What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** FBG All things BATTLEFIELD Thread (2 Viewers)

i'm still trying to figure out my best combo for engy specilizations. The RDS sight is good, and the 4x can actually help on certain guns/maps.

Right now i'm playing with the AKS-74U using the increased accuracy spec. (which i just unlocked yesterday) Depending on the map or the way a particular match is going, i'll sacrafice the RDS for extra grenades. The ironsights on that weapon arent bad.

I may go back to the XM8 compact. Gotta give the AKS another night though.

Despite my early beliefs, the SCAR is useless. Its not bad, but the 2 guns above it are way better in every way other than the iron sights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving this game on the 360 so far. Such a different dynamic than COD. My god, teamwork actually WORKS in this game! Woo!

Probably gonna jump in for a few rounds for my lunch 90 minutes today. Try to get a few thousand more points under the belt.

ETA That is assuming that I can find a server that I can get into.

i'm still trying to figure out my best combo for engy specilizations. The RDS sight is good, and the 4x can actually help on certain guns/maps.Right now i'm playing with the AKS-74U using the increased accuracy spec. (which i just unlocked yesterday) Depending on the map or the way a particular match is going, i'll sacrafice the RDS for extra grenades. The ironsights on that weapon arent bad.I may go back to the XM8 compact. Gotta give the AKS another night though.Despite my early beliefs, the SCAR is useless. Its not bad, but the 2 guns above it are way better in every way other than the iron sights.
Which class has the SCAR and do you start with it or is it unlocked?

i'm still trying to figure out my best combo for engy specilizations. The RDS sight is good, and the 4x can actually help on certain guns/maps.Right now i'm playing with the AKS-74U using the increased accuracy spec. (which i just unlocked yesterday) Depending on the map or the way a particular match is going, i'll sacrafice the RDS for extra grenades. The ironsights on that weapon arent bad.I may go back to the XM8 compact. Gotta give the AKS another night though.Despite my early beliefs, the SCAR is useless. Its not bad, but the 2 guns above it are way better in every way other than the iron sights.
its the first Engy unlock. You dont start with it.

Okay, didn't think so.Question: When trying to blow up a tank using C4, what's the best way to do it? How far/close should you be?its the first Engy unlock. You dont start with it.

I havent used C4 at all so far. I'm pretty sure thats recon rather than engy. Havent played recon yet in the full version.

I have no idea how far you can toss the C-4, so i cant answer. For a while in Bf2, there was a way to launch the c-4 a freaking mile. Guys could take tanks out from 40 yards away by throwing it like a frisbie. It was sick.

Madshot > you were right, short bursts are so $$$

I finally started using it and I was picking snipers off, and pretty much dominating (at least by my standards)

Played 4-5 games and was consitently top 3.

Can't wait to get into this more, I will be on for about 1 hr or so 530-630 EST tonight, then I'm heading up north for the weekend.

Some people should try and be on so I can get some quality FBG games in.

I am visualizing a cool recon setup - get that M14 with the 4X scope, speed and the C4 and you would be pretty close to the spec ops from BF2. Seems like it would be a cool way to go with the ghillie.

I am visualizing a cool recon setup - get that M14 with the 4X scope, speed and the C4 and you would be pretty close to the spec ops from BF2. Seems like it would be a cool way to go with the ghillie.
thats my plan for recon. would be ;) on the jungle maps.

Just got my PS3 edition last night. I'm a complete noob at these FPS and got tore up. Nonetheless, it's all good fun on my 90" TV. I'm liking this game.

I just want to get experienced enough that I join the legion of dorks that can post stuff like: "I got to L67 with recon on GTB but my M29 stuck on 48 so I maxed out my T1 w CRB" or whatever other jibberish applies.

I'm out of town until next week so this will have to sit for awhile.

PSNID: mrcreamjeans

I ordered this for PS3 along with the FRAGnStein
What's your PSN? I just picked this up last night for PS3 and quite enjoyed it. Was running with Chuck Cecil and his crew and we basically spent 2 hours goofing around and trying to figure stuff out. I really like it so far...its like KZ2 but with much better controls/weapons, vehicles, and destructible scenery. A much deeper experience than MW2, IMO.
Crazy_3y3s_ - add me and put FBG in the body of the request and I'll know it is for BC2

I was completely underwhelmed after my first 5-10 matches of the multiplayer. Was actually thinking of returning it since my EB has a Gaming Guarantee listed on this game. But last night I was able to get into a match with a few friends and our squad was dominant! Our team won 7 straight games and our squad was the top squad in 5 of those matches. What a difference in how the game plays when you are working with a few guys to accomplish something.

If we were playing Conquest then we'd just pick one of the flags to defend and we really had no problems at all. The majority of the players still aren't using squads and defending against random individual attacks is just too easy.

Unlocking stuff is a must though. It seems the base equipment is so far off of what you become eventually that it isn't even the same game. As a medic the PKM isn't too bad of a gun, but it doesn't compare to the ones you unlock shortly afterwards. And you don't even start out with a medkit available to you so you are forced to spend the first level actually trying to be an assault class.

Once I got my medkit and defib though I rarely even look for the enemy. All my focus is on where my teammates are and who needs help. The fact that I finish every round with the highest score and the lowest kills is really satisfying.

Once I got my medkit and defib though I rarely even look for the enemy. All my focus is on where my teammates are and who needs help. The fact that I finish every round with the highest score and the lowest kills is really satisfying.
:thumbup: You can score an unbelievable amount of points as a medic without seriously engaging the enemy at all. In one session last night, I found myself in attic with an assault guy and a recon guy, one of whom was a squadmate. They were shooting into one of the enemy bases with heavy resistance. I just stayed out of the line of fire and kept reviving them and getting a ton of heal points with the medkit. I didn't kill anybody from there, but I was indirectly responsible for all sorts of bloodshed since I revived each of them at least 3-4 times.

Well halfway to rank 7 after a productive lunch hour. Got the M60 for the medic which seems to be about the end all gun. I do not see the appeal of the later guns all that much. After a few more thousand, it might be time to try a new class.

I may or may not be on tonight. Wife and I are going out for dinner and a movie, but will be back relatively early. I guess if you see me on, I had a good time. If not, I am having a great time. :popcorn:

hxperson said:
Jojo the circus boy said:
I ordered this for PS3 along with the FRAGnStein
What's your PSN? I just picked this up last night for PS3 and quite enjoyed it. Was running with Chuck Cecil and his crew and we basically spent 2 hours goofing around and trying to figure stuff out. I really like it so far...its like KZ2 but with much better controls/weapons, vehicles, and destructible scenery. A much deeper experience than MW2, IMO.
I will say my initial impressions were that I hated this game and I think that is the MW2 in me. However the more we played and having a group fun group to play with made it more enjoyable. I will say that our score and wins reflected higher than I thought we were playing as we won the majority of the death matches. The major hang up in the game for me is that it is missing something when firing and killing that MW2 has. It is harder to tell if you have killed a guy in BBC2 and multiple times I reloaded thinking the guy was dead and I noticed alot more stand offs ending in both party's dead. The spawning takes a little getting used to also. I ran mainly engineer last night and it was fun. Jumping out of the Bradley to fix it in the middle of a fire fight was comical but highly effective as some matches we controlled the Bradley for the majority of the match. I also agree with the person who said the red dot was money. I unlocked it towards the end last night and played one game and it was a significant improvement.I will be playing during the day Saturday as I have a free day so anyone that is on PS3 hit me up.

I'm astounded by the 'realism' of this game.

It really feels more like a true to life battle than any game I've played.

I think that's generally a good thing.

IvanKaramazov said:
SkyRattlers said:
:coffee: You can score an unbelievable amount of points as a medic without seriously engaging the enemy at all. In one session last night, I found myself in attic with an assault guy and a recon guy, one of whom was a squadmate. They were shooting into one of the enemy bases with heavy resistance. I just stayed out of the line of fire and kept reviving them and getting a ton of heal points with the medkit. I didn't kill anybody from there, but I was indirectly responsible for all sorts of bloodshed since I revived each of them at least 3-4 times.
How do the points work? If you do what Mad Cow did and get up to level 7 as a Medic is any of that useful towards the Recon class or do you essentially have to start as a lvl 1? What are the benefits of leveling up as a medic (in terms of playing the other classes)?

IvanKaramazov said:
SkyRattlers said:
:goodposting: You can score an unbelievable amount of points as a medic without seriously engaging the enemy at all. In one session last night, I found myself in attic with an assault guy and a recon guy, one of whom was a squadmate. They were shooting into one of the enemy bases with heavy resistance. I just stayed out of the line of fire and kept reviving them and getting a ton of heal points with the medkit. I didn't kill anybody from there, but I was indirectly responsible for all sorts of bloodshed since I revived each of them at least 3-4 times.
How do the points work? If you do what Mad Cow did and get up to level 7 as a Medic is any of that useful towards the Recon class or do you essentially have to start as a lvl 1? What are the benefits of leveling up as a medic (in terms of playing the other classes)?
You overall rank is separate from your individual class ranks. When you play as a medic any points you get during the round will count towards your overall XP and help you rank up levels. But you will also be scored on how you achieved your points in the game. ie. if you get a kill, a heal, a revive, etc you will earn medic points, and will therefore level up your medic class. But you could also jump into a tank and any kills or assists while inside the tank will not count toward you being a medic but instead will now count towards your "vehicle" ranks.Make sense?

IvanKaramazov said:
SkyRattlers said:
:goodposting: You can score an unbelievable amount of points as a medic without seriously engaging the enemy at all. In one session last night, I found myself in attic with an assault guy and a recon guy, one of whom was a squadmate. They were shooting into one of the enemy bases with heavy resistance. I just stayed out of the line of fire and kept reviving them and getting a ton of heal points with the medkit. I didn't kill anybody from there, but I was indirectly responsible for all sorts of bloodshed since I revived each of them at least 3-4 times.
You overall rank is separate from your individual class ranks. When you play as a medic any points you get during the round will count towards your overall XP and help you rank up levels. But you will also be scored on how you achieved your points in the game. ie. if you get a kill, a heal, a revive, etc you will earn medic points, and will therefore level up your medic class. But you could also jump into a tank and any kills or assists while inside the tank will not count toward you being a medic but instead will now count towards your "vehicle" ranks.Make sense?
If you do one class, you unlock things specific for that class, but there are also a lot of universal unlocks that unlock that can be used for other classes, as well.I just got speed, so I am looking forward to putting on Cooleyo-type displays as medic running to revive. :hifive:

...It is harder to tell if you have killed a guy in BBC2 and multiple times I reloaded thinking the guy was dead and I noticed alot more stand offs ending in both party's dead. The spawning takes a little getting used to also.
Q1) Do you get a score notification when you "kill" someone? I heard there are "tickets" in the game, any notification of a score change when you kill someone?Q2) What about spawning takes getting used to? Is it the spawning on top of a teammate? That sounds like a good idea for a team-centric game.

I agree that it should be easier to tell when you've killed someone. That would save me a fair amount of ammo and likely result in fewer deaths.

It's pretty bad that I'm sitting maybe 3-4 feet from a 42 inch plasma and have a hard time reading the text on the screen or tell if a guy is down or not.

...It is harder to tell if you have killed a guy in BBC2 and multiple times I reloaded thinking the guy was dead and I noticed alot more stand offs ending in both party's dead. The spawning takes a little getting used to also.
Q1) Do you get a score notification when you "kill" someone? I heard there are "tickets" in the game, any notification of a score change when you kill someone?Q2) What about spawning takes getting used to? Is it the spawning on top of a teammate? That sounds like a good idea for a team-centric game.
madshot tells me that that the number of tickets are on the screen but I still have no idea where and he's told me at least three times already.When you kill someone there is text on the screen that says something like "Killing an enemy +50" but it's pretty small and isn't the greatest visual cue that you've killed them.Plus you may also get a Kill Assist +20 that from a previous engagement that flashes while firing on another target that is easy to mistake for the kill text in which case you might stop firing and end up dead.Yes, you can spawn on top of a teammate or at a specific point - like a base or town.

madshot tells me that that the number of tickets are on the screen but I still have no idea where and he's told me at least three times already.When you kill someone there is text on the screen that says something like "Killing an enemy +50" but it's pretty small and isn't the greatest visual cue that you've killed them.Plus you may also get a Kill Assist +20 that from a previous engagement that flashes while firing on another target that is easy to mistake for the kill text in which case you might stop firing and end up dead.Yes, you can spawn on top of a teammate or at a specific point - like a base or town.
Bottom left, near the map.Usually starts at 200 I think and counts down.

i have definitely noticed a lot of occasions where you get in a standoff with someone and both of you die.

Very annoying and serves no purpose.

One thing I have noticed so far is that there are surprisingly few medics that revive consistently. I know I always do if I see that sign on the mini-map, but I am always shocked if I get revived. Not sure if they don't care or just don't have paddles yet.

i have definitely noticed a lot of occasions where you get in a standoff with someone and both of you die.Very annoying and serves no purpose.
Dude make up your mind, you #### on COD for not being realistic, now you ##### about this game being too realistic.Which is it? WHAT DO YOU WANT???

One thing I have noticed so far is that there are surprisingly few medics that revive consistently. I know I always do if I see that sign on the mini-map, but I am always shocked if I get revived. Not sure if they don't care or just don't have paddles yet.
In addition to never seeing an ammo pack, I've only been revived once. In the beta, Corp revived me 10 times in one game. Whore.

In addition to never seeing an ammo pack, I've only been revived once. In the beta, Corp revived me 10 times in one game. Whore.
He probably LMG'd you in the back just to get the revive, too.

i have definitely noticed a lot of occasions where you get in a standoff with someone and both of you die.Very annoying and serves no purpose.
Dude make up your mind, you #### on COD for not being realistic, now you ##### about this game being too realistic.Which is it? WHAT DO YOU WANT???
not sure what realism has to do with this complaint (if I'm even complaining) I realize that part of this issue might stem from the fact that bullets are actual objects that require flight time (so you can squeeze of a killing round while the round that kills you is already on its way to your head) but i wouldn't call bringing it up #####ing about realism. Its just a frustrating issue that stems from realistic physics being applied, because in the end, both players are dead and have to respawn. (even if one probably "deserved" to live based on the rules that previous shooters have usually used) If that's an unfortunate side effect that comes from a game that has realistic recoil, player models that have weight and bullet drop, I'll gladly deal with it.

not sure what realism has to do with this complaint (if I'm even complaining) I realize that part of this issue might stem from the fact that bullets are actual objects that require flight time (so you can squeeze of a killing round while the round that kills you is already on its way to your head) but i wouldn't call bringing it up #####ing about realism. Its just a frustrating issue that stems from realistic physics being applied, because in the end, both players are dead and have to respawn. (even if one probably "deserved" to live based on the rules that previous shooters have usually used) If that's an unfortunate side effect that comes from a game that has realistic recoil, player models that have weight and bullet drop, I'll gladly deal with it.
Yeah, I actually like the fact that these standoffs sometimes end with both parties dead.That often happens in real life, and the bullet physics are incredible with this game.The more I think about it, the more I really, really like it.The whole game is beautiful, I had so much fun just mowing down trees with a .50 cal to clear a line of site for a big tank.

i have no problem with it happening, its just happening a TON for me. (i'd say at least 2 or 3 times per game).

Hmm interesting bug. I died as a medic, got revived as the assault, then went on a hellacious kill streak with the noob tube, and all the points went as medic. :thumbup:

It also shows me as rank 0 afterwards, so I am hoping that is not permanent to have lost it all - just a server problem. :lmao:

Just bought the PC version. Player name is Bulletbait86 if anyone wants to friend me.

Hmm interesting bug. I died as a medic, got revived as the assault, then went on a hellacious kill streak with the noob tube, and all the points went as medic. :thumbup:It also shows me as rank 0 afterwards, so I am hoping that is not permanent to have lost it all - just a server problem. :eek:
Pretty sure this is as intended. You get point for the class you spawned as, regardless of what kit you use while alive.

Server down for anyone else?
Yep PS3 server must be down for this one I could not get on and play and tried for an hour between 5 and 6 EST. Was able to play Fight Night 4 online so it is BC's server. They better get this resolved as me and my brother inlaw planned an all nighter this evening.

As I think about it, this game does have so much potential. I just wish I didn't feel this urge to power-level my guy. I want some of those later guns. :thumbup: I can't see myself hitting level 50 since I never made it to 50k in BF2, but I am thinking that 50k in BF2 is roughly equivalent to around 1 to 1.5 million in BC2. Thoughts?
I average around 1200 points in conquest mode and about 3000 points in rush for the same amount of time. Just my experience so far.

I got the pin for reviving 5 teammates in a round a couple of times. Someone was actually good enough to revive me once that game. Has my friend invite gone through yet.

Hmm interesting bug. I died as a medic, got revived as the assault, then went on a hellacious kill streak with the noob tube, and all the points went as medic. :thumbup:It also shows me as rank 0 afterwards, so I am hoping that is not permanent to have lost it all - just a server problem. :lol:
When I played earlier today, it said I was rank 0 when I left the game. I tried logging out and back in, but it said that the EA server was down. That was somewhere around 4:00.

Highlight of the night: Ren, Badger, and myself controlling a tank for an entire game of rush just wrecking the other team. Also, I revived a teammate and used the paddles to kill and enemy all in one shock.
That was fun.Haven't played with Ren in forever. That guy (and madshot too) is a beast at pretty much every game. I don't understand it.I am AWFUL. I did finally get to LVL 1. Didn't realize I didn't start at LVL 1 until I hit it. Also unlocked a shotty for the Assault class.Played one round of SDM on Arica Harbor as a sniper. That was fun. Joined about midway through and finished 6-3 with a 6 kill streak and 5 headshots. That's a great sniping map.P.S. madshot>Where did you go?
I had to go soon and that other guy we were playing with was my brother. I basically rage quit from him ditching me in a tank in enemy territory while he runs off. It was like he was trying to make them win. :popcorn:

I got the pin for reviving 5 teammates in a round a couple of times. Someone was actually good enough to revive me once that game. Has my friend invite gone through yet.
I get the pin a ton, have even gotten it 2-3 times in a round along with the repair pin multiple times. A good medic/engineer can drive the other team nuts. even better is two medics and two engineers rolling together. I have noticed I maybe get revived once or twice a game. The healing box for medic is so money. One game I had a 520 points streak of straight squad heals. The ammo box situation is a problem. I never see them and last night I ran out of LMG ammo and shot a guy in the face with a tracer gun. It didn't kill him but I got the assist when he was spinning circles with a red streak sticking out of his face as a team member shot him.

Any tips for flying the choppers. I can fly fine forward/back, up/down, but when it comes times to turn, bad things happen.

6 FBGs on the same side = domination. We lost the first map because we were outnumbered by 4, and it was a close match. We then rattled off 10 straight wins, doing a complete sweep from both sides of all 5 conquest maps. Mad Cow, Slax, Horrible Joe, TLEF, Baron, and myself. Twas awesome :tumbleweed:

:tumbleweed:

ETA that spawn rape on the 2nd to last map = :deadhorse: :grad:

6 FBGs on the same side = domination. We lost the first map because we were outnumbered by 4, and it was a close match. We then rattled off 10 straight wins, doing a complete sweep from both sides of all 5 conquest maps. Mad Cow, Slax, Horrible Joe, TLEF, Baron, and myself. Twas awesome :tumbleweed:
Destroyed. I couldn't stop laughing when 4 of us, at the same time, asked the other team if they liked the horn.

Users who are viewing this thread