What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL Rutgers thread** (4-8) and new AD and new coach on the way (2 Viewers)

It's looking like not quite the same passing attack they had with Halliday and I know the new kid is battling injury but looks like he's going to be okay to go...that said, given the green secondary it should still be a challenge. RU will rely on the ground game to control the clock and protect the ball. I'm not sold on Laviano over Rettig but reading between the lines it just seems like Laviano has a stronger grasp of the playbook at this point, but it will be interesting to see if Flood gives Rettig some time as well.

Kansas is the gold standard in football suckiness.

One of the Illini forums was discussing how bad things have gotten for us and Kansas people basically came in with statistical analysis backing how much worse off they are...

Rutgers ain't there....yet.

-QG

Nice comeback win @Indiana

Down 25 and come back on the road without your star WR who missed the 4th.

Carroo 7 157 and 3TDs

Kid is good.
He says he will be playing next week

Next week is when (1) Ohio State rolls into town.

Schiano, chapter 2?
I don't think so. He seems to be most interested in staying in Florida with eyes on the Miami job. I'm not sure if he views a place like Virginia above Rutgers if that doesn't pan out. He is going to want control and I'm not sure if Rutgers new AD is in any position to give that to him, although there is a key guy in the admin (Greg Brown) who is his boy and would give him as much unofficial power as he could.

I wasn't much of a Schiano fan but I would take him back because at least the program would have an identity again and he'd be able to hold his own recruiting against the monsters in our division. I'd just be more accepting of what his ceiling is, and be prepared for another revolving door of OCs.

I think Cristobal is the best choice among the realistic candidates and would prefer him over someone like Golden. I like the potential of Fleck but I'm not quite sure of his ability to learn on the job going up against Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio every year.

The new AD is speaking like there is more money available than originally thought so we'll see if someone else emerges.

Schiano, chapter 2?
I don't think so. He seems to be most interested in staying in Florida with eyes on the Miami job. I'm not sure if he views a place like Virginia above Rutgers if that doesn't pan out. He is going to want control and I'm not sure if Rutgers new AD is in any position to give that to him, although there is a key guy in the admin (Greg Brown) who is his boy and would give him as much unofficial power as he could.

I wasn't much of a Schiano fan but I would take him back because at least the program would have an identity again and he'd be able to hold his own recruiting against the monsters in our division. I'd just be more accepting of what his ceiling is, and be prepared for another revolving door of OCs.

I think Cristobal is the best choice among the realistic candidates and would prefer him over someone like Golden. I like the potential of Fleck but I'm not quite sure of his ability to learn on the job going up against Meyer, Harbaugh, and Dantonio every year.

The new AD is speaking like there is more money available than originally thought so we'll see if someone else emerges.
With you on Schiano.

Also kind of think the new AD may wanna go with someone.....quiet?

With little to no attention attached?

Someone who becomes a side story for Rutgers as opposed to headline news?

I could be wrong btu lots of bad press around Rutgers the last few seasons.

Schiano, chapter 2?

With you on Schiano.

Also kind of think the new AD may wanna go with someone.....quiet?

With little to no attention attached?

Someone who becomes a side story for Rutgers as opposed to headline news?

I could be wrong btu lots of bad press around Rutgers the last few seasons.
I think safe is the better word than quiet. It seems pretty clear that they want someone who has been a HC before, someone who knows how to run a program and can eliminate the distractions, focus on keeping the players disciplined, and basically avoid all the issues that seemingly have popped up (and will pop up once this internal investigation is complete) under Flood. The type of #### that happens when you promote a failed OL coach to the HC job which turns into a B1G job a year later...someone who's not completely in over their head.

Now, with the issues in the AD and the lack of real money for a few more years, they won't be able to play it safe in terms of getting someone who has very high odds of being successful but I think they'd be very happy to have a low ceiling/high floor type guy after these last few years. I think if there was more political capital available, they'd take a gamble on someone like Fleck who at the very least will work like hell and recruit very well and maybe he turns into a coach who can come close to measuring up to the competition. But there have plenty of rumors about his personal life which I can see them avoiding the potential risk of for the reasons you stated.

He definitely impressed me during his press conference today. Who knows what level of success he'll actually have but you can tell, unlike his predecessor, he's a ####### football coach.

If he can avoid the urge to call professors and ask them to change his player's grades it would be a good start...

Mind your own business, #######s.

Bad enough we got dragged into the whole "but you got to play Rutgers" during the CFP final spots debate.

Users who are viewing this thread