What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official John Kasich 2016 thread (2 Viewers)

If you are a member of the GOP and you opt to vote for Clinton or be passive aggressive and not vote, your right to do so. 

If I could re-write the post I would simply have posted...Go Cowboys! 

Because I don't see where you are even discussing him, you simply hate him and are rooting against him, got it. 
This kind of simpleton analysis leads one to support Trump.  

If you don't see Ohio as important and you don't see how Kasich has some influence in Ohio through organization, networking influence and name recognition influence then I am not sure you have a real grasp of politics at all.

But he's all most folks got and he's close to electable simply as a populist if he can stop putting his foot in his mouth. He still had the most resonating line of the week, I guarantee it's what many heard and that was when he said "They want to take your guns and open the borders" and I'll prove it. 

AR-15s are flying off the shelves, record numbers of people buying guns, even my wife has suggested we get one(I refuse). Look at what is actually happening and watch what the voters are doing. I understand the 30-40% who lean heavily left hate Trump, but there are a lot of folks who want something different and that's what is available right now. People don't view Trump as a GOP that are voting for him IMO.  

He's not putting his foot in his mouth, those aren't gaffes, that's who he is.

I really don't care about the GOP, though I do think balance is good in the political system and I do believe (like the Dems) the core values in what they have stood for (starting with Lincoln) is important. But I'm a proponent of third parties. I think Trump should have gone third party, and actually I disagree with you because people do assign value to that 'D' or 'R' and when they vote for a candidate with that brand they think it means something. The whiners are those on the side of btching and complaining that woe-is-me we can't change things outside the party system, yet at the same time want to destroy those parties from within. And at the same time use their brand and at the same time take advantage of their donors and resources.

And really the most terrible thing is that these people do have legitimate concerns, fears, desires, real expectations they should get from their government not just be sloughed off after every election by the Democrats and Republicans, but Trump is the absolute worst guy for those expectations. He is a walking, talking disaster as a leader. Really maybe what people most legitimately want is a secure border, but as with everything else Trump corrodes that issue in a practical sense, and in the end he will rip them off in that respect too. So I guess I'm sorry really to see these people with their arguably legitimate concerns being huckstered by this sideshow charlatan. It won't be helpful to the national attitude once he's done with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with Kasich on a lot of policy, but he was clearly the best candidate on the Republican side if you are interested in real governance with at the least the possibility for some bi-partisanship. 
I would love to see a poll where people have to choose between Trump, Clinton, or Kasich.  I know this independent with liberal lean would vote Kasich.  I know a lot of Christian conservatives in my family would vote Kasich.  How the Republicans and Democrats chose the two worst candidates is really remarkable.  

I would love to see a poll where people have to choose between Trump, Clinton, or Kasich.  I know this independent with liberal lean would vote Kasich.  I know a lot of Christian conservatives in my family would vote Kasich.  How the Republicans and Democrats chose the two worst candidates is really remarkable.  
Kasich.    

Kasich would be my choice without even having to ponder it. At this point, I think I am going to have to put my full backing in with the Libertarians. I have significant issues with the Libertarians but as opposed to the crap we have to choose from- I have no other choice. Trump is ridiculous. Not a consideration in any situation. Clinton is better but extremely flawed and I fear her SCOTUS nominees to further remake the court in a direction I think will be damaging to the country long term far beyond either Presidency. So.... though I am very much not a Libertarian and would fall in line more with Kasich than most..... Libertarian I go.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/clinton-team-asked-bill-daley-to-move-illinois-primary-wikileaks/

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton’s team asked Bill Daley to push Illinois House Speaker Mike Madigan, who is also the chair of the state Democratic Party, to move back the March primary to April, according to a new batch of hacked emails that WikiLeaks released.

Wikileaks has been posting a trove of hacked emails from John Podesta, Clinton’s campaign chair.

PROMOTED STORIES FROM PoliticsChatter

[SIZE=.8em]The extended family of President Obama[/SIZE][SIZE=.5em]PoliticsChatter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.8em]Flashback: Hillary Clinton through the years[/SIZE][SIZE=.5em]PoliticsChatter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.8em]19 things to know about FOX News anchor Megyn Kelly[/SIZE][SIZE=.5em]PoliticsChatter[/SIZE]

In Illinois, Clinton’s political goal was to build to a firewall in her native state, always counted as solid Clinton territory. That is, if she were running behind in the primary, Illinois would be there to help bolster her bid.

In 2008, Madigan switched the usual March Illinois primary to February to help Barack Obama defeat Hillary Clinton for the presidential nomination — and wasn’t inclined to do it again, even with the inducement of getting 10 percent more delegates.

Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook wrote to Podesta in November 2014 about getting Daley involved, suggesting the key contacts to get to Madigan were through Tim Mapes, his chief of staff, and Mike McClain, a Springfield lobbyist.

The tone was urgent because the window was closing on Illinois lawmakers to act if the 2016 primary date were to be changed.

“The overall goal is to move the IL primary out of mid March, where they are currently a lifeline to a moderate Republican candidate after the mostly southern Super Tuesday,” the hacked email says. “IL was a key early win for Romney in 12.

“Our preference would be for them to move all the way to May, but if they at least move to April 12 or April 19 they will have the day to themselves and presumably garner a lot of coverage. They will also be influencing a big northeast primary day on April 26.

“They will receive a bonus of 10% extra delegates if they move to April and 20% if they move to May. Mapes has said repeatedly they don’t care about that.

“As we discussed, they don’t really care about being helpful and feel forgotten and neglected by POTUS. The key point is that this is not an Obama ask, but a Hillary ask. And the Clintons won’t forget what their friends have done for them. It would be helpful to feel out what path, if any, we have to get them to yes. This will probably take some pushing.”

I still think Kasich had the best slogan and banner....it looks like bacon.  

I am firm believer that if he just pumped the smell of bacon into the room whenever he took the stage he would be the Republican nominee right now.

Whether you're for Trump or against him, whether you like him or not, you can thank John Kasich for what's going on right now.  His staying in the race, even when he was mathematically eliminated, siphoned enough votes away from Cruz to allow Trump to win the nomination.

Screw you, Kasich.

Whether you're for Trump or against him, whether you like him or not, you can thank John Kasich for what's going on right now.  His staying in the race, even when he was mathematically eliminated, siphoned enough votes away from Cruz to allow Trump to win the nomination.

Screw you, Kasich.
Screw you, Cruz.  You should've bowed out for Kasich to win.

Users who are viewing this thread