What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL WINNER thread (2 Viewers)

I guess Bruce Irvin was one of the first people in the doors today when the VMAC opened up. Great news for hawk fans. Im really excited to see him in his new role. :hifive:
Another big test on the road this week. I never expected much out Seattle in 10am starts in the past so back to back road wins could be a huge statement. I'll be up at 6am this week :suds:

Wandered into this thread as a Denver fan.

Nice to see reasonable Hawks' fans in here. I'd stayed away because... well, nevermind. Anyway, I'm usually pretty reasonable when it comes to the Broncos and their expectations. This year, though, I'm on board. I am a bit confused though, as to how a Seattle fan could justify their team being the "1" in the 1-2 rankings of teams in the NFL.

Is the amount that Seattle's D is better than the Broncos' D enough to cover the amount that the Bronco's O is better than Seattle's? Take into account that in a few weeks the Broncos get back one of the best defensive players in the league so the gap between the two Ds will lessen a bit.

Does Seattle worry me, as a Bronco fan? Sure. Hell, the entire rest of the season worries me. The playoffs worry me. A lot worries me. I'm a worried type of guy. But, if I was a betting man, I'd bet on Denver. It's been a LONG time since I've said that.

I wish I didn't have to say this, but it's the nature of forums - please don't attack or think that I'm attacking you. I'm sincerely wondering if a die hard Seattle fan thinks they would beat Denver more than 4 times out of 10. If so, why? Is your defense that transcendent in your opinion? Do you think your offense could score 30+ to keep pace with Denver's? Or do you think you'd hold them to 20 or below? Etc.

I'd take the Broncos to win 7 out of 10 against the Hawks if I had to put money down. Seattle fans, am I way off on that? Close? Why? How do you see us (the Broncos)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Bruce Irvin was one of the first people in the doors today when the VMAC opened up. Great news for hawk fans. Im really excited to see him in his new role. :hifive:
Another big test on the road this week. I never expected much out Seattle in 10am starts in the past so back to back road wins could be a huge statement. I'll be up at 6am this week :suds:
I figured we may be 2-2 after the first 4 games when the season started. 4-0 is awesome and their abilitiy to win at 10am/on the road shows the team is growing.

Wandered into this thread as a Denver fan.

Nice to see reasonable Hawks' fans in here. I'd stayed away because... well, nevermind. Anyway, I'm usually pretty reasonable when it comes to the Broncos and their expectations. This year, though, I'm on board. I am a bit confused though, as to how a Seattle fan could justify their team being the "1" in the 1-2 rankings of teams in the NFL.

Is the amount that Seattle's D is better than the Broncos' D enough to cover the amount that the Bronco's O is better than Seattle's? Take into account that in a few weeks the Broncos get back one of the best defensive players in the league so the gap between the two Ds will lessen a bit.

Does Seattle worry me, as a Bronco fan? Sure. Hell, the entire rest of the season worries me. The playoffs worry me. A lot worries me. I'm a worried type of guy. But, if I was a betting man, I'd bet on Denver. It's been a LONG time since I've said that.

I wish I didn't have to say this, but it's the nature of forums - please don't attack or think that I'm attacking you. I'm sincerely wondering if a die hard Seattle fan thinks they would beat Denver more than 4 times out of 10. If so, why? Is your defense that transcendent in your opinion? Do you think your offense could score 30+ to keep pace with Denver's? Or do you think you'd hold them to 20 or below? Etc.

I'd take the Broncos to win 7 out of 10 against the Hawks if I had to put money down. Seattle fans, am I way off on that? Close? Why? How do you see us (the Broncos)?
I don't really care. There are 15 games left before the Seahawks and the Broncos would play each other. There are a lot of things we don't know now that we'll know then, players who will get hurt, players who will come back from getting hurt, and the teams will likely look very different than we'd guess. If they played this week in Denver, I'd definitely pick Denver. If they played this week in Seattle, I'd definitely pick Seattle. If they play in a few months in NJ, I have no idea who I'd pick. There's a long season left.

Power rankings are a dumb thing to argue over. I don't really care about the Broncos, other than they're really good and I'm glad they're not on the schedule for the Hawks this year.

Well, I didn't read the entire thread. Like I said, just wandered in. Since the thread was titled in all caps "Seahawks Super Bowl Winner Thread" I assumed it was about Seattle fans thinking they would win the Super Bowl this year. It seems a bit sensitive here.

I'll just mosey along... :kicksrock:

I think most Seahawks fans don't feel we've seen our real team take the field yet, since the defense has been short of key players all season. Last week they were down three offensive linemen and started backups up front against Watt and Cushing, and the results were about what any team would expect in those circumstances. What Wilson was able to do in the second half with monsters roaming freely in the backfield was encouraging. With Irvin returning we will finallly see what our defense is really worth, but in games so far without him and guys we consider to be studs, they've been pretty stout, so this Indy game will give us a better idea of the team's full capabilities for the remainder of the season. With the entire defense on the field, it would be interesting to see how they handle Manning and Co. There is also the return of Harvin on the horizon which will bring another wrinkle to their offense, adding a dimension we've not yet seen.

I wouldn't take the Broncos to win 4 of 10 games in Seattle, but on a neutral field they would appear pretty evenly matched, though I give the edge to Denver. I expect to see a better pass rush to put more pressure on the QB moving forward, which Manning's quick release would contend with better than other QBs in the league. However, the Seahawks secondary doesn't offer many holes to exploit, so the Broncos' arsenal of receiving weapons would face a particulaly difficult test that we haven't had the opportunity to see yet. Manning's inability to throw interceptions would be a problem for the Seahawks, but I would expect the Seahawks to steal at least one from him most games, as they did in the preseason. I thought Manning looked sharp against the Seahawks in the preseason, but it's hardly an indicator of how they would match up in regular season contest. If the game were played 10 times on a neutral field, it would be possible to hold the Broncos under 20 points a couple times, but I would take the over on that 10 out of 10 times and expect to come out money ahead. As for the Seahawks scoring 30, I'd take the under.

I don't believe that the Broncos could adequately derail the Seahawks running game on a consistent basis or rattle Wilson sufficiently to force a lot of mistakes. So far the Broncos look bulletproof, but as the season winds on, it will be interesting to see how they handle injuries. The Seahawks have already tested their depth and seasoned it with signicant regular season experience, and it appears that moving forward they are more likely to improve with a cohesive unit than to improvise with whatever they can scrape off their bench.

Eyes on Indy, let's see what this defense is really worth.

Well, I didn't read the entire thread. Like I said, just wandered in. Since the thread was titled in all caps "Seahawks Super Bowl Winner Thread" I assumed it was about Seattle fans thinking they would win the Super Bowl this year. It seems a bit sensitive here.

The thread was started by a non-Seattle fan. He's throwing bait out there hoping to piss off another tool creating some form of entertainment. Its largely directed at one specific fan that he knows will swallow the bait. Both will eventually try to convince the other they are being fished.

The thread was started by a non-Seattle fan. He's throwing bait out there hoping to piss off another tool creating some form of entertainment. Its largely directed at one specific fan that he knows will swallow the bait. Both will eventually try to convince the other they are being fished.
Is it working?

As a long suffering Viking fan I reserve the right to be a complete ahole if they are ever good again. :kicksrock:

So whoop it up Hawk fans...... While you can.

I appoligize for my brethren. I enjoy different a different point of view and enjoyed your commentary fwiw. Great having fans of other teams in a conversation. :thumbup:

I appoligize for my brethren. I enjoy different a different point of view and enjoyed your commentary fwiw. Great having fans of other teams in a conversation. :thumbup:
:lmao:

Thanks for the great response Pain Train. That satisfies my curiosity as to what you guys are thinking on the other side of the fence.

Also thanks for the heads up, Hooper. I don't want any part of the drama. I'll exit stage left now...

I am throwing New Orleans into this conversation but I am not arrogant enough to start a thread about it. Lets just say the perception that they are not a good road team is a bit undeserved.

Sean Payton's Saints are 31 wins to 18 loses on the road under his tenure thats .632% That's tremendous in today's NFL. The home record is 35-16 regular season .686% but they win by much higher blow out scores at home. A win is a win however. This coming game against the Bears at Soldier Field will tell me a whole lot about my teams post season chances. They are not without issues they need to address (O Line, running game) but I think they improve in that area a bit with each passing game. Also the defense is playing lights out but what folks don't realize is that there are 6 starters out on that side of the ball. 3 wont be back this season. The Saints are driven to right some unjust wrongs that were placed upon them last season which was stolen from them in the year they hosted the Superbowl. I don't think there is another team in the NFL that wants to face them right now including your Seahawks.

mad sweeney said:
Hooper31 said:
Hoss Style said:

Is it working?
Seems like it. Getting a good dose of Jack Burton does make the thread pretty neat though.

Is the original poster a Packers fan?

I don't think there is another team in the NFL that wants to face them right now including your Seahawks.
The Saints certainly have some tough road games ahead, and are at the very least legit contenders to take the NFC. I think the Bears are sneaky good and it could be a real statement game for the Saints if they get it done, especially if they can hand it to the Pats in Foxborough too. You may feel confident about winning on the road, but you may be selling the Seahawks a little short if you think they don't feel confident about facing the Saints at home on a Monday night late in the season when their complete defense will take the field and Percy Harvin has a few games under his belt. I actually think the late season addition of Harvin could be a blessing since it will add a wrinkle to their offense that they can keep under wraps for a late season push with limited film available on the changes to their gameplan that he will likely bring.

Although the Seahawks started last season 1-5 on the road, since then they have since gone 5-1, losing only to the Falcons in the playoffs, and I'll quietly remind you that they haven't lost at home since 2011. I'm not saying the Saints can't win there, it looks like their most difficult home game on the schedule, but I don't think anyone would be surprised to see the Saints have a very difficult time laying it to the Seahawks in prime time at the Clink.

Obviously every NFL and major college team has many good and d-bag fans, and there's no "correct" team for which to root. But over the years, I have found it striking how quickly it seems that many of the "12th man" fans become so smug and annoying when encountering a brief stretches of success. Seattle and Texas A&M pretty much define "also-ran" in the long term, especially in comparison to the teams of which they so desperately want to be regarded as rivals.

This just in

http://www.theonion.com/articles/seahawks-to-seattle-fans-shut-the-####-up,34967/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default

:lmao: I guess this is what happens when a team is feared and their fans are passionate. The 12th Man has also now been featured in 2 prominent commercials(Beats by Dre and Duracell).

I'm enjoying the #### out of this ride.

:lmao: I guess this is what happens when a team is feared and their fans are passionate. The 12th Man has also now been featured in 2 prominent commercials(Beats by Dre and Duracell).

I'm enjoying the #### out of this ride.
Passionate <> Insufferable blowhards.

Honestly, I think they've got it locked up. I anticipate a huge blowout at home against SF, not even a close game. Russell Wilson will be firing on all cylinders & Lynch will run for 150. I think they score at least 21 on defense and special teams too. Prob a 52-10 kinda game.

I'll update for the Super Bowl later.

It's too bad they failed the 2012 Draft:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1165320-2012-nfl-draft-grades-power-ranking-teams-that-failed-on-draft-day

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks

After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.

Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

Grade: F

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1165320-2012-nfl-draft-grades-power-ranking-teams-that-failed-on-draft-day

After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.

Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.

As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

If you are citing the Bleacher Report for anything you are not doing it right.

If you are citing the Bleacher Report for anything you are not doing it right.
Was easily the consensus that Seattle had the worst draft in 2012. Nearly every national writer made the same claim. The only one I remember defending their draft was Cosell, and he got blasted by others for his heresy.

Congratulations to the long suffering Seahawks fans. Looks like you are going to do it. One less team with an empty trophy case.

To see a defense absolutely shut down a offense like this with the way defenses are handcuffed today is pretty amazing.

Congratulations Seattle! You deserve it. Your city has suffered long enough in terms of sports- way to come up huge in the biggest game.

As a Cleveland homer it's heartening to see you guys win.

Congrats Seahawks fan, glads to see some of you handle a great win with class. As always some will be insufferable but thats to be expected from some who do not have class.

Seahawks fans, I just wanted to send a note of congratulations to you guys. Really happy for you. I love the way the Seahawks play, it is great old school defense and tight disciplined running, passing and blocking with some super talented players who play together as a team. And great fans who help their team win.

Needless to say I'm also happy the NFC and expansion franchises everywhere were well represented, way to go.

I hope you guys are just sauntering in from a kickass night of partying.

Enjoy that Lombardi. Hopefully we see you next year in the Dome.

Users who are viewing this thread