What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Destiny Thread *** Xbox One & PS4 (if we have to) (1 Viewer)

Any Xbox One guys available for strike missions tonight? Need a 3rd for our striketeam level 23+ so we can do some queen's wrath or the weekly and daily strikes.

Loot patch is out! Vanguard Tiger strikes now will yield Vanguard gear and a Cryotarch engram each play though. FINALLY getting real rewards for strikes!

Hawks64 said:
Loot patch is out! Vanguard Tiger strikes now will yield Vanguard gear and a Cryotarch engram each play though. FINALLY getting real rewards for strikes!
Yeah, glad that patch is finally out.

Got a Legendary Engram yesterday and it turned out to be a stupid Rare cloak that I already had. :rant:

Hawks64 said:

Got a Legendary Engram yesterday and it turned out to be a stupid Rare cloak that I already had. :rant:
LOL yeah I have 2 legendary helmets with the same stats and nothing else.

Hawks64 said:

I would very rarely get an engram that was decrypted to the same color of the engram. Soooo many blues = green and purples = blue.

So we finally picked up an X-box1, and got the game. Awesome. Just started this weekend, so we my son (blue-guy sniper/hunter) is at level 6 and I (human titan/tank) am at level 7. Working through the first couple of missions on Earth. Went into the crucible last night and got murdered.

This may be earlier in the thread, but: Do you guys have suggestions for newbies for the next few rounds? Particularly with what Weapons or armor to get (and particularly for my titan, but feel free to give any other suggestions). My biggest choice at this point seems to be what primary and secondary weapons to bring into my battles. I tried to be true to character and have been using a hand-cannon (looks like a 357 revolver) as my primary and a shotgun as my secondary. It makes for fun battles, but I get no range, which kinda sucks. I think I may switch to the fully automatic rifle.

Also, it isn't really clear to me how the grendades work (how often they recharge) or the fist-thing where you punch the ground. Or even if I'm doing the melee correctly (right button punch in the face). Is this class supposed to be better at melee than other classes? Also don't really get the jump-lift thing (does it need to recharge, too?).

would love to hear any thoughts, or if there is an easy primer-page that would be helpful too. Thanks!

Also - gamer tag Swt J

So about long does it take to venture through the campaign and can you guys see a decent hour amount post level 20(I keep on seeing this is about the end of campaign)?? Still deciding if I should get this or not.

Manback, I couldn't hear you the other day, but I was talking with Mobile earlier and it worked fine so :shrug:

About how much MMO is this? I could see both of us(Dainty says hi) getting sucked into the vortex of a MMO when we don't want to burn the crazy amount of time they take.

Last edited by a moderator:
So about long does it take to venture through the campaign and can you guys see a decent hour amount post level 20(I keep on seeing this is about the end of campaign)?? Still deciding if I should get this or not.

Manback, I couldn't hear you the other day, but I was talking with Mobile earlier and it worked fine so :shrug:

About how much MMO is this? I could see both of us(Dainty says hi) getting sucked into the vortex of a MMO when we don't want to burn the crazy amount of time they take.
I have found it very spotty with in game chat. I found using the party chat to be more reliable

The campaign and journey up to level 20 is pretty short - maybe a 2-3 hours of jumping from planet to planet. The real grind comes after level 20 as you work to increase the light for your gear. This takes several hours doing strikes, special missions, weeklies, etc. or just farming crap like spin metal. But you need to do it in order to participate in the higher level activities...i.e. a level 25 character has no chance of really contributing in a heroic level 28 strike....I tried to do exactly that yesterday with Zrath and his friend and I ended up just being a decoy. So there is a lot of motivation to grind up your level after 20 and it can suck you in.

As you know, I've never been a story mode guy and usually just focus on PvP, but even I have been getting sucked into grinding because the heroic strikes can be fun, and you need to get rewards from that to get better weapons for PvP.

The campaign doesn't take too long. I interspersed bounties and such along the way and it probably took a week and a half of play i guess? It's like half an MMO or something. When you group up with other players for a strike its pretty fun, but if you are solo its really a pretty isolated game. It seems pretty grindy past level 24 or so, but the game play is pretty fun.

Weird, will have to try again.

What times are you usually playing now?

I thought this was a pretty decent starter for life once you hit level 20.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2gg5p5/a_rambling_guidesome_advice_for_destiny_once_you/

As others have mentioned the campaign is pretty short but there are tons of hours to be spent after that if you want to get the best gear etc. I'm still pretty ####### awful at this game but I keep coming back for more. bakes716 on XBL if anyone wants to add me.

Ryodan - sorry I missed you yesterday was just about to eat with the fam

Harry Manback said:
madshot31 said:

Weird, will have to try again.What times are you usually playing now?
It's been kind of random with weekends being the most consistent and early afternoon or weekend your time works best for us.

GAlmgren said:
madshot31 said:

The campaign doesn't take too long. I interspersed bounties and such along the way and it probably took a week and a half of play i guess? It's like half an MMO or something. When you group up with other players for a strike its pretty fun, but if you are solo its really a pretty isolated game. It seems pretty grindy past level 24 or so, but the game play is pretty fun.
Is the gear drops randomized as in a legendary item comes with the same stats every time or does it have variance?

Will be 28 in about another hour of play.

I think this is all about teaming after 20. Then you can fly through daily and weekly strikes. Stomp in crucible.

Dos and donts. Do join a faction - faster to rewards than Vanguard. Don't spend crucible points on weapons or armor until you need to fill a gap. You'll get random legendary and exotic weapons. I only bought gauntlets. I only bought an exotic sniper. Rest came as I completed strikes.

Don't upgrade armor in final column. Save ascendent for glass vault armor.

I think this is all about teaming after 20. Then you can fly through daily and weekly strikes. Stomp in crucible.

Dos and donts. Do join a faction - faster to rewards than Vanguard. Don't spend crucible points on weapons or armor until you need to fill a gap. You'll get random legendary and exotic weapons. I only bought gauntlets. I only bought an exotic sniper. Rest came as I completed strikes.

I really think that unless you have guys you game with on a regular basis doing much past 25/26 is pointless. I don't have a fireteam for any of the non-matchmaking strikes and certainly not enough for a raid. :kicksrock: You really get penalized if you don't have a ton of friends post level 20.

Hawks64 said:
Zerp said:

I really think that unless you have guys you game with on a regular basis doing much past 25/26 is pointless. I don't have a fireteam for any of the non-matchmaking strikes and certainly not enough for a raid. :kicksrock: You really get penalized if you don't have a ton of friends post level 20.
I have no friends and haven't been able to do any of the strikes.
At least with the strikes, talking specifically about the Vanguard strikes not daily or weekly since those don't matchmake, I have been able to get some better gear. But it's a grind at best and guys bail constantly. So I can do the vanguard strikes but that's it.

If you are level 27 and xboxone then friend me. It can be hard to get 6 for vault. Took us 2 hours to get about 2/3 through. Chests of ascendent energy. But need to finish for a chance at gear.

If you are level 27 and xboxone then friend me. It can be hard to get 6 for vault. Took us 2 hours to get about 2/3 through. Chests of ascendent energy. But need to finish for a chance at gear.
I'm a 27 Titan on XB1 and I think I'm ready to raid. I was sort of waiting until I hit 28, but I should be there with just a few more shards anyway. I've done the raid once and we got to Atheon and wiped multiple times and then folks started quitting. I've been grinding since then but I'm ready to give it another shot. If you're looking to fill a fireteam for raid, nightfall, or weekly heroics, send me an invite and I'll join if I can.

P.S. I still have no idea how to use the relic in the raid but I'm good at following directions.

I have no friends and haven't been able to do any of the strikes.
I think you're on my friends list. If you ever see me on feel free to send me an invite or join. I need to start doing some of the weekly heroics and nightfalls. Need some strange coins bad.

Just picked up the Destiny edition PS4 this weekend and played it a bit with my boys. We're playing a warlock and are up to level 6 after a moderate amount of gaming. Seems fun at this point but this thread makes it seem disappointing.

PSN name is Nittany Dodger but it won't be me all the time. It seems I have some work to do to get up to a useful level though.

Just picked up the Destiny edition PS4 this weekend and played it a bit with my boys. We're playing a warlock and are up to level 6 after a moderate amount of gaming. Seems fun at this point but this thread makes it seem disappointing.

PSN name is Nittany Dodger but it won't be me all the time. It seems I have some work to do to get up to a useful level though.
It's not awful but the game just ends up becoming a massive grind after you reach level 20. That's fine if you really enjoy MMORPG's - I can see the appeal and it can be super addictive. But for my tastes, when I step back and think about it, the whole thing is just a huge waste of time.

It's not awful but the game just ends up becoming a massive grind after you reach level 20. That's fine if you really enjoy MMORPG's - I can see the appeal and it can be super addictive. But for my tastes, when I step back and think about it, the whole thing is just a huge waste of time.
Haven't done a console MMORPG previously, so we'll see how it goes once I get there. I'm not the kind to buy a lot of games. I'm guessing by the end of the year I will have COD, NBA2K and possibly Madden. I won't have a lot of other games begging for my attention.

Just DL'd this on the 360. Pretty cool so far...level 2 after 15 minutes. Where does one find the multiplayer? Please excuse the ignorance...

looking to get a group of FBGs to set up a firetream so we can take on the vault of glass.

Also looking for some guys who want to get a team of 3 together to do the level 28 strike.

XB1 - Gamertag Git2DaChoppaa

28 Warlock

looking to get a group of FBGs to set up a firetream so we can take on the vault of glass.

Also looking for some guys who want to get a team of 3 together to do the level 28 strike.

28 Warlock
Only 25 or 26....just can't grind these same ####### levels anymore. It really pisses me off that off all the purple drops I have found none were legendary gear or weapons. I pretty much gave up prior to the patch and just can't get back into it, feel really jacked over by Bungie and I doubt I play again.

28 Warlock
Only 25 or 26....just can't grind these same ####### levels anymore. It really pisses me off that off all the purple drops I have found none were legendary gear or weapons. I pretty much gave up prior to the patch and just can't get back into it, feel really jacked over by Bungie and I doubt I play again.
there was a well known glitch in drops which has worked itself out. The loop drops are much better since they resolved that issue. I stopped playing for a week back in Sept because the drops were ridiculous and they have gotten better over time. One piece of advice I offer you is to make sure you get to Vanguard Level 2 rank for staters. That allows you to buy Legendary Gear with Vanguard Marks you get from playing Strikes. I was able buy all of my legedary armor (with the exception of my exotic gauntlents). If you aren't level 2. then that should be your first goal.

28 Warlock
there was a well known glitch in drops which has worked itself out. The loop drops are much better since they resolved that issue. I stopped playing for a week back in Sept because the drops were ridiculous and they have gotten better over time. One piece of advice I offer you is to make sure you get to Vanguard Level 2 rank for staters. That allows you to buy Legendary Gear with Vanguard Marks you get from playing Strikes. I was able buy all of my legedary armor (with the exception of my exotic gauntlents). If you aren't level 2. then that should be your first goal.
also, every time you level up at the Cryptarch, you get a message at the postoffice and a lot of times it will include a legenary engram. so I'll do 5-6 strikes in a row and take the engrams and I usually level up and may get a legendary engram + blue engram or 2 blues or 2 ascendant shards..

Also, Xur is right next to Arcite 99-40 - Crucible Quartermaster today. He has some exotic armor that you can purchase with 13 strange coins.

he also has a great sniper that is at 17 coins, in which I have 14 so I have been grinding for coins.

The key is there are plenty of opportunities to get legendary gear, but you have to put in the effort. You don't get it easy that's for sure.

28 Warlock
I'll do VoG if you need someone and see me online. I've done it once and we got up to the portals before Atheon, but that's as far as I made it. And I'll always game for the weekly herioc (28) and the weekly nightfall.

28 Titan - IndyMark007

phrozen said:
phrozen said:
Hawks64 said:
phrozen said:

28 Warlock
also, every time you level up at the Cryptarch, you get a message at the postoffice and a lot of times it will include a legenary engram. so I'll do 5-6 strikes in a row and take the engrams and I usually level up and may get a legendary engram + blue engram or 2 blues or 2 ascendant shards..

Also, Xur is right next to Arcite 99-40 - Crucible Quartermaster today. He has some exotic armor that you can purchase with 13 strange coins.

he also has a great sniper that is at 17 coins, in which I have 14 so I have been grinding for coins.

The key is there are plenty of opportunities to get legendary gear, but you have to put in the effort. You don't get it easy that's for sure.
Yeah I know about the glitch but I am really burnt on the same damn strikes over and over and over and over. And I don't do crucible so it's tougher to get the vanguard stuff. I may start back up, I may not, depends on how much time I sink into AC Unity.

Feel free to add me (actually my son). "Swt J." I think my son is a mid-20s level Hunter, and he's been killing it on Crucible.

I'm level 20 after playing with my brother and a buddy on weekends and getting shmammered. Now what? I haven't really paid attention to what I'm supposed to be doing.

unlocked an exotic weapon called the Universal Remote, which is a primary shotgun. Never thought I would use a shotgun as a primary but it works really well. I am more of an aggressive player so I don't mind getting up close with enemies. I have been using it on lvl 24 strikes and averaging 120+ kills with my legendary sniper and machine gun. Looking forward to leveling this baby up.

Also had the opportunity to do an exotic bounty and my reward is another exotic weapon, but I have to wait until this weekend to give the parts to Xur so he can give it to me. Missed out on the exotic sniper last weekend by one strange coin, which sucked. That sniper he was selling looked like a beast.

Play a couple of hours on the weekends. I've found the missions to get repeptitive so its not something I can sit and play for hours on end. I usually play a mission, do some other stuff, play another mission.

I don't have any PSN friends, so I don't get into the co-op missions. That could add a new element of fun, but it doesn't work with my schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread