What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official CFB NCG Thread: Ohio wins; Joe T shamed once again*** (2 Viewers)

Oregon game plan has been to challenge Winston to throw over the middle because he struggles with LB underneath coverage. Seems he was shying away from that in the first half. Not this half.

Cam Newton

Brett Favre

Joe Namath

Ben Roethlisberger

If you open it up to non-QBs, the list grows quite a bit. It's also encouraging that Winston's concerns don't involve alcohol/drugs.

Can I get a list of QB that improved their arm strength or accuracy in the NFL?
I'm pretty sure most guys "improved" their arm strength from college to the NFL, but I remember arm strength concerns about both Brees and Brady, I'm sure there are a ton more.

I don't remember the Favre or Roethlisberger off field/maturity issues when they were draft prospects, and I'm not old enough to remember Namath. It's not a very long list though. Not saying I wouldn't draft Winston, but it has to be factored in.

Now for this series, show some Noles fans in their living room drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon as the game is in a tiny corner of the screen.

That 3rd down pass clearly illustrates why Winston > Mariota.
I can't believe anyone thinks Mariotta is going to be better at the next level. But they are out there.
Agreed. It's not even close in terms of skill. TB would be smart to draft Winston. Mariotta is a product of this gimmicky offense.
A gimmick offense that has had success in the NFL?
It's not the same offense.

I was looking more forward to the late game tonight, but this has been pretty entertaining. I tweaked my back though, so I hope I don't have to poop.

This is my first time watching Oregon play this year...can someone comment on whether this is typically how Mariota plays?

That 3rd down pass clearly illustrates why Winston > Mariota.
I can't believe anyone thinks Mariotta is going to be better at the next level. But they are out there.
Agreed. It's not even close in terms of skill. TB would be smart to draft Winston. Mariotta is a product of this gimmicky offense.
A gimmick offense that has had success in the NFL?
It's not the same offense.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread