What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Again, the talking point I was responding to was that he was enriching himself.  That is demonstrably false.
I’ve certainly not seen it demonstrated.

In fact, everything I’ve seen points to the fact that he is (which matches his decades of behavior in business - i.e. enriching himself off of his “charities”

If something proves otherwise I’m happy to reconsider my stance, but Trump has literally spent decades looking to enrich himself at the expense of others and without regard for others in doing so.

your sarcasm meter could use some adjustin'.  I realize its the age of Trump though so I will forgive you
I wasn't being sarcastic. What specifically do you claim she lied about re Benghazi as my response was to what seemed the most obvious.

I wasn't being sarcastic. What specifically do you claim she lied about re Benghazi as my response was to what seemed the most obvious.
check it again, its still broken

anyway, I always thought the lie was that Hillary told the mom of one of the 4 fallen that it wasn't a terrorist attack.  I could be wrong on that as I don't follow right wing talking points that closely, but I did remember the phrase.  I think I even saw a bumper sticker with it

Last edited by a moderator:
check it again, its still broken

anyway, I always thought the lie was that you told the mom of one of the 4 fallen that it wasn't a terrorist attack.  I could be wrong on that as I don't follow right wing talking points that closely, but I did remember the phrase.  I think I even saw a bumper sticker with it
That wasn't a lie either, some of the families disputed that Hillary said that.

dude.....

I was being sarcastic with the whole Benghazi thing.  back to impeachment talk
Then, for future reference, it might be best that you indicate your sarcasm, somehow, instead of letting others on this forum believe it is your real take on things...just sayin'...

Google has no idea either. And I think there’s a good chance he’s not cash heavy at all. So I really don’t believe we can rely on your .004 claim 

I’ve certainly not seen it demonstrated.

In fact, everything I’ve seen points to the fact that he is (which matches his decades of behavior in business - i.e. enriching himself off of his “charities”

If something proves otherwise I’m happy to reconsider my stance, but Trump has literally spent decades looking to enrich himself at the expense of others and without regard for others in doing so.
I’d be happy to walk you through the math again using whatever reasonable numbers you want. Until you can point to where my math is wrong all you have is poorly informed opinions. 

If you’re a billionaire you want to host world leaders to show off your properties. Not to make 100k or less for your company. lol. 

The evidence speaks for itself. He's been chasing the dollar his entire life, without it, his ego has nowhere to play.
lol. He’s a billionaire that tweets nonstop at his critics. The evidence does speak for itself. Sorry you can’t be serious. 

I thought I saw it documented in one of these threads where Pence stays alone at Trump properties were well north of $200K...am I misremembering?  This isn't an either/or scenario for Trump....that's the problem.  He's doing both.

You're proving his point for him.

Obama before taking office approx 1.3 million, now 40 million net worth.

Trump now and then around the same at approx 3.5 billion.  

Percentage wize Obama enriched himself.  Trumps swings on investments eclipse Obama's entire net worth.  It's safe to say a billionaire isn't enriching himself by being president.
Why do you believe his net worth is $3.5 billion?

Moving on to the next talking point?  Yes hes bad at all types of things.  
I mean, you haven't proved much of anything about his ego, whereas he has a long trail of doing stuff to increase his bank account, whether or not he needed to, like the Doral thing.

Trump clains he is willing to read the transcript in a fireside chat to the nation..

If he does, think he will start by reading this at the very beginning of the transcript?

The memo includes a “caution” note saying it “is not a verbatim transcript.”🤣

I had a cousin who lived in Grenada for a few years.  She was shocked at my knowledge of Caribbean geography.  She just assumed it came with my history degree. I didn’t want to tell her it was from playing Sid Meyer’s “Pirates” for NES for countless hours.
I rely way too much on Axis & Allies for my geography chops.

Pardon the interruption while I give a shout out to National Geographic maps, circa the 1970's.  If ever God gifted the world.

Did nobody play Risk growing up!!?? Ukraine could be attacked from so many Asian areas. 
My R*I*S*K strategy: grab Australia and/or South America if they are gifted to you, but otherwise put all your marbles on North America. I spelled VIKtory with Venezuela, Iceland, and Kamchatka.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Zow
You don’t trust Forbes?  Where you getting your info that all the properties are double mortgaged?  
An issue for some folks (myself included) is that he has not been as transparent as other Presidents with respect to his taxes. We don't really know his liabilities and, no, I don't trust Forbes.

Gopher State said:
Interesting Dems  Van Drew NJ and Peterson MN both voted no on the inquiry.  I thought the Dems were 100 percent united on this.
MN Peterson isn't necessarily that suprising. His district is western and northwestern MN. It's pretty rural out there, and they love Trump.  He won 52% (to 47%) of the vote in 2018 and 2016 but has historically won by much bigger margins, so he may be feeling some pressure not to be too far out there on Trump at this time. 

Right and the figure we would land on isn't even pocket change for Trump, it's couch cushion wouldn't ever even feel it money.

I understand the ethics, but that wasn't the talking point of he's doing it to enrich himself.  That talking point is demonstrably false.
If I improperly and purposefully enrich myself by taking $20 I don't rightfully and lawfully deserve it makes me a scumbag regardless of the balance in my bank account.

Cool. You got any better info than Forbes? It’s not the “enriching” talking point tho is it?  Let’s go with dishonest, unethical, illegal or something that makes sense to someone with an ounce of sense. Dems always screw that up. 
The point is that, no, I don't have better info than Forbes aside from what little the President has given us. And for the record, I am a lifelong conservative. I didn't say or imply anything about dishonesty or illegality. My point is that I expect much more transparency from my leaders. Loading up two tables worth of what looked like blank papers shortly after inauguration and claiming that everything is above board doesn't quite fit the bill.

And that’s a good point, I guess. 

My point was that him doing these things to “enrich” himself is silly and demonstrably false. Then it turned into people dying on that hill.  That’s entertainment. 
This is where we disagree. I think a majority of what he does is to enrich himself. I have zero beef with doing that as a businessman, obviously, but as a President (if he is indeed enriching himself from the office), it is wrong. We do not have good data so it cannot be demonstrably false or demonstrably true. Again, I am beating this dead horse, but without better transparency, we cannot know either way. I tend to believe, partially due to his obfuscation, that he is enriching himself by being in the office of the President. If he wasn't, he would not just tell us but he would provide the evidence as well.

Users who are viewing this thread