What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL WINNER thread (1 Viewer)

Everyone hates this team and fan base.
Great teams are hated. I have no problem with that.
Nailed it.

The Seahawks are no longer laughable. They're top dogs and other fans that aren't used to it, can't accept it so they throw insults at their fans
Nobody cares. But when people start popping up acting like sixth grade malcontents over a professional sports team they have nothing to do with, that's kind of absurd and gets noticed.

No, they're actually respected.

After watching you shoot your mouth of all last year you still haven't learned. When you disappeared like a coward after your Squacks got bounced out of the playoffs you would think you would have done some soul-searching and not been so insufferable.

It's going to be fun this year watching you crash and burn again. Hopefully, you'll disappear for good this time.

I'll leave you with this gem to remind you of the last Squack fan who shot their mouth off.
Who died and left you in charge? You sound like the biggest %^&*@! in here. Seahawk fans are regarded as insufferable just because you say so? Get a life.
:lmao:

You do realize I was responding to IBS, right? No, actually you don't, which makes your post even funnier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually enjoy watching the team and love how well spoken Russel Wilson is. Its certain fans on this message board that bring it to irritation level.

The Seahawks have a team which is fun to watch. They are playing a fun brand of hardnosed football. They are young and appear set for some time. I wish them well. I do wonder if they have the mentality to handle success or sustained success. I wonder if they will individually overvalue themselves and start demanding new contracts. I wonder if they will tire of Carroll being front and center and will want more attention and glory directed their way? I wonder if Carroll has the program under control or whether there is fire behind all the steroid and HGH smoke.

Sometimes handling success is more difficult than handling failure. Regardless, they are a powerful team and are fun to watch right now. I'll choose to watch them over many other options. I wish them well against all comers except against my hometown team.

I actually enjoy watching the team and love how well spoken Russel Wilson is. Its certain fans on this message board that bring it to irritation level.
Not saying that it is the case here but:

Urban Dictionary: well spoken

The surprise some white people feel when a black person has a clear, articulate, and socially acceptable accent and way of speaking.

Not saying that it is the case here but:

Urban Dictionary: well spoken

The surprise some white people feel when a black person has a clear, articulate, and socially acceptable accent and way of speaking.
Right pull the racist card, because I was clearly implying only black QBs have this problem.

If only Seahawks fans posted to this thread they'd give 3 cheers and it would sink to the bottom of the shark pool. It may have been made to amuse them, but it only persists because of everyone else here.

How do you feel about people hating mediocre fanbases?
How in god's name is a fan base mediocre? And even so, who the F cares about a fanbase? I think it's rather obvious that you're pissed off, why else would you be in a forum dedicated to talking about the SEahawks? Either you don't have a life or you're mad bro, very mad.
in my best Richard Sherman voice: "You mad bro?". So many haters... and very many distraught niner fans in this thread... The more hating, the better we are, so keep it up it only fuels the fire.

I think that it's unfair that all Seahawk fans keep getting lumped in with the vocal minority. The only reason these threads keep getting written is because other people feed into it and go nuts. A part of you has to know that they keep sucking you in to argue. Some of this stuff is quite funny though, and I am guessing a few of you were drunk and posting last night.

:banned:

Every fan base has it's share of insufferable fans (except maybe the Jags)...I don't think Seattle fans are any better or worse than most fan bases out there.

I like most of their players and enjoy watching them play. Them and the Broncos seem to be the teams to beat right now.

give us a break - we've suffered through decades of mediocrity, mismanagement, heartbreak, and unrealized potential. Mariners won 118 games but got bounced in the playoffs and are now perennial losers, Sonics made the NBA championship in the 90's but are now in OK City, Seahawks made the superbowl but couldn't finish it out and got old quick, The Sounders contend but can't get over the hump. Sadly, we can only claim a winner in the WBNA - we're desperately searching for a legitimate winner. Please excuse the over-the-top-ness of our fanbase but it's hard for us not to jump into this thing with both feet, arms, toes, fingers...

go hawks!

Every fan base has it's share of insufferable fans (except maybe the Jags)...I don't think Seattle fans are any better or worse than most fan bases out there.

I like most of their players and enjoy watching them play. Them and the Broncos seem to be the teams to beat right now.
While I agree with you that every fan base has tons of insuffferable fans and just as many completely normal and great fans. I think the Seahawks fans are becoming similar to the Eagles fans... they're in that camp of "Your team has never actually don't anything even remotely close to relevant yet somehow you've crowned them the next great dynasty".

Eagles fans did this back during the 2000-2004 stretch and we saw what happened there, absolutely nothing.

Seahawks fans have been doing it since last year and this year it's getting even worse. And when they don't win the Super Bowl this season, next season will be even worse and so on.

Until there are photos of Russell Wilson holding the Lombardi Trophy above his head and confetti streaming down around him. This team is nothing more than a good team and the fans should take a step back and re-evaluate the Super Bowl Championship license plate covers they're already putting in pre-orders on. Because, they've never done it... Pete Carroll has never done it... hell none of these players have ever done it.

I'm not saying they won't win the Super Bowl, they were my pick to win it this season since midway through last year. I'm just saying the fan base needs to step back, take a deep breath and realize... you're nothing yet. This isn't the 2001-2008 Patriots, 2007 - 2012 Giants, 1983-1990 49ers where there's reasons to be cocky and excited. This is the 2000-2004 Eagles or the 1988-1993 Bills. Where there's reason for optimism but YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT YET and still may never get over the hump to do it.

If you can get Pete Carroll and his oh so ##### slapable mug to stop coming five yards out onto the field after every play to whine about the inconsequential, well than I can enjoy the team for what it is, one which plays an effective and hard-hitting brand of football.

Oh, if you all could give the 12th man thing a rest that would help too. You did not invent it, you have not perfected it, what you did do is construct your stadium to amplify noise, that is in essence just obnoxious. Not Denver Bronco Fans chanting in-com-plete- played out and obnoxious, but obnoxious.

This is the 2000-2004 Eagles or the 1988-1993 Bills. Where there's reason for optimism but YOU HAVEN'T DONE IT YET and still may never get over the hump to do it.
This isn't even close to that. This is a team that finished last year tied for 8th and didn't improve noticeably.

I'm afraid a thread that "hates" on the seahawks will only serve to validate for the fans that this thread was intended to mock that they've truly arrived. No need to fan the flames here.

Ditkaless Wonders said:
If you can get Pete Carroll and his oh so ##### slapable mug to stop coming five yards out onto the field after every play to whine about the inconsequential, well than I can enjoy the team for what it is, one which plays an effective and hard-hitting brand of football.

Oh, if you all could give the 12th man thing a rest that would help too. You did not invent it, you have not perfected it, what you did do is construct your stadium to amplify noise, that is in essence just obnoxious. Not Denver Bronco Fans chanting in-com-plete- played out and obnoxious, but obnoxious.
This is such an ignorant attempt to discredit Seattle fans and the effect they have on gameday. Sure the stadium is designed to funnel noise back onto the field, but it's still an outdoor stadium. Yes, the loudest outdoor stadium in the league but there is only one reason CLink gets louder than the domes(which no noise can escape) and it is the Seahawks fans. If you put this Seattle crowd in the old Kingdome, they would have hit 140 db at the SF game.

I think it's funny that a lot of stadiums need to have videos educating their fans of when to be quiet and when to make noise.

Nailed it.

The Seahawks are no longer laughable. They're top dogs and other fans that aren't used to it, can't accept it so they throw insults at their fans
Nobody cares. But when people start popping up acting like sixth grade malcontents over a professional sports team they have nothing to do with, that's kind of absurd and gets noticed.
Seattle is playing its best football in franchise history. They have they're best chance to finally win it all. Many Seahawk fans are having some fun with it. Try not to let it get to you so much. Go enjoy your own team

I cants stand to hear Dallas be called America's team. I don't go into Cowboy threads and whine about it like a w. a n k e r though

Stay Classy SF...

While Colin Kaepernick and Frank Gore talked with the hosts of “Thursday Night Football” on the field where they just beat the Rams, rowdy 49ers fans behind the TV cameras were heard shouting “Seahawks suck! Seahawks suck!”

QB Kaepernick was talking on set about his team’s effort the past two weeks to recover from their two-loss slump, when the fans — who yelled throughout the live postgame broadcast — let it be known what they think of the Hawks.

Since the Seahawks thrashed the Niners 29-3 at CenturyLink Field on Sept. 15, fans have been bickering. The 49ers fans who made noise about the 12th Man’s “unsportsmanlike” crowd roar didn’t help, and others have denied that a Seahawks-49ers rivalry even exists.

Bleacher Report

Nailed it.

Seattle is playing its best football in franchise history. They have they're best chance to finally win it all. Many Seahawk fans are having some fun with it. Try not to let it get to you so much. Go enjoy your own team

I cants stand to hear Dallas be called America's team. I don't go into Cowboy threads and whine about it like a w. a n k e r though
If Squack fans don't want others to comment about it, don't start ridiculous threads declaring yourself Superbowl Champs - something they've NEVER done. Have a little respect, dignity and humility.

Maybe this will help.

Hey OP, great thread!

This is the NFL son. While the hawks looks very solid, they are a few key injuries away from being just another team. It's the 4th ####### week!

Nice little start for a fanbase clearly desperate for validation, but it's increasingly clear they're going nowhere with that QB. :shrug:

I actually like the way the Seahawks play and hope they go far, but even the Patriots had to win before they were hated. This says a lot about some of the Hawk fans
As a Seahawks fan, these threads are painful. As a fanbase we just need to shut the #### up and enjoy the ride since there are no guarantees in this game and we haven't won anything yet.

For the record the "You Mad" or you "You Mad Bro" shtick wasn't started by Sherman. It feels dirty when you do quote him on it, it is like ITS saying "Winning is everything" and then other people in the pool saying too quote ITS winning is everything.

For the record the "You Mad" or you "You Mad Bro" shtick wasn't started by Sherman. It feels dirty when you do quote him on it, it is like ITS saying "Winning is everything" and then other people in the pool saying too quote ITS winning is everything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjUsu2-QMQ - that 2003 interview is generally regarded as having started the "U Mad" meme.
I remember the meme from well before that game. Actually, I don't even know if that's even what Sherm said to Brady. I was at a memorial service that day and never really followed up on it. He has though, embraced it and has added his own oddly phrased nuggets. Especially "I'm better at life than you" to Skip Bayless. I'm not a fan of Sherm's antics, but if there's ever a non-political figure to say that to, it's a turd-nugget like Bayless.

Wow - so 2 lucky wins on the road against 2 mediocre teams thanks to gifts (DeAngelo fumble and dumb int by Schaub). Yeah Superbowl champs for sure....call me when Shortie can actually throw the ball

im done with seahawks thread.
:goodposting:

I'm a lifetime Seahawk fan. I've seen every snap of every Seattle game since the franchise came into existence. You probably won't find someone here that knows more about the history of the team or more about the current team. That said, I dread the tone of posts that surround my team. I would love to have a rational football discussion now and then, but too many doooshbags have made that nearly impossible here. I would rather spend my time at the Fieldgulls site. The majority of fans that post there don't allow the nimrods to drag everything into chest thumping ego-positioning schtick.

iQuit

Wow - so 2 lucky wins on the road against 2 mediocre teams thanks to gifts (DeAngelo fumble and dumb int by Schaub). Yeah Superbowl champs for sure....call me when Shortie can actually throw the ball
This post is ignorant on so many levels. Did you actually watch either of these games dude? I guess that's what great defensive plays are called now "gifts".

What a tool.

Users who are viewing this thread