What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL WINNER thread (1 Viewer)

Everyone hates this team and fan base.
Great teams are hated. I have no problem with that.
No, they're actually respected.

After watching you shoot your mouth of all last year you still haven't learned. When you disappeared like a coward after your Squacks got bounced out of the playoffs you would think you would have done some soul-searching and not been so insufferable.

It's going to be fun this year watching you crash and burn again. Hopefully, you'll disappear for good this time.

I'll leave you with this gem to remind you of the last Squack fan who shot their mouth off.

Last edited by a moderator:

After watching you shoot your mouth of all last year you still haven't learned. When you disappeared like a coward after your Squacks got bounced out of the playoffs you would think you would have done some soul-searching and not been so insufferable.

It's going to be fun this year watching you crash and burn again. Hopefully, you'll disappear for good this time.

I'll leave you with this gem to remind you of the last Squack fan who shot their mouth off.
Who died and left you in charge? You sound like the biggest %^&*@! in here. Seahawk fans are regarded as insufferable just because you say so? Get a life.

Who died and left you in charge? You sound like the biggest %^&*@! in here. Seahawk fans are regarded as insufferable just because you say so? Get a life.
Well, if I had known it took someone to second the motion, I'd have cleared my schedule to make sure I was available.

I second the "Squawks are insufferable" motion.

Well, if I had known it took someone to second the motion, I'd have cleared my schedule to make sure I was available.

Clear your schedule? Who's gonna cover your shift at the " Ram Rod "

I'm not a Seahawks fan in the least. But, Carroll/Schneider have something special brewing with this team. They will be dominant for years to come

I'm not a Seahawks fan in the least. But, Carroll/Schneider have something special brewing with this team. They will be dominant for years to come
I was skeptical when they brought Carrol and Co. in, not anymore. they have set themselves up pretty good to take a serious run at a championship.

Oh, the team is gonna be great for a bit. Once they have to pay Wilson and some of the later round draft picks, they'll have a job in front of them. But for now, the team is looking good. Nobody is saying they aren't.

Seahawk fans just -think- people say the team isn't great because the fans are going off the rails.

How do you feel about people hating mediocre fanbases?
How in god's name is a fan base mediocre? And even so, who the F cares about a fanbase? I think it's rather obvious that you're pissed off, why else would you be in a forum dedicated to talking about the SEahawks? Either you don't have a life or you're mad bro, very mad.

I've been a fan since 78, yup I'm showing my age. It's been a long road with many ups and downs. I was pretty deflated after losing to Pittsburgh in 2006, the refs decided that loss for us but here we are in 2013 with an exciting young team and the future looks bright.

To all the haters out there, let the fans have their say we've waiting a very long time to have such a great team with an awesome fan base.

GO HAWKS GO!!

Huh?

Oh.. ohhh... aaaaahhhhhh!!!!! A homo-erotic jab. Got it!!! I always need to have those explained to me.

I also need to have it explained to me how so many people have those kinds of jokes right at the ready. Think it says more about the joker than the joke-ee.

Oh, the team is gonna be great for a bit. Once they have to pay Wilson and some of the later round draft picks, they'll have a job in front of them. But for now, the team is looking good. Nobody is saying they aren't.

Seahawk fans just -think- people say the team isn't great because the fans are going off the rails.
This seems more like a wish than anything else. Let's be honest, you HOPE they are going to run into trouble. The truth is that Pete Carrol has show himself to be a very good coach, mostly by taking the opposite position of the people who "know" like all the draft analysts. The truth about teams is, especially in the NFL where great talent is plentiful, and the difference between players is much smaller than other leagues, usually if you find a great coach and GM, the team stays on top for a while, a long while. Patriots come to mind, Packers since they got Rodgers, the Giants --sure they have their off years, but overall they keep restacking their teams and making run after run after run. The Seahawks may or may not be a damn good team for the next decade, but you sure don't know the answer today. If you're putting odds on it, if they can keep this management, it's a good chance the Hawks will stay in the top echelon for some time.

The Seahawks look good but they've never won anything. A little humility and caution might be in order.
The fans never win or lose anything, they are not involved in the process. So asking for humility

Huh?

Oh.. ohhh... aaaaahhhhhh!!!!! A homo-erotic jab. Got it!!! I always need to have those explained to me.

I also need to have it explained to me how so many people have those kinds of jokes right at the ready. Think it says more about the joker than the joke-ee.
Oh god, not this....let me guess, you're going to claim someone is racist or homophobic....how original...so desperate and sad.

Huh?

I also need to have it explained to me how so many people have those kinds of jokes right at the ready. Think it says more about the joker than the joke-ee
Weakest retort ever... teabag in the ocean kinda weak

Please stop, it's crap like this that has brought these message boards down to an all time low, this used to be a great fantasy site but I'm sick and tired of reading these rants on just about every post.

This seems more like a wish than anything else. Let's be honest, you HOPE they are going to run into trouble. The truth is that Pete Carrol has show himself to be a very good coach, mostly by taking the opposite position of the people who "know" like all the draft analysts. The truth about teams is, especially in the NFL where great talent is plentiful, and the difference between players is much smaller than other leagues, usually if you find a great coach and GM, the team stays on top for a while, a long while. Patriots come to mind, Packers since they got Rodgers, the Giants --sure they have their off years, but overall they keep restacking their teams and making run after run after run. The Seahawks may or may not be a damn good team for the next decade, but you sure don't know the answer today. If you're putting odds on it, if they can keep this management, it's a good chance the Hawks will stay in the top echelon for some time.
Take a moment... and separate the two parts of my response.

Comments about the team? Fairly reasoned I thought. Didn't say -the team- would go off the rails. Just said that for the short term at least, they are set up. After that, it'll take a bit less coasting. If they keep having drafts like they've had, they'll do fine. If they keep having free agent classes like this one, they'll struggle. But it's like you said... for now, they're sitting pretty.

Comments about going off the rails? That was the fans I was talking about. Not the team. And in my experience (of which you are now a part), there is no other fanbase less capable of making that distinction than Squawk fans. Maybe it's the Magic Flagpole that tells them they're special.

Huh?

I also need to have it explained to me how so many people have those kinds of jokes right at the ready. Think it says more about the joker than the joke-ee
Weakest retort ever... teabag in the ocean kinda weak
Having seen your body of work up to this point, I will consider the source of that criticism and weight it accordingly.

Oh god, not this....let me guess, you're going to claim someone is racist or homophobic....how original...so desperate and sad.
Lots of people are. But that's neither here nor there in this case. My comment was just....

.... well, rather than explain it, let me have another crack at it. Mulligan? Thanks.

Glad to see you can get a wifi signal in your closet.

Comments about the team? Fairly reasoned I thought. Didn't say -the team- would go off the rails. Just said that for the short term at least, they are set up. After that, it'll take a bit less coasting. If they keep having drafts like they've had, they'll do fine. If they keep having free agent classes like this one, they'll struggle. But it's like you said... for now, they're sitting pretty.

Comments about going off the rails? That was the fans I was talking about. Not the team. And in my experience (of which you are now a part), there is no other fanbase less capable of making that distinction than Squawk fans. Maybe it's the Magic Flagpole that tells them they're special.
Your post didn't say much except insult Seahawk fans via "squawk" fans, lol...if anyone needs work in the future, it's not the Seahawks but rather your retorts. If you dislike a team because they are good, that's one thing, if you dislike their fans because you're jealous they have a great team they are following, that's another thing --but BRING IT! Come with something interesting and entertaining. A 2 year old could easily come up with a more creative dialog.

Please stop, it's crap like this that has brought these message boards down to an all time low, this used to be a great fantasy site but I'm sick and tired of reading these rants on just about every post.
Exactly!

Back to discussing Seattle and superbowl aspirations people

Lots of people are. But that's neither here nor there in this case. My comment was just....

.... well, rather than explain it, let me have another crack at it. Mulligan? Thanks.

???

My home isn't made of concrete

Besides I'm not in the closet, I'm in your sisters underwear

Your post didn't say much except insult Seahawk fans via "squawk" fans, lol...if anyone needs work in the future, it's not the Seahawks but rather your retorts. If you dislike a team because they are good, that's one thing, if you dislike their fans because you're jealous they have a great team they are following, that's another thing --but BRING IT! Come with something interesting and entertaining. A 2 year old could easily come up with a more creative dialog.
I'll go off the board and take the option where I dislike the fanbase because they are the most passive-aggressive, validation-seeking, band of martyrs of any team in any sport. Sweet mother of Richard Simmons, -LIVERPOOL- fans think you guys need to take a deep breath. You guys have gone from invisible to insufferable in twelve short months in a way that doesn't resemble any other fanbase I've seen that has suddenly struck it rich.

Tell yourself whatever you need in order to sleep at night... but much of this has nothing to do with the team. It has everything to do with the way you guys carry yourselves. We've all seen fans of teams that have hit a hot streak or had a great year or two... and it's not looked like anything you guys are doing. You just can't see it because you're too close to it. Forest-for-the-trees.

???

Five different responses I started put up... and I have to keep deleting them because I am unfamiliar with the line where I get banned.

When you played tee-ball growing up, you were the tee, weren't you?

I think 90% of what I've learned on the board this season is that the most active Seattle posters on FBG dedicate most of their times on the boards either (a) trolling SF fans in threads about their team - even if it means they have to make the thread themselves, and (b) boasting about their teams greatness/perfection and waging childish internet war on anyone that doesn't like it or says something to the contrary.

The other 10% of what I've learned was FF relevant.

I think 90% of what I've learned on the board this season is that the most active Seattle posters on FBG dedicate most of their times on the boards either (a) trolling SF fans in threads about their team - even if it means they have to make the thread themselves, and (b) boasting about their teams greatness/perfection and waging childish internet war on anyone that doesn't like it or says something to the contrary.

Give that man a cupie doll.

???

Five different responses I started put up... and I have to keep deleting them because I am unfamiliar with the line where I get banned.

If ur twelve yrs old then I appologise. If ur not then... whats wrong with you? What am I missing here?

So you basically came here to slag Seahawk fans?

I'll go off the board and take the option where I dislike the fanbase because they are the most passive-aggressive, validation-seeking, band of martyrs of any team in any sport. Sweet mother of Richard Simmons, -LIVERPOOL- fans think you guys need to take a deep breath. You guys have gone from invisible to insufferable in twelve short months in a way that doesn't resemble any other fanbase I've seen that has suddenly struck it rich.

Tell yourself whatever you need in order to sleep at night... but much of this has nothing to do with the team. It has everything to do with the way you guys carry yourselves. We've all seen fans of teams that have hit a hot streak or had a great year or two... and it's not looked like anything you guys are doing. You just can't see it because you're too close to it. Forest-for-the-trees.
You hate Seahawk fans we get it. let us make fools of ourselves and go away then. Win win for you and us

Seattle is a fine sports town, its a shame that the franchise that won the one and only major championship in this cities illustrious sporting history now resides in a different city.

So you basically came here to slag Seahawk fans?
At this point of the night I've been to most of the threads on the front page, so I dropped in to this one. So no, I didn't come here with the intent to "slag" Seahawks fans.

I made the post as a general observation that I believe is a main cause of these boards becoming less useful and enjoyable for everyone this season. Finally, I wasn't addressing Seahawks fans. I was addressing the vocal minority like yourself that give them a bad name on these boards and elsewhere.

???

If ur twelve yrs old then I appologise. If ur not then... whats wrong with you? What am I missing here?
What are you missing? Let's see....

EDITOR'S NOTE: posts have been stripped of their trappings and

"You're a gay stripper"

"You're doing what other people have done"

"What you said wasn't funny"

"I missed the joke, and I'm doing your sister"

"You're twelve."

So what are you missing?

* A sense of humor. (And let me preempt you. To quote "When Harry Met Sally": Everyone thinks they have good taste and a sense of humor, but they couldn't possibly have them or there wouldn't be bad taste or a bad sense of humor.)

* Originality.

* The ability/willingness to address a point

* The ability to say pretty much anything without resorting to the "Fisher Price *My First Internet Insults* Playset" (BTW, if you still have the box, you can get a decent price for that on eBay... but I see you're still using yours)

And that's just what I can glean about you from this short and painfully unpleasant encounter on the internet. I'm fairly certain if I met you face to face, the list would eat up the bandwidth here and cause this forum to become a subscribers-only forum so FBG could afford the extra servers it'd take.

Users who are viewing this thread