What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Defense Streaming*** - Championship Week(s)! (1 Viewer)

You guys all lost hope on Tennessee I see. :no:
Aside from the pick 6 last week they were atrocious. Can't bank on those every week. They probably will bounce back a little, but eh.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if Cam Newton is out, Carolina is the defense I'm going with, over the likes of the Jets, Houston, Green Bay, Cleveland and Indy.

Why? Because I started TB in week one as my first stream of the season against Carolina and watched Derrick Anderson have a great day against them. Carolina's D matches up well against Tampa's O, and Carolina will be able to move the ball without Newton. Tampa is worse than they were week one and Carolina is a bit better. The Panthers D will do no worse than a few sacks, an int and under 21 points allowed. That's the floor I want in my playoff matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the pick 6 last week they were atrocious. Can't bank on those every week. They probably will bounce back a little, but eh.....
It's not really about them, now is it?
Jets are ground an pounding. They're offense is much improved the last 2 weeks and they're playing hard. I look at 1-2 week trends not the whole season.

It is about them if they are SO bad that they can't take advantage of the good matchup. Plus the game plan for the Jets will be to throw the ball as little as possible, reducing the opportunity for Geno to implode. I'd pass on the titans this week.

I don't care if Cam Newton is out, Carolina is the defense I'm going with, over the likes of the Jets, Houston, Green Bay, Cleveland and Indy.

Why? Because I started TB in week one against as my first stream of the season against Carolina and watched Derrick Anderson have a great day against them. Carolina's D matches up well against Tampa's O, and Carolina will be able to move the ball without Newton. Tampa is worse than they were week one and Carolina is a bit better. The Panthers D will do no worse than a few sacks, an int and under 21 points allowed. That's the floor I want in my playoff matchup.
Yep, I feel the same way. Went with Car. They have something to play for and the defense stepped up last week against a better offense.

Hate to turn into assistant coach thread...but have St. Louis and Balt, pretty sure I'm sticking with Balt against Jax at home, should be steady, but listening for reasons to switch...

Hate to turn into assistant coach thread...but have St. Louis and Balt, pretty sure I'm sticking with Balt against Jax at home, should be steady, but listening for reasons to switch...
I picked up Baltimore a few weeks ago in anticipation of this weeks matchup versus Jacksonville. I've decided to leave them on the bench this week in favor of St. Louis. They have looked dominant the last few weeks, and Stanton does not scare me in the slightest.

I'm playing STL in both my leagues so it may be wishful thinking, but I think they are going to have another very good outing. Ellington is out which helps a lot. ARI likes to take deep shots on offense which plays into the strength of the STL D... I'm betting they get to Stanton before he can get those passes in the air.

I'm playing STL in both my leagues so it may be wishful thinking, but I think they are going to have another very good outing. Ellington is out which helps a lot. ARI likes to take deep shots on offense which plays into the strength of the STL D... I'm betting they get to Stanton before he can get those passes in the air.
:goodposting:

I feel like I am setting myself for a letdown as well..and StL DST can't be expected to score 30+ in FF every week... but Arizona last 4 games point total are 14, 3, 18, and 17.

Gimme 5 sacks, 3 TOs, 13 points against and the defensive TD or return TD for gravy.

Jets are ground an pounding. They're offense is much improved the last 2 weeks and they're playing hard. I look at 1-2 week trends not the whole season.
I understand and can agree but the one thing I can see changing is the playing hard part. They pulled out all the stops on that Monday Nighter against the fins, as expected on national TV. Then they went into Minnie and granted, played harder than I expected, only to get their hearts ripped out in OT. It is a matter of time before they let up. And a second road game against some crap team can't exactly inspire. I could very well be wrong (not sure I'll actually pull the trigger), and it's certainly a stretch, but my gut keeps telling me to go against them in this spot.

I understand and can agree but the one thing I can see changing is the playing hard part. They pulled out all the stops on that Monday Nighter against the fins, as expected on national TV. Then they went into Minnie and granted, played harder than I expected, only to get their hearts ripped out in OT. It is a matter of time before they let up. And a second road game against some crap team can't exactly inspire. I could very well be wrong (not sure I'll actually pull the trigger), and it's certainly a stretch, but my gut keeps telling me to go against them in this spot.
Very well could be a letdown for NYJ this week. I'm going with KC alot this week because their back is against the wall at home. I obviously like STL or BAL better this week. TEN and NYJ are riskier perhaps.

I'm left with a dilmema for week 16:

Dolphins vs. Vikings

or

Bills @ Raiders?

My guy says go with the Bills and if this was a home game I wouldn't even flinch. Are the Dolphins a good matchup at home vs. the Vikings. Sigmund Blooms keeps plugging them over the Bills in week 16 but I'm not convinced.

Any thoughts?

Dolphins vs. Vikings

or

Bills @ Raiders?

My guy says go with the Bills and if this was a home game I wouldn't even flinch. Are the Dolphins a good matchup at home vs. the Vikings. Sigmund Blooms keeps plugging them over the Bills in week 16 but I'm not convinced.

Any thoughts?

Dolphins vs. Vikings

or

Bills @ Raiders?

Any thoughts?
Have the same two, Bills over Miami, Minny hasn't been allowing that many dST points lately. On a schedule adjusted basis, Buffalo is the #2 defense this year.

Dolphins vs. Vikings

or

Bills @ Raiders?

Any thoughts?
Bills are playing Green Bay? Even as good as the Bills are defensively, I don't see the Packers handing them points. I like the Vikings as the defense has been playing well of recent.

Dolphins vs. Vikings

or

Bills @ Raiders?

Any thoughts?
Bills are playing Green Bay? Even as good as the Bills are defensively, I don't see the Packers handing them points. I like the Vikings as the defense has been playing well of recent.
I'm talking Week 16.. not this week. Of course I'd pass on playing anybody vs. GB.

Sorry, I should have better clarified. I currently have Miami but Buffalo is on the WW for pickup. Miami or Buffalo in week 16 is my question. Thanks.

The Cards are down to their 3rd string QB (their 4th string really considering that Thomas made the team as the 3rd and Lindley was signed off teh street) but the Cards are still a very good team. Also the Rams themselves are offensively challenged.

Did not pick anyone up. Dropped HOU for Knile Davis (handcuff). Held BUF for WK 16.

Going against consensus and starting ARI.
14 points - won't hurt me, I'll take it. Got screwed out of two sacks where the review official blew the replay but whatevs.That's 169 points from 15 weeks of streaming. If that were a DST, only PHI scored more. Next highest is BUF with 151.

161 points this year streaming D's including tonight. Should be good for 2nd just behind Philly as well. I'll take it.

233 pts streaming (we count tfl), 3rd behind Philly and Buffalo. I'll take it...
Hey pard, I commish my oldest league and we're kicking around adding TFL next year. What's your value, 1.0 for each TFL?

Seems like elite DSTs average around 4 a game, laggards around 2 per game. I imagine there are games you get 8-10 points for TFL, right?

233 pts streaming (we count tfl), 3rd behind Philly and Buffalo. I'll take it...
Hey pard, I commish my oldest league and we're kicking around adding TFL next year. What's your value, 1.0 for each TFL?Seems like elite DSTs average around 4 a game, laggards around 2 per game. I imagine there are games you get 8-10 points for TFL, right?
TFL adds more excitement to games and makes watching defense fun. 1pt per tfl. NYG for instance had 12 tfl against TEN last week. It's interesting because JAC is actually a very good defense with TFL factored in, so it sways the balance. But yeah. 4-5 is average...

Hey pard, I commish my oldest league and we're kicking around adding TFL next year. What's your value, 1.0 for each TFL?

Seems like elite DSTs average around 4 a game, laggards around 2 per game. I imagine there are games you get 8-10 points for TFL, right?
OFF TOPIC

Point of Clarification:

TFL - average league wide is around 4.5 per game, elite defenses average 7-8, poor defenses around 3 per game.

I was confusing TFL with another category we may add next year:

Forced 3 and Outs - The league leader in this category usually gets around 60-70 per year, while the 32nd ranked team has around 25-30.

/OFF TOPIC

Does anyone have faith in the Ten defense vs. the Jets? They have been awful lately but my only other option is Buf vs. the Packers

Streaming DSTs for me this year has netted me 167 points. Good enough for 2nd behind the Eagles with 175. If you count the Rams this week, I'm at 175 right now.

Hey pard, I commish my oldest league and we're kicking around adding TFL next year. What's your value, 1.0 for each TFL?Seems like elite DSTs average around 4 a game, laggards around 2 per game. I imagine there are games you get 8-10 points for TFL, right?
OFF TOPIC

Point of Clarification:

TFL - average league wide is around 4.5 per game, elite defenses average 7-8, poor defenses around 3 per game.

I was confusing TFL with another category we may add next year:

Forced 3 and Outs - The league leader in this category usually gets around 60-70 per year, while the 32nd ranked team has around 25-30.

/OFF TOPIC
I like that idea as well.

I expected better from the Rams especially when the Cards went to their 2nd backup QB. That said the Cards defense is plenty nasty too so...I guess that's that.

I hope it doesn't come down to a few points and my other DST (Chiefs) scores those points but is sitting on the bench.

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:
I expected better from the Rams especially when the Cards went to their 2nd backup QB. That said the Cards defense is plenty nasty too so...I guess that's that.

I hope it doesn't come down to a few points and my other DST (Chiefs) scores those points but is sitting on the bench.
I had St. Louis DST going against me in 2 different leagues and I was nervous as hell. Especially when Lindley came in and was wildly missing passes. That game couldn't get over quick enough. I escaped with only 5 & 9 being scored against and that's nothing in those formats. Sorry for you but :whew: for me.

I can only choose between Browns & Eagles week 15 (we don't count yardage against, and DST cannot score negative pts, worse a DST can do is 0, which = giving up 28 or more pts w/ no sacks/turnovers, etc.). I am rolling the dice on Browns, even though every time I've started them this year they have disappointed. I just don't think the Cowboys will play as poorly Sun night as they did the last time they played Eagles (though the upside of a Sproles return TD weighs on me). Guess it's more of an anti-Dalton play than anything else. If Dallas gets the run game going, I just don't see many opportunities for sacks/turnovers by Eagles.

I have Eagles D/ST also and one reason why I think I am going to keep them in my lineup is the potential for a kick/punt return touchdown.....Sproles is a good punt returner and the rookie from Oregon (no idea what his name is) seems dangerous as well. Plus, playing at home on primtime, they should be good for a couple sacks and at least one turnover.

I did grab the Giants from waiver wire, but have this sinking feeling that they give up a ton of pass yards to Colt McCoy and the Redskin wr's.

I have Eagles D/ST also and one reason why I think I am going to keep them in my lineup is the potential for a kick/punt return touchdown.....Sproles is a good punt returner and the rookie from Oregon (no idea what his name is) seems dangerous as well. Plus, playing at home on primtime, they should be good for a couple sacks and at least one turnover.

I did grab the Giants from waiver wire, but have this sinking feeling that they give up a ton of pass yards to Colt McCoy and the Redskin wr's.
Josh Huff

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

I hear you, Joey. Not a good way to start the playoffs this weekend. Thank goodness I started the Rams for one team while I have the Ravens starting for my other three teams that made the playoffs. Good luck to you.

Slim pickings in my league. Currently have CIN vs. CLE. Only other options are:

GB @ BUF

ATL vs. PIT

PIT @ ATL

TENN vs. NYJ

NYJ @ TENN

OAK @ KC

I just can't imagine playing ATL, PIT, TENN or OAK vs. anyone, despite TENN's cake schedule the rest of the way, as has been noted.

GB obvious over NYJ? GB has a better matchup next week (@TB).

Does anyone have faith in the Ten defense vs. the Jets? They have been awful lately but my only other option is Buf vs. the Packers
I picked them up last week. Got TB slotted in for them now. I just don't have faith in bad defenses playing a bad team. It's usually a wash.

My league's average is 12.16 ppg for DST. I have the top average of 17.64 a game. Lowest score I had was a zero (negative is possible). Outside of the zero though, I scored double digits every week. The Seattle owner is currently 4-10 and averaged 11.5 ppg for DST this year. Only one other owner caught on to the streaming. He finished with 17.57 thanks mostly to owning Stl for the last 2 weeks (42 and 38 pts). Next closest team was 12.21.

Streaming is the way but it certainly helps to do it right. Many thanks to all who participated in this thread this season. We need to do it again next year.

Baltimore or stick with Detroit? Every point, every sack, every interception, every fumble recovery, every pick 6, every Defensive touchdown is big now. All signs point to Baltimore, however...

My league's average is 12.16 ppg for DST. I have the top average of 17.64 a game. Lowest score I had was a zero (negative is possible). Outside of the zero though, I scored double digits every week. The Seattle owner is currently 4-10 and averaged 11.5 ppg for DST this year. Only one other owner caught on to the streaming. He finished with 17.57 thanks mostly to owning Stl for the last 2 weeks (42 and 38 pts). Next closest team was 12.21.

Streaming is the way but it certainly helps to do it right. Many thanks to all who participated in this thread this season. We need to do it again next year.
Steaming is the way to go. it seems like every season, people stick with their drafted defense for a while no matter how it performs. I cut rope with the Rams after week 2 and started streaming very successfully. Soon the copycats joined in and next thing you know you have 4-5 teams streaming and most of the league starts carrying two defenses. It made things harder. You can still find a good match-up, but maybe not the best. Most teams streaming tend to only look at things one week at a time, so you might have to pick out the best match-up a week or two ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread