What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MLB 2013 Season Thread (3 Viewers)

So what's the deal with Segura? Has another bomb tonight and is on pace for like 30 HR ands 55+ SB. He hit something like 25 home runs total in the minors and the most was 10ish in a season. Obviously have to expect a power regression and the SB pace is a little much but with 13 now, he can probably reach 40. He was supposed to be a good little player this year maybe getting you 6-10 HRs and 25-30 SBs but I doubt anyone predicted this.

Not sure what my actual question with Segura is. I know to expect a cool down but he just keeps hitting and for power nonetheless. Makes that Greinke trade look awesome and makes my fantasy team pretty happy.

What's with the gong at The Trop? Is that new? And the dude wearing some type of roman warrior outfit?

What's with the gong at The Trop? Is that new? And the dude wearing some type of roman warrior outfit?
Something Maddon wanted added this year. Also had a live salsa band in the clubhouse to greet the players today. Guy is a wonderful loon.

shuke said:
Premier said:
shuke said:
Something Maddon wanted added this year. Also had a live salsa band in the clubhouse to greet the players today.Guy is a wonderful loon.
What's it used for, just when they win? Is there always a guy dressed like that?Rules.
Always when they win and I think sometimes when they homer.Yea always dressed like that. It's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
shuke said:
Premier said:
shuke said:
Something Maddon wanted added this year. Also had a live salsa band in the clubhouse to greet the players today.Guy is a wonderful loon.
What's it used for, just when they win? Is there always a guy dressed like that?

Rules.
Looked like last night Rodney shot his arrow up to the warrior. Warrior banged the gong, and then shot arrow back to Rodney. Pretty awesome stuff. Some people hate Rodney because of his hat, I think its hilarious that he's willing to make such a fool of himself. :lmao:

So what's the deal with Segura? Has another bomb tonight and is on pace for like 30 HR ands 55+ SB. He hit something like 25 home runs total in the minors and the most was 10ish in a season. Obviously have to expect a power regression and the SB pace is a little much but with 13 now, he can probably reach 40. He was supposed to be a good little player this year maybe getting you 6-10 HRs and 25-30 SBs but I doubt anyone predicted this.

Not sure what my actual question with Segura is. I know to expect a cool down but he just keeps hitting and for power nonetheless. Makes that Greinke trade look awesome and makes my fantasy team pretty happy.
New approach vs. lefties, MLBN network diagramed last night, used to be late to pitches but now he's squaring them up. He'll cool off, but not enough to make him a sell high imho.

Talk about going downhill fast:

Daniel Bard tonight: 1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 0 K, 2 WP, 30 pitches, 8 strikes for AA Portland.

Daniel Bard this month: 91 pitches, 28 strikes. 3 innings, 12 walks, 6 wild pitches

This rays bullpen is catastrophically bad.
People are always arguing about how to build a bullpen, and it just is unpredictable year to year. last year Tampa had the best bullpen in the AL, this year only Houston's is worse. Great to find great arms that work, and Tampa does it all the time, but consistency over years is always tough to find in bullpens.

This rays bullpen is catastrophically bad.
People are always arguing about how to build a bullpen, and it just is unpredictable year to year. last year Tampa had the best bullpen in the AL, this year only Houston's is worse. Great to find great arms that work, and Tampa does it all the time, but consistency over years is always tough to find in bullpens.
It's actually been one of Friedman's big sayings. He basically wants to turn the pen over every year. That's why he almost never extends any of those guys.

Geez, no wonder they're 11-31. I saw the Marlins' 3rd and 4th place hitters two weeks ago in AA. (And they weren't highly regarded prospects)

MARLINSLF PierreSS Hechavarria2B DietrichRF OzunaCF Coghlan1B Dobbs3B PolancoC BrantlyRHP Koehler

Willie Wilson was one of my favorite players to watch when I was a kid. Slap a ball over one of the middle infielders, and it skids all the way to the wall on the turf. He cruises into 3rd with a standup triple. I got bored and went looking for highlights of him. Who the hell knew he was the best football player in New Jersey? A man among boys.

Willie Wilson was one of my favorite players to watch when I was a kid. Slap a ball over one of the middle infielders, and it skids all the way to the wall on the turf. He cruises into 3rd with a standup triple. I got bored and went looking for highlights of him. Who the hell knew he was the best football player in New Jersey? A man among boys.

Whoa. He was Deion before Deion, looks like he may have even been a better complete player.bWas that him kicking extra points too??

Geez, no wonder they're 11-31. I saw the Marlins' 3rd and 4th place hitters two weeks ago in AA. (And they weren't highly regarded prospects)

MARLINSLF PierreSS Hechavarria2B DietrichRF OzunaCF Coghlan1B Dobbs3B PolancoC BrantlyRHP Koehler
Ozuna is pretty highly regarded, #4 or #5 in a loaded Marlins organization. :shrug:

Ozuna is pretty highly regarded, #4 or #5 in a loaded Marlins organization. :shrug:
He's a toolsy guy that put it together last year but Yelich and Marisnick are both on the Suns roster and they weren't called up.

I guess the Marlins were impressed last year because Ozuna was added to the 40-man last November and he only played 10 games at AA (after spending several years going thru the single-A level)

"Today Matt Moore joined Ruth in becoming just the second left handed starter age 24 or younger to start a season 8-0."

Users who are viewing this thread