What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Landon's comments

=============

Donovan, who is returning for the remainder of the 2016 season, said initially, he had been asked to return to the Galaxy as a joke, amid a slew of injuries among the attacking corps and the recent departure of midfielder Nigel de Jong.

"I reminded them that I haven’t played a meaningful soccer game in almost two years and I certainly couldn’t fill the holes left by those players," Donovan wrote in his Facebook statement.

"Over the ensuing days, I began to think about their inquiries and it struck me that perhaps this is something I should consider," he continued. "I care so deeply about the Galaxy organization, and I believe I could help in a small way to aid the team in its quest for a 6th MLS championship. Further, the opportunity to have my son Talon on the field with me after a game was a feeling that I would never be able to replicate."

Donovan also spoke to Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena about his role with the team this season.

"We both agreed that if this was going to happen, the expectations would be minimal and he would use me in situations that made sense for the team."

The six-time MLS Cup winner also had a message for fans in his statement.

"I thank you all for your unwavering support. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate each and every one of you. I’ve been fortunate to lead an incredible life, and I can’t wait to be on the field again and hear your cheers."

Last edited by a moderator:
NYCelt said:
Old Firm, Manchester Derby, and my kids travel game away all the same time.  Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? 
Same boat - I'll be on the road, driving to a tournament Saturday morning when the Old Firm and Manchester derby kick off.  Having kids sucks so hard, what a terrible mistake that was. 

NYCelt said:
Old Firm, Manchester Derby, and my kids travel game away all the same time.  Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? 

Same boat - I'll be on the road, driving to a tournament Saturday morning when the Old Firm and Manchester derby kick off.  Having kids sucks so hard, what a terrible mistake that was. 
My sister just had her first kid so (f'n kids :rant: )I have to drive to So Cal, planning on leaving at kick off so I can at least listen to the game as I drive.

My sister just had her first kid so (f'n kids :rant: )I have to drive to So Cal, planning on leaving at kick off so I can at least listen to the game as I drive.
leaving at 445 am?  Damn that should get you major points with the sister!

If you are going by Knotts Berry Farm give me a waive!

I have a 7 year old.  Her game isnt until 12:30 but the damn Derby is at 4:45 AM!!!

:devil:

leaving at 445 am?  Damn that should get you major points with the sister!

If you are going by Knotts Berry Farm give me a waive!

I have a 7 year old.  Her game isnt until 12:30 but the damn Derby is at 4:45 AM!!!

:devil:
well I hate traffic so I figure roll into Seal about 1030 and visit with the baby, take a nap and then  proceed to get kafka'd for the evening. Knotts you say, hmmm I love me some ayce Korean bbq at a place over there.

well I hate traffic so I figure roll into Seal about 1030 and visit with the baby, take a nap and then  proceed to get kafka'd for the evening. Knotts you say, hmmm I love me some ayce Korean bbq at a place over there.
makes perfect sense.  Cant get Kafka'd myself this weekend.  Did the last 2 and I need a break. haha

So "wank" and "%^&*@!" aren't swear words. Huh.

Edit: Apparently w@nker is and that's what appears. :lmao:  

makes perfect sense.  Cant get Kafka'd myself this weekend.  Did the last 2 and I need a break. haha
You both are doing it wrong, you fanny gits.

Ronaldinho is weighing up offers from the United States as he considers one final move in his playing career.

The 36-year-old has been without a club since he left Fluminense last September.

His brother, who also acts as his agent, said in March that his next destination will either be Major League Soccer or the Chinese League. 

Lots of fun stats today from reddit

*Hertha Berlin has won 2 games to start the Bundesliga season for the first time ever

*Real Madrid has won 15 straight league games, equalling their record they set way back in 1960/61

*The Zlatan's 4 goals in his first 4 games matches RVP and Saha as the best start ever for goals after 4 games in Man U history

*One of the 65 pro's named Dembele's scored the first Old Firm hat trick since 1966

*Joel Pohjanoalo subs in at the 71st minute for Leverkusen and scores a hat trick to help Leverkusen win 3-1

* Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forrest will feature the first time in history two previous European Champions meet in non top division league match.

* In the game between Dundee United and Dunfermline, Dunfermline was awarded an amazing 3 pk's in the first 30 minutes.  Even more amazing, the Dundee keeper saved all 3 :)    Some where in Thailand, there is a gangster smashing his head against a wall in wondering why he spent so much money to pay off the ref :)

I went to the Revs NYCFC game tonight in Foxboro.  I think it might be the last time I see Pirlo or Lampard play live.

Fittingly Lampard, for what must be the 500th time in his career, made a late run into the box and simply put one in the net from close range.

The Revs decided to show up for once though this season and that was the lone bright moment for NYCFC  as the Revs dominated the game.

Hopefully some of this play for the Revs can carry over to the US Open Cup Final on Tuesday night when they play Dallas for a ticket into next years CCL.

Users who are viewing this thread