What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (3 Viewers)

regularguy, they have indeed made changes.  I actually liked the way they did it that tour, because if you got there earlier, you'd be better off (to some degree)...but whatever.

Anyway, it will be different.  Go look for the rules, they are there somewhere.  They always try to make it as fair as possible, and when they think they have a better way to do it, they try.  In any case, you will be happy with a member # that low, I assure you.
I liked it in 2000 when you could get there early.Either way no biggie.

Can't find any new rules out there, I would think we'd have to wait till some tour announcements. Something was published?
Yeah, it has definitely changed. Don't have time for link, but you won't have to show up early to get better seats, I know that much.

regularguy, they have indeed made changes.  I actually liked the way they did it that tour, because if you got there earlier, you'd be better off (to some degree)...but whatever.

Anyway, it will be different.  Go look for the rules, they are there somewhere.  They always try to make it as fair as possible, and when they think they have a better way to do it, they try.  In any case, you will be happy with a member # that low, I assure you.
I liked it in 2000 when you could get there early.Either way no biggie.

Can't find any new rules out there, I would think we'd have to wait till some tour announcements. Something was published?
Yeah, it has definitely changed. Don't have time for link, but you won't have to show up early to get better seats, I know that much.
:yes: I like this rule....that way, I can convice Mrs. TF to come with me to some new cities and not have to camp out all day.

I'd have had no problem getting there early. My first PJ show was a general admission show at a small football stadium in Charlotte about ten years ago. My two buddies and I left GA before dawn and were at the gate by noon with a cooler full of beer. I don't think the show started until 7 or so. Ben Harper played an awesome opener that night. But I digress......

Hey KT, let me know if you make it down to ATL for a show. Maybe we can arrange a beer swap.
Funny, that Charlotte show was also my first PJ show. We didn't get there until maybe 30 minutes before the show. We started off in the bleachers, but eventually made our way towards the front. That was a really awesome show. It was the first and last time I ever crowd-surfed. I actually have a bootleg VCR tape of that show somewhere, but the quality is crappy.Yeah, we'll have to see what the tour brings, but if we are going to the Atlanta show I will be in touch.
That show was the only time that I've seen PJ, and it was awesome. :thumbup:

I'd have had no problem getting there early. My first PJ show was a general admission show at a small football stadium in Charlotte about ten years ago. My two buddies and I left GA before dawn and were at the gate by noon with a cooler full of beer. I don't think the show started until 7 or so. Ben Harper played an awesome opener that night. But I digress......

Hey KT, let me know if you make it down to ATL for a show. Maybe we can arrange a beer swap.
Funny, that Charlotte show was also my first PJ show. We didn't get there until maybe 30 minutes before the show. We started off in the bleachers, but eventually made our way towards the front. That was a really awesome show. It was the first and last time I ever crowd-surfed. I actually have a bootleg VCR tape of that show somewhere, but the quality is crappy.Yeah, we'll have to see what the tour brings, but if we are going to the Atlanta show I will be in touch.
That show was the only time that I've seen PJ, and it was awesome. :thumbup:
That show was my last PJ show... Ben Harper layed down some nice guitar work on Vood Child that night.

GB having Satellite radio so I won't have to listen to some crappy Pearl Jam single over and over

PJ Tour dates - On sale as soon as Wednesday!

05/09/06 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON

05/10/06 - Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON

05/12/06 - Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY

05/13/06 - New England Dodge Music Arena, Hartford, CT

05/16/06 - United Center, Chicago, IL

05/19/06 - Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, MI

05/20/06 - Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH

05/22/06 - Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI

05/24/06 - TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA

05/27/06 - Tweeter Waterfront, Philly, PA

05/30/06 - MCI Center, Washington D.C.

06/01/06 - Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

06/03/06 - Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, New Jersey

More later...

More later...
I just saw these dates too, from their website message board, not confirmed yet...From a press release coming later today:

NORTH AMERICA TOUR 2006 -- LEG TWO

24 Jun George Washington Gorge Amphitheater

27 Jun Portland Oregon

29 Jun Mountain View California Shoreline Amphitheater

30 Jun Devore California Glen Helen Blockbuster Pavillion

1 Jul San Diego California Sports Arena

3 Jul Los Angeles California Greek Theatre

4 Jul Los Angeles California Greek Theatre

6 Jul Las Vegas Nevada MGM Grand Arena

8 Jul Phoenix Arizona Cricket Pavillion

10 Jul Dallas Texas Smirnoff Music Center

11 Jul Houston Texas Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

13 Jul Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Bonner Springs Kansas

15 Jul East Troy Wisconsin Alpine Valley

16 Jul East Troy Wisconsin Alpine Valley

18 Jul St Louis Missouri Savvis Center

20 Jul Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Post Gazette Pavillion

22 Jul New York New York Madison Square Garden

23 Jul New York New York Madison Square Garden

25 Jul Buffalo New York HSBC Arena

More later...
:excited: :banned: :thumbup: :popcorn: :headbang: :pickle: :clap:

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:

We are close to some live PJ!
I'm pumped. I hope I can catch at least 3 shows this tour :thumbup:
A-#######-men. Should catch them in Phoenix, San Diego, Vegas and NYC. Great birthday present for me.
OHHHH YAAAA. Last tour I caught them in Cleveland, Columbus, State College :shock: , Pittspuke, and Las Vegas. I don't think I'll be able to pull another five out of my hat for the next tour, but three or four should be no problem once again.Brought into work Detroit 2000 for my listening pleasure today. I happened to be at that one too. :thumbup:

What I'm really hoping for is to be within dirving distance to the last show of a leg. I've hit the end of the first leg for each of the last two tours. In 2000, Pittsburgh was amazing (I suggest a buy on this one), and then in 2003 State College was (I think) their longest concert ever. They always make those leg enders top notch and thank heavens in the midwest.
Penn State is one of my favorite shows--wish I could've been there! I only saw them once in 2003 (in West Palm).Check out this site--they have a large collection of live shows.
I was there. Actually, I was just listening to the bootleg from that show on Saturday.

My Morning Jacket is confirmed as the opening band for the first leg of the tour (through June 3). I'm not sure about those second set of dates. There isn't one show in the entire Southeast. If it is true, maybe they are doing a third leg some time late in the year.

My Morning Jacket is confirmed as the opening band for the first leg of the tour (through June 3). I'm not sure about those second set of dates. There isn't one show in the entire Southeast. If it is true, maybe they are doing a third leg some time late in the year.
They'd better! :hot:

More later...
I almost shat my pants. CLEVELAND IN MAY!!!!!!!

My Morning Jacket is confirmed as the opening band for the first leg of the tour (through June 3).  I'm not sure about those second set of dates.  There isn't one show in the entire Southeast.  If it is true, maybe they are doing a third leg some time late in the year.
on the PJ message board, they are specualting that the leaked info is probably incorrect about no southeast shows. I sure hope so. :sadbanana:

My Morning Jacket is confirmed as the opening band for the first leg of the tour (through June 3).  I'm not sure about those second set of dates.  There isn't one show in the entire Southeast.  If it is true, maybe they are doing a third leg some time late in the year.
on the PJ message board, they are specualting that the leaked info is probably incorrect about no southeast shows. I sure hope so. :sadbanana:
That does seem odd.

Leg 1 is confirmed. link

Also.....

SEAT ALLOCATION

Tickets are allocated by seniority within the Ten Club. The longer you have been in the Ten Club, the closer your seats are to the stage. Proximity to the stage is determined by how many members are in attendance at a show.

Tickets will be pre-assigned and organized in advance of the show, then distributed at the venue box office on the day of the show. We will not mail your tickets to you, nor can we reveal your seat location in advance of the show.

Group seating is not an option, but your pair of tickets will be seated together.

Not all Ten Club tickets will be located on the floor. We have reserved the side sections closest to the stage and feel these seats provide a better view than those in the back section of the floor.

Since tickets will be prioritized and assigned in advance, showing up early to the box office will not increase your chances of getting closer to the stage. Ten Club distribution times will be revealed in a follow-up e-mail confirmation.

Your tickets are your tickets. No exchanges or refunds will be honored on the day of the show if you are unsatisfied with your seat location.

Leg 1 is confirmed. link
The leg 2 above is false:
Hello,

The first leg dates in this post are 100% accurate, and will be announced in an hour or so, the second leg US & Australian dates are 100% false. The second leg US tour will be announced in the next month, and the Australian tour later this summer.

Tim

Chicago, Grand Rapids, Cleveland for me.........all with only one day off work.

MMJ is a perfect match for an opener.
Are all of these places within driving distance of each other?
I'll be doing Cleveland and Detroit on this leg.Grand Rapids would be an option if the Michigan shows were back to back, but with Cleveland sandwiched between them (which is where I reside) it unfortunately does not make sense. Grand Rapids is alot farther away from Cleve than Detroit is, I think about double the distance.

GR to Cleve ~ 4.5 hrs.

Det to Cleve ~ 2 hrs, maybe 2.5.

I'll hit up a few more on the next leg. I know they'll do Pitt and probably Columbus, or maybe I'll head south for a few.

I wish they would have at least given the venues/cities of the next leg, that way people could plan it out easier.

I'll be doing Cleveland and Detroit on this leg.Grand Rapids would be an option if the Michigan shows were back to back, but with Cleveland sandwiched between them (which is where I reside) it unfortunately does not make sense. Grand Rapids is alot farther away from Cleve than Detroit is, I think about double the distance.

GR to Cleve ~ 4.5 hrs.

I'll hit up a few more on the next leg. I know they'll do Pitt and probably Columbus, or maybe I'll head south for a few.

I wish they would have at least given the venues/cities of the next leg, that way people could plan it out easier.
I agree completely. Unfortunately, I won't be able to hit up any of the first leg shows b/c there is no weekend where there are 2 back to back shows that are close to each other.

Got my Chicago tics today thru the fan club. Grand Rapids is about 3-3.5 from Chicago, Cleveland another 3.5-4 away from there. About 6 hours from Cleveland to get back home.

GR to Cleve ~ 4.5 hrs.

Certainly not confirmed (except for 1st leg) but here's what's been posted on a lot of sites, same source that had leg 1 before it was released...1st leg Confirmed

9 May Toronto Ontario Air Canada Centre

10 May Toronto Ontario Air Canada Centre

12 May Albany New York Pepsi Arena

13 May Hartford Connecticut New England Dodge Music Arena

16 May Chicago Illinois United Center

19 May Grand Rapids Michigan Van Andel Arena

20 May Cleveland Ohio Quicken Loans Arena

22 May Detroit Michigan Palace of Auburn Hills

24 May Boston Massachusetts TD Banknorth Garden

27 May Philadelphia Pennsylvania Tweeter Waterfront

30 May Washington DC Verizon Center (formerly MCI Center)

1 Jun E. Rutherford New Jersey Continental Airlines Arena

3 Jun E. Rutherford New Jersey Continental Airlines Arena

2nd leg

24 Jun George Washington Gorge Amphitheater

27 Jun Portland Oregon

29 Jun Mountain View California Shoreline Amphitheater

30 Jun Devore California Glen Helen Blockbuster Pavillion

1 Jul San Diego California Sports Arena

3 Jul Los Angeles California Greek Theatre

4 Jul Los Angeles California Greek Theatre

6 Jul Las Vegas Nevada MGM Grand Arena

8 Jul Phoenix Arizona Cricket Pavillion

10 Jul Dallas Texas Smirnoff Music Center

11 Jul Houston Texas Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion

13 Jul Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Bonner Springs Kansas

15 Jul East Troy Wisconsin Alpine Valley

16 Jul East Troy Wisconsin Alpine Valley

18 Jul St Louis Missouri Savvis Center

20 Jul Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Post Gazette Pavillion

22 Jul New York New York Madison Square Garden

23 Jul New York New York Madison Square Garden

25 Jul Buffalo New York HSBC Arena

3rd Leg:

08 Aug West Palm Beach Florida Coral Sky Amphitheater

09 Aug West Palm Beach Florida Coral Sky Amphitheater

11 Aug Atlanta Georgia Phillips Arena

12 Aug Raleigh North Carolina Walnut Creek Amphitheater

14 Aug Virginia Beach Virginia Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

15 Aug Knoxville Tennessee Thompson Boling Arena

17 Aug Memphis Tennessee FedEx Forum

19 Aug Cincinnati Ohio Riverbend Amphitheater

20 Aug Indianapolis Indiana Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

22 Aug St Louis Missouri Riverport Ampitheater

23 Aug Minneapolis Minnesota Target Center

25 Aug Des Moines Iowa Wells Fargo Arena

26 Aug Tulsa Oklahoma Tulsa Arena

28 Aug Morrison Colorado Red Rocks Amphitheater

29 Aug Morrison Colorado Red Rocks Amphitheater

01 Sep Salt Lake City Utah Usana Amphitheater

03 Sep Missoula Montana Grizzly Stadium

05 Sep Spokane Washington Spokane Arena

06 Sep Boise Idaho Taco Bell Arena

08 Sep George Washington The Gorge

09 Sep George Washington The Gorge

11 Sep Vancouver British Columbia BC Place

13 Sep Seattle Washington Key Arena

14 Sep Seattle Washington Key Arena

GR to Cleve ~ 4.5 hrs.

Certainly not confirmed (except for 1st leg) but here's what's been posted on a lot of sites, same source that had leg 1 before it was released...11 Aug Atlanta Georgia Phillips Arena

17 Aug Memphis Tennessee FedEx Forum
Man I hope these are correct. ATL on a Friday night AND Memphis show. :pickle:

Don't trust the second or third leg stuff.
Why?
It's all rumors. Contrary to the previous poster, these dates did not come from the source who broke the first leg dates (one day in advance mind you). There are a lot of people on the internet that love to make #### up for fun. It will probably be several weeks before we get dates on the second and third legs. As an example, the Alpine Valley dates have been flat out denied by the venue itself. Be patient, we'll know soon enough.

True. I believe we'll definitely get some shows (it amazes me how so many people on the PJ message boards think the band is going to skip the entire south).

I'm not real confidant on a Memphis show though.
That board is the biggest bunch of dumb ****s I have ever seen. They were last in Memphis in 2000, right? I have that boot.

True. I believe we'll definitely get some shows (it amazes me how so many people on the PJ message boards think the band is going to skip the entire south).

That board is the biggest bunch of dumb ****s I have ever seen. They were last in Memphis in 2000, right? I have that boot.
I think that's right. This tour will be my first time to see them live.I liked them (like everyone else) when Ten came out, but by the time of Vitalogy my interest in them had faded. It wasn't until about a year or two ago that I "discovered" them again and realized how much I do like pretty much everything they've put out. Now they are probably my favorite group of all and I'm really looking forward to seeing them in concert. :thumbup:

Wait... I just PMed you about that PJ show.. I believe their first Memphis show was in 94..... Opened with release. I am not sure about a 2000 show... Hrmmm

]

Wait... I just PMed you about that PJ show.. I believe their first Memphis show was in 94..... Opened with release. I am not sure about a 2000 show... Hrmmm
I only knew about the 2000 show because I saw the bootleg of it on Amazon today.

I agree. That place makes the FFA look normal.

I only knew about the 2000 show because I saw the bootleg of it on Amazon today.
Yeah, that was when they first decided to release every single live show they did. PM me if you are interested in any of them. Or you can check here to download some live Pearl Jam shows via torrent.

Users who are viewing this thread