What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Barack Obama FBG campaign headquarters *** (1 Viewer)

:loco: What a night. :lmao:
How'd it go, baby?You lay the smack down on some cheatin' mofos?
Funny, I was just coming to this thread specifically to congratulate you on Ohio. That was one I really didn't expect. That has to feel awfully good for you.I got stationed in Lafayette today--god knows I loved driving 100 miles to get somewhere by 5:30 am :confused: --but looks like it might have been worth it. Not a lot of problems where I was, and nice, very friendly people.Then back up here to the celebration in Grant Park. What a freakin' day. Congrats to all who worked so hard. And I hope that the McCain folks won't be disheartened and will join together with us to make positive changes.God I'm exhausted.

McCain voter here that will try to support Obama even though the ignorant supporters I will continue encounter in the coming days.

Congrats on the victory. :confused:

:wub: What a night. :)
Funny, I was just coming to this thread specifically to congratulate you on Ohio. That was one I really didn't expect. That has to feel awfully good for you.I got stationed in Lafayette today--god knows I loved driving 100 miles to get somewhere by 5:30 am :wub: --but looks like it might have been worth it. Not a lot of problems where I was, and nice, very friendly people.Then back up here to the celebration in Grant Park. What a freakin' day. Congrats to all who worked so hard. And I hope that the McCain folks won't be disheartened and will join together with us to make positive changes.God I'm exhausted.
So you don't wanna cyber? :goodposting:

:wub: What a night. :)
Funny, I was just coming to this thread specifically to congratulate you on Ohio. That was one I really didn't expect. That has to feel awfully good for you.I got stationed in Lafayette today--god knows I loved driving 100 miles to get somewhere by 5:30 am :wub: --but looks like it might have been worth it. Not a lot of problems where I was, and nice, very friendly people.

Then back up here to the celebration in Grant Park. What a freakin' day. Congrats to all who worked so hard. And I hope that the McCain folks won't be disheartened and will join together with us to make positive changes.

God I'm exhausted.
WHERE IN THIS POST DID I SAY THAT???

Today has to be the greatest day in Politics that I have ever witnessed. I have never been prouder of this country and it's people. God Bless America!!

Now the work begins! :goodposting:

:) What a night. :)
Funny, I was just coming to this thread specifically to congratulate you on Ohio. That was one I really didn't expect. That has to feel awfully good for you.I got stationed in Lafayette today--god knows I loved driving 100 miles to get somewhere by 5:30 am :wub: --but looks like it might have been worth it. Not a lot of problems where I was, and nice, very friendly people.

Then back up here to the celebration in Grant Park. What a freakin' day. Congrats to all who worked so hard. And I hope that the McCain folks won't be disheartened and will join together with us to make positive changes.

God I'm exhausted.
:wub:

:) What a night. :)

God I'm exhausted.
:wub:

Wow! My parents have connects with the guy who ran the Obama campaign in Tampa. He is already in DC, and has a lock to be appointed to a position under Obama. Probably something with Latin American relations. Anyways, that guy called my parents and said, "pack up the house we are moving to DC." He wants to get my parents jobs working under him... Not sure if my parents would go, but depending on how lucrative the offer is they may consider. I guess this is how the political connections thing works...

Congratulations to Barack and good luck. I don't agree with many of his fiscal positins, but he seems like a very competent and intelligent guy.

Just please, please, please keep a leash on Pelosi and Reid. Those are two of the most disgusting partisons in politics today. You'd be wise to reign them in.

This is fantastic! We are now a part of history for all time, the first black president set to give us change through hope!!! He may be totally unqualified with a direction that will make us a third rate country but by golly it is historic!

CHANGE!

The only thing we will have left in our bank accounts!

Someone has to and likely will ask it. Could Hillary have blown out McCain like this? At the time she said her electability would have carried her in more states than McCain. There were only a tiny handful of hrc supporters on here so probably not the right place to ask.
I would have voted for McCain over Hillary.
You would have been cancelled out by Gopher State though, which should make you feel good.

Whatever side of the aisle we're on in this one, I wish us all good luck.
:popcorn:
Congratulations to Barack and good luck. I don't agree with many of his fiscal positins, but he seems like a very competent and intelligent guy.Just please, please, please keep a leash on Pelosi and Reid. Those are two of the most disgusting partisons in politics today. You'd be wise to reign them in.
:moneybag:
This is fantastic! We are now a part of history for all time, the first black president set to give us change through hope!!! He may be totally unqualified with a direction that will make us a third rate country but by golly it is historic! CHANGE!The only thing we will have left in our bank accounts!
:lmao:

He won. Wow. Had a great time celebrating last night in the lobby of a hotel in my city, surrounded by almost 80% african americans, watching the results come in with my girlfriend and other friends around me. Talking to local supporters who were putting in huge amounts of hours knocking on doors, canvassing neighborhoods, making calls, all working for free.Talking to other people in the room, hearing their stories, what it means to them that he has a chance. Watching the number of EV votes called for Obama climb up to 77...to 120ish...to 200...cheers start erupting after he got Ohio...then they called the election for Obama and everyone, hundreds of people, stood up, started hugging each other, strangers, black, white, indian...good stuff. Crying, some singing from the local DJ....but finally, after the celebration died down a bit, after the little spontaneous dances stopped...a man got on the microphone and asked everyone to bow their heads. The black man lead the overwhelmingly black audience in a prayer, thanking God for all that he's done....talking about the importance of that night, about all the things that were overcome, all the people, white and black, who stood side by side to fight for freedom, to fight for rights...abolition of slavery, civil rights, selma, all the marches, people who braved fire hoses unleashed on them, so that something like this could one day be a reality in the world they helped to usher in. All said Amen, and we broke up.I heard McCain's gracious concession speech on the radio on the way home. The real McCain has been lost in this election cycle, lost to strategists who had him cater to the base, lost to analysts who had him take positions different than he otherwise would've, and just lost to the game of the political cycle. But on the radio, I was reminded of the real McCain, the man i respected before this election, and he truly gave a good speech. It was great.And then I got home and turned on Obama's speech, watching it with my girlfriend. It was hard to believe that after more than 2 years of hoping for this day, it was finally here. The best man truly won the presidency. Hard to take in. Was thinking about this as he walked on stage, looked around, and began a victory speech, not using the lofty rhetoric that I've come to expect from hearing hundreds of his speeches. He was subdued. It was certainly by choice, but the crowd, very emotional, very jubilant, he let them stay somber for a while. He talked about the difficult road ahead, he talked about how he will be a president who reaches across to people who disagree with them, for those whose vote he has not yet won. He talks about how the climb will be steep, and it will take a while, but he talks also about his unyielding faith in the american people, that we will reach the top.And then in the end, after telling all listening that the road will be a tough road and that all of us need to work together, he really brought what I'd come to expect from him. A powerful message to all Americans, using a 106 year old black woman named Ann Nixon Cooper from Atlanta. The words he used, really captured what the night was about, and what the future can be, and because I can't say it any better than Obama did, I'll just quote his words for a conclusion:

This election had many firsts and many stories that will be told for generations. But one thats on my mind tonight is about a woman who cast her ballot in Atlanta. Shes a lot like the millions of others who stood in line to make their voice heard in this election except for one thing - Ann Nixon Cooper is 106 years old.She was born just a generation past slavery; a time when there were no cars on the road or planes in the sky; when someone like her couldn't vote for two reasons - because she was a woman and because of the color of her skin.And tonight, I think about all that shes seen throughout her century in America - the heartache and the hope; the struggle and the progress; the times we were told that we can't, and the people who pressed on with that American creed: Yes we can.At a time when womens voices were silenced and their hopes dismissed, she lived to see them stand up and speak out and reach for the ballot. Yes we can.When there was despair in the dust bowl and depression across the land, she saw a nation conquer fear itself with a New Deal, new jobs and a new sense of common purpose. Yes we can.When the bombs fell on our harbor and tyranny threatened the world, she was there to witness a generation rise to greatness and a democracy was saved. Yes we can.She was there for the buses in Montgomery, the hoses in Birmingham, a bridge in Selma, and a preacher from Atlanta who told a people that We Shall Overcome. Yes we can.A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. And this year, in this election, she touched her finger to a screen, and cast her vote, because after 106 years in America, through the best of times and the darkest of hours, she knows how America can change. Yes we can.America, we have come so far. We have seen so much. But there is so much more to do. So tonight, let us ask ourselves - if our children should live to see the next century; if my daughters should be so lucky to live as long as Ann Nixon Cooper, what change will they see? What progress will we have made?This is our chance to answer that call. This is our moment. This is our time - to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we cant, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people:Yes We Can. Thank you, God bless you, and may God Bless the United States of America.

I'm a mess -- I had a hard time sleeping last night and I still haven't taken a shower this morning. I'm still shocked, I guess. I think I was STILL reeling from the last election, after which I believed I could never trust America again. I'm really amazed at how things changed so quickly, and that should be a forewarning to us not to get cocky, and to actually reach across the eisle, and not just give lip service to the idea like the current occupant did. I've already been hearing the word mandate, which I hate. We are still a divided country -- 48% voted for McCain. Let's remember that and follow Obama's lead and rise above all the hate, relearn how to respect the other side and show them how it's done. Most importantly, we must move away from the politics of fear.

There were about 15 people at the election party I was at last night, here in the second most conservative city in America. The vote here went 34K for McCain, 12K for Obama (population 125K). There were no lines at the polls yesterday, everyone voted early (34K early voters). No democrats won anything locally, which means we still have a lot of work to do.

Could someone let me know when it becomes safe to take Statorama off ignore? TIA.
:lmao: i was thinking the same thing
How did your voter protection go yesterday? Mine was mostly uneventful, though I'd like to take credit for delivering Indiana to Obama.
Nothing major, and nowhere near as hectic as where I was for the primary. I did set up a caravan system for a housing project to get them out to vote though essentially, so I think I am going to go ahead and claim PA was all me.

I'm a mess -- I had a hard time sleeping last night and I still haven't taken a shower this morning. I'm still shocked, I guess. I think I was STILL reeling from the last election, after which I believed I could never trust America again. I'm really amazed at how things changed so quickly, and that should be a forewarning to us not to get cocky, and to actually reach across the eisle, and not just give lip service to the idea like the current occupant did. I've already been hearing the word mandate, which I hate. We are still a divided country -- 48% voted for McCain. Let's remember that and follow Obama's lead and rise above all the hate, relearn how to respect the other side and show them how it's done. Most importantly, we must move away from the politics of fear. There were about 15 people at the election party I was at last night, here in the second most conservative city in America. The vote here went 34K for McCain, 12K for Obama (population 125K). There were no lines at the polls yesterday, everyone voted early (34K early voters). No democrats won anything locally, which means we still have a lot of work to do.
:jawdrop:Personally, I don't want to hear the word mandate, and I'm rather glad the dems didn't get an overwhelming majority in the senate. They should be working with the republicans as if the senate was split, and the american people were evenly divided on this election. Now is not the time for ignoring opponents, but for working together.Obama acknowledged this in his speech last night, and I hope we see this reflected in his cabinet. I was a little uneasy to hear that he was likely to name a very partisan man as the chief of staff, but I hope that the rest of his cabinet and administration is a collection of brilliant and good people from all over the political spectrum. The democrats have a good shot here at making some great changes for america, but they will make a serious error in judgment if they go about it as if this election was all about giving them license to do whatever they want.Obama's win was as much about the last 8 years, as it was about who he was and what he stood for, and I think when he and others are honest with themselves they know that. They know the political climate could NOT have been better for their victory, and they should walk around with a little bit of humility rather than brashness...and I sense, or perhaps I just strongly hope, that they will.

I'm a mess -- I had a hard time sleeping last night and I still haven't taken a shower this morning. I'm still shocked, I guess. I think I was STILL reeling from the last election, after which I believed I could never trust America again. I'm really amazed at how things changed so quickly, and that should be a forewarning to us not to get cocky, and to actually reach across the eisle, and not just give lip service to the idea like the current occupant did. I've already been hearing the word mandate, which I hate. We are still a divided country -- 48% voted for McCain. Let's remember that and follow Obama's lead and rise above all the hate, relearn how to respect the other side and show them how it's done. Most importantly, we must move away from the politics of fear. There were about 15 people at the election party I was at last night, here in the second most conservative city in America. The vote here went 34K for McCain, 12K for Obama (population 125K). There were no lines at the polls yesterday, everyone voted early (34K early voters). No democrats won anything locally, which means we still have a lot of work to do.
:confused:Personally, I don't want to hear the word mandate, and I'm rather glad the dems didn't get an overwhelming majority in the senate. They should be working with the republicans as if the senate was split, and the american people were evenly divided on this election. Now is not the time for ignoring opponents, but for working together.Obama acknowledged this in his speech last night, and I hope we see this reflected in his cabinet. I was a little uneasy to hear that he was likely to name a very partisan man as the chief of staff, but I hope that the rest of his cabinet and administration is a collection of brilliant and good people from all over the political spectrum. The democrats have a good shot here at making some great changes for america, but they will make a serious error in judgment if they go about it as if this election was all about giving them license to do whatever they want.Obama's win was as much about the last 8 years, as it was about who he was and what he stood for, and I think when he and others are honest with themselves they know that. They know the political climate could NOT have been better for their victory, and they should walk around with a little bit of humility rather than brashness...and I sense, or perhaps I just strongly hope, that they will.
What worries me most is the attitude of the house and senate democrats. They have a reputation for being a pompous and cocky lot, historically speaking. Hope they follow Obama's lead.

I'm a mess -- I had a hard time sleeping last night and I still haven't taken a shower this morning. I'm still shocked, I guess. I think I was STILL reeling from the last election, after which I believed I could never trust America again. I'm really amazed at how things changed so quickly, and that should be a forewarning to us not to get cocky, and to actually reach across the eisle, and not just give lip service to the idea like the current occupant did. I've already been hearing the word mandate, which I hate. We are still a divided country -- 48% voted for McCain. Let's remember that and follow Obama's lead and rise above all the hate, relearn how to respect the other side and show them how it's done. Most importantly, we must move away from the politics of fear.

There were about 15 people at the election party I was at last night, here in the second most conservative city in America. The vote here went 34K for McCain, 12K for Obama (population 125K). There were no lines at the polls yesterday, everyone voted early (34K early voters). No democrats won anything locally, which means we still have a lot of work to do.
:confused: Personally, I don't want to hear the word mandate, and I'm rather glad the dems didn't get an overwhelming majority in the senate. They should be working with the republicans as if the senate was split, and the american people were evenly divided on this election. Now is not the time for ignoring opponents, but for working together.

Obama acknowledged this in his speech last night, and I hope we see this reflected in his cabinet. I was a little uneasy to hear that he was likely to name a very partisan man as the chief of staff, but I hope that the rest of his cabinet and administration is a collection of brilliant and good people from all over the political spectrum. The democrats have a good shot here at making some great changes for america, but they will make a serious error in judgment if they go about it as if this election was all about giving them license to do whatever they want.

Obama's win was as much about the last 8 years, as it was about who he was and what he stood for, and I think when he and others are honest with themselves they know that. They know the political climate could NOT have been better for their victory, and they should walk around with a little bit of humility rather than brashness...and I sense, or perhaps I just strongly hope, that they will.
I'm not....more than anything Obama needs someone who knows the Congress inside and out to get what he wants passed instead of waiting for Congress to pass bills he's lukewarm on.

I want to thank all of the FBG MCcain and Obama supporters, who provided constructive posts during this campaign. I did not post much here but I kept on checking in and enjoying some of the spirited back and forth.

originally I wanted dennis kusinitch (way back when this started), and then I had to make a choice between Clinton and Obama. and eventually I picked Obama. this thread was one of a couple places that help me make my choice.

Thanks for keeping this thread going.

Could someone let me know when it becomes safe to take Statorama off ignore? TIA.
:shrug: i was thinking the same thing
How did your voter protection go yesterday? Mine was mostly uneventful, though I'd like to take credit for delivering Indiana to Obama.
I still can't believe Indiana went blue. I remember vividly as a kid watching the presidential elections in 76, 80, 84......when Indiana would be the first state to go red. Never thought I'd see this day. I'll have to see if my parents voted for Obama. I doubt it, but you never know.

:goodposting: i was thinking the same thing
I still can't believe Indiana went blue. I remember vividly as a kid watching the presidential elections in 76, 80, 84......when Indiana would be the first state to go red. Never thought I'd see this day. I'll have to see if my parents voted for Obama. I doubt it, but you never know.
I thought Indiana was a huge long shot. The electoral map changed in a big way last night, and demographic trends that are fueling that have to be troubling to Republicans. Going forward they can't lose the Latino vote 60/40 and win elections; it's about that simple.

A day of mourning

This is a great day. A historic day. We didn't just elect a black man - we elected a brilliant statesman. While Obama's win is a victory for the civil rights movement, it is also begins our healing process.

Before I celebrate, I need to mourn. I need to mourn for the last eight years. Mourn for thousands of our troops that died in Iraq. Mourn for the innocent people that our government tortured. Mourn for many thousands of dead Iraqui civilians. Mourn the erosion of our civil liberties. Mourn the destruction of America's image.

No longer will America be personified by the evil imbecile George Bush.

Can America heal?

Yes, we can.

J

Who here thought it wasn't going to be close? I think I said 350+ and some said only Repubs can win by that much.

Hopefully everyone gets on board.

Personally, I don't want to hear the word mandate, and I'm rather glad the dems didn't get an overwhelming majority in the senate. They should be working with the republicans as if the senate was split, and the american people were evenly divided on this election. Now is not the time for ignoring opponents, but for working together.:
I hope to hear nothing but how this election was a mandate for change in "how the business of government is run".

O.k. Barack, you won. Yipeee.

Now, fix it. :thumbup:
:) A guy can't even get a break to enjoy the victory after 2 years of daily campaigning.
Hey, he can take whatever time he needs between now and January. I imagine there's going to be a trip to Hawaii and a funeral here in the next day or two. He's gone through a series of experiences here in the last few days that very few people in the history of the planet could approach. I think he needs some time off, and am a little surprised he's jumping right in to governing. I appreciate it, and think it's a great indication of the type of person he is and one of the reasons I strongly supported him. But I hope he doesn't work himself in to a physical collapse here - I can't imagine all the stress he's dealing with.However, he's got the job now, and he's got a lot of problems to solve and a lot of policies to enact. We can all feel good about this, and revel in the historic aspects, but it could all mean quite a bit less if he turns out not to be competent. I didn't vote for this guy because he's half black, I voted for him because I thought he is the best guy for the job (and it's not even close), so I'm expecting results that will put this country, and by extension this planet, back on a positive path. That can't happen soon enough.

The good news is, he seems to expect those results too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Now, fix it. ;)
:) A guy can't even get a break to enjoy the victory after 2 years of daily campaigning.
Hey, he can take whatever time he needs between now and January. I imagine there's going to be a trip to Hawaii and a funeral here in the next day or two. He's gone through a series of experiences here in the last few days that very few people in the history of the planet could approach. I think he needs some time off, and am a little surprised he's jumping right in to governing. I appreciate it, and think it's a great indication of the type of person he is and one of the reasons I strongly supported him. But I hope he doesn't work himself in to a physical collapse here - I can't imagine all the stress he's dealing with.However, he's got the job now, and he's got a lot of problems to solve and a lot of policies to enact. We can all feel good about this, and revel in the historic aspects, but it could all mean quite a bit less if he turns out not to be competent. I didn't vote for this guy because he's half black, I voted for him because I thought he is the best guy for the job (and it's not even close), so I'm expecting results that will put this country, and by extension this planet, back on a positive path. That can't happen soon enough.

Well crap, I was :lmao: because I thought you were alluding to the SNL skits :mellow:

Now, fix it. ;)

Well crap, I was :lmao: because I thought you were alluding to the SNL skits :mellow:
Step 1: FIXStep 2: IT!

Step 3: FIX IT!!!

Now, fix it. :football:

Well crap, I was :lmao: because I thought you were alluding to the SNL skits :goodposting:
Well, yeah, but again - it's funny because it's true.GB The Simpsons writers and Fat Tony

Users who are viewing this thread