What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (5 Viewers)

Was this one going to be a Mexico/Latin and South America season? The travel part is usually part of the fun.
This was filmed when CBS still had pretty strict COVID protocols in place and everyone traveled together on the TAR plane instead of booking their own flights. So it bears more resemblance to TAR 34 and the post-restart portion of TAR 33 than it does to TAR 35, which was filmed later.
Ah, wasn’t aware this was filmed before 35. They must have been worried that back to back minimal travel would tank the ratings. We still have what feels like the most really bad teams in one show, but the travel together part makes sense even if it feels more boring. I’m betting most people watching didn’t know this was filmed before the last season.

Was this one going to be a Mexico/Latin and South America season? The travel part is usually part of the fun.
This was filmed when CBS still had pretty strict COVID protocols in place and everyone traveled together on the TAR plane instead of booking their own flights. So it bears more resemblance to TAR 34 and the post-restart portion of TAR 33 than it does to TAR 35, which was filmed later.
Ah, wasn’t aware this was filmed before 35. They must have been worried that back to back minimal travel would tank the ratings. We still have what feels like the most really bad teams in one show, but the travel together part makes sense even if it feels more boring. I’m betting most people watching didn’t know this was filmed before the last season.
Actually, it aired out of order because 35 was shot for 90 minute episodes and 36 wasn't. They knew CBS was giving them 90 minutes in the fall so they chose to air the show that was shot for 90 minutes then, and waited to see if they would return to 60 minutes in the spring.

For shows that have been on this long, the viewers will watch regardless. It's comfort food for their brain. "Back to back minimal travel" isn't going to kill the show at this point. The Survivor superfans are always complaining online about the "new era" of that show, but they still watch it.

Again, not much movement. Looks like Sunny & Bizzy are next. Then Yvonne & Melissa. The alliance is keeping all those teams in the game. It will be interesting to see when it falls apart, like the mine five.

Mom and son look like they want to dissolve the alliance next episode which would be a mistake. Need to ride that for another two eliminations. The top two teams are so strong that an alliance gives them a chance.

Bummed the ex-cops are out but they weren't going to last long. Why change challenges when you still had 2 throws left to try and lasso the fake bull? so dumb.
His form was so bad though. Pretty much everyone else would finish their throw with their arm out in front, aiming towards the bull. He would finish his throw still above his head.

Mom and son look like they want to dissolve the alliance next episode which would be a mistake. Need to ride that for another two eliminations. The top two teams are so strong that an alliance gives them a chance.
It's tricky. The mom and son would have been at that race challenge for a while without the help on the puzzle. BUT, both the other teams are much worse at navigating and who knows where they would be without the son leading. They really do need each other.

But it was smart to have the mom knock out a couple challenges while they had this alliance. Might set it up for later for the son to do a bunch.

The blonde practically doing the puzzle for the other two teams doesn’t feel right to me. I’d be ok with a couple tips to help them, but telling them where each piece goes is a bit much.

The blonde practically doing the puzzle for the other two teams doesn’t feel right to me. I’d be ok with a couple tips to help them, but telling them where each piece goes is a bit much.
She was emotionally invested in Mom and son moving on. The alliance is committed to one another.
I thought that the football player Rod and wife were smart to join the alliance as they are benefiting from the son’s navigation skills. But will be able to outrun the other teams when it’s time to get to the pit stop.

Users who are viewing this thread