What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Starlink satellite internet (1 Viewer)

I have had Starlink since February of 2021. There have been very few issues. It has been a very solid, if expensive, internet solution for us in the sticks. Last year, T-mobile expanded their network into our area and offers their wi-fi internet at a 1/4 the cost of my Starlink. I did the free trial and the T-mobile service was very unreliable. Sticking with the more expensive Starlink for now.

I thought Starlink's top speed was in the 100-150Mbps range. Target is to eventually get to 1Gbps. The dish is still susceptible to weather. Great solution for rural areas.

So is it possible to mesh this?

My new house has an outbuilding about 30 feet from the house and would like to stream TV's out there?

Has anyone done this?

My new house has an outbuilding about 30 feet from the house and would like to stream TV's out there?

Has anyone done this?
I think it would work the same as it would for any gateway. You need 1 gateway to access the internet and you can network behind it as you see fit. For a dedicated link like that I would consider a cat5 run though... Do you have access to a conduit that runs underground? How does the outbuilding get power from your main panel? Does the outbuilding have a phone line?

Has anyone done this?
I think it would work the same as it would for any gateway. You need 1 gateway to access the internet and you can network behind it as you see fit. For a dedicated link like that I would consider a cat5 run though... Do you have access to a conduit that runs underground? How does the outbuilding get power from your main panel? Does the outbuilding have a phone line?
I’m not sure where the power runs underground, but I’ve been thinking about running cat 5. I can dig my own trench if necessary. I can also run it to the second outbuilding that is right next to the other one. They are about 10’ apart.

Has anyone done this?
I’m not sure where the power runs underground, but I’ve been thinking about running cat 5. I can dig my own trench if necessary. I can also run it to the second outbuilding that is right next to the other one. They are about 10’ apart.
This is what I would do. 1/2” pvc

Users who are viewing this thread