What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (3 Viewers)

With that said, my favorite play this weekend is Dallas ML, +154. Solely based on the comments in this game thread:

Nobody in that thread picked Dallas and are talking like the 49ers will win by 7 to 14 points. But Vegas says the game will be decided by a FG. Considering it is SNF, I smell an upset cooking. Vegas is not trying very hard to get you not to bet on San Francisco. In fact, with a line like that they are encouraging it.

If they wanted action on the Cowboys, they would have set the line at +5.5 or +6. But that's the whole point, imo, they don't want Cowboys action. They want everyone on San Francisco and I'm not falling for it.

Cowboys ML, +154 (Cowboys +3.5 if you're a *****). BUNKER BUSTER!!!

As a Niners fan I hope you're wrong. But I have a feeling Parsons et al are going to rattle Purdy all game and you'll be right.

Pleasant Sunday evening owning my loss. :)
Meh, it happens to all of us

You misunderstood. I took Dallas +4. I'm a 49ers fan. Happy to lose my bet and crush a rival.

First thoughts.... BOLD is what I will bet early

KC OVER (nope) actually under
Miami -14
Lions - 3
SEA +3
Colts +4.5
Wash +2
Raiders -2.5
Jets +6.5

Rams - 6

Last edited:
Did you ever think that cowboy boots and hats are regular Friday night wear for a large swath of the United States? Being a northerner in Nashville for the last few days... mind blowing

That said, I am ready to buy my 1st pair of Cowboy Boots
I cowboy'd up a couple years ago.

You are gonna want Tony Lama or Justin boots, square tow. Try them on at a boot store. They are gonna take a bit to wear in. There is nothing more bad *** then the pronounced walk of cowboy boots on a tile floor.

Straw hats for summer, wool hats for winter. Make sure to learn how to put one on right, it makes a world of difference in the fit. Stetson is the only way to go. The higher the "x", the higher quality. Anything over 6x is decent. Get a good thick vest to match.

Feels good to feel like Rip on Yellowstone.

Thanks for the tips @hooter311 ! I figure the hat will cover up the balding dome so I will have that going for me!

ETA - no idea what to think tonight. I suppose Love is due for some regression so LV makes some sense. But on the other hand.. GB is also getting healthy and LV looked like crap against a PIT team that is smoke and mirrors (my very biased opinion) so I guess I expect a close game with no real feel for either side. I do have GB +8 to finish a teaser so I will like just ride that and not force a bet.
GLTA

I also have the Pack to close a teaser. When it comes to my teams, I'm usually happier taking the over, so when the other team scores, it doesn't hurt quite as much. Will add that before heading down to Allegiant :bowtie:

Skinny women over thirty are hard to find, but these outdoorsy chicks are something else. I bet all that hiking probably gets them worked up during the daytime so they gotta stay slim for the night. And with that body, at her age, you know she has health insurance. Even if she had gray hair I don't think it would slow me down.

Skinny women over thirty are hard to find, but these outdoorsy chicks are something else. I bet all that hiking probably gets them worked up during the daytime so they gotta stay slim for the night. And with that body, at her age, you know she has health insurance. Even if she had gray hair I don't think it would slow me down.
MMMM ... Outdoorsy wimmen. I am not sure that group is "slim" but they are usually toned. For me, toned over skinny every day just like you take home dogs on National TV games.

Kicking off the NHL season with:

Filip Forsberg Anytime Goal

Edit to add, Forsberg over 2.5 shots is great but it's -245 on FanDuel and isn't worth it there.

I'll probably add some for CHI/PIT as well

Last edited:
For better or worse...

KC under 47.5
Fairly big

Rams -6.5
My biggest bet

Raiders -3

Jets +7
Rams -6.5
Raiders -3
Parlay

Big parlay for fun
49ers -5.5
Dolphins -13.5
Lions -3
Raiders -3
Rams - 6.5
Jets +7
$50 to win $1886 lol

5.5 for 49ers isnt a big deal

Dolphins were at 14 and I said no. But 13.5. why not. They are not afraid to run up score.

Wish I did a separate nice big bet on lions. But missing St brown

Raiders play the pats. Bet my house plz

Rams is my favorite. They have been nice and solid and cupp is back. I discounted cupp last week. Nope. He's back. These guys will be underrated for a week or 2 imo

Jets... Great d. I havnt looked it up, but I have a feeling eagles don't cover often this year.

I see low scoring

NHL - Vancouver +140 and Ottawa +170 - both are nice size dogs - just need 1 to hit
Sam Houston +3.5
Min/Hou U8 - 105
Philly -122 with a sprinkle of -102 boosted thanks for DK
GLTA
AB

Taylor Hall point +114
Connor Bedard 4+ shots -115
Oilers win -160
Kevin Fiala 3+ shots -168

And a few random parlays/odds boosts that I assume are likely Canada exclusive

Have we ever talked about pool in here and gambling on pool because JRE had this Jeremy Jones on recently. He played pool professionally his whole life since he was 17, which means dude had HELLA good stories. Gentleman stories. Stuff you'd love. And he was using all the same gambling words we use!

My pick of the week: Cowboys -2.5

Also like:

Texans +1.5
Seattle +3
Patriots +3
Bucs +3
Rams -7

Props I like:

Tyjae Spears over 2.5 receptions (-105 on DK)
TJ Hockenson over 5.5 receptions (+100 on DK)
Chris Godwin anytime TD (+195 on FD)

NCAAF:
Shedeur Sanders anytime TD (+175 on FD)
Sanders 2+ TDs (+1500 on FD)

Disclosure: I have a MUCH better NFL betting track record than college. So take the Sanders recommendations with a grain of salt. It just looks like good value on FanDuel compared to Draftkings. Sanders anytime TD is -140 on DK, and Sanders 2+ TDs is just +400 on DK. Sanders has 3 rushing TDs this year, including one in each of the last two games.

I used to think that this weekend was a prime let down spot for SF - given the way CLE is playing and injuries... SF is going to destroy them. Maybe that is a crazy naive take, but I don't think so.

Apologies if honda. I'm not knowledgeable about this situation.

Is there a good and concise link to an article summarizing what the main points of conflict are? I know it's long running and complex. But trying to get a basic understanding.
Palestine has land Israel believes is theirs.

Thanks. Is there a summary-type article you can link to that is a good summary with more information?

I took a history class called the Arab Israeli Conflict which required a lot of heavy reading (including quite a bit of the Old Testament). I'd love to point you to some Cliff's notes but this is a very complex, incredibly historical conflict that dates back centuries and has many layers. I bet some of our power lifters in here could recommend some quick summaries but even after spending a semester studying it, I'm not sure how to sum it up any better than there's a small piece of land that different religions view as not only holy, but theirs and theirs alone. Sharing it hasn't been a peaceful solution. And I don't know what a viable solution would be that satisfies everybody and ends the violence.

Yep. It seems easy as a Westerner to think they should be able to peacefully coexist and share the land. Neither side wants that. They think it should only be "theirs." And they'll do what it takes to make it so.
I have a pet theory on this: I don't claim any great scholarly insight, just something I've noticed listening to both sides describe their positions:

My theory is that one of the root causes of the conflict is that the Israelis and the Palestinians are operating from fundamentally different paradigms. Israel was founded by European immigrants (although that is no longer true of the country's demographics), and Europeans think of a nation as an idea. Nations like Poland existed for centuries not on any map, but in the minds of people who shared an identity.

Meanwhile, there has essentially never been a nation called Palestine. What the Palestinians had was not a shared identity, but land. I had a geometry teacher in high school who was Palestinian American, and he told me once that his family still had the deed to their home, which they had been driven out of by Israeli forces.

These differing approaches can be seen in how each side reacted to the idea of compromise. When the 1947 UN Partition Plan proposed an Israeli territory far smaller than what the Zionists were hoping for, they nonetheless accepted it because the most important thing was to have a state of Israel for the first time in centuries. But when Arafat was similarly offered half a loaf at Camp David in 2000, he turned it down because having a sliver of land -- and agreeing to foreswear any claims on the land that was taken from them -- wasn't enough for the Palestinian aspirations. (Arafat also probably knew that, because such a deal would be viewed unfavorably by the Palestinian public, agreeing to it would likely cost him his life)

✅Taylor Hall point +114
✅Connor Bedard 4+ shots -115
Oilers win -160
Kevin Fiala 3+ shots -168
Hopefully the late games are equally kind.
3/4 ain't bad.

Tage Thompson any time goal at +170 tonight

Been travelling but hit the Bedard shots over each of first two games. I honestly think I'd still play over 4.5, and it could be that high as soon as tomorrow night.

I used to think that this weekend was a prime let down spot for SF - given the way CLE is playing and injuries... SF is going to destroy them. Maybe that is a crazy naive take, but I don't think so.

I hope you're right. Laid the -5 on Tuesday, had a feeling that # was including Watson in the lineup and I had a feeling he might not play. Something is really off with that whole situation.

I hope you're right. Laid the -5 on Tuesday, had a feeling that # was including Watson in the lineup and I had a feeling he might not play. Something is really off with that whole situation.

I find it interesting that sometimes the worse the line gets, the more confident I am in my pick. What I mean by that is, when I saw the 49ers open at just -4 on Monday, my reaction was, “Trap game. Vegas knows something, that line is too good to be true”, and I wasn’t going to touch that game. Now that the 49ers are -9.5, I feel like they probably cover it easily.

The Colts last week is another example. I loved the Colts early in the week when they were -1.5. I actually was much less confident with that pick once the line moved, and they were actually getting 2.5 points. (Fortunately I went with them anyway).

I didn't post it but played a Tulane/Colorado ml parlay for a small action junkie Friday night last night. What a kick in the nuts.

Ark/Ala over 41.5
Utah -9.5
Wash St ML
N Carolina -2.5
Boosted on FD to +869

Wash -3.5 boosted to +150 on FD

Took Rutgers -3 vs MSU which looks like a loss

For better or worse...

KC under 47.5 :pickle:
Fairly big

Rams -6.5:pickle:
My biggest bet

Raiders -3:pickle:

Jets +7:pickle:
Rams -6.5:pickle:
Parlay

Big parlay for fun
49ers -5.5❌
Dolphins -13.5:pickle:
Lions -3:pickle:
Rams - 6.5:pickle:
Jets +7:pickle:
$50 to win $1886 lol

YES! I have no problem bragging about this week!!! stupid 49ers injuries or this would have been a clean sweep!:suds:

I find it interesting that sometimes the worse the line gets, the more confident I am in my pick. What I mean by that is, when I saw the 49ers open at just -4 on Monday, my reaction was, “Trap game. Vegas knows something, that line is too good to be true”, and I wasn’t going to touch that game. Now that the 49ers are -9.5, I feel like they probably cover it easily.

The Colts last week is another example. I loved the Colts early in the week when they were -1.5. I actually was much less confident with that pick once the line moved, and they were actually getting 2.5 points. (Fortunately I went with them anyway).
The only reason 49ers didnt cover was injuries. You cant account for that, it was a great pick!:football:

Users who are viewing this thread