What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** In-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

12 Team $250 Cap Dynasty, 1/1/2/1 1 flex - IDP 2/1/2 1 flex

Team A received

• RG3 $4
  • H.Nicks $6
  • K.Rudolph $3
  • 2014 1st, 4th & 5th (all likely late)
Team B received

• D.Bryant $7
  • P.Rivers $20
  • L.Miller $2
  • B.Myers $12
  • S.Lee $11
Thought this might get more play considering the names involved. Some in my league seem to think the trade was very lopsided. I'm curious what others think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team A received

• RG3 $4
  • H.Nicks $6
  • K.Rudolph $3
Team B received

• D.Bryant $7
  • P.Rivers $20
  • L.Miller $2
  • B.Myers $12
  • S.Lee $11
Thought this might get more play considering the names involved. Some in my league seem to think the trade was very lopsided. I'm curious what others think.
I'd prefer the Dez side, but I don't see much to get worked up about either way. 1/1/2/1/flex reduces weight of WRs and RBs, which makes RG3 more valuable in comparison than he'd otherwise be.

Other factors mandate that I take these kind of risks to hit a home run (Julio/Cobb/1.2) instead of the sure double (Green/Demaryius). This competition (144 teams in 12-team leagues - DFWC) rewards the “great” team moreso than single leagues as there are overall prizes each year ($5,000 to the overall winner) and better yet, a “Dynasty King” prize of $2,000 each year for the team that has the most total points over a 3-year stretch. These prizes are in addition to $2,400 in annual league prizes (up to $2,000 of which could go to the league champion). For a $299 per team investment, a dominant team could end up making a killing over a span of several years, since the same team could conceivably win the Dynasty King prize in consecutive years since results of one year apply to three different Dynasty King years. Accordingly, it pays to shoot for the stars in this case. Playing it safe will only leave you as just one of 143 other teams missing out on the Dynasty King prize.
Same post above applies regarding taking risks. Different team, different league but same 144-team competition. In addition, this is PPR, with 20-team rosters and deep starting requirements (QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 Flex), making WRs even more valuable imo relative to other leagues.

I made two trades last Saturday for one team which started with only 5 players coming out of the maiden draft over the summer but with 11 1st rounders in 2014.

Trade #1:

I gave: Julius Thomas, Rueben Randle and 2014 1st (very likely 1.7 or 1.8)

I got: Julio Jones

Trade #2:

I gave: Gronk and Keenan Allen

I got: Calvin Johnson

Team A received

• RG3 $4
  • H.Nicks $6
  • K.Rudolph $3
Team B received

• D.Bryant $7
  • P.Rivers $20
  • L.Miller $2
  • B.Myers $12
  • S.Lee $11
Need more information. Do salaries escalate? If you get RG3 at $4 for a few years, that's huge. But then again, so is Dez at $7.

Seems even to me.

I Trade :

Case Keenum($1M 5 year deal)

Kurt Coleman($2.3M 5 year deal)

I get:

2nd Rounder (in 2 years 2015)

5th rounder (2014)

. Would you do it? I said no but then I may do it now.

Ok PPR league I'm currently 5-2 and 2nd or 3rd in scoring but I lost Julio.

Does anybody do either of these deals if it makes you a favorite to make the playoffs?

I give up

Julio Jones

for

Andre Johnson + Moreno + a top 5ish 1st round pick

Or

I give up

Julio

for

Welker + Bush

1/2/3/1 + flex PPR 12 teams

Trent Richardson for Doug Martin straight up

Not involved, both pretty strong owners. There are still plenty of Trent believers out there.

I Trade :

Case Keenum($1M 5 year deal)

Kurt Coleman($2.3M 5 year deal)

I get:

2nd Rounder (in 2 years 2015)

5th rounder (2014)

. Would you do it? I said no but then I may do it now.
Keenan at that salary is worth more

12 tm PPR, 22 roster limit.

I gave: Steven Jackson, Andre Brown, and Ryan Broyles

I got: Aaron Dobson, Zach Ertz

Both contenders. Other guy had Martin go down and needed an RB. It's a start 1 RB league (and they only get 0.5 PPR compared to WR/TE 1 PPR) and I have Reggie Bush and AlfMo, so SJax was expendable. I consider Dobson to be a clear upgrade over Broyles (actually considered cutting Broyles recently to make room). My TE situation is bad after losing AHern and Pitta. Looking to add as many upside TEs as I can until one hits (now I have Ertz, Vance McDonald, Fauria). I also free up a roster spot to churn.

Blockbuster in my dynasty league..... Team A is in 1st Place and Team B is 3 games out of the playoff picture............

Team A Trades:

Eddie Lacy

Andy Dalton

DeSean Jackson

Jimmy Graham

Team B Trades:

Adrian Peterson

Sam Bradford

Robert Woods

Jordan Cameron

Gave

Lamar Miller

Antonio Brown

2014 (probably mid) first rounder

Got:

Arian Foster

Ben Tate

2014 Second (mid)

2014 second (late)

Blockbuster in my dynasty league..... Team A is in 1st Place and Team B is 3 games out of the playoff picture............

Team A Trades:

Eddie Lacy

Andy Dalton

DeSean Jackson

Jimmy Graham

Team B Trades:

Adrian Peterson

Sam Bradford

Robert Woods

Jordan Cameron
I like the side getting Lacy and Graham by a lot.

1/2/3/1 + flex 12 team PPR

5-2 highest point total sends Gio & Blackmon

to 3-4 non-playoff team for Forte, Cruz, 2nd

not involved

I don't play in Dynasty, but I have a question: what offers are people seeing involving Khiry Robinson?

5-2 team trades Julio Jones + two late 2014 2nds

to

3-4 team for Moreno + Andre Johnson + two early 2014 1st round picks.

newbie crosses fingers and hopes he didn't give Julio away for nothing.

Winning IS Everything said:
Sabertooth said:
Gave

Lamar Miller

Antonio Brown

Got:

Arian Foster

Ben Tate

2014 Second (mid)

2014 second (late)
Nice deal to get the Houston RB picture.....
Even with Miller's struggles this year, I'd much rather have Brown/Miller/1st.

Sabertooth said:
Gave

Lamar Miller

Antonio Brown

Got:

Arian Foster

Ben Tate

2014 Second (mid)

2014 second (late)
Regardless of Millers situation I would rather have a top 5 RB and an incredibly talented RB in Tate who is 99% to be a feature back somewhere next year.

5-2 team trades Julio Jones + two late 2014 2nds

to

3-4 team for Moreno + Andre Johnson + two early 2014 1st round picks.

newbie crosses fingers and hopes he didn't give Julio away for nothing.
I think that is decent value for Julio. He gets the win now guys he wants and 2 early firsts to find the next Julio.

Sabertooth said:
Gave

Lamar Miller

Antonio Brown

Got:

Arian Foster

Ben Tate

2014 Second (mid)

2014 second (late)
Same here. Im having a difficult time trading Foster (with or without Tate) where I have him.

DFWC PPR

I gave: 3 1sts (very likely (1) 1.6 or 1.7, (2) 1.7 or 1.8 and (3) 1.9-1.12)

I got: Trent Richardson

Comment: Oops. Prior to the Denver game, I got caught in a weak moment and rationalized my way into accepting. I still own the top 4 1sts in 2014 and these 3 were my lesser 1sts.

DFWC also, but different team:

I gave: Justin Blackmon

I got: Doug Martin

Comment: Playing for next year and currently have no RBs, mitigating the suspension risk on Blackmon since I own him in the other DFWC leagues as well

Sabertooth said:
Gave

Lamar Miller

Antonio Brown

Got:

Arian Foster

Ben Tate

2014 Second (mid)

2014 second (late)
Same here. Im having a difficult time trading Foster (with or without Tate) where I have him.
That is odd. I realize RBs have struggled this season but I'd be pretty surprised if a healthy Arian or Tate isn't a top 15 back ROS.

I'm really liking the schedule down the stretch with:

Week 11 Oakland

Week 12 Jacksonville

Week 13 New England

Week 14 Jacksonville

Week 15 Indy

Week 16 Denver

A health Foster or Tate could potentially score huge in Fantasy Wildcard Weekend. If you make it past Indy in Week 15, you get Denver for Championship Week.

Team rebuilding (had his first win this week and is scoring the fewest points) gave Rob Gronkowski and Thomas Davis

to contender for Michael Johnson, Alec Ogletree, and two 2014 1sts both likely mid-late

I don't play in Dynasty, but I have a question: what offers are people seeing involving Khiry Robinson?
Slightly above throw in value IMO. Personally I'd send a 3rd for him, probably not a 2nd. It's pretty easy to look good in NO, and they're committed to a committee.

Team A is 5-2

trades D. Moore + Rivers (has Rogers) + late 2014 1st round pick

to Team B 6-1

Cobb + late 2014 second round pick + Cutler

Team B has Forte and Jamaal Charles and has to win now because he doesn't have a lot of young talent. Team A now has 3 mid to early first round picks and is a slight favorite to still make the playoffs this year.

water1 said:

Team A is 5-2

trades D. Moore + Rivers (has Rogers) + late 2014 1st round pick

to Team B 6-1

Cobb + late 2014 second round pick + Cutler

Team B has Forte and Jamaal Charles and has to win now because he doesn't have a lot of young talent. Team A now has 3 mid to early first round picks and is a slight favorite to still make the playoffs this year.
Cobb is worth way more than that even if he's injured. I don't disagree with the concept, but he should have got a WR more reliable than Moore. I wouldn't trust him in the playoffs against the Jets and Chiefs.

Coeur de Lion said:
Slightly above throw in value IMO. Personally I'd send a 3rd for him, probably not a 2nd. It's pretty easy to look good in NO, and they're committed to a committee.
I wouldn't let him go for less than a 2nd. Sproles and Thomas aren't getting any younger and I don't think Ingram is back next year.

Have a tough time believing Robinson will ever be startable. Would take any 3rd round rookie pick for him.

Think if it ever came down to him starting NO would probably just draft/sign someone else, but I guess you never know.

Have a tough time believing Robinson will ever be startable. Would take any 3rd round rookie pick for him.

Think if it ever came down to him starting NO would probably just draft/sign someone else, but I guess you never know.
Having watched the guy play I see a 3 down back. It's a long shot in NO but stranger things have happened and I believe in the talent.

Coeur de Lion said:
I wouldn't let him go for less than a 2nd. Sproles and Thomas aren't getting any younger and I don't think Ingram is back next year.
His ceiling is low in the pass first offense he's in. Still looks good when he gets the ball and maybe he gets 8-10 touches a game and GL work going forward.

A: Late first (projected 10-12)

B: Cecil Shorts

1/2 ppr, start 1/2/3/1/flex/def

Team A just lost Wayne

Coeur de Lion said:
You think Ingram is cut/traded?

The way the NFL is going I wouldn't be surprised he is top 25 in PPR. Danny Woodhead, Joique Bell, Pierre Thomas and Andre Ellington all are. You can compare his workload to these guys

Team A received

• RG3 $4
  • H.Nicks $6
  • K.Rudolph $3
Team B received

• D.Bryant $7
  • P.Rivers $20
  • L.Miller $2
  • B.Myers $12
  • S.Lee $11
Need more information. Do salaries escalate? If you get RG3 at $4 for a few years, that's huge. But then again, so is Dez at $7.

Seems even to me.
Salaries escalate up to 30% for top 3 finishes, trending downward from there 5% every 3 (so top 4-6 at each position gets a 25% increase, next 3 20% and so on). The guy who gave up RG3 has Rodgers as his starter and had just lost Julio for the season. The guy who got RG3 had Rivers as his best (and youngest) option and still has Brandon Marshall and Desean (plus Nicks now) at WR.

I thought the deal was a classic case of win-win for both teams, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread