What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL* 2023 Cakeboy League - pick or quit (1 Viewer)

Not sure what I have but I got pretty much exactly what I wanted rounds 3-11. I was forced into Freeman in 1st but he may have the highest floor of anyone. I took Riley in 2nd, which is too early for most, but I think he can return this lofty draft spot.

Rounds 3-11 got two of the most exciting young players in Jazz and Oneil, a good top three starters with high floors and maybe a breakout, and a safe/boring combo of Jose Abreu and Steven Kwan. Bryce Harper hoping he’s back in June.

Got sniped a ton in the meaty 11-18 range. I cant believe how far some recent prospects like Riley Greene and Jared Kelenic have fallen, and guys still entering their primes in Moncada, Flaherty, and Brendon Rodgers as well. I still have varying degrees of faith in all.

Thought the best value picks were Blake Snell, Lars, Tork, Tim Anderson, boegarts. Bad were Tyler ONeil, Corbin Carrol, Abrams, Harris, Swanson and every single relief pitcher..

Last edited:
Not sure what I have but I got pretty much exactly what I wanted rounds 3-11. I was forced into Freeman in 1st but he may have the highest floor of anyone. I took Riley in 2nd, which is too early for most, but I think he can return this lofty draft spot.

Rounds 3-11 got two of the most exciting young players in Jazz and Oneil, a good top three starters with high floors and maybe a breakout, and a safe/boring combo of Jose Abreu and Steven Kwan. Bryce Harper hoping he’s back in June.

Got sniped a ton in the meaty 11-18 range. I cant believe how far some recent prospects like Riley Greene and Jared Kelenic have fallen, and guys still entering their primes in Moncada, Flaherty, and Brendon Rodgers as well. I still have varying degrees of faith in all.

Thought the best value picks were Blake Snell, Lars, Tork, Tim Anderson, boegarts. Bad were Tyler ONeil, Corbin Carrol, Abrams, Harris, Swanson and every single relief pitcher..

I took Carrol right after somebody took Dansby Swanson and before somebody took Teoscar Hernandez. Willing to bet Carrol has a better offensive year than both of those guys. Care to wager on this?

I took Carrol right after somebody took Dansby Swanson and before somebody took Teoscar Hernandez. Willing to bet Carrol has a better offensive year than both of those guys. Care to wager on this?

I took Teoscar. $25.

I listed Swanson, too. :shrug:

I took Teoscar. $25.

Done. Use Yahoo fantasy rankings to determine winner?

You should see where Carrol went in the Pie draft!

my first 6 picks, like most, will make or break the season. i was happy to get tucker in r1 and uber surprised to find ohtani hitter available in r2. some risk in rounds 3-4, but i had scherzer and verlander as top 6 pitchers and got them as the 6th and 11th pitchers taken. i get health and age, but track record speaks for something here. in 5-6 i was happy to find bogaerts and bregman, filling ss and 3b spots. these 6 basically went in the first 4 rounds of pie league. bogaerts went after wander and o’neil cruz. obviously, i will suffer debilitating team death around may 10, but until then, i think i am pretty balanced. i think the problem with some other teams is the awful players they took.

i love carroll….i have both him and jrod in uber. that said, you are asking carroll to have a similar season to jrod and those don’t come around too often for rookies. swanson and teoscar can likely be penciled in for 25-85 floor. i think that would be carroll’s ceiling. both swanson and teoscar are changing locales, which is an xfactor. carroll will steal more, but i’d feel better if he had more than 135 PAs or so under belt. i think carroll will look a lot like brandon nimmo 2022, with more steals, lower obp. 15-70. i haven’t really checked where he is hitting and whether arizona has a decent lineup, but i think they are a bit weak. the west is also tough with sd, la and sf, offset by some games in colorado. interesting bet……but i don’t think yahoo rating should be the judge. we play 5 cats, will he out perform those 2 in 3 of them? obp and steals, prolly…..runs, maybe, rbis and hrs….wishful.

I took Teoscar. $25.

Done. Use Yahoo fantasy rankings to determine winner?
Yes

i love carroll….i have both him and jrod in uber. that said, you are asking carroll to have a similar season to jrod and those don’t come around too often for rookies. swanson and teoscar can likely be penciled in for 25-85 floor. i think that would be carroll’s ceiling. both swanson and teoscar are changing locales, which is an xfactor. carroll will steal more, but i’d feel better if he had more than 135 PAs or so under belt. i think carroll will look a lot like brandon nimmo 2022, with more steals, lower obp. 15-70. i haven’t really checked where he is hitting and whether arizona has a decent lineup, but i think they are a bit weak. the west is also tough with sd, la and sf, offset by some games in colorado. interesting bet……but i don’t think yahoo rating should be the judge. we play 5 cats, will he out perform those 2 in 3 of them? obp and steals, prolly…..runs, maybe, rbis and hrs….wishful.

I'm fine using any metric to determine 'better' season, but since we're playing on Yahoo, why not use it? Teoscar is going to play half his games in the offensive desert that is T Mobile Park. He MIGHT steal 7-10 bases. It'll be a fun side bet!

Here's the updated list of guys who have paid:

928 shuke
919 General Malaise
815 Bananafish
710 Mr. Pickles
610 urbanhack - PAID
605 BeTheMatch - PAID

555 Frostillicus
489 Chemical X
286 (519) Bogart
286 (356) cheese
227 FishTacoTuesday - PAID
142 Dan Lambskin - PAID

111 trogg78
11 Capella/Doofenshmirtz

928 shuke
919 General Malaise
815 Bananafish
710 Mr. Pickles
610 urbanhack - PAID
605 BeTheMatch - PAID

555 Frostillicus
489 Chemical X
286 (519) Bogart
286 (356) cheese
227 FishTacoTuesday - PAID
142 Dan Lambskin - PAID

111 trogg78
11 Capella/Doofenshmirtz

No points accrue until you pay

Jesus, Edwin Diaz wasn't even off the infield with his broken leg and one of our owners had picked up his likely replacement in free agency. We really need to address this next year if we insist in drafting 2 months before the season starts.

Jesus, Edwin Diaz wasn't even off the infield with his broken leg and one of our owners had picked up his likely replacement in free agency. We really need to address this next year if we insist in drafting 2 months before the season starts.
Lmao I was watching that game, falling asleep, couldn’t believe he got hurt that way and pulled up his replacement on espn. Texted the hick who was either asleep or drunk or both and he didn’t answer.

We should go to a budget system for sure.

Also I’ve been saying drafting in February is stupid since literally 2003 and I’ve given up on that so don’t blame me. We should be drafting starting today or something.

this is why i have continued to push for saves and holds. devalue these guys a bit and make access to this category a little more equitable. but here we are, the annual closer hoard.

this is why i have continued to push for saves and holds. devalue these guys a bit and make access to this category a little more equitable. but here we are, the annual closer hoard.

Same. Maybe it will pass next year on time.

How close was the vote this year? I voted for it....seemed like others did. What's critical mass to get it across?

Lmao I was watching that game, falling asleep, couldn’t believe he got hurt that way and pulled up his replacement on espn. Texted the hick who was either asleep or drunk or both and he didn’t answer.

Also I’ve been saying drafting in February is stupid since literally 2003 and I’ve given up on that so don’t blame me. We should be drafting starting today or something.

I'm just butthurt I didn't think of it first. But to put things into perspective, if this were a football league and we finished our draft in early August, wouldn't we have a system in place of orderly waivers or like you say a budget so it's not just a free-for-all to add potential winning pieces to a team for nothing save for being faster than everybody else to get news? Just seems like a league playing for 2 grand in prize money needs a more reasonable and fair system of pre-season waiver moves.

But whatever, I've also been doing this stupid league for longer than I can remember.

How close was the vote this year? I voted for it....seemed like others did. What's critical mass to get it across?
I voted for it. Saves are dumb.

I'm just butthurt I didn't think of it first. But to put things into perspective, if this were a football league and we finished our draft in early August, wouldn't we have a system in place of orderly waivers or like you say a budget so it's not just a free-for-all to add potential winning pieces to a team for nothing save for being faster than everybody else to get news? Just seems like a league playing for 2 grand in prize money needs a more reasonable and fair system of pre-season waiver moves.

But whatever, I've also been doing this stupid league for longer than I can remember.
Hey man, preaching to the choir. In my football league we have Wednesday waivers and then a free for all Thursday - Sunday kickoff. I don’t know why people are stuck on the same old rules here.

Either FDAS or Frosty (I get those two handsome gents mixed up) voted to make it a majority of yes votes, but it was after the set deadline for rule changes. The sheet with the rules seems to be gone now, so I can not confirm actual numbers.

Next year, votes will be done on this website so we can keep an accurate record. The draft will not start until everybody has voted. That's the new rule for 2024.

I will be introducing a rule to change the month long period between the end of our draft and the start of the season with regards to free agency/waivers.

Thank you,

Treasurer Malaise

Next year, votes will be done on this website so we can keep an accurate record. The draft will not start until everybody has voted. That's the new rule for 2024.

I will be introducing a rule to change the month long period between the end of our draft and the start of the season with regards to free agency/waivers.

Thank you,

Treasurer Malaise
Also add a free agent budget and make it saves/holds thx

928 shuke
919 General Malaise
815 Bananafish
710 Mr. Pickles
610 urbanhack - PAID
605 BeTheMatch - PAID

555 Frostillicus
489 Chemical X