What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

was feeling pretty good from the rbs. willie parker, mcgahee, slaton and chester taylor. wrs blew and brees laid an egg. sitting at 116.8 points with only nick folk -6.

guess i should be happy that this is the furthest i have gotten.....

Genedoc said:
Nugget said:
Redmen62 said:
It's possible (but unlikely) that my experience is that unusual. But fwiw, this is over five different leagues and three different sites. So it's not just me and my seven friends, as you so politely suggested. I'm not saying this isn't potentially the rule in the majority of leagues, just that it's highly unlikely it's 90% based on my experiences. I'm not entirely sure why the OP's question resulted in such aggressive responses.
The problem is that he is calling the system flawed because he did not understand the rules. They system is not flawed. If QB's TD's scored for a single point, it would still not be flawed. Everyone plays by the same set of rules. This is not the first league that does not use return yards or points for an individual player.
Impressive. I thought I'd seen the worst logic possible on these boards, and you manage to trump it with the "If we're all playing by the same rules, they cannot be flawed" gem. One of those words apparently means something different than you think it means. I understand the rule perfectly, seeing as how I summarized it exactly in my original post. I didn't pay any attention to it before now because it hasn't mattered before now. It's flawed seeing as how the player scored a TD and it's not captured in the scoring. The fact that we're all playing by the same rules doesn't change or impact in any other way the fact that it's flawed.
Let me simplify it for you a bit more. Percy Harvin can score on a receiving TD, a rushing TD, or a passing TD. If one of those occur, and he is not credited, you would have a valid complaint. He is not credited for interceptions, safeties, or return TD's, as they were specified as team statistics. Player values would have likely been changed and the cost incresaed for players like Reggie Bush, DeSean Jackson, Josh Cribbs, Darren Sproles, and others who play a prominent role in the return game. Knowing your scoring system is part of fantasy football and your choice to disagree with the set up does not make it "flawed". HTH.

first cut scoring from TFS has the 8500 position at just over 112. still need to adjust for the negative yards and other inconsistencies. Betting that Turk's estimated 135 will be pretty close again this week.

tomarken said:
Genedoc said:
Impressive. I thought I'd seen the worst logic possible on these boards, and you manage to trump it with the "If we're all playing by the same rules, they cannot be flawed" gem. One of those words apparently means something different than you think it means. I understand the rule perfectly, seeing as how I summarized it exactly in my original post. I didn't pay any attention to it before now because it hasn't mattered before now. It's flawed seeing as how the player scored a TD and it's not captured in the scoring. The fact that we're all playing by the same rules doesn't change or impact in any other way the fact that it's flawed.
LOL at calling out "the worst possible logic". Your post is completely illogical. And why would you play without reading the rules first anyway?There's nothing flawed about it. And the 90% estimate posted above is probably pretty accurate. Very few leagues would score that TD for Harvin. Including the FBG contest, which you should have known.(And I'm a Harvin owner.)
In both of my leagues he got credit for it. They are both IDP. Are only 10% of leagues IDP?

tomarken said:
Genedoc said:
LOL at calling out "the worst possible logic". Your post is completely illogical. And why would you play without reading the rules first anyway?There's nothing flawed about it. And the 90% estimate posted above is probably pretty accurate. Very few leagues would score that TD for Harvin. Including the FBG contest, which you should have known.(And I'm a Harvin owner.)
I actually think the 90% estimate is low.

tomarken said:
Genedoc said:
In both of my leagues he got credit for it. They are both IDP. Are only 10% of leagues IDP?
Probably. I'd actually wager that fewer than 10% are IDP. In any case, the FBG Subscriber Contest isn't an IDP leauge, so to complain that Harvin wasn't credited for the return TD is dumb. Especially when the rules were posted at the beginning of August.

tomarken said:
Genedoc said:
LOL at calling out "the worst possible logic". Your post is completely illogical. And why would you play without reading the rules first anyway?There's nothing flawed about it. And the 90% estimate posted above is probably pretty accurate. Very few leagues would score that TD for Harvin. Including the FBG contest, which you should have known.

(And I'm a Harvin owner.)
Probably. I'd actually wager that fewer than 10% are IDP. In any case, the FBG Subscriber Contest isn't an IDP leauge, so to complain that Harvin wasn't credited for the return TD is dumb. Especially when the rules were posted at the beginning of August.
Exactly. If you didn't understand the rules, then its your own fault. I have probably played in 15 different leagues - I assume that is actually the low end for many of the people on this board. ALL of them had at least some unique aspect which made scoring different than the others.Man up and quit whining.

Harvin's TD would have counted in every league I've played in. Return yardage does not count but every TD does.
And that has what to do with the subscriber contest? Read the rules carefully. If you don't like them, don't play. I have Harvin in this contest too.

Harvin's TD would have counted in every league I've played in. Return yardage does not count but every TD does.
And that has what to do with the subscriber contest? Read the rules carefully. If you don't like them, don't play. I have Harvin in this contest too.
Relax sport. I never said I didn't like it.
Thanks, my blood pressure was going up there worried about how you feel about the scoring system. I am relaxed now.147 + Boldin/Clark/DeAngelo/Wells (-5.4) for the flex...See 8499 of you next week.

Brees not figuring for me today makes me realize how dependent I am on him to carry my team. I'll get by this week because Cassell didn't completely crap the bed, but spending so much on him and Royal is going to kill my squad soon. I'll go as far as my stud 2-TE set (Witten and Celek) take me.

35.25 QB - Aaron Rodgers - 27

15.25 QB - Carson Palmer - 21

0.40 QB - Byron Leftwich - 4

11.60 RB - Michael Turner - 41

15.50 RB - Ray Rice - 21

19.90 RB - Willie Parker - 16

5.70 RB - Leon Washington - 12

1.60 RB - James Davis - 2

WR - Anquan Boldin - 31

17.00 WR - Vincent Jackson - 21

9.10 WR - Percy Harvin - 5

0.00 WR - Bobby Engram - 3

0.00 WR - Robert Meachem - 3

0.00 WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey - 2

4.70 TE - Zach Miller - 12

28.40 TE - Brent Celek - 7

0.00 TE - Jermichael Finley - 3

6.00 PK - Rob Bironas - 3

14.00 PK - Ryan Longwell - 3

2.00 TD - New York Giants - 6

10.00 TD - New York Jets - 4

160.75, plus whatever Boldin does tonight. Not sure what happens with Bironas' injury, but I think I should hopefully be okay surviving into Week 4.

126 right now with Dallas D and Felix left to add to my total...gonna be close. again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genedoc said:
So if I read the rules correctly, if you have Harvin, you do NOT get credit for his return TD, only those who have the Vikings team D. If so....:flawed:
It continues to amaze me what an advantage it is to know and comprehend the rules.Dang I am at 190.95, if i added right.......

QB - Carson Palmer - 21

QB - Shaun Hill - 11

QB - Kerry Collins - 10

RB - DeAngelo Williams - 37

RB - Marshawn Lynch - 22

RB - Ray Rice - 21

RB - Felix Jones - 11

RB - Michael Bush - 6

RB - Tashard Choice - 2

RB - James Davis - 2

WR - Greg Jennings - 32

WR - Vincent Jackson - 21

WR - Percy Harvin - 5

WR - Hakeem Nicks - 4

WR - Pierre Garcon - 3

WR - Chaz Schilens - 3

WR - David Clowney - 2

WR - Laurent Robinson - 2

TE - Greg Olsen - 15

TE - Dustin Keller - 12

PK - Jeff Reed - 2

PK - Phil Dawson - 1

TD - Dallas Cowboys - 3

TD - Houston Texans - 2

125 plus two of Felix/DeWill/Choice at (-5.5 and -6) and Dallas (-2)

really hope i can continue as Garcon/Felix/Choice/JDavis have all been promoted due to starter injury AND Schilens/Lynch/Nicks have yet to play for me

team shaping up nicely if i can just slip thru

ctriopelle said:
Das Boot said:
Eff.Bironas.It's just plain bad luck if one of your contest Ks gets hurt.
kinda glad I took 3 pk's now...
I always wish I could have 3 Ks and/or 3 Defs, but I never end up pulling the trigger.At least a couple Ks end up with hammy or leg problems each year... I just figure it's bad luck if I pick one of them.It looks like Bironas played today... hopefully his injury won't hinder him or knock him out in future weeks.

Hoping Peyton Manning is the difference for me, I'm now at 149.75 plus Bennett (-8.3) for tomorrow, so I think that should be enough to have me see week 4......

waiting for the final update on scores at tfs, but using the pull I took about 20 mins ago and Dodds' projections for tomorrow has the final cut somewhere around 124. I'm guessing 125-130 is a fair final estimate. I'll post the projected cutoff using these projections and the final SNF stats. I will also post here on what our current version of the present 8500 value is.

Redmen62 said:
bagger said:
Genedoc said:
So if I read the rules correctly, if you have Harvin, you do NOT get credit for his return TD, only those who have the Vikings team D. If so....:flawed:
Welcome to how this is scored in 90% of leagues.How is this even a surprise?
I've played about 15 league seasons, and this the very first time I've ever played in a league that didn't count return TD's for the player. So I'mma call BS on your "90%" stat. (<--not the OP)
nope 90% is about right

I would like to welcome Kevin Walter to the party. And, improbably, Jamal Charles. Guess I'm a little lucky to have to count Charles' score and still survive comfortably with my 153+.

alive for another week. i'm going to get crushed next week without boldin and celek. especially celek. drank the kool-aid on jermichael finley. i also have jeff king.

171 with deangelo williams tomorroow.

Tracking the ghost ship that is my dead entry and the theoretical express entry that I was too scared to actually enter. For once my real picks were better than the theoretical ones this week it appears. My dead entry woulda had 155.35 this week. My theoretical would be at 148.95 plus (Dallas minus 7). Kinda would like to see this entry I didn't go with tank one of these weeks :scared:

-QG

Cool, through to next week with 157.

I am sure happy this isn't one of those gay leagues that would have given Percy Harvin points for a kickoff return. Any fool knows that those are always DEF/ST points.

pot stirring....

... Percy Harvin... DEF/ST points.pot stirring....
I know you were just joking around, so I apologize for using your post as the soap box.But seriously people: no more on that, please. This thread is for (a) obsessive worrying and (b) theorizing on the best ways to improve your chances of winning this thing from .00074 to .00097.

I'm sure I missed it on a previous page, but how are you guys tracking your stats? Through another website created by a member?

Users who are viewing this thread