What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

Yes, that's pretty much what I meant by saying "if you get a player you like over market value" you won the trade today. Today being the key.

Gotcha. I think I missed what you were saying. There's a theory that holds that you want to win present value only because trying to beat the current market constantly is a fool's errand. That's where I disagree, though somebody writing theoretically and with data about that might disagree with me, which is fair because I'm only going off of experience.

I just think there is a difference between a good trade that ends up bad and a bad trade. Some may not see it any differently.

Again, agreed. There's definitely a difference. I don't kick myself so much for missing out on Jefferson when I had the chance to take a receiver that year, because I was going by who I thought would wind up being the best of the bunch. But as long as my process was good (it wasn't, but it never is perfect), then I wasn't too broken up about it.

One thing is that in your subsequent post, you're using an aggregate of trades there and implying that you lost in the end (perhaps it was just a thought exercise--I thought it might be that). I'd humbly suggest that trades can't really be looked at too far from the date they're done and that subsequent or intervening trades leave you with a less-than-perfect valuation trail. Like, the firsts for Julio and Bell are slam dunks. Then I'd sort of stop worrying about what that led to unless your intent all along was to flip those firsts for the top pick.

Your intent at the time matters, IMO. You slam dunked that trade and nothing should really detract from that.

FFPC, 1QB

Gave; Pollard, Mike Thomas, Christian Watson
Got; Deebo, 1.12, 2024 1st

(hoping early - last year this owner picked 1.01, which in FFPC doesn’t mean a lot for this year - I’ll call it a mid)

This is an orphan and I don’t really have a plan. Right now I’m just making trades

FFPC, 1QB

(hoping early - last year this owner picked 1.01, which in FFPC doesn’t mean a lot for this year - I’ll call it a mid)

This is an orphan and I don’t really have a plan. Right now I’m just making trades
Free 1.12 I’d say. Unless Thomas becomes serviceable then it’s a fair trade.

12 team SF, all TD's 6 points, PPR, except TE 2PPR, start 2-6 RB, 2-6WR, 1-5 TE Start 10 total

A couple of trades made recently

Team A received Terrace Marshall
Team B received pick 4.3

Team A received Derek Carr and Justin Jefferson
Team B received Justin Herbert, pick 2.2 and 2024 2nd (team finished 2nd to last this year)

Team A received Chris Olave, Chase Claypool, pick 4.4 and 2024 4th
Team B received Mike White, Pat Freiermuth, pick 1.11, and pick 3.3

Last edited:
12 team SF, all TD's 6 points, PPR, except TE 2PPR, start 2-6 RB, 2-6WR, 1-5 TE

Team B received pick 4.3
I’d easily pay that for Marshall.
Team B received Justin Herbert, pick 2.2 and 2024 2nd (team finished 2nd to last this year)
God that’s hard. I love JJ just so much.
Depends on my roster. I could go either way honestly.
Sorry, how many players max are in the starting lineup?

14 team IDP start 7 off, 1 pk, 6 Def. 1 ppr, I have a pretty stacked team and the 1.12,1.13, 2.03 and have been trying to package and trade up, trade for established player or move for future 1st rounders with no success. Can't say as I blame them the 1.12, 1.13 aren't looking too sexy and I am not sure if I will have the roster space for them.

Team B is a perennial bottom feeder, and has turned down all my offers for his next year 1st rounder. Then he throws this out for his 25' 1st.

I get 25' 1st rounder(early), 23' 5.13, 24' 5th
I gave 23' 1.12, Elijah Moore

Monster deal in FFPC, 1QB
Not involved

Team A gave; JaMar Chase
Team B gave; Tyreek Hill, 1.06, 2024 1st (mid if I had to guess)

12 team SF, all TD's 6 points, PPR, except TE 2PPR, start 2-6 RB, 2-6WR, 1-5 TE Start 10 total

Team B received pick 4.3

I was pretty big on Marshall coming out but rookie faceplanters have a terrible track record. Yes he kind of showed a pulse his sophomore year but give me the pick. I don't mind it though.

Herbert is definitely a top QB IMO in SuperFlex but honestly I think this is a slam for Jefferson.

Olave in the third one.

Another note on this one - I'm doing a TriFlex startup (similar to SF - two QBs can be started) right now and Jefferson and Herbert went 1.06/1.07 respectively so this is almost like 2.2 and a 2nd for Carr, which is probably fair. But IMO Jefferson is the one that gives you a positional advantage. Herbert does the same but I don't think it's as significant.

Carr recently came off at 7.08 as QB23

Another note on this one - I'm doing a TriFlex startup (similar to SF - two QBs can be started) right now and Jefferson and Herbert went 1.06/1.07 respectively so this is almost like 2.2 and a 2nd for Carr, which is probably fair. But IMO Jefferson is the one that gives you a positional advantage. Herbert does the same but I don't think it's as significant.

Carr recently came off at 7.08 as QB23
I prefer the JJ side as well, and if the team getting JJ has another good QB (better than Carr) on the roster, it’s a smash accept to get JJ.

FFPC, 1QB

This is an interesting trade as MT is what will decide it. That and where that 24 1st ends up. I like the Deebo side as long as that 1st is in the top half. I'm not as high on Watson as many others though either.

Team B received pick 4.3
This is a good buy low on Marshall and well worth it. However, with the new additions there and if they draft another WR this year, Marshall could be a total dud too so not without risk.
Most people probably take Sherbert here and I like him a lot but JJ is just too good to pass up. Roster probably matters a ton on this one but I take Carr/JJ on face value without more info. Close though.
I know this is TE prem and I don't play in any of those leagues but I basically see this as Patty F and 1.11 for Olave and even in TE prem/SF which gives you more talent in the 1st, I think I'm going with Olave here. Closer than it looks due to league settings but still think that is the side I'd feel way more comfortable with.

12 team IDP PPR TE 1.5

Gave 1.07 and 1.12
Got 1.02
Seems low for the 1.02. Superflex or no? Well done, either way.
This seems almost criminally low for 1.02 I think. I don't play IDP though.
Irrelevant to this particular deal.
I would think it would make the 1.12 pick more relevant depending on scoring settings. I still think it is really low for 1.02 but feels like settings could make it closer than it feels but I don't play in those leagues so couldn't say.

I would think it would make the 1.12 pick more relevant depending on scoring settings. I still think it is really low for 1.02 but feels like settings could make it closer than it feels but I don't play in those leagues so couldn't say.
Yes, it could have, but this was asked/answered earlier in the topic. It's not "performance scoring" so the 1st round will very likely resemble any other league (SF or 1 QB depending, of course)

Yes, it could have, but this was asked/answered earlier in the topic. It's not "performance scoring" so the 1st round will very likely resemble any other league (SF or 1 QB depending, of course)
Cool. I don't get on the computer on the weekends and just had 3 days off so I replied before I had read all of the replies. Surprised someone would take that for 1.02.

Cool. I don't get on the computer on the weekends and just had 3 days off so I replied before I had read all of the replies. Surprised someone would take that for 1.02.
It’s a shockingly bad deal for the team moving 1.02

Gave: 1.10, 2.01
Got: 1.05

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
Oh I don’t know. Unless you’re a believer in AR or Levis in SF, the talent at 10 and 13 is just as good most likely. Robinson, Stroud, Young, JSN are gone. Given how risky both of those QBs are I’d rather have 2 shots at a player.
Gibbs at 5 is a pretty strong pick, especially if they are looking for an early contributor at RB.

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
Oh I don’t know. Unless you’re a believer in AR or Levis in SF, the talent at 10 and 13 is just as good most likely. Robinson, Stroud, Young, JSN are gone. Given how risky both of those QBs are I’d rather have 2 shots at a player.
Gibbs at 5 is a pretty strong pick, especially if they are looking for an early contributor at RB.
In SF I can see AR being too irresistible to pass up. Gibbs comes with his own warts. Still would rather have two dart throws at 10 and 13.

I had a guy at work today who is in my league ask me why I traded up for the 1.02 and thought I made a bad trade, Honestly I couldn't tell you if I made a good trade or not only time will tell on that one. Always depends on the players.

I had a guy at work today who is in my league ask me why I traded up for the 1.02 and thought I made a bad trade, Honestly I couldn't tell you if I made a good trade or not only time will tell on that one. Always depends on the players.
IMO you dealt 2x tier 3-4 players for a tier 1-2 player.

At the very least this is a fair, downright reasonable price to move up, asset-wise.

We can judge it as such on paper right now.

Hindsight may well show you could have had a better return holding the picks - but as has been recently discussed by @barackdhouse, @menobrown & others in the value topic, you can only truly assess value in “today” terms.

IMO you paid a pretty minimal price to move to the 1.02

And looking at other trades seems to heavily support this.

I have 1.02 in my rebuild and I wouldn’t sell for that price, for at least 1 example.

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
In SF I can see AR being too irresistible to pass up. Gibbs comes with his own warts. Still would rather have two dart throws at 10 and 13.
I suppose we all tier players differently. My rankings have 10 and 13 significantly lower than 5. Maybe you luck into a charbonnet and one of the premium TEs, maybe a Zay Flowers? They are all exactly dart throws depending on landing spot. Then again, if they land in a great situation they will be drafted higher than 10 and 13

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
I suppose we all tier players differently. My rankings have 10 and 13 significantly lower than 5. Maybe you luck into a charbonnet and one of the premium TEs, maybe a Zay Flowers? They are all exactly dart throws depending on landing spot. Then again, if they land in a great situation they will be drafted higher than 10 and 13
Charbs is my target at 1.08 but it depends on the WRs that fall in my SF draft. But we’re likely closer than you think.

I’m just seeing it as (SF)
Tier 1: Bijan
Tier 2: Stroud
Tier 3: Young, JSN, Gibbs
Tier 4: ARich, QJ, Addison, Charbs

A lot of this is fluid depending on landing spot/draft capital, and I have no doubt all of our tiers will be slightly different. Some folks will have Stroud & Young in the same tier, some will have ARich ahead of them both.

But as a general baseline, those are my top 9 players, so pick 1.10 is a lower tier in SF (in my rankings at least) so I’m calling that tier 5.

ETA: I also have picks 1.10 through about 2.04 as roughly the same tier, and 2.05 through about 3.01 as the same tier. Also subject to wild swings as we see where and to whom they’re drafted.

Last edited:

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
Charbs is my target at 1.08 but it depends on the WRs that fall in my SF draft. But we’re likely closer than you think.

A lot of this is fluid depending on landing spot/draft capital, and I have no doubt all of our tiers will be slightly different. Some folks will have Stroud & Young in the same tier, some will have ARich ahead of them both.

But as a general baseline, those are my top 9 players, so pick 1.10 is a lower tier in SF (in my rankings at least) so I’m calling that tier 5.

ETA: I also have picks 1.10 through about 2.04 as roughly the same tier, and 2.05 through about 3.01 as the same tier. Also subject to wild swings as we see where and to whom they’re drafted.
For what it’s worth, I blew up my team last year and have a ton of picks, so was looking to consolidate. I now have 1.01, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06, 2.04, 2.09, 2.11. I’ll likely try and turn some of those 2nds into another late first.

12 team SF
Bargain move up.

For what it’s worth, I blew up my team last year and have a ton of picks, so was looking to consolidate. I now have 1.01, 1.04, 1.05, 1.06, 2.04, 2.09, 2.11. I’ll likely try and turn some of those 2nds into another late first.
I did that over the last two years in my rebuilding 12 team league. At one point I had seven of the first 13 pics.

I consolidated as well, but by moving pick 1.04, pick 1.10, and pick 2.01 for Justin Fields + Rashad Bateman collectively.

I don’t mind drafting rookies, but it felt safer to deal some of the picks for players. Less chance to bust, and potentially significantly higher return.

I’ve still got 1, 2, 3, & 8 in the 1st, along with 3.01, a couple 4ths and like 4x 5ths.

But yeah -I’m in the same boat. In your context, I love the trade up even more. But just a suggestion that you might see what players you can get for some of the later 1sts.

12 team SF
Bargain move up.

I did that over the last two years in my rebuilding 12 team league. At one point I had seven of the first 13 pics.

I consolidated as well, but by moving pick 1.04, pick 1.10, and pick 2.01 for Justin Fields + Rashad Bateman collectively.

I don’t mind drafting rookies, but it felt safer to deal some of the picks for players. Less chance to bust, and potentially significantly higher return.

I’ve still got 1, 2, 3, & 8 in the 1st, along with 3.01, a couple 4ths and like 4x 5ths.

But yeah -I’m in the same boat. In your context, I love the trade up even more. But just a suggestion that you might see what players you can get for some of the later 1sts.
That’s the plan, and I’ve been trying. This accept came out of nowhere after the offer had been out for a month haha. This league goes into hibernation mode- hoping once people check in they’ll want a taste of the rookie action and I can capitalize.

12 team SF
For 2023 I would take the 1.10 & 2.01. Predraft there is a big drop from 1.04 to 1.05. One of Bijan and the top three QBs will be there for 1.04. At 1.05 you are going for a lessor talent in a good situation.
Bijan, Stroud, Gibbs, JSN, ________

Young, ARich, QJ, Addison

I still like the 1.05 compared what I’m getting at 10 & 2.01

(Sorry, I assumed SF based on your response. Not sure if that’s the case)

12 team SF

1.5 easily in SF...you are now guaranteed Robinson, one of the 4 QBs or Gibbs (or JSN if you are high on him)...there will be good players at 1.10 and 2.1 but any time you can add a young QB that will eventually start you have an asset that will either enhance your roster or be a big time trade chip...real nice trade for you.

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
I don’t play SF, and I’m not a believer, but I’d be all in on AR at the 1.05. High ceiling low floor prospect at the premium position. I’d consider Gibbs as well, depending on roster. But then, I’m not excited about any WR besides JSN.

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
I don’t play SF, and I’m not a believer, but I’d be all in on AR at the 1.05. High ceiling low floor prospect at the premium position. I’d consider Gibbs as well, depending on roster. But then, I’m not excited about any WR besides JSN.
I dealt the 1.04 away in SF, and I’m likely taking Bijan, Stroud, JSN 1-2-3.

I’m fascinated to see who goes 1.04

Users who are viewing this thread