What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (2 Viewers)

I agree with Copeman. Coming in here and posting all that sucks about the show seems like a waste of time. I've assumed Marvin enjoys the show but kills time fishing because he does it in multiple tv show threads. If the show gets too unbelieveable, boring, unfunny, stagnant, or there's any other reason I don't like it I just stop watching. Wasting your time watching a show that only brings whiney complaints out of your mouth and then onto a message board is strange. Basically it seems like the show annoys/irritates most of you more than it brings relaxing downtime.
I enjoy it a great deal. But by the last episode of season 2 they had a chance for it to be a character piece on par with some of my favorites like breaking bad and rescue me. They chose a different direction, which is fine.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Last scene crossed the line. Go back to quality writing instead of shock TV.
Uhhh...I don't think there was ever any quality writing to go back to.
Between this and The Walking Dead, you sure love to watch shows you dis-like, huh? :mellow:
Why is there this discussion in just about every thread on TV shows?Yes, people watch shows that are flawed. The flaws are talking points. It doesn't mean people dislike the show. Just that they think it could be better. Unfortunately, with the way Sons has gone, the flaws are really the most interesting things to talk about.
Yeah Christo, I think we all understand that. But when someone admits to watching both shows, and posts NOTHING but the flaws, that's a bit odd dontchathink?
I doesn't seem like you do.

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
Between this and The Walking Dead, you sure love to watch shows you dis-like, huh? :mellow:
Why is there this discussion in just about every thread on TV shows?Yes, people watch shows that are flawed. The flaws are talking points. It doesn't mean people dislike the show. Just that they think it could be better. Unfortunately, with the way Sons has gone, the flaws are really the most interesting things to talk about.
Yeah Christo, I think we all understand that. But when someone admits to watching both shows, and posts NOTHING but the flaws, that's a bit odd dontchathink?
At least I can form proper sentences. :shrug:

'Marvin said:
'5Rings said:
At least I can form proper sentences. :shrug:
It's good to have something to hang your hat on. Way to aim high :thumbup:

Last night's episode was the best 46 minutes of television in the history of television (I should note that it took me 54 minutes to watch the episode. I had to pause it during the scene between Nero and Jax discussing Gemma since I couldn't see the screen through the tears).

Let's start with the writing. Anyone who ever wrote for The West Wing, The Sopranos, Lou Grant, or Mad Men should simply kill themselves after watching the latest episode of SOA. They need to understand the shame they have brought upon the profession of television writing. Compared to SOA everything else might as well be an episode of "She's the Sheriff".

The acting? I shouldn't even have to say but I will. I had to remind myself that I was not watching I, Claudius or Breaking Bad several times last night. Is there any ensemble cast that can ever live up to what we saw last night? I once had the good fortune of seeing Dustin Hoffman and John Malkovich in Death of a Salesman. The mere thought of that production now almost makes me vomit. After watching Theo Rossi and Kim Coates last night I have begun to question the casting choices made in the production of every movie and television show ever.

And has there ever been a better collection of action sequences in one place? I almost used the term "hyper-realistic" but then I caught myself and punched myself in the face for thinking such thoughts. SOA is super-ultra-hyper-realism. The Normandy Beach sequence in Saving Private Ryan looks like a Pokemon episode next to SOA. There were at least 3 occasions last night where my neighbors came to my door to ask me if I was OK thanks to my screaming.

Last but not least has there ever been a more dramatic or compelling cliff-hanger as what we saw last night? 'Who Shot J.R.?' Who gives a ####? Will Ross and Rachel ever get together (again)? Hopefully in hell. Who killed Laura Palmer? Probably Tara Teller because she's so bad-###.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night's episode was the best 46 minutes of television in the history of television (I should note that it took me 54 minutes to watch the episode. I had to pause it during the scene between Nero and Jax discussing Gemma since I couldn't see the screen through the tears). Let's start with the writing. Anyone who ever wrote for The West Wing, The Sopranos, Lou Grant, or Mad Men should simply kill themselves after watching the latest episode of SOA. They need to understand the shame they have brought upon the profession of television writing. Compared to SOA everything else might as well be an episode of "She's the Sheriff". The acting? I shouldn't even have to say but I will. I had to remind myself that I was not watching I, Claudius or Breaking Bad several times last night. Is there any ensemble cast that can ever live up to what we saw last night? I once had the good fortune of seeing Dustin Hoffman and John Malkovich in Death of a Salesman. The mere thought of that production now almost makes me vomit. After watching Theo Rossi and Kim Coates last night I have begun to question the casting choices made in the production of every movie and television show ever. And has there ever been a better collection of action sequences in one place? I almost used the term "hyper-realistic" but then I caught myself and punched myself in the face for thinking such thoughts. SOA is super-ultra-hyper-realism. The Normandy Beach sequence in Saving Private Ryan looks like a Pokemon episode next to SOA. There were at least 3 occasions last night where my neighbors came to my door to ask me if I was OK thanks to my screaming. Last but not least has there ever been a more dramatic or compelling cliff-hanger as what we saw last night? 'Who Shot J.R.?' Who gives a ####? Will Ross and Rachel ever get together (again)? Hopefully in hell. Who killed Laura Palmer? Probably Tara Teller because she's so bad-###.
What about the cinematography?

Last night's episode was the best 46 minutes of television in the history of television (I should note that it took me 54 minutes to watch the episode. I had to pause it during the scene between Nero and Jax discussing Gemma since I couldn't see the screen through the tears). Let's start with the writing. Anyone who ever wrote for The West Wing, The Sopranos, Lou Grant, or Mad Men should simply kill themselves after watching the latest episode of SOA. They need to understand the shame they have brought upon the profession of television writing. Compared to SOA everything else might as well be an episode of "She's the Sheriff". The acting? I shouldn't even have to say but I will. I had to remind myself that I was not watching I, Claudius or Breaking Bad several times last night. Is there any ensemble cast that can ever live up to what we saw last night? I once had the good fortune of seeing Dustin Hoffman and John Malkovich in Death of a Salesman. The mere thought of that production now almost makes me vomit. After watching Theo Rossi and Kim Coates last night I have begun to question the casting choices made in the production of every movie and television show ever. And has there ever been a better collection of action sequences in one place? I almost used the term "hyper-realistic" but then I caught myself and punched myself in the face for thinking such thoughts. SOA is super-ultra-hyper-realism. The Normandy Beach sequence in Saving Private Ryan looks like a Pokemon episode next to SOA. There were at least 3 occasions last night where my neighbors came to my door to ask me if I was OK thanks to my screaming. Last but not least has there ever been a more dramatic or compelling cliff-hanger as what we saw last night? 'Who Shot J.R.?' Who gives a ####? Will Ross and Rachel ever get together (again)? Hopefully in hell. Who killed Laura Palmer? Probably Tara Teller because she's so bad-###.
Sorry I was getting a little worked up reliving the episode and had to take a break. After the show was over I went over to my DVD collection and threw away my copies of Raging Bull, The Godfather, and Citizen Kane. They all look like 8mm home movies shot by a 9 year old colorblind kid with AD/HD now.

Sorry I was getting a little worked up reliving the episode and had to take a break. After the show was over I went over to my DVD collection and threw away my copies of Raging Bull, The Godfather, and Citizen Kane. They all look like 8mm home movies shot by a 9 year old colorblind kid with AD/HD now.
And the music montages?

And the music montages?
Now you're just mocking me.

All the passive agressive whining aside, this season is grating on the nerves. Gemma needs to die in more ways than one. On the plus side, Jimmy smits is more likable by the minute. I will check out though if at some point in this season he comes out to Jax with a "It was me all along" line where he was manipulating Clay because he cut him off on the freeway like 10 years ago or some such bull####.

Plus Juice, grow a ####### pair man. How did such a ##### get into a bike gang? Opie was the hardest biker in this gang and he died for it.

All the passive agressive whining aside, this season is grating on the nerves. Gemma needs to die in more ways than one. On the plus side, Jimmy smits is more likable by the minute. I will check out though if at some point in this season he comes out to Jax with a "It was me all along" line where he was manipulating Clay because he cut him off on the freeway like 10 years ago or some such bull####. Plus Juice, grow a ####### pair man. How did such a ##### get into a bike gang? Opie was the hardest biker in this gang and he died for it.
How can you die in more than one way?

Is Vegas any good?

I haven't been able to watch with this show and Parenthood on at the same time, I don't think I'm going to have that issue any longer.

'Good said:
'Insein said:
All the passive agressive whining aside, this season is grating on the nerves. Gemma needs to die in more ways than one. On the plus side, Jimmy smits is more likable by the minute. I will check out though if at some point in this season he comes out to Jax with a "It was me all along" line where he was manipulating Clay because he cut him off on the freeway like 10 years ago or some such bull####. Plus Juice, grow a ####### pair man. How did such a ##### get into a bike gang? Opie was the hardest biker in this gang and he died for it.
How can you die in more than one way?
Sutter can be creative.

Gemma needs to die? She's a central character on the show and drives the whole Jax/Clay thing.

Really some of you either need to check out of the series or stop complainning.

Something is up with Nero though I agree............

:lmao: at this show...finally caught up on the last two episodes last night. Wow, I'm so shocked. Clay was involved in the home invasions with the Nomads???? :shock:

'pollardsvision said:
Is Vegas any good?I haven't been able to watch with this show and Parenthood on at the same time, I don't think I'm going to have that issue any longer.
Vegas is okay. It really hasn't grabbed me but it has potential.

:lmao: at this show...finally caught up on the last two episodes last night. Wow, I'm so shocked. Clay was involved in the home invasions with the Nomads???? :shock:
To be fair, I think that's the only logical conclusion to come to once you know the Nomads are doing the home invasions, which we learned in episode 1.

First let's not crack on all the Canadians. I apologize for unleashing Celine Dion on the world and Nickelback makes girls drop their panties and bounce up and down.

Second Michael Bolton is Canadian, didn't know that. Sorry about thay one as well.

First let's not crack on all the Canadians. I apologize for unleashing Celine Dion on the world and Nickelback makes girls drop their panties and bounce up and down. Second Michael Bolton is Canadian, didn't know that. Sorry about thay one as well.
At least you gave us hockey and some hot women like Maryse (despite that she's a Frenchie)

Gemma needs to die? She's a central character on the show and drives the whole Jax/Clay thing.Really some of you either need to check out of the series or stop complainning.Something is up with Nero though I agree............
How is wanting Gemma to die complaining? She has been the main catalyst to all of these series of unfortunate events. Plus, I'm tired of her whoa is me attitude one minute and then "I'm a badass #####" the next.

Gemma needs to die? She's a central character on the show and drives the whole Jax/Clay thing.

How is wanting Gemma to die complaining? She has been the main catalyst to all of these series of unfortunate events. Plus, I'm tired of her whoa is me attitude one minute and then "I'm a badass #####" the next.
You know that this show is just make-believe, right?"Whoa is me." :lmao:

So why can't I make believe she dies in a fiery explosion?

Whoa.

I agree with Copeman. Coming in here and posting all that sucks about the show seems like a waste of time. I've assumed Marvin enjoys the show but kills time fishing because he does it in multiple tv show threads. If the show gets too unbelieveable, boring, unfunny, stagnant, or there's any other reason I don't like it I just stop watching. Wasting your time watching a show that only brings whiney complaints out of your mouth and then onto a message board is strange. Basically it seems like the show annoys/irritates most of you more than it brings relaxing downtime.
Now that I think about it...you guys are right. I'm sorry.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: i love youapologies to Thorn

Why am I watching this. :lmao:
Can the acting or writing in this show get any worse?!?! :lmao:
we haven't quite scraped bottom on the acting, yet. Tig is killing it post-daughters-death.
He was pretty shaken up for a few hours afterward.
in fairness to Tig, that cop really mussed up his jheri curl. that has a terrible effect on a man.
I remember this one time when I witnessed someone torch my child and then a few weeks later I saw one of my buddies get his skull caved in. Then the next week I had some delicious ice cream and ogled this dude with huge boobs. Hey, life is weird sometimes.

Why am I watching this. :lmao:
Can the acting or writing in this show get any worse?!?! :lmao:
we haven't quite scraped bottom on the acting, yet. Tig is killing it post-daughters-death.
He was pretty shaken up for a few hours afterward.
in fairness to Tig, that cop really mussed up his jheri curl. that has a terrible effect on a man.
I remember this one time when I witnessed someone torch my child and then a few weeks later I saw one of my buddies get his skull caved in. Then the next week I had some delicious ice cream and ogled this dude with huge boobs. Hey, life is weird sometimes.
don't i know it. my boobs get ogled all the time.

Less than 12 hours until this airs on the West Coast. I don't know if I've ever been as hyped up to see an episode of a TV show as I am today.

Not sure what Sutter has in store for us but I'm sure we can all agree that it will blow our minds. I tried to imagine what would happen on tonight's episode but had to stop after a vein in my temple started to rupture. My vision is blurred in my left eye but hopefully it will clear up by tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread