tork, Tim Anderson, boegarts. Bad were Tyler ONeil, Corbin Carrol, Abrams, Harris, Swanson and every single relief pitcher..

I took Carrol right after somebody took Dansby Swanson and before somebody took Teoscar Hernandez. Willing to bet Carrol has a better offensive year than both of those guys. Care to wager on this?

Teoscar Hernandez: 235 AB/10 HR/32 RBI/3 SB/.283 OBP. Yahoo Rank: 242
Dansby Swanson: 233 AB/6 HR/26 RBI/4 SB/.360 OBP. Yahoo Rank: 137
Corbin Carroll: 207 AB/11 HR/27 RBI/18 SB/.387 OBP. Yahoo Rank: 7

:coffee:

Not sure what I have but I got pretty much exactly what I wanted rounds 3-11. I was forced into Freeman in 1st but he may have the highest floor of anyone. I took Riley in 2nd, which is too early for most, but I think he can return this lofty draft spot.

Rounds 3-11 got two of the most exciting young players in Jazz and Oneil, a good top three starters with high floors and maybe a breakout, and a safe/boring combo of Jose Abreu and Steven Kwan. Bryce Harper hoping he’s back in June.

Got sniped a ton in the meaty 11-18 range. I cant believe how far some recent prospects like Riley Greene and Jared Kelenic have fallen, and guys still entering their primes in Moncada, Flaherty, and Brendon Rodgers as well. I still have varying degrees of faith in all.

Thought the best value picks were Blake Snell, Lars, Tork, Tim Anderson, boegarts. Bad were Tyler ONeil, Corbin Carrol, Abrams, Harris, Swanson and every single relief pitcher..

I took Carrol right after somebody took Dansby Swanson and before somebody took Teoscar Hernandez. Willing to bet Carrol has a better offensive year than both of those guys. Care to wager on this?

Of course, all three of these guys are having better seasons than Trea Suck Butt Turner. :hot:

What a wasted #2 overall pick.

Ahh, season must be over.

Carroll another bomb!

Good luck getting that OBP above .300 in Seattle, where getting on base is harder than it was for you in middle school.

Carroll another bomb!

Good luck getting that OBP above .300 in Seattle, where getting on base is harder than it was for you in middle school.

Standings update?

Carroll another bomb!

Standings update?

I'll deduct our wager amount from your 2nd place winnings. I'm coming for you.

Not sure how punting saves is going to work out all season. If anyone has an abundant of closers and wants a bat, starter or bat and starter, let me know. Willing to deal to help us both out.

Commish: German was actually in my lineup last night and in no way was benched so that he wouldn't ruin another solid Blake Snell start. Thank you for your help in fixing this technical issue on the website.

#ThankYouShuke

Mid-Season Review for #buttstuff
Super accurate ratings using #mathstuff when I should be working
Guys that have underperformed (Draft position minus season ranking)
Garver -534
Darvish -488
Burnes -169
Perez -158
Wheeler -154
Gallo -109
Vlad -67
Gallegos -32
Schwarber -22
Seager -13

Guys that have overperformed (Draft postition minus season ranking)
Steele 304
Paredes 249
Thomas 220
Ruiz 151
Kershaw 110
Yelich 94
Stott 81
Snell 79
Graterol 70
McMahon 61
Bellinger 43
Muncy 30

9 times out of 10, when someone is dropped, I've never heard of them and can't believe they had been on a roster. I'm sure they're great, but man there are a lot of pigs rostered in this league.

Looking for saves. Willing to trade those sweet Ks and Wins from a starter and/or bat to make it happen.

Picked up 15% of my yearly total in saves last night.
since i am the only person that tries to trade in these leagues, you are lucky. it took me a while to do the math on this, but i believe it benefits us both. but of course, in magic baseball, who knows? at least it’s fun.

Picked up 15% of my yearly total in saves last night.
since i am the only person that tries to trade in these leagues, you are lucky. it took me a while to do the math on this, but i believe it benefits us both. but of course, in magic baseball, who knows? at least it’s fun.

I did the math as well and I think it works out.

I pulled off two trades this year. Pretty sure that might be a new high for me.

yeah, at this point with almost 2/3 of all innings used, it’s very difficult to move whip. but, with cats so tight there is always chance that even a minor move can help….especially if someone you are chasing has a bunch of WHIP buster games.

Users who are viewing this thread