What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official NHL 2023-24 Thread *** (1 Viewer)

The
@AnaheimDucks
staged another rally and became the first team in NHL history with six third-period comeback wins through 15 games in a season.
🦆

How many games have they lost going into the 3rd with a lead? Maybe the strategy should be to give them a lead going into the 3rd.
I don't think any.

It's such an incredible change from last year. Gibson is playing the best I've seen him in 5 years. Likely due to not facing 47 shots per game and not playing 23 straight games and getting worn out.

Mintukov is already #1 level good on D.

Idk if this has been posted or acceptable to post, but a lot of people like watching out of market games and can't but there is a solution.

onhockey dot tv (dot is a . when you type it in the address bar)

Idk if this has been posted or acceptable to post, but a lot of people like watching out of market games and can't but there is a solution.

onhockey dot tv (dot is a . when you type it in the address bar)
thanks.... In Boise, ESPN+ blocks us from any Vegas, Seattle or Colorado home games. It's absurd as all of them are a long drive away. @jamny

I’m set since our ATT Uverse includes bally sports which is who broadcasts Ducks games. When I played fantasy hockey though the aforementioned website was clutch to watch other teams/players. You gotta click out of an ad or two but the feed quality is legit.

Has anyone heard what Corey Perry did to essentially get kicked off of the Blackhawks? I was told by someone who should know that an illicit relationship with the wife of a player or management chased him out of Anaheim.

Has anyone heard what Corey Perry did to essentially get kicked off of the Blackhawks? I was told by someone who should know that an illicit relationship with the wife of a player or management chased him out of Anaheim.
Maybe they realized he is the biggest douche in the league. I generally don't hate many players but this guy is my most hated player of all time in any sport. Just a colossal crybaby-cheapshot artist - douche nozzle.

I say good riddance.

Maybe they realized he is the biggest douche in the league. I generally don't hate many players but this guy is my most hated player of all time in any sport. Just a colossal crybaby-cheapshot artist - douche nozzle.

I say good riddance.
I just read quite a rumor on Reddit regarding the Perry situation. As with most rumors it's probably not true but would be one reason why everyone is staying hush hush.

I say good riddance.
I just read quite a rumor on Reddit regarding the Perry situation. As with most rumors it's probably not true but would be one reason why everyone is staying hush hush.
Is that the one where he supposedly schtupped Bedard's mom? Or the one where he offered Bedard a line of blow and Connor went to B'hawks management?

I say good riddance.
Is that the one where he supposedly schtupped Bedard's mom? Or the one where he offered Bedard a line of blow and Connor went to B'hawks management?
The first one.

I say good riddance.
The first one.
Straight up Shoresy move there.

Am I the only one that when watching your team enter the zone on a play that looks like it could be offsides and isn't called that roots for the puck to be cleared so you don't risk scoring and getting it called off for offsides? I would just rather clear the puck and start over.

Last night the Kings had the puck in the o-zone for over a minute just grinding and peppering the goal with shots. Tired out the Caps to the point they couldn't move and even had a skater with no stick because it broke. Cycled and finally scored the tying goal. It was immediately challenged and shown to be off sides. Just a punch to the gut. It was the tying goal with just under 10 minutes left to go. Could never get the equalizer after that.

Kings tie the NHL record for wins on the road to start a season with a 3 goal third period comeback.

Amazing offense by just rolling four lines. All playing great

Penguins have Crosby, Malkin, Karlsson and Letang available for the power play. They're on an 0 for 30 streak and counting.

Flyers traded #5 overall pick Cutter Gauthier (who we don't evidently know from a hole in the wall) to the Ducks for former #6 pick Jamie Drysdale and a 2nd rounder.

Flyers traded #5 overall pick Cutter Gauthier (who we don't evidently know from a hole in the wall) to the Ducks for former #6 pick Jamie Drysdale and a 2nd rounder.
I thought Drysdale would be a stud in the NHL. Still could be but a series of injuries over the past couple years may have limited his long term upside. Hopefully not. He'll be a solid player either way, just whether he'll be that elite #1 guy.

Reminds me of Zach Bogosian. He was one of the best junior players I've ever seen. He went #3 overall, one pick ahead of Alex Pietrangelo and it was justified at the time. He had a couple early major injuries and was never the same dynamic skater he was before them. He was good enough to carve out a 15 year NHL career (and counting) but I always wonder what might have been with him.

Drysdale looks like he's most of the way back physically, hopefully he can step up and be the player I saw in the OHL.

Gauthier - who hasn't played a game in the NHL, and has only some collegiate and international experience - forced the Flyers hand in this trade.
First he did, and then he didn't want to be a Flyer.
Can't say I blame him :towelwave:

Gauthier - who hasn't played a game in the NHL, and has only some collegiate and international experience - forced the Flyers hand in this trade.
Yeah, Flyers were handcuffed for sure, they've been trying for almost a year to get this sorted. Not sure I'd want to play for Torts either, but Ducks are going nowhere fast either. Seems like an overpay to me as Drysdale has near term potential to be a top 4 Dman and on #1 pp unit. And they threw in a second rounder. Of course, I'm sure the Ducks are more familiar with Drysdale's physical issues and Cutter had a great tournament.

I thought Drysdale would be a stud in the NHL. Still could be but a series of injuries over the past couple years may have limited his long term upside. Hopefully not. He'll be a solid player either way, just whether he'll be that elite #1 guy.

Reminds me of Zach Bogosian. He was one of the best junior players I've ever seen. He went #3 overall, one pick ahead of Alex Pietrangelo and it was justified at the time. He had a couple early major injuries and was never the same dynamic skater he was before them. He was good enough to carve out a 15 year NHL career (and counting) but I always wonder what might have been with him.

Drysdale looks like he's most of the way back physically, hopefully he can step up and be the player I saw in the OHL.
He still might be a stud…since he’s come back he’s looked better to me than Mintyukov for some comparison. The Ducks just have many more defensemen in the pipeline (Zwilleger,Luneau, LaCombe) and besides for what’s in the NHL and Gaucher, really nothing in the pipeline on F/W.

The Ducks roster in general is pretty bad though. Hopefully they can turn some of the other aged 30+ guys into some assets at the deadline. Zegras also doesn’t have the same pop since he’s come back from that injury.

Yeah, Flyers were handcuffed for sure, they've been trying for almost a year to get this sorted. Not sure I'd want to play for Torts either, but Ducks are going nowhere fast either. Seems like an overpay to me as Drysdale has near term potential to be a top 4 Dman and on #1 pp unit. And they threw in a second rounder. Of course, I'm sure the Ducks are more familiar with Drysdale's physical issues and Cutter had a great tournament.
The Ducks are not going nowhere fast. They might have the best (very) young core in the league (Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, Gauthier, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Luneau, Dostal)

Agree to disagree about the Ducks. Zegras is severely overrated, imho. All sizzle, no steak. You're including a player yet to play an NHL game in their "core" in Gauthier, that would be akin to me including Perrault into the NYR core players. They are very clearly one of the worst teams out there right now. They have a couple of nice young players, sure, but so do 28 of the other NHL teams out there.

Agree to disagree about the Ducks. Zegras is severely overrated, imho. All sizzle, no steak. You're including a player yet to play an NHL game in their "core" in Gauthier, that would be akin to me including Perrault into the NYR core players. They are very clearly one of the worst teams out there right now. They have a couple of nice young players, sure, but so do 28 of the other NHL teams out there.
This is a really bad take. The ducks have several very good D in the pipeline. They are playing much, much better than last year, and losing a lot of close games.

Drysdale has looked the best I've ever seen him by far the last 5 games. Never seen that potential before. Top 4 for sure. Ducks pp went to shot when he came back though. Mintukov is a better qb already and much better all around.

Zegras scored twice last game. He's having a tough year. He's on a new line every night. Center on game, wing the next due to all the injuries

This is a ****ing great trade for the Ducks. Just what they needed.

username checks out. I guess time will tell. they are 13-25-1, I guess there is nowhere to go but up!
They were 9 and 6 before they got slammed by injuries. I didn't expect that pace to continue though.

They are just so much better this year than last, even if the record sucks.

I hope they trade Gibson. He's playing the best he's played in 5 years. Dostal is the real deal though.

This is a really bad take. The ducks have several very good D in the pipeline. They are playing much, much better than last year, and losing a lot of close games.

Drysdale has looked the best I've ever seen him by far the last 5 games. Never seen that potential before. Top 4 for sure. Ducks pp went to shot when he came back though. Mintukov is a better qb already and much better all around.

Zegras scored twice last game. He's having a tough year. He's on a new line every night. Center on game, wing the next due to all the injuries

This is a ****ing great trade for the Ducks. Just what they needed.

The Flyers had as deep a pipeline in defensemen as any organization about 10 years ago. None of them turned into elite guys and I'm not sure any are quality top pairing defensemen, either. Gostibehere, Morin, Provorov, Sanheim, Hagg.

If Drysdale can get past his injuries, he'll be that #1 PP QB the Flyers are missing.

Man this thread is dead. Guess that's what happens when the Wild, Sabres, Ducks and Penguins are crap.

Rangers kinda surprised me today waiving Bonino. Guess they're clearing up cap space for an insignificant trade deadline move. Chytil also skated today for the first time in months. Not sure that guy is ever coming back, but if he does that would be a nice bonus.

Went to watch the Rangers get crushed by the Knights last week and if you've never been to T-Mobile, I highly recommend. Really put on a nice show there.

I guess we're just not even going to mention the 5 games granted leaves of absence for sexual assault allegations. Sucks for the flyers as they were playing pretty damn well under Torts and Hart was solid between the pipes.

Also have an all star rant as Canada decided the ASG would be their stanley cup since they're not going to win it again any time soon so they loaded up the rosters - Makar was the only non-Canadian selected. I have no issues with the Canucks picked, but Toronto can ead.
I am very surprised the NHL picked Trocheck to the game as an injury replacement. Panarin would have been the logical choice as I believe he's the highest point guy not going, but Trocheck is well deserved. He's been outstanding all year on both ends of the ice, and for him to get this recognition is nice. Shesterkin doesn't deserve to go this year, but whatever. I just hope no one gets hurt (well, maybe except for Aho)

I have been beaten down by the total collapse of a once promising season for the Kings. I just don't understand how they turned so quickly. It is truly quite amazing.

In Hockey News (and, sadly, assault news) this came out yesterday:

https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/re...-told-to-surrender-to-london-police-1.2066984

It's probably not publicized as much in the US but it's a huge deal here. As it should be. The 5 players are not being named but there is a lot of speculation on who they are (and for good reason).

A disgusting incident (allegedly) took place in 2018 and hopefully this is another step towards justice.

Users who are viewing this thread