What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pearl Jam Thread*** (1 Viewer)

*Dirty Frank was originally on the set list, apparently, but Eddie called an audible at the end of the first set, and they ripped into a powerhouse version of Why Go
Are you ####### serious?
It was definitely on the set list...Not sure if Why Go specifically replaced it, but prior to WG was the only audible I saw Eddie make...
Wow, that sucks. LOVE that song. I actually asked for it on here right before I left for the show. Too bad we all couldn't hang out. I was pretty bombed off of those $1 Bud Lights prior to the show. :kicksrock:

####, Dirty Frank would have been a lot better than Why Go!

Great summary as well TU. Forgot about "That's somebody's daughter" :mellow:

*NO ONE has more fun playing guitar than Mike McCready...He was bopping around, dogn his twirls, his had motions to the fans, everything...Dynamic yet goofy stage presence
My dad mentioned that to Mike after the show actually. Something along the lines of "Mike, i had know idea you were like that when you were performing live! You're so normal when we talk..." and Mike replying,"Yeah, when I get on stage I'm a completely different person. I let it all hang out when I'm playing for an audience."I thought it might have been because he was loaded but my Dad said that Mike seemed sober when they talked after the show.Oh, and, yes! Eddie's girlfriend is hot. Like a young Barbara Hershey or something. The daughter is very shy too..

*NO ONE has more fun playing guitar than Mike McCready...He was bopping around, dogn his twirls, his had motions to the fans, everything...Dynamic yet goofy stage presence
My dad mentioned that to Mike after the show actually. Something along the lines of "Mike, i had know idea you were like that when you were performing live! You're so normal when we talk..." and Mike replying,"Yeah, when I get on stage I'm a completely different person. I let it all hang out when I'm playing for an audience."I thought it might have been because he was loaded but my Dad said that Mike seemed sober when they talked after the show.Oh, and, yes! Eddie's girlfriend is hot. Like a young Barbara Hershey or something. The daughter is very shy too..
Mike is in recovery for drug and alcohol abuse so I'm sure he was sober...

Not sure if this has been talked about, but Vedder did the entire soundtrack to the upcoming Sean Penn directed film Into the Wild. You can listen to the track "Hard Sun" here (direct link to MP3). Its a cover of a track from an obscure band called Indio.

Not sure if this has been talked about, but Vedder did the entire soundtrack to the upcoming Sean Penn directed film Into the Wild. You can listen to the track "Hard Sun" here (direct link to MP3). Its a cover of a track from an obscure band called Indio.
Wow this song is increadible. Great illustration of Vedder's voice. Would love to hear this live.

Go versus Animal...which do you prefer?

I say Go.

Just one of the many long lasting debates among my local buddies.

Go versus Animal...which do you prefer?I say Go.Just one of the many long lasting debates among my local buddies.
While both showcase Jeff Ament's considerable skills as a bassist, I'm going with Animal. I remember hearing it for the first time during the '93 VMAs and remembered how excited I was to hear new material. Go had already been released as a single by then, but there was something about seeing them perform Animal that has stuck with me.

Wow this song is increadible. Great illustration of Vedder's voice. Would love to hear this live.
Link's not workin.

So I come into work today, and my co-worker IM's me..."did you hear that Pearl Jam is breaking up?".

My heart stops for a second, maybe two, then I think about who told me and they were probably misinformed. Checked a few sites and I didn't see anything. She said she heard the tail part of whatever was being talked about on the radio, but maybe the guy was making a prediction, not stating a fact.

:unsure:

So I come into work today, and my co-worker IM's me..."did you hear that Pearl Jam is breaking up?".My heart stops for a second, maybe two, then I think about who told me and they were probably misinformed. Checked a few sites and I didn't see anything. She said she heard the tail part of whatever was being talked about on the radio, but maybe the guy was making a prediction, not stating a fact. :yes:
:lmao: go post this on the PJ message board. The thread will hit 30 pages in under an hour.

So I come into work today, and my co-worker IM's me..."did you hear that Pearl Jam is breaking up?".My heart stops for a second, maybe two, then I think about who told me and they were probably misinformed. Checked a few sites and I didn't see anything. She said she heard the tail part of whatever was being talked about on the radio, but maybe the guy was making a prediction, not stating a fact. :yes:
Apparently Jim Breuer has soe XM mornig show and he's been saying this for a week or so...Citing anonymous sources...There was at least one thread at the Message Pit about it, and the site admins essentially came out and said it was nonsense...

Link's not workin.
They must have taken the link down. The song can be streamed here.

Link's not workin.
Awesome song! Thanks for the link. I can't wait for that soundtrack to come out.

Link's not workin.
Here's a link to it...320kbps mp3 version

Go versus Animal...which do you prefer?I say Go.Just one of the many long lasting debates among my local buddies.
While both showcase Jeff Ament's considerable skills as a bassist, I'm going with Animal. I remember hearing it for the first time during the '93 VMAs and remembered how excited I was to hear new material. Go had already been released as a single by then, but there was something about seeing them perform Animal that has stuck with me.
I remember that. Then Neil Young came out for a version of Rockin' In The Free World with PJ. I was on a cruise when that aired, so I'd set the old VCR to tape it. When I got home and watched it, I almost fell over. I think I watched that ~10 min. segment 1,000 times (literally.) I still have it.

Link's not workin.
Just wanted to bump for those who might have missed this. Lyrics are increadible.....the soundtrack will have 12 songs from Ed. Looks like a pretty good movie too.

I just discovered a couple of other pieces of news related to Pearl Jam.

Eddie makes a cameo in the new Judd Aptow's film "Walk Hard." Also it looks like Eddie will be covering a Bob Dylan song on a Bob Dylan movie soundtrack.

Article

Tiger Fan said:
Link's not workin.
Just wanted to bump for those who might have missed this. Lyrics are increadible.....the soundtrack will have 12 songs from Ed. Looks like a pretty good movie too.
Eddie didn't write Hard Sun..Gordon Peterson of indie band Indio did...

Only released one album, I've heard good things, but it is OOP...

Big anniversary day in PJ history...

16th anniversary of the release of Ten and the 11th anniversary of the release of No Code...

In honor of this momentus occasion I will be spinning nothing but PJ all day at work (not that I don't normally)...

Big anniversary day in PJ history...

16th anniversary of the release of Ten and the 11th anniversary of the release of No Code...

In honor of this momentus occasion I will be spinning nothing but PJ all day at work (not that I don't normally)...
same here usually. my only decision a lot of days is should I listen to studio, live or a mix of both.

From The Army Reserve:

"if you pre-order Ed's upcoming solo album, Into The Wild, from Itunes or Starbucks, your copy will include 4 bonus tracks: No More, Photographs, Here’s To The State Of George W. (live), No More (live)"

Looks like Ed (with Flea and Jack Irons) will be at Bridge School

Does two acoustic gigs in our hometown mean that we're sick of the studio again? Nah . . . not really . . . but we are honored that we have been invited to appear at the annual Bridge School Benefit concerts. Held on October 27 and 28, 2007 at Shoreline Ampitheatre in Mountain View, CA, this will be our second time participating in the all acoustic shows, and the 21st year that the benefit has been held in the Bay Area.

As usual, the line-up is stellar and we're looking forward to seeing Tom Waits, Eddie Vedder (with Flea & Jack Irons), John Mayer, of course Neil Young, and others perform those days. Tickets are on sale this Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 10:00 AM and for more details, please see the official press release below.

Started by Neil and Peggy Young, the Bridge School is a non-profit organization assisting individuals with severe speech and physical impairments achieve full participation in their communities and is an internationally recognized leader in the education of children who use augmentative and alternative communication. The annual benefit concerts provide the majority of the funding for the school's operation. For more information, check out http://www.bridgeschool.org/

There will be a special ticket pre-sale for Fan Club members only on Saturday, September 8 at 10:00 AM PST. The Club has held a very limited number of tickets that will be available in the 200 section of Shoreline Ampitheatre (map here). The Bridge School organizers hold the 100 section seats, and if you are interested in lawn tickets, please go to the general public on-sale on Sunday, September 9 at 10:00 AM PST.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: In order to purchase Met Club pre-sale tickets through Ticketmaster you will need a password. That password will be posted on the Met Club tour page just before the pre-sale begins, so you will need to obtain it there first. We'll give you a link directly to the pre-sale in the tickets section of the MetClub tour page, where you will enter the password and proceed with your purchase.

We're looking forward to seeing some of you Clubbers out at Shoreline in October!

P.S. - There is no meet and greet scheduled at this time.

Finally caught this tonight. :excited:

Finally caught this tonight. :excited:
Thbis whole album is gong to be awesome...I've heard 4 songs so far, and they are great...

Really looking forward to this film and this album..

Finally caught this tonight. :clap:
Thbis whole album is gong to be awesome...I've heard 4 songs so far, and they are great...
It's OK. Sounds... unfinished to me.

Looks like Ed (with Flea and Jack Irons) will be at Bridge School

Does two acoustic gigs in our hometown mean that we're sick of the studio again? Nah . . . not really . . . but we are honored that we have been invited to appear at the annual Bridge School Benefit concerts. Held on October 27 and 28, 2007 at Shoreline Ampitheatre in Mountain View, CA, this will be our second time participating in the all acoustic shows, and the 21st year that the benefit has been held in the Bay Area.

As usual, the line-up is stellar and we're looking forward to seeing Tom Waits, Eddie Vedder (with Flea & Jack Irons), John Mayer, of course Neil Young, and others perform those days. Tickets are on sale this Sunday, September 9, 2007 at 10:00 AM and for more details, please see the official press release below.

Started by Neil and Peggy Young, the Bridge School is a non-profit organization assisting individuals with severe speech and physical impairments achieve full participation in their communities and is an internationally recognized leader in the education of children who use augmentative and alternative communication. The annual benefit concerts provide the majority of the funding for the school's operation. For more information, check out http://www.bridgeschool.org/

There will be a special ticket pre-sale for Fan Club members only on Saturday, September 8 at 10:00 AM PST. The Club has held a very limited number of tickets that will be available in the 200 section of Shoreline Ampitheatre (map here). The Bridge School organizers hold the 100 section seats, and if you are interested in lawn tickets, please go to the general public on-sale on Sunday, September 9 at 10:00 AM PST.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: In order to purchase Met Club pre-sale tickets through Ticketmaster you will need a password. That password will be posted on the Met Club tour page just before the pre-sale begins, so you will need to obtain it there first. We'll give you a link directly to the pre-sale in the tickets section of the MetClub tour page, where you will enter the password and proceed with your purchase.

We're looking forward to seeing some of you Clubbers out at Shoreline in October!

P.S. - There is no meet and greet scheduled at this time.
I hit the Bridge School Benefit almost every year. It doesn't matter who's playing, that is just a great two days of music. Great vibe, great cause, great city nearby, diverse mix of music, and even the people are cool...everything about it. Probably the best two days of music in America. Highly recommend it to anyone. make a trip of it some time, and you will return. yes.gif I can't believe more people don't know about it (aside from those in Norcal). That said, not sure I'll be able to make it this year. The lineup doesn't inspire me personally (although it'd still be a blast), especially Metallica. Just never could get into them.And yeah, noticed the music tonight on MNF. :yes:

the Into the Wild soundtrack is good stuff :thumbup: I just wish he would have made some the songs a little longer.

really liking Far Behind and Society.

Last edited by a moderator:
:pickle:Got my "Immagine In Cornice" DVD in the mail today. :banned:
Watched the DVD and it is awesome--I liked the song choices and the performances. The quality of the picture is fantastic. The bits in between songs are pretty interesting and well done. There was not enough of Stone, Matt & Jeff in those, but overall it's a great movie. I love how while the majority of the crowd is non-English speaking, but they know all the words to the songs. Good stuff. :o

the Into the Wild soundtrack is good stuff :goodposting: I just wish he would have made some the songs a little longer.really liking Far Behind and Society.
I really dig the soundtrack as well. I too would like to see some of the songs longer, but I do think them being so short in a way adds something to them. The first two songs are both under 2 minutes, but I think they are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread