What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official ** Eagles 2008 Thread (1 Viewer)

westbrook36 said:
Did anyone hear Eskin's Q & A with McNabb today? I rarely listen to 610, because I have Sirius, but I did intend to listen for this, but wasn't in my car. Anyone have a report?
McNabb "in studio" with Howard Eskin>>
I just listened to this. Not that I expected much, but McNabb is an expert at talking and not saying anything. Can't say I blame him, but I'm jonesing for anything right about now.

JaxBill said:
Ouch.

Welker expressed disappointment that the Patriots weren't able to re-sign Asante Samuel, an All-Pro and Pro Bowl selection last season who won two Super Bowls with New England. Samuel instead signed a six-year, $57 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Asante's a great player, so it hurts not to have a guy like that. But then again, it's part of the business of the game," Welker said. "He chose money over championships, and that's the way it goes sometimes."
Didn't win a championship last did you Welker?

JaxBill said:
Ouch.

Welker expressed disappointment that the Patriots weren't able to re-sign Asante Samuel, an All-Pro and Pro Bowl selection last season who won two Super Bowls with New England. Samuel instead signed a six-year, $57 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles.

"Asante's a great player, so it hurts not to have a guy like that. But then again, it's part of the business of the game," Welker said. "He chose money over championships, and that's the way it goes sometimes."
Didn't win a championship last did you Welker?
I heard this on Sports Rise this morning with Ron Burke. He ended the segment with "by the way, Samuels has won 2 Super Bowls, Welker zero".

All those ####### pats players still think a Super Bowl is going to land in their lap just because of Belicheat, Brady, and Moss. Still have to play the game. Welker is a great reciever but what an ###.

So are we going to sign Jackson and Laws before Monday or what??? :coffee:
Yep we are.
No idea what former player I heard this from the other day, but it makes a lot of sense.Teams are smart not to sign a player until just before TC. The first thing a player does when he signs is grab the $$$$ and go buy new wheels, cruising around with his buddies.The former player (FSR guy I think, might follow Czaban's show) said that when he signed, his guys all piled into the new wheels and drove from LA to SD just for fun, stopping by fast food places and ordering everything off the menu just because they could.Basically waiting until the last moment minimizes the players' ability to act like a rich kid with too much $$$ and time and is a license to get into trouble.

So are we going to sign Jackson and Laws before Monday or what??? :shrug:
Yep we are.
No idea what former player I heard this from the other day, but it makes a lot of sense.Teams are smart not to sign a player until just before TC. The first thing a player does when he signs is grab the $$$$ and go buy new wheels, cruising around with his buddies.The former player (FSR guy I think, might follow Czaban's show) said that when he signed, his guys all piled into the new wheels and drove from LA to SD just for fun, stopping by fast food places and ordering everything off the menu just because they could.Basically waiting until the last moment minimizes the players' ability to act like a rich kid with too much $$$ and time and is a license to get into trouble.
That idea never even crossed my mind, but it sure does make sense. Kind of funny too.

Anybody got any thoughts on Cleveland looking to trade for a CB (Lito). DH? Would the Eagles still be looking at a 2nd round pick in return? I still can't see Lito being here this season.

Vic Ketchman on the Jags website made reference to the waiting game:

Dave from Springfield, MAHow close are the Jags to signing Harvey and Groves? Is signing as quickly as possible the best situation for the player and team?Vic: Ask yourself this: Is it good to put a lot of money into the hands of a young man who has nothing to do for the next few weeks but spend that money? Is there any chance that it would be for his own good that he remain a poor college kid for at least another couple of weeks?

So are we going to sign Jackson and Laws before Monday or what??? :goodposting:
Yep we are.
That's a very good point, and the way DeSean Jackson has presented himself so far, it hasn't been horrible, but he just seems to have that type of mentallity. Signing him right before he has to report won't give him anytime to run out and do something stupid.

Re: the signings

Draft day signings delayed

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 | Print Entry

The push by teams to get all of their draft choices signed on time may get a little bit of a delay. The NFLPA informed agents for the remaining unsigned draft choices to negotiate cautiously while the union tries to resolve a dispute affecting first- and second-round choices.

On Tuesday, the NFLPA filed a brief seeking a decision of a Special Master. Without getting too complicated, the dispute revolves around the interpretation guaranteed one-time bonuses and the way those guarantees are interpreted within the rookie pool.

Under the rookie pool, base salaries can only increase 25 percent per year, but agents found a loophole in which a draft choice can receive a one-time bonus and guarantee it in the final year of the contract. This particularly affects second-round choices because they sign four-year deals. The problem in this summer's negotiations is that there is no collective bargaining agreement in 2011 so the fourth year of the contract can't be involved in any kind of guarantees.

While it is possible to use the second year as a guarantee, agents don't consider that an option because few teams cut a first- or a second-rounder before that. The NFLPA and the Management Council will present their interpretations and await a decision by the Special Master next week.

The problem? Teams such as the Redskins report July 20, leaving little time to negotiate deals for top picks. The Redskins, for example, have three second-rounders who will be affected by the eventual ruling, and if the agents for those players wait for a ruling, the team will be scrambling to get deals done.

To date, three first-rounders and one second-rounder have signed contracts.
Link

Last edited by a moderator:
So are we going to sign Jackson and Laws before Monday or what??? :goodposting:
Yep we are.
On the surface I totally get this. But for the big money free agents (which is really where the financial risk comes in), they have access to capital well before they sign their official contracts. Their agents and managers provide them an easy conduit to borrow against their future income in order to lure them as clients and, as a result, these guys are spending their loot long before the ink is dry.

uh-oh...Lito has signed on with Drew Rosenhaus

I used to think i hated all agents equally, but drew has taken them to new lows in the past few years
personally I am glad Lito hired Rosenhaus. I now think there is a better chance the Eagles will deal him in the next month. Hopefully for a WR.
All things considered, I would rather have the current WR group if Lito is the 3rd CB. The time for a WR trade was before/during the draft.

zadok said:
bighandsray said:
BuddyKnuckles said:

I used to think i hated all agents equally, but drew has taken them to new lows in the past few years
personally I am glad Lito hired Rosenhaus. I now think there is a better chance the Eagles will deal him in the next month. Hopefully for a WR.
All things considered, I would rather have the current WR group if Lito is the 3rd CB. The time for a WR trade was before/during the draft.
Why's that? I don't want them to deal him for peanuts but there's still a chance of a surprise before the season ala Donte Stallworth. I don't see why the trade had to be before the draft.

zadok said:
bighandsray said:
BuddyKnuckles said:

Why's that? I don't want them to deal him for peanuts but there's still a chance of a surprise before the season ala Donte Stallworth. I don't see why the trade had to be before the draft.
Because Lito as your 3rd CB + DeSean Jackson is much better overall than (insert WR here) + Joselio Hanson. If Lito was dealt prior to the draft for a WR, you could at least then use your 1st or 2nd rounder on a CB (Jenkins, Talib and Cason were all there at #19 for example).

zadok said:
bighandsray said:
BuddyKnuckles said:

Because Lito as your 3rd CB + DeSean Jackson is much better overall than (insert WR here) + Joselio Hanson. If Lito was dealt prior to the draft for a WR, you could at least then use your 1st or 2nd rounder on a CB (Jenkins, Talib and Cason were all there at #19 for example).
I know we all hate Rosenhaus based on what happened in Lehigh and beyond three years ago but honestly if your a pro bowl caliber player and unhappy with your situation you'd be crazy not to have him represent you. Is TO in a better situtation finacially now than he would have been in Philly - yes. Sheppard clearly isn't happy with his situation, nor should he be - I don't blame him for going this route. Lito is a class guy he's not going to do anything ridicolous - he just wants to be with a team that is paying him much better. I dont understand why the player gets killed when these teams will cut you the second you carry a fianancial burden to them.As far as everyone second guessing the Lito runup, what's done is done - they didnt like the offers, and whos to say Aqib Talib or any otehr 1st rd corner is going to make it in this league?

Maybe now that Rosehaus is representing Lito he can help to engineer a trade for Anquan Boldin. Since he represents both of these guys he could collect on both of their new contracts. This is a bit dated, but here he is commenting on Boldin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5jZt1FoVh0

With the exception of maybe Boldin, I can't think of any WR that might realistically be available that would be worth trading Lito at this point.

zadok said:
bighandsray said:
BuddyKnuckles said:

I know we all hate Rosenhaus based on what happened in Lehigh and beyond three years ago but honestly if your a pro bowl caliber player and unhappy with your situation you'd be crazy not to have him represent you. Is TO in a better situtation finacially now than he would have been in Philly - yes. Sheppard clearly isn't happy with his situation, nor should he be - I don't blame him for going this route. Lito is a class guy he's not going to do anything ridicolous - he just wants to be with a team that is paying him much better. I dont understand why the player gets killed when these teams will cut you the second you carry a fianancial burden to them.As far as everyone second guessing the Lito runup, what's done is done - they didnt like the offers, and whos to say Aqib Talib or any otehr 1st rd corner is going to make it in this league?
I have no problem with Lito. In fact, i wish the Eagles Execs would rethink their "no redo" clause for player contracts. Give Lito some guaranteed money, make him happy, and put out the best Def Backfield in the league week 1. Call me crazy, or just a kool aid drinker, but i think the Westy, DJ, Booker combo could be lethal this year. Who needs a true #1 WR if you have 3 incredible athletes at RB.BUT, i do have a major problem with drew. What he did 3 years ago was unforgivable. If i were the Eagles i would turn to Lito and say "sure, we'll give you a new contract, but first you have to dump drew". Of course that will never happen b/c of the volume of players now with drew, but i would still love to hear it

Where does it say that?
You're right. My bad. He hired Sheppard's OLD agent, not his new one. Sure doesn't seem really happy with his contract status though.
It will be interesting if they redo his deal. Eagle's management is pretty tough, but he might be the one guy they make an exception with.

zadok said:
bighandsray said:
BuddyKnuckles said:

I have no problem with Lito. In fact, i wish the Eagles Execs would rethink their "no redo" clause for player contracts. Give Lito some guaranteed money, make him happy, and put out the best Def Backfield in the league week 1. Call me crazy, or just a kool aid drinker, but i think the Westy, DJ, Booker combo could be lethal this year. Who needs a true #1 WR if you have 3 incredible athletes at RB.BUT, i do have a major problem with drew. What he did 3 years ago was unforgivable. If i were the Eagles i would turn to Lito and say "sure, we'll give you a new contract, but first you have to dump drew". Of course that will never happen b/c of the volume of players now with drew, but i would still love to hear it
Unforgiveable for you as an Eagles fan, but Drew Rosenhaus did the job he was paid to do. He took a player that had pracitcally no case for more money going into the second year of a contract and who later proved to be a cancer, and put him in a position to flourish both statistaically and financially in Dallas. I don't understand how you can blame a player for singing up with Drew Rosenhaus, the guy is an incredible agent. An ahole yes, but an incredible agent. No brainer for Lito - since he has every right to feel slighed. The discrepancy in what Samuel makes to Lito is embarassing As far as Westbrook, I understand the front office cant perceive to cave in, but they better get somethign worked out, becasue without #36 you can forget about it with this offense. The Eagles really arent cheap as much as they stick to the philosphy for signing long term early on in a plyers developemt.

Things seem to be slowing down in the thread the last couple weeks so I'll throw this in:

My wife and I split season tickets with her sister.

Each year we have a ticket draft where we go back and forth to select the games.

This year they had the first pick and took the Giants game.

Here's the full home schedule, how would you rank the games and which would you want most?

Its an interesting schedule this year with the later games all mostly night / primetime games.

(I'll save my personal thoughts until later and will update with the picks if there's interest)

Date - Opponent - Time

Thu, Aug 14 - Carolina - 8:00 PM (Preseason)

Thu, Aug 28 - NY Jets - 6:30 PM (Preseason)

Sun, Sept 7 - St. Louis - 1:00 PM

Sun, Sept 21 - Pittsburgh - 4:15 PM

Sun, Oct 5 - Washington - 1:00 PM

Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM

Sun, Nov 9 - NY Giants - 8:15 PM (Sunday Night)

Thu, Nov 27 - Arizona - 8:00 PM (Thanksgiving)

Mon, Dec 15 - Cleveland - 8:30 PM (Monday Night)

Sun, Dec 28 - Dallas - 1:00 PM

Date - Opponent - Time
I'll play:1. Sun, Dec 28 - Dallas - 1:00 PM - Could very well be for a playoff spot. Even if not, always get excited for a Dallas game. I'm excited to see our secondary match up to their receivers. Can TO be shut down again? 2. Sun, Nov 9 - NY Giants - 8:15 PM (Sunday Night) - Chance to spank the defending SB champs at home. Hopefully Justice will not even sniff the field for this game.3. Sun, Oct 5 - Washington - 1:00 PM - For me Wash is the least hated of the NFC East teams but it will still be very satisfying to beat them at home4. Mon, Dec 15 - Cleveland - 8:30 PM (Monday Night) - I went to the game last time in Cleveland and it was a heck of a game. Cleveland should be tough to beat this year and I'm expecting an exciting finish again. Besides, its Monday night.5. Sun, Sept 21 - Pittsburgh - 4:15 PM - Second matchup of the year and should be a tough one. I'll be interested to see what our D-line can do to their much maligned O-line.6. Sun, Sept 7 - St. Louis - 1:00 PM - If the Rams O can regain some of the form of '06, then this should be a good test of the secondary. Also, we'll see how the new group of LBs do against the likes of Stephen Jackson.7. Thu, Nov 27 - Arizona - 8:00 PM (Thanksgiving) - I'd rather not go to a football game on Thanksgiving but it'll be fun to watch at home at least. Boldin/Fitz vs. Samuel/Lito/Brown.8. Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM - Meh.9. Thu, Aug 14 - Carolina - 8:00 PM (Preseason) - Just preseason but would be nice to crush them to start their 0-16 season and #1 draft pick for us... :-)10. Thu, Aug 28 - NY Jets - 6:30 PM (Preseason) - Meh again. At least get to watch some of the young guys play.

Date - Opponent - Time
I'll play:1. Sun, Dec 28 - Dallas - 1:00 PM - Could very well be for a playoff spot. Even if not, always get excited for a Dallas game. I'm excited to see our secondary match up to their receivers. Can TO be shut down again? 2. Sun, Nov 9 - NY Giants - 8:15 PM (Sunday Night) - Chance to spank the defending SB champs at home. Hopefully Justice will not even sniff the field for this game.3. Sun, Oct 5 - Washington - 1:00 PM - For me Wash is the least hated of the NFC East teams but it will still be very satisfying to beat them at home4. Mon, Dec 15 - Cleveland - 8:30 PM (Monday Night) - I went to the game last time in Cleveland and it was a heck of a game. Cleveland should be tough to beat this year and I'm expecting an exciting finish again. Besides, its Monday night.5. Sun, Sept 21 - Pittsburgh - 4:15 PM - Second matchup of the year and should be a tough one. I'll be interested to see what our D-line can do to their much maligned O-line.6. Sun, Sept 7 - St. Louis - 1:00 PM - If the Rams O can regain some of the form of '06, then this should be a good test of the secondary. Also, we'll see how the new group of LBs do against the likes of Stephen Jackson.7. Thu, Nov 27 - Arizona - 8:00 PM (Thanksgiving) - I'd rather not go to a football game on Thanksgiving but it'll be fun to watch at home at least. Boldin/Fitz vs. Samuel/Lito/Brown.8. Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM - Meh.9. Thu, Aug 14 - Carolina - 8:00 PM (Preseason) - Just preseason but would be nice to crush them to start their 0-16 season and #1 draft pick for us... :-)10. Thu, Aug 28 - NY Jets - 6:30 PM (Preseason) - Meh again. At least get to watch some of the young guys play.
I like this but I would have to bump a Sept game into the top 4, probably the opener. I would not want to wait til Oct. 5 to see my first game.

Things seem to be slowing down in the thread the last couple weeks so I'll throw this in:

My wife and I split season tickets with her sister.

Each year we have a ticket draft where we go back and forth to select the games.

This year they had the first pick and took the Giants game.

Here's the full home schedule, how would you rank the games and which would you want most?

Its an interesting schedule this year with the later games all mostly night / primetime games.

(I'll save my personal thoughts until later and will update with the picks if there's interest)

Date - Opponent - Time

Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM
I'll take a shot here.First choice - Dallas 12/28. Obvious call.

2nd - SNF - Giants

3rd - Cleveland - MNF - Dare I say a possible preview?

4th - Pitt

5th - Wash

6th - Arizona (Thanksgiving)

7th - STL

8th - Atl :lmao: :lmao:

9th - Preseason - Carolina (only to see them)

10th - Preseason - NYJ - whatever

1. Sun, Dec 28 - Dallas - 1:00 PM 2. Sun, Nov 9 - NY Giants - 8:15 PM (Sunday Night)3. Sun, Sept 21 - Pittsburgh - 4:15 PM4. Sun, Oct 5 - Washington - 1:00 PM5. Mon, Dec 15 - Cleveland - 8:30 PM (Monday Night)6. Sun, Sept 7 - St. Louis - 1:00 PM7. Thu, Nov 27 - Arizona - 8:00 PM (Thanksgiving)8. Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM (but hey, it's right after the bye and ATL sucks, so you know we'll win)9. Thu, Aug 28 - NY Jets - 6:30 PM (Preseason)10. Thu, Aug 14 - Carolina - 8:00 PM (Preseason)

Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM :cool:

Sun, Dec 28 - Dallas - 1:00 PMSun, Nov 9 - NY Giants - 8:15 PM (Sunday Night)Sun, Sept 21 - Pittsburgh - 4:15 PMSun, Oct 5 - Washington - 1:00 PMMon, Dec 15 - Cleveland - 8:30 PM (Monday Night)Thu, Nov 27 - Arizona - 8:00 PM (Thanksgiving)Sun, Sept 7 - St. Louis - 1:00 PMThu, Aug 14 - Carolina - 8:00 PM (Preseason)Thu, Aug 28 - NY Jets - 6:30 PM (Preseason)Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM :o
Wow - 2 preseason games over ATL....

Date - Opponent - Time
I'll play:1. Sun, Dec 28 - Dallas - 1:00 PM - Could very well be for a playoff spot. Even if not, always get excited for a Dallas game. I'm excited to see our secondary match up to their receivers. Can TO be shut down again?

2. Sun, Nov 9 - NY Giants - 8:15 PM (Sunday Night) - Chance to spank the defending SB champs at home. Hopefully Justice will not even sniff the field for this game.

3. Sun, Oct 5 - Washington - 1:00 PM - For me Wash is the least hated of the NFC East teams but it will still be very satisfying to beat them at home

4. Mon, Dec 15 - Cleveland - 8:30 PM (Monday Night) - I went to the game last time in Cleveland and it was a heck of a game. Cleveland should be tough to beat this year and I'm expecting an exciting finish again. Besides, its Monday night.

5. Sun, Sept 21 - Pittsburgh - 4:15 PM - Second matchup of the year and should be a tough one. I'll be interested to see what our D-line can do to their much maligned O-line.

6. Sun, Sept 7 - St. Louis - 1:00 PM - If the Rams O can regain some of the form of '06, then this should be a good test of the secondary. Also, we'll see how the new group of LBs do against the likes of Stephen Jackson.

7. Thu, Nov 27 - Arizona - 8:00 PM (Thanksgiving) - I'd rather not go to a football game on Thanksgiving but it'll be fun to watch at home at least. Boldin/Fitz vs. Samuel/Lito/Brown.

8. Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM - Meh.

9. Thu, Aug 14 - Carolina - 8:00 PM (Preseason) - Just preseason but would be nice to crush them to start their 0-16 season and #1 draft pick for us... :-)

10. Thu, Aug 28 - NY Jets - 6:30 PM (Preseason) - Meh again. At least get to watch some of the young guys play.
:football:

Sun, Dec 28 - Dallas - 1:00 PMSun, Nov 9 - NY Giants - 8:15 PM (Sunday Night)Sun, Sept 21 - Pittsburgh - 4:15 PMSun, Oct 5 - Washington - 1:00 PMMon, Dec 15 - Cleveland - 8:30 PM (Monday Night)Thu, Nov 27 - Arizona - 8:00 PM (Thanksgiving)Sun, Sept 7 - St. Louis - 1:00 PMThu, Aug 14 - Carolina - 8:00 PM (Preseason)Thu, Aug 28 - NY Jets - 6:30 PM (Preseason)Sun, Oct 26 - Atlanta - 1:00 PM :bowtie:
Wow - 2 preseason games over ATL....
:doh: I thought I might enjoy sitting at home watching all the games more than watching them crush ATL in person.

At least the Eagles play the Falcons when the weather could be nice.

I'm going to Falcons vs Jags PRESEASON Week 1. Weather should be 89 with 98 percent humidity.

I see its pretty unanimous for the Dallas game at #1. I'm actually torn between PIT and DAL right now. I've been going a few years and as much as I like the NFC East battles I like to go see teams that we don't normally get to see too.

On a strategical note, there's a chance that game might make it back to me for pick #4. (If you didn't notice, the Giant game went to them at #1 already) The last game of the year has been really unpopular in these drafts and I could see them going with the Monday Nighter instead. If not, then at least I get the Monday Nighter as a consolation prize.

Also looking down the line at how it will play out, I think if I don't take Pitt now we won't have our first game until October (and maybe late October).

Does it seem downright unamerican to pass up Eagles-Dallas for the rarely played instate rivalry?

What's wrong with Trevor Laws?

Eagles rookies Trevor Laws, Bryan Smith, and Jack Ikegwuono are beginning their NFL careers on the Physically Unable to Perform list.Laws, a second-round defensive tackle, and Smith, a third-round defensive end, are expected to miss only a couple days of practice.Cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu also is on the PUP list, and he’s expected eventually to land on injured reserve, due to a serious knee injury that he suffered in January.

Eagles rookies Trevor Laws, Bryan Smith, and Jack Ikegwuono are beginning their NFL careers on the Physically Unable to Perform list.Laws, a second-round defensive tackle, and Smith, a third-round defensive end, are expected to miss only a couple days of practice.Cornerback Jack Ikegwuonu also is on the PUP list, and he’s expected eventually to land on injured reserve, due to a serious knee injury that he suffered in January.
He has some kind of foot injury. Unsure about how long he'll be out.

He has some kind of foot injury. Unsure about how long he'll be out.
I wouldn't sweat this too much. First they said only a few days, but as the Eagles signed everyone they likely crossed over the 80 player line - which they can't. This move buys them a few days.

Westy is asking for $30mil over 3 years :thumbdown:

Swami says: I see a RB in the 1st rd of the 2009 draft for the Iggles.

This is either a poorly thought out negotiating ploy, or Westy is delusional. I'm sure teams will be lining up to hand over $30 mil to a 29 yr old RB with a LOOOOONG history of knee and ankle issues

Westy is asking for $30mil over 3 years :lmao:

This is either a poorly thought out negotiating ploy, or Westy is delusional. I'm sure teams will be lining up to hand over $30 mil to a 29 yr old RB with a LOOOOONG history of knee and ankle issues
I'm pretty sure it won't happen, but I have no problem with the Eagles paying him that amount. He most assuredly earned it. The Eagles O doesn't go very far without him......Booker or not. He will be in camp and a holdout is highly unlikely in my opinion. I say pay him. Pay him well. Maybe not what he is currently asking for, but at least more than they supposedly originally offerred. Westbrook is worth every penny to keep him in Eagles green for the remainder of his career.

Ruffrodys05 said:
BuddyKnuckles said:
Westy is asking for $30mil over 3 years :thumbdown:

I'm pretty sure it won't happen, but I have no problem with the Eagles paying him that amount. He most assuredly earned it. The Eagles O doesn't go very far without him......Booker or not. He will be in camp and a holdout is highly unlikely in my opinion. I say pay him. Pay him well. Maybe not what he is currently asking for, but at least more than they supposedly originally offerred. Westbrook is worth every penny to keep him in Eagles green for the remainder of his career.
I think if they should pay anyone its Lito. After giving Asante the keys the to the Linc, Lito is drastically underpaid. As for Westy, he just signed his new deal a couple years ago and i'm sure it had a nice chunk of guaranteed money in it. If anything, i'd say you put in some games played incentives to the contract. Other than that, sorry Westy, you shouldnt have signed a 5 year deal at age 27 if you didnt think it was your BIG payday. Everyone knows (most) RBs flame out after 30 and very few get paid big bucks around that magic #. Just look at the SA deal in Seattle. They paid him for past performance instead of future performance and see how that worked out?

Anyone see that rumor posted about Dallas trying to trade for Roy Willliams, offering Ellis and Anthony Henry? If Lions didnt go for Lito, why would they go for Anthony Henry. Although if this happens, I would puke.

Users who are viewing this thread