What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (6 Viewers)

JaxBill said:
@Transferzone00: 🚨 Juventus want to do a direct swap deal with Tottenham. Weston McKennie 🇺🇲 to Spurs, whilst Tanguy Ndombele 🇫🇷 goes in the other direction. #Juve #THFC 

(via @tuttosport🌓)

Juve has lost their marbles. Not really sure I trust Tuttosport though 

gianmarco said:
Right, I know why Tottenham would want to.  I don't know why Juve would unless there's something going on we don't know about.

Now here's one that makes sense for both clubs 

According to the English outlet Daily Star, the Rossoneri have set their sights on Bernardo Silva, who wants to leave Man City this summer. The idea in mind is a paid two-year loan with an obligation to buy included.

The loan fee would be around €17.5m, while the obligation would take the total amount up to around €53m. In other words, it would be a significant investment that certainly wouldn’t be in line with the rest of Milan’s signings in recent years.

On other hand, Bernardo Silva is a very good player and would add a lot to the Rossoneri squad. The rumour is yet to be confirmed by Italian media, though, so we will have to wait and see.

Can you put me down for AFC Richmond also?  TIA.

"Heavy is the Head that Wears the Visor"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the commentary for ESPN improves a bit, but it is just so clear how little La Liga they have watched recently. Also how little they care about pronouncing names correctly.

Hopefully the commentary for ESPN improves a bit, but it is just so clear how little La Liga they have watched recently. Also how little they care about pronouncing names correctly.
They just cared about getting the rights. At least with Serie A they had people who knew the league cover it. Already think Paramount coverage is way better with the pre and post match and HT stuff. Marco Messina has been an absolute joy on TV. Pretty sureal watching him as I've followed IFTV for awhile and just amazed how fast they've grown. 

Tammy Abraham In his Roma debut immediate impact. Gets Dragowski the keeper sent. off on a through ball he gets to before the keeper who mis times his tackle (To Tammy's credit he tried to hurdle and Drag's cleat caught his toe) and misjudges a ball his defender could get. 6 mins later he assists on the first goal of the match. Nicola Zanniola playing his first match in what seemed like over a year was sent to an early shower after a 2nd YC. Roma won 3-1 in the Special One and Abraham's debut. Honestly think he might be the best most impactful signing in Calcio this campaign and will surprise some fans and analyst Had another assist later on Vertout's goal 

This is a really interesting clip.  It shows a ref completely bottling an advantage call and realizing his mistake.  I like the demeanor of the players when they realize the refs knows he screwed up

https://streamable.com/8l5vtp
Sometimes all it takes is to admit the mistake, but to many refs won't when its that obvious and then they say something stupid which makes things worse.  Then they compound the issue by booking a player....

or so I've heard  :scared:

Ton of fire works in Serie A. A bunch of Red Cards. Ronaldo doesn't score celebrate a goal that was then disallowed and given a YC for taking his shot off, ton of PK's given. 

Brahim Diaz caps it off scoring the only goal vs Samp in a 1-0 win for Milan that could've been more. Mike Maigian was really good and Giroud played the whole match. 

Add this to the if you told me this a year ago I'd have laughed in your face and asked what drugs you are taking

@DailyStar_Sport

: Contractual agreement between Milan and #Bernardo Silva. Now the agreement with #ManchesterCity is missing. #Milan remain optimistic for a 2 year loan with an obligation to buy.

Few interesting tidbits:

PSG rejected Real bid for M'Bappe of nearly 200million bucks. Ouch.  I'd assume there will be another bid coming,.

CR7 is trying to posture for a spot at City if they can't land Kane.  Makes a lot of sense if you ask me, as Ronaldo's salary is ridiculous, City will have no issue paying it, but Juve is being stubborn and wants a transfer fee.  I really think City gets Kane, but this development is intriguing.

A little move that was made that is highly interesting (to me) is Delany moved from Dortmund to Sevilla.  Dortmund over the last year plus has lost the likes of Hummels, Sancho, and now Delaney. They brought in Malen, but that's a lot to lose and Haaland will not be there much longer.  Delaney was a very important player for them, I think that one is going to sting.

Wolfsburg has done a bunch of good business if you ask me in the Bundesliga.  Not that they are going to challenge for a title, but top 4 well within reach.  

I see MLS allstars are playing Liga MX allstars next week?  I don't know, but I saw Sambuenza was on the Mexican team, and immediately lost interest.  Will need to delve into this a bit more, but Mexican league just started, can't see how they can pick all stars.  Of course MLS picked the likes of Lampard and Gerrard and Pirlo I believe before they even played 2 games.  Dunno.

Few interesting tidbits:

PSG rejected Real bid for M'Bappe of nearly 200million bucks. Ouch.  I'd assume there will be another bid coming,.

CR7 is trying to posture for a spot at City if they can't land Kane.  Makes a lot of sense if you ask me, as Ronaldo's salary is ridiculous, City will have no issue paying it, but Juve is being stubborn and wants a transfer fee.  I really think City gets Kane, but this development is intriguing.

A little move that was made that is highly interesting (to me) is Delany moved from Dortmund to Sevilla.  Dortmund over the last year plus has lost the likes of Hummels, Sancho, and now Delaney. They brought in Malen, but that's a lot to lose and Haaland will not be there much longer.  Delaney was a very important player for them, I think that one is going to sting.

Wolfsburg has done a bunch of good business if you ask me in the Bundesliga.  Not that they are going to challenge for a title, but top 4 well within reach.  

I see MLS allstars are playing Liga MX allstars next week?  I don't know, but I saw Sambuenza was on the Mexican team, and immediately lost interest.  Will need to delve into this a bit more, but Mexican league just started, can't see how they can pick all stars.  Of course MLS picked the likes of Lampard and Gerrard and Pirlo I believe before they even played 2 games.  Dunno.

I heard CR7 was pushing for a PSG move if MBappe leaves. 

To Add to the McKennie rumors Matteo Bonetti when he interviewed Weston a year ago told him his dream was to play in the EPL. So it could be McKennie possible pushing for the move. 

Harry Kane@HKane ·10m

It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I've had in the last few weeks.

I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success. #COYS

Always loved this guy.  Spurs definitely finishing in the top-20 this year!

• Pot One: Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atlético Madrid, Villarreal, Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon, Lille
  • Pot Two: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund
Pot Two is stronger than Pot 1 in the CL draw tomorrow.  Not really any easy outs in Pot 2, but everyone will be hoping to be drawn with Villareal, Sporting Lisbon, Lille from Pot A.

Toughest possible Groups = some combo of...

Bayern/City/Chelsea + Liverpool/Real/Barca + Ajax/Leipzig + Milan/Wolfsburg

Could end up with a group where every team in the group has won 3+ CL titles.

• Pot One: Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atlético Madrid, Villarreal, Inter Milan, Sporting Lisbon, Lille
  • Pot Two: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain, Liverpool, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund
Pot Two is stronger than Pot 1 in the CL draw tomorrow.  Not really any easy outs in Pot 2, but everyone will be hoping to be drawn with Villareal, Sporting Lisbon, Lille from Pot A.

Donde estas AS Roma?

Portuguese journalist saying that Ronaldo to City is done 😬

Never heard of him, though apparently he also correctly called the Bruno Fernandes and Ruben Dias deals before they became official. 

Gonçalo Lopes

@_GoncaloLopes

19m

Ronaldo e Manchester City. Done deal

United and Liverpool both just want to avoid Bayern.  Not that the other 5 are easy but Bayern is easily the best group possibility either of them could face.

Portuguese journalist saying that Ronaldo to City is done 😬

Never heard of him, though apparently he also correctly called the Bruno Fernandes and Ruben Dias deals before they became official. 

Gonçalo Lopes

@_GoncaloLopes

19m

Ronaldo e Manchester City. Done deal

I don't like that deal for City and as a United fan I hate to see him in blue.  Was hoping he would go just about anywhere else.

First 3 pots drawn and no great stories so far - seems pretty well even.  I think United probably happy to be drawn into Group F, but Atalanta was probably one of the better teams in Pot 3.  Group G was always going to be a bit weaker I think due to Lille just not being considered a powerhouse team from Pot 1.

Who knows how good Barcelona or Real Madrid will be?  

Liverpool avoid all the big boys, but didn't end up with a great draw:  Liverpool, Atletico, Milan and Porto.

No easy group games for Liverpool this year.
Not too concerned, the travel is ok. I was mostly worried about Turkey, Moldova and Russia. Just a little boring, with AM last time, Porto the year before... I also wanted Malmo in group B for my mates to go see the Reds in their home town. Oh well.

As seen on Twitter: "Ole must have stolen Pep's cheat codes"

United draw better than City easily but I think Chelsea has the best draw of the four English sides.  Malmo is well, Malmo and Zenit is a tough away fixture just because of distance.  Villareal and Atalanta are quality sides.  United better not screw around like last year or they won't advance again.

Users who are viewing this thread