What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

Just read this on Lostisbadass.com:

On the Ajira Adventures page, under the Island Adventures, there is the option to download instructions for making an origami 3D ball from plain paper. A tag on the site says "Travel Tip: Teach your kids some origami to make the time fly by. Be sure to use your boarding pass... you never know what you might find hiding right inside". A sample boarding pass is also available from the site. Printing out the pass and then following the origami instructions results in the airport code GUM (Guam) appearing inside the viewing hole on the ball when it is made. Also directly above "GUM" is the word "Time", perhaps linking in with the instructions "make the time fly by".The pass also has other numbers on it. The bar code is 144 47 50E, whilst 13 29 02N appears on the "Airline use" line. Using these codes as coordinates, a browser such as Google Earth can be used to show that the coordinates are for Guam International Airport. Coupled with this is the source code message from one of the website pages "Where America's day begins". Not only is this the official motto of Guam, but the words also reportedly appear on the Airport building.When the bar code is scanned by a bar code reader the following is produced: 048151623426. This corresponds to the Numbers enclosed by standard bar code digits (a prefix of 0 and a check digit of 6).The other airport codes on the boarding pass are: LAX (Los Angeles), HND (Tokyo Haneda International), GLA (Glasgow)- corrected 1/7 GLR (Otsego County, US, Michigan)
I am betting the Samurai is from Guam and Adam and Eve originally came from Glasgow. :tinfoilhat:
You don' think the Samurai might be from Tokyo? Also, how do you think his playing with a baseball fits into all this?
:no:The guy is clearly asian.
Way to duck the important question.

We still don't know what the numbers are, or why they were brought to the island, or what happened to the kids. And now we have new mysteries like how in the world does a lighthouse have magical powers.
Then we aren't watching the same show. I think people are having a hard time accepting the obvious - whether it's "good" or not is debatable, but they've answered these.

Just read this on Lostisbadass.com:

On the Ajira Adventures page, under the Island Adventures, there is the option to download instructions for making an origami 3D ball from plain paper. A tag on the site says "Travel Tip: Teach your kids some origami to make the time fly by. Be sure to use your boarding pass... you never know what you might find hiding right inside". A sample boarding pass is also available from the site. Printing out the pass and then following the origami instructions results in the airport code GUM (Guam) appearing inside the viewing hole on the ball when it is made. Also directly above "GUM" is the word "Time", perhaps linking in with the instructions "make the time fly by".The pass also has other numbers on it. The bar code is 144 47 50E, whilst 13 29 02N appears on the "Airline use" line. Using these codes as coordinates, a browser such as Google Earth can be used to show that the coordinates are for Guam International Airport. Coupled with this is the source code message from one of the website pages "Where America's day begins". Not only is this the official motto of Guam, but the words also reportedly appear on the Airport building.When the bar code is scanned by a bar code reader the following is produced: 048151623426. This corresponds to the Numbers enclosed by standard bar code digits (a prefix of 0 and a check digit of 6).The other airport codes on the boarding pass are: LAX (Los Angeles), HND (Tokyo Haneda International), GLA (Glasgow)- corrected 1/7 GLR (Otsego County, US, Michigan)
I am betting the Samurai is from Guam and Adam and Eve originally came from Glasgow. :tinfoilhat:
You don' think the Samurai might be from Tokyo? Also, how do you think his playing with a baseball fits into all this?
:no:The guy is clearly asian.
Way to duck the important question.
I was thinking about this last night. Baseball = leather. tough, rugged. Baseball has seams and stitching. It is held together. I can be thrown at velocity. It moves can move through space to its destination when acted upon.The baseball is a metaphor for time travel.Stitches in time.

The trouble is this TV show is beginning to make fun of itself, or in other words become a parody of itself, through Hurley's observations.
I chuckled when they reached the lighthouse and they said "why haven't we seen this before?" (the exact question everyone watching the show was saying at that moment)

In the "enhanced" pop up version of last week's episode last night the pop ups were commenting on light and dark, good and evil. But they reversed them in the comment. Something along the lines of the light and dark pieces signify evil and good, wish I had the exact words but noticed it last night.Anyone else notice that? May not have been a coincidence. I'm not convined of who the "good guys" and "bad guys" are yet. Sure MIB has killed people... but so has Kate, Locke, Sawyer, Sayid, etc.
There was also something that I forgot about that said they found a white rock and a black rock with the Adam & Eve bodies. Once they said it, I remembered the scene and that was right. If so, way to tie in some old episodes!!!
This has probably been discussed but could Adam & Eve = Original Jacob and UnLocke?
My thoughts too, although one being Eve is confusing.

The trouble is this TV show is beginning to make fun of itself, or in other words become a parody of itself, through Hurley's observations.
I chuckled when they reached the lighthouse and they said "why haven't we seen this before?" (the exact question everyone watching the show was saying at that moment)
Also chuckled when Hurley said the time travel thing about Adam & Eve. I think the writers put that in there to deliberatly mess with the fans. Hurley has had similar dialogue like that before which sometime explains and other times bust's up fan theories.

Pretty sure it's been like this for the past three seasons.
I'd say even further back than that. Hurley's always been the anchor, the fat guy in a cast of impossibly good-looking people, the "normal" guy who keeps the whole thing grounded. It goes back even to the golf game in Season One, which I think he organized, yes?
He also had the greatest kill scene ever. Running over an other with the 70's VW shag van.
Only the greatest because he missed with the hot pocket.

I liked last nights episode. :brush: Really liking this season more than the previous two as in hindsight getting off the island and going back in time mainly seem like bumps in the road that didn't have much to do with what is really going on.

I've liked how they have tied so many little things back to the very early episodes. As soon as Hurley said "You have what it takes," the first thing I remembered was Christian saying he didn't have what it takes to young Jack all the way back in like the 5th or 6th episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I missing something or it was an inside joke but what was the mystery about Shannon's inhailer.
In the first season they thought Sawyer stole it when he was hoarding loot from the plane and Sayiid tortured him to get it back when Shannon was suffering from a life threatening asthma attack. Turns out Swayer never had it.It was probably also a call back to the first season since they traveled back to the caves where they lived, etc.

Flintstones/Gilligan's Island Tic Tack Toe game seemed like it could have been left on the editing floor.
also, given monsters and all the crazy #### on the island. I think one would notice and question and empty coffin lying around at the caves. Given my irrational fear of the undead, I would have concluded a zombie busted out of it imo.

I'm a loser, so I slo-mo'd the "preview" for next week.

Things I remember seeing: Claire walking in the courtyard of the temple with her hands in the air, a baseball dropping to the ground, Dogen pinning Sayid to the ground, Sayid pulling out some sort of sword or machete, Sun looking scared, a old-school looking knife with blood dripping off the tip, Claire saying "you're going to hurt them, aren't you," and Locke saying "only the ones who won't listen" (or something to that effect).

Also, going back to the whole "claimed"/"infected" thing, it turns out that Claire was in the temple with the Others at some point, and even seemed to be given the same "test" that Sayid was given.

Not a stretch to assume she was put into the water at some point now.

I liked that too. I'd rather watch a show that was willing to poke a little fun at itself than one that takes itself too seriously.

Also, going back to the whole "claimed"/"infected" thing, it turns out that Claire was in the temple with the Others at some point, and even seemed to be given the same "test" that Sayid was given.

Not a stretch to assume she was put into the water at some point now.
Agreed. That was an assumption since it would explain how The Others knew she was infected. Seeing her "brand" confirmed that assumption.

I wonder if the lighthouse somehow was the method Jacob travelled to interact with everyone. How does Hurley see Jacob but Jack can't? Is he their constant or something?

Flintstones/Gilligan's Island Tic Tack Toe game seemed like it could have been left on the editing floor.
also, given monsters and all the crazy #### on the island. I think one would notice and question and empty coffin lying around at the caves. Given my irrational fear of the undead, I would have concluded a zombie busted out of it imo.
Nothing irrational about that fear.

Have you had your brains eaten? Until you have, I really don't think you can raise an eyebrow fella.

I wonder if the lighthouse somehow was the method Jacob travelled to interact with everyone. How does Hurley see Jacob but Jack can't? Is he their constant or something?
I don't think Jacob used the lighthouse to travel around. We don't really know how he got around, but the lighthouse seems to be more of a guide to get people to the island, rather than a method of leaving the island.Hurley can see Jacob because he can see/interact with dead people. It's been shown before with Charlie, and Jacob even told Hurley he was special because he could see dead people.

menobrown said:
shader said:
I think some of you are totally not getting what happened when the island blew up. It didn't just stop the plane from crashing..It changed the future from that point in time..not from just when the plane crashed.
this
Also when the island blew up, Jacob couldn't visit any of them. If Jacob meeting each person "changed" their lives somehow ie: young Sawyer at the church, Sun and Jin at their wedding,and Jack at the candy machine now didn't happen and not getting that candy made him become a father?
MIB told Sawyer that Jacob had been controlling them all of their lives. When Jack saw the reflection of his house in the lighthouse he realized Jacob had been watching him and the rest of his group all the time. Blowing the island up changed all of that which led to the characters having different lives. I don't get everything on the show but I get this and I don't understand why people keep fussing about the differences in who was on the plane when it crashed and it went it made it to LAX and the different turns their lives took.

Have you had your brains eaten? Until you have, I really don't think you can raise an eyebrow fella.
100% serious in my response good sir

I was talking to my co-worker about Lost today. I think some people have a problem with the "slow" pace of the show.

But it's always been this way!

In reality, when it's all over, this is one story that probably could have been told in one season. They've stretched it to 6 seasons.

They've done this by giving us incredible character detail, life stories and background that really make us love the characters.

I'm a big fan of 24, but it's a completely different show. A ton of stuff will happen in one episode...but from year to year, you really are dealing with characters that you don't know much about.

Lost is character-focused.

If you can't sit back and enjoy the characters and the things they go through, you won't like the show.

I'm sure when this season ends there will be unanswered questions. And I don't have a problem with that. But there are many that will. I'm sure some dude will come up with a list of 25 questions that were never answered and be enraged at the writers.

I think this season has been great and I'm very excited about how it all plays out.

so does the name "Wallace" at 108 degrees in the lighthouse actually mean something? or did Jacob tell Hurley that just because he had to tell him SOMETHING to get him to go there?

if it does mean something, who is Wallace? also, the name was crossed out...does that mean Wallace is dead, or just no longer a candidate?

oh, and we need more screen time for Miles.

WTF was that thing in the crib?
It looked like some twisted, withered macabre entity with no useful purpose. I think we should call it Obamacare.
Sure you don't want to call it TobiasFunke? I mean, as long as you're dishing out baseless insults to total strangers on the internet, you might as well go all-in.
Now cmon. I said straight out I didn't want to start an argument. I just wanted to be brutally honest for a moment. I meant absolutely no harm.
I'm trying to let this one go for the sake of the thread and the board, but dude, come on. If you (wrongly) tell someone they sound like they are a very ugly person that nobody likes, you don't get a free pass just because you say you "meant no harm" and were just being"brutally honest." You get that, right?
Pipe down, Slagathor.

One thing to consider. There are 360 degrees that have names on them. From all we've seen thus far, all but 5 names have now been crossed out. Does that mean that one of the remaining 5 is definitely "the one"? Or will Jacob lose the game if he can't select/guide/force/whatever, one of the final 5 into the role?

I don't think Jacob used the lighthouse to travel around. We don't really know how he got around, but the lighthouse seems to be more of a guide to get people to the island, rather than a method of leaving the island.Hurley can see Jacob because he can see/interact with dead people. It's been shown before with Charlie, and Jacob even told Hurley he was special because he could see dead people.
Hmm, I recall reading something by the producers early on that there were supposed to be logical explanations for everything in the show (maybe even saying there was nothing supernatural?)... I can't remember exactly. Oh well, he can see dead people.

Hmm, I recall reading something by the producers early on that there were supposed to be logical explanations for everything in the show (maybe even saying there was nothing supernatural?)... I can't remember exactly. Oh well, he can see dead people.
It's a tumah.

I am torn between reading what you guys think is going on vs not knowing and just thinking what I want.

Cant decide

I was talking to my co-worker about Lost today. I think some people have a problem with the "slow" pace of the show.But it's always been this way!In reality, when it's all over, this is one story that probably could have been told in one season. They've stretched it to 6 seasons.They've done this by giving us incredible character detail, life stories and background that really make us love the characters.I'm a big fan of 24, but it's a completely different show. A ton of stuff will happen in one episode...but from year to year, you really are dealing with characters that you don't know much about. Lost is character-focused. If you can't sit back and enjoy the characters and the things they go through, you won't like the show.I'm sure when this season ends there will be unanswered questions. And I don't have a problem with that. But there are many that will. I'm sure some dude will come up with a list of 25 questions that were never answered and be enraged at the writers.I think this season has been great and I'm very excited about how it all plays out.
I hear what you're saying in this post...I just disagree. It WAS character driven. That's why I loved the show for a long time. I cared about Locke and Jin and Hurley and the rest. When Desmond and Penny got together, THAT was a great moment. Now...who cares? Somebody dies. Big deal. They'll be back in another dimension or timeline or possessed or whatever. Somebody gets off the island. Whatever. They'll come back or time travel. Sawyer hates Jack. Kate can't pick. Hurley has self-esteem issues. It's all so dull when you throw convoluted plot devices in to render things inconsequential. The show is still fun. I'm still going to watch every episode. But I really won't care at all if everybody dies. Or nobody dies. And I think that apathy is why people are "bored" with the alternate universe stuff this season.

Haven't seen it mentioned but since the images in the lighthouse mirror were places that Jacob had met some of the island folk, does it imply that he met Jack earlier on than what we have seen when he handed him a candy bar or whatever in the hospital? Like when he was a kid.

I was thinking about this last night. Baseball = leather. tough, rugged. Baseball has seams and stitching. It is held together. I can be thrown at velocity. It moves can move through space to its destination when acted upon.

The baseball is a metaphor for time travel.

Stitches in time.

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, 108 double stitches on a baseball.

I was talking to my co-worker about Lost today. I think some people have a problem with the "slow" pace of the show.But it's always been this way!In reality, when it's all over, this is one story that probably could have been told in one season. They've stretched it to 6 seasons.They've done this by giving us incredible character detail, life stories and background that really make us love the characters.I'm a big fan of 24, but it's a completely different show. A ton of stuff will happen in one episode...but from year to year, you really are dealing with characters that you don't know much about. Lost is character-focused. If you can't sit back and enjoy the characters and the things they go through, you won't like the show.I'm sure when this season ends there will be unanswered questions. And I don't have a problem with that. But there are many that will. I'm sure some dude will come up with a list of 25 questions that were never answered and be enraged at the writers.I think this season has been great and I'm very excited about how it all plays out.
Very :thumbup:

speaking of baseball i did chuckle a little when jack's son was wearing a dodgers baseball cap to spite his dad's team in their photo together.

Also.. if jack is a decent surgeon or even just a real doctor, why does he drive that hell hole of a truck around?

I think this season has been great and I'm very excited about how it all plays out.
well that's a fine opinion, but it's wrong.it hasn't been good - the writers are pooping on every fan's chest, and while they can still redeem themselves and clean this up, I'm having serious doubts.

speaking of baseball i did chuckle a little when jack's son was wearing a dodgers baseball cap to spite his dad's team in their photo together.Also.. if jack is a decent surgeon or even just a real doctor, why does he drive that hell hole of a truck around?
Could have been the son's little league team hat. And the only way to spite a Red Sox dad is to wear a Yankees hat.

well that's a fine opinion, but it's wrong.it hasn't been good - the writers are pooping on every fan's chest, and while they can still redeem themselves and clean this up, I'm having serious doubts.
Something tells me nothing will make you happy with the outcome of the show
I've always found it curious how one person's subjective opinion about a form of entertainment can be "right" and another person's subjective opinion can be "wrong."

speaking of baseball i did chuckle a little when jack's son was wearing a dodgers baseball cap to spite his dad's team in their photo together.Also.. if jack is a decent surgeon or even just a real doctor, why does he drive that hell hole of a truck around?
Could have been the son's little league team hat. And the only way to spite a Red Sox dad is to wear a Yankees hat.
:shark:And maybe he just likes the truck?Not everyone feels the need to validate themselves by buying an overpriced vehicle.

so does the name "Wallace" at 108 degrees in the lighthouse actually mean something? or did Jacob tell Hurley that just because he had to tell him SOMETHING to get him to go there?if it does mean something, who is Wallace? also, the name was crossed out...does that mean Wallace is dead, or just no longer a candidate?oh, and we need more screen time for Miles.
108 is also the sum of the numbers, which I think is the more relevant fact than Wallace at the 108 spot. But yeah, I think it could have been anyone's number as it was just an excuse for Jack to work on one of his personal demons.

:shark:And maybe he just likes the truck?Not everyone feels the need to validate themselves by buying an overpriced vehicle.
[scott Norwood]27.01 - The truck from LOST[/scott Norwood]

Wasn't Jack in L.A.? Maybe his son grew up there and became a Dodgers fan...

Not sure how much this has been discussed so I will put it in spoilers:

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

What if the numbers correspond with the passengers from flight 815?

Like "4" is really Bernard. "24" is Frogert. *** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

I also think we are going to see that Jacob visited each of the survivors at some point in their lives.

:goodposting:

I was thinking about this last night. Baseball = leather. tough, rugged. Baseball has seams and stitching. It is held together. I can be thrown at velocity. It moves can move through space to its destination when acted upon.

Stitches in time.

A baseball also fixed Rick Moranis' invention in Honey I Shrunk the Kids...

I'm just saying....

I'm a loser, so I slo-mo'd the "preview" for next week.

Things I remember seeing: Claire walking in the courtyard of the temple with her hands in the air, a baseball dropping to the ground, Dogen pinning Sayid to the ground, Sayid pulling out some sort of sword or machete, Sun looking scared, a old-school looking knife with blood dripping off the tip, Claire saying "you're going to hurt them, aren't you," and Locke saying "only the ones who won't listen" (or something to that effect).
:rant:

Stitches in time.
A baseball also fixed Rick Moranis' invention in Honey I Shrunk the Kids...I'm just saying....
"James 'Big Toe' Dogen booted a ball in the 1923 World Series, allowing the Yankees (the rivals of Jack's beloved Red Sox) to ultimately win the series. Dogen's error was the 4th for the NL team. Most in attendance reported that Dogen's play should not have been an error, as the ball would have likely made it through the infield were it not for the elongated toe on his left foot causing him to wear a shoe 2 sizes larger than anyone else in the league. If that ball had made it through, there would have been 108 combined hits in the '23 World Series."Tough to think Dogen is going to turn out to be on Jack's side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread