What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (2 Viewers)

20. Rearviewmirror - #1
19. Lightning Bolt 
18. Go 
17. Alone 
16. Future Days 
15. Black 
14. Unthought Known 
13. I Got #### - #10
12. WMA - #3
11. Down 
10. Footsteps - #4
9. Indifference 
8. Inside Job 
7. Faithfull - #18
6. Severed Hand 
5. Present Tense 
4. Porch - #9
3. Not for You - #6
2. Why Go 
1. Immortality 
My top 20 probably changes depending on my mood, so I went through my play list and documented the 20 most played.

#2 Blood

#5 Animal

#7 Courdoroy

#8 Rats

#11 Oceans

#12 Man of the Hour

#13 Release

#14 Off He Goes

#15 Just Breathe

#16 Lukin

#17 Brain of J

#19 Spin the Black Circle

#20 In Hiding

was thinking the same thing
I mean, I get that they've released two albums since the concert for this one (which, in and of itself tells you how much time has passed), but, I remember money was tight for us when avocado came out, and as clear as it was yesterday, I remember jamming out to the second chorus, radio blaring....

Well his wife and kids' asleep but he's still awakeOn his brain weighs the curse of thirty bills unpaidGets up, lights a cigarette he's grown to hateThinkin if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream

Good times...

My top 20 probably changes depending on my mood, so I went through my play list and documented the 20 most played.

#2 Blood

#5 Animal

#7 Courdoroy

#8 Rats

#11 Oceans

#12 Man of the Hour

#13 Release

#14 Off He Goes

#15 Just Breathe

#16 Lukin

#17 Brain of J

#19 Spin the Black Circle

#20 In Hiding
Yeah my list today would look different. Crazy how many great songs they have. I could do a top 20 list of covers & b-sides.

2006 Letterman show still just so insanely encapsulates this band perfectly. Best bunch of songs in less than an hour I could ever come up with. These guys are still and always will be the best rock band to ever live. 
Thanks for the link!  And just watched the HOF performance finally...as good as that ceremonial show can get.

Just got a teaser email that suggests another concert at Wrigley in the future (it is not suggested but I hope this means more concerts as well).  Better make sure those fan club memberships are up to date!

Saw Billy Joel at the new Braves stadium in April, pretty decent venue if you're in the outfield. Make it happen fellas.

What are some of your favorite or darkhorse shows you listen to?  Looks like most of 2000 and then 2007-2016 are available right now in the Shop and I have a few codes to use.  I don't really have the need for anymore of the 2016 shows.  Maybe a great overseas show?

What are some of your favorite or darkhorse shows you listen to?  Looks like most of 2000 and then 2007-2016 are available right now in the Shop and I have a few codes to use.  I don't really have the need for anymore of the 2016 shows.  Maybe a great overseas show?
Here's one I always go back to...great vibe (below from the late, great Five Horizons site):

06/16/00 - Spodek: Katowice, Poland [145m]
attendance: 3,000 (capacity 8,000)
support act: Dismemberment Plan
set: Release, Of The Girl, Sleight of Hand, Thin Air, Insignificance, Grievance, Corduroy, Animal, Hail Hail, State of Love and Trust, Evacuation, Daughter/(ABitW)/(On a Rope), Jeremy, I Got ####, Light Years, Leatherman, In Hiding, Off He Goes, Dissident, MFC, Habit, Alive
enc: Smile, Immortality, Black, Leaving Here, Soldier of Love, Last Exit, Soon Forget, Yellow Ledbetter
notes: [This date was originally scheduled for the Petiofi Csarnock in Budapest, Hungary.]
Those who showed a ticket stub from the previous night's show could buy a ticket to the second show at half price! The whole band is in a great mood, smiling throughout the show. A special atmosphere is created from the very beginning of the show, making it feel like they are playing right in your living room. Ed ####s up the lyrics and starts directly with "Oh dear dad, can you see me now...", making 'Release' a very short song but still very intense. 'Of The Girl' and then two more slow songs follow, introduced with, "We'll try and take it easy tonight. Let's get through the pretty ones first..." After each song the band gathers in the middle of the stage and discusses what they will play next. Eddie keeps the other band members from changing their instruments a few times. Mike seems to be very tired and introverted during the first few songs, but still interacts very much with the crowd in front of him. Ed catches a bouquet with a note. He reads it and says, "Oh, they're from a guy" -- 'I'll meet you the show.'" He rips the petals off the flowers during 'Sleight of Hand' while the stage is bathed in blue light. The crowd is hypnotized witnessing something special happening on stage as it seemed like they would go on with slow songs forever but then they changed hitting with five unbelievable rocking tracks in a row !!! Ed dons a gas mask during 'Daughter' (hey, it was only a matter of time). 'Daughter' is breathtaking with Mike playing some short riffs from 'Another Brick in the Wall' throughout the whole song. When Ed starts singing the verse, everyone joins in with Ed encouraging them by pointing at his ear several times. He sings, "The shades go down..." through a gas mask that was thrown on stage by a fan. 'On a Rope' is a Rocket From The Crypt song. Ed omits out the first chorus of 'Jeremy' like the "new" version played on previous tours. He introduces 'Light Years' with, "This song is about ... well, you know what it is about. It means a lot to me and I hope that it means a lot to you as well." After the song he adds, "The next song is also about a dead guy," and then they start 'Leatherman.' Before 'Off He Goes' Ed says, "That's a little song about friendship. About a friend that is an #######". Then he points his finger at himself saying quietly that he is an #######. The audience responds: "Noooooo!". Ed catches a t-shirt during 'Alive' and blindfolds his eyes with it throughout half the song. Mike catches a rose and attaches it to his guitar. The audience yells "Smile, smile" between the songs, and they play it as the encore opener. 'Black' and 'Immortality' are just magical, first with Ed burning the cork of his wine bottle and painting his face and arms with it and then the whole band lining up in front of Matt during the end of 'Immortality,' letting everyone see what a great time they are having and how much they still enjoy playing music together. After 'Soldier of Love,' the audience does the "cha-cha-cha" thing from the single and it makes Ed laugh. Ed manages to convince every fan to be silent during 'Soon Forget,' although they start quietly singing along with Ed. Mike tags some of Van Halen's 'Dance the Night Away' onto 'YL.' Ed takes the usual polaroids of the first row and takes one picture of himself which he throws off the stage right in the hand of some lucky fan. The setlist was modified as they played this amazing show.

Picked up my "Let's Play Two" tickets for a local theater showing.  Taking my son who, to his regret, passed when it was his turn to see them in 2013 (silly 11 year old...:))

Figured it would be as close to the experience until he gets to see the real thing (his older brother's first show was 12th row at MSG...tough one to top).

Anyone else headed to their local venue or waiting for the FS1 premier broadcast?

Picked up my "Let's Play Two" tickets for a local theater showing.  Taking my son who, to his regret, passed when it was his turn to see them in 2013 (silly 11 year old...:))

Figured it would be as close to the experience until he gets to see the real thing (his older brother's first show was 12th row at MSG...tough one to top).

Anyone else headed to their local venue or waiting for the FS1 premier broadcast?
No New Orleans dates unfortunately :kicksrock:

Every show that I saw in NY and NJ was a conflict for me and my soccer schedule. Have fun. 

Probably going to wait because I'll vomit watching all the Cubs bull#### that's going to be in it.  Kinda surprised one of the few openings is in Cle though.

Last edited by a moderator:
"On October 13th, Let's Play Two will have its television debut on Fox Sports 1 following Game 1 of the 2017 American League Championships. "

Lets play two is playing in Tucson Oct 3rd.It looks like just one showing?  I just bought my tickets.
Are you in Tucson or Phoenix? It's playing just down the road here in Chandler as well at Alamo Drafthouse.

I cant seem to find the track listing for Lets Play Two. I see the soundtrack for sale but no track list. Has the track list been released?

I started playing guitar around August 15th. After learning chords and some scales, I got into some good ole punk songs. 

Learned my first PJ song. Courdory. Surprisingly, it is very punk rock like and relatively easy. 

I started playing guitar around August 15th. After learning chords and some scales, I got into some good ole punk songs. 

Learned my first PJ song. Courdory. Surprisingly, it is very punk rock like and relatively easy. 
It must be easy if Ed can play it. 

My wife and kids just went to a screening of this tonight. I am really bummed I didn't get to go - long story. Anyway, my wife loved it. Said it was very well done and the music + baseball angle was awesome. YMMV.
Yeah, it was awesome. Better than I expected. Definitely focused on Ed's Cubs fandom, going to games at Wrigley as a kid, his friendship with the GM, and then all the World Series drama last year. The concert footage is about 80% of the content though, and it was incredible in the theater. Kind of an eclectic group of songs. 

This is showing at my local theatre, but of course I have other obligations tonight for its one showing.

I assume this will be out on DVD at some later date?

McGarnicle said:
Yeah, it was awesome. Better than I expected. Definitely focused on Ed's Cubs fandom, going to games at Wrigley as a kid, his friendship with the GM, and then all the World Series drama last year. The concert footage is about 80% of the content though, and it was incredible in the theater. Kind of an eclectic group of songs. 
I've always despised the Cubs.  Since I was a kid.  Guess I'm alone around here on that, or at least have a tougher time putting it aside.  Unfortunate it took PJ so long for a new DVD and it took the Cubs winning to spring it.  We never even got a PJ20 DVD for crying out loud!  Maybe they had a Wrigley/Fenway DVD planned and scrapped the Fenway part to input Ed's fandom, who knows.  I'm sure it's "done well", this is PJ of course, but I'll wait for the FS1 airing for final judgement.  

edit: PJ20 the concert/festival of course.  

I thought I bought the DVD from Ten Club...I guess I didn't read carefully enough.   The CD is pretty cool, I guess.

I've always despised the Cubs.  Since I was a kid.  Guess I'm alone around here on that, or at least have a tougher time putting it aside.  Unfortunate it took PJ so long for a new DVD and it took the Cubs winning to spring it.  We never even got a PJ20 DVD for crying out loud!  Maybe they had a Wrigley/Fenway DVD planned and scrapped the Fenway part to input Ed's fandom, who knows.  I'm sure it's "done well", this is PJ of course, but I'll wait for the FS1 airing for final judgement.  

yeah, can see how that would be tough to watch as an Indians fan

That sucks. Closest parallel for me would be the Dallas Cowboys; if this film was about them instead of the Cubs I'd be conflicted about watching it. But, it's still so good. They talk a lot about the band's first tour swing into Chicago opening for Soul Asylum, pre-Ten, and they show some grainy concert footage from back then. That part is very PJ20-esque and a blast to watch. Other highlights include their rooftop rehearsal at a Wrigleyville bar, where they play Black Red Yellow (!!!) and segue into the Wrigley performance of that song. So great. And my favorite, Inside Job, with a special guest onstage that makes it particularly meaningful. 

You know a movie is good when you like it even more the next day remembering everything you saw.

Users who are viewing this thread