What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dallas Cowboys (2 Viewers)

cobalt_27 said:
Pure conjecture, but I think TE Bennett and our 27 go to MIA (plus other considerations) for their 12. We take Earl Thomas.Makes too much sense for both sides.
Names I heard today being tossed around in relation to Miami were Marcus Spears (who Parcells always liked), Bennett and Barber. Not necessarily all of them, but all of them are in the mix as of today.
It's going to happen. Something type of swap involving those players and picks. Still conjecture, but I'm pushing all in.

Last edited by a moderator:
cobalt_27 said:
Pure conjecture, but I think TE Bennett and our 27 go to MIA (plus other considerations) for their 12. We take Earl Thomas.Makes too much sense for both sides.
Names I heard today being tossed around in relation to Miami were Marcus Spears (who Parcells always liked), Bennett and Barber. Not necessarily all of them, but all of them are in the mix as of today.
It's going to happen. Something type of swap involving those players and picks. Still conjecture, but I'm pushing all in.
I would be pissed if they trade Bennett

cobalt_27 said:
If getting Earl Thomas is the rake, I wouldn't.

Here's all of the latest I've been able to gather.

The Cowboys do indeed have their eyes on Earl Thomas.

Problem is, it's believed that the Eagles do to.

From strictly a draft pick trade scenario, it would take the Cowboys 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks to entice the Dolphins for that 12th pick.

Meanwhile, from the Dolphins standpoint, they would like the Eagles 1st and 2nd round picks better. Being the 24th and 37th picks overall. The Eagles want to keep their 37th pick (from the McNabb trade) and would prefer offering their own 2nd round pick later in the round.

That's where it's at. Do the Cowboys throw a player or players into the mix or end up trading down for S Nate Allen in the early 2nd?

cobalt_27 said:
x2

No way we can give up our first 3 picks to move up 15 spots. That's ridiculous.
It's all about "impact" players that they can find in this draft this year.Tough to imagine our first three picks finding their nich on this roster.There's a new draft every year.

No way we can give up our first 3 picks to move up 15 spots. That's ridiculous.
It's all about "impact" players that they can find in this draft this year.Tough to imagine our first three picks finding their nich on this roster.

There's a new draft every year.
I know but we don't have the picks we had last year. We should have traded a few of them to be in better shape this year. I like Thomas but I don't think he would have been worth our first 3 picks.

Dez is our pick. Might be a bit of a homer being an OSU grad but he's the real thing. I hate what's left on the line and there is talent at S in this draft.

Dez is our pick. Might be a bit of a homer being an OSU grad but he's the real thing. I hate what's left on the line and there is talent at S in this draft.
Sigh. If he's Andre Johnson, then obviously I'm ok with that. But, I'm not so sure he's invested in being a great NFL player.

The Cowboys are going to get one of their guys here at #27.

Dez, Iupati and McCourtey are still there and are 3 of the 23 first-round graded players that they had predetermined.

If they go this route, who gets moved then? I mean, is Roy gone then?
He should be but no. I think we move Crayton/Carp/Pick to Miami to move up later in the draft for LB/S. Austin moves to the slot and Roy boy is cut after this year........(dez/austin/ogletree(slot) is the future)

The Cowboys are going to get one of their guys here at #27.Dez, Iupati and McCourtey are still there and are 3 of the 23 first-round graded players that they had predetermined.
I'd love Iupati, but he's gonna go as will Pouncey...imo_Odrick is my guess.

The Cowboys are going to get one of their guys here at #27.Dez, Iupati and McCourtey are still there and are 3 of the 23 first-round graded players that they had predetermined.
I'd love Iupati, but he's gonna go as will Pouncey...imo_Odrick is my guess.
Odrick is the one other guy on their first-round grade list that I omitted inadvertently.My bad. Props to you. We still have three players in play before taking offers to trade down.I'll say this. At this point, Dez Bryant is the front-runner to be chosen at #27 if he's there.I think that's where we're going.

So you guys don't think Dallas moves then to target Dez?
It's getting more and more likely. It won't cost as much and I think that Miami is going to take some of our garbage to get later picks. We prob need to move in front of Denver for this to happen.
Nah, I truly think Tebow is Denver's pick. Yes, really.eta: Well, not if they're moving up 2 spots. That's gotta be for Dez right (maybe Thomas instead?!?)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Williams ... Dez Bryant ... still plenty left at LB and OL.

Any chance they take Claussen as best talent if he's still there simply as trade bait? Probably not. But someone hopefully takes him to get us past another spot without a need taken.

There's more than 4 players that fit a need and 4 picks left ... Cowboys should trade down a few slots if they can find a taker especially if someone wants Claussen in this range. Vikings might move up?

Users who are viewing this thread