What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL Tampa Bay Bucs 2008 thread (1 Viewer)

I am kinda surprised that the Bucs traded away the opportunity to draft a Brohm or a Henne. Not unhappy. I largely agree with what Cappy has to say in the prior post, just kinda surprised that Gruden passed on that opportunity. Then again, maybe he thought one of the two would fall to him even with the trade, and settled for the WR/KR.

JJ will be a VERY popular pick in Tampa...there was a lot of pre-draft talk about him being a good fit for Gruden.

Someone just called into the radio and said they saw Bruce Allen eating dinner with Brett Favre at Flemings.

*edit*

Another person that works at Flemings confirmed they were both there.

Someone that works at the Bucs facility also called in, and said he toured the facility last night. And, there are rumors the Bucs have contacted GB about a trade.

*edit*

Someone else just called in, and said it's a done deal. A 2nd rounder & Chris Simms for Favre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evidently, Simms looked good in his return to the Bucs. Griese & Mcown still took majority of snaps.

Simms go some action as the 3rd QB in scrimmages, and almost threw an INT right towards Barret Rudd. Griese was also a little off today, but still made a few nice passes. He did a good job checking down to the RBs. Luke McCown is the #1 QB in camp now since Jeff isn't there, and he is looking sharp.

Bucs D looking very impressive, and it sounds like we are putting some pressure on the QBs.

Troupe/ Stovall/ Clayton have been most impressive catching the ball so far.

Aquib Talib is a quick study, but Buchanon still has the edge.

Gaines = nasty

Oh, and Geno Hays has made a few big plays. As an FSU alum, I am very interested in him. Might not have a huge impact this year, but could be a steal down the road.

http://www.620wdae.com/main.html

Garcia being asked about Favre right now.

-whatever happens, need to roll with it.

-just scratched the surface of the offense last year

-tired of moving on

-even if they sign Favre, and they are both in camp, he feels like it's his job to lose. "doesn't care who has a stronger arm, or what anyone has done in the past"

IMO, he is pretty much saying he is going to retire if something happens to him.

Gruden is on now,

-no coment on Favre

-Jeff #1, and Luke/Griese battling it out for #2

-Simms getting reps, coming back to him speed of game. Has talent needs to get it back again.

-Dexter Jackson- think he's going to be "Dynamic return guy"

-not sure if EG is going to be "feature back yet" "hopefully Caddy returns soon"

-Mike Calyton/ Stovall off to great start

-"JG likes to date QBs, but not marry them" :clap:

I'm officially back on the Favre bandwagon. After seeing a few videos of Garcia at camp yesterday I am convinced that he just can not throw a deep pass. In the short to intermediate range he is money, but he can't execute the big throws with any consistency.

Griese is looking better han McCown now.

Zuttah is the best looking rookie on the team, and is picking up a G & C positions. Buenning is also returning to form. I can honestly say that I will not be too worried if there is an injury on the line this year.

Little disappointed in the Favre thing, only because I thought he was the only way this team could go deep this season. I don't trust Garcia's deep ball or his health.

I'm worried they're going to waste another sensational defense. I refuse to believe right now that the offense is going to be very productive. They may be able to run the ball, but the wideouts are going to get jammed. Garcia just can't get it to them deep.

Little disappointed in the Favre thing, only because I thought he was the only way this team could go deep this season. I don't trust Garcia's deep ball or his health. I'm worried they're going to waste another sensational defense. I refuse to believe right now that the offense is going to be very productive. They may be able to run the ball, but the wideouts are going to get jammed. Garcia just can't get it to them deep.
I agree. Garcia can't throw a deep pass with any consistency. On the bright side, both McCown & Griese played well last night. Michael Clayton was looking good, then had a blatant dropped pass. Not sure how many more of those he can afford to make.

Agree, they need to be able to throw the ball deep to open up the run/screen/draw/etc. that is the strength of their offense. Against weaker defenses, they are ok, but against strong defensive fronts, they are in trouble.

Quezilla, is there any latest on Caddy? Is he currently on the PUP? Outlook for the season?

Also, who was working at the WLB after Brooks? hayes? Black?

Quezilla, is there any latest on Caddy? Is he currently on the PUP? Outlook for the season?Also, who was working at the WLB after Brooks? hayes? Black?
I'm not quez, but Caddy is on the PUP for now and the hope is mid-season at best.Think Black gets most of the second-string snaps, although June is the eventual stand-in.

Capella said:
massraider said:
Quezilla, is there any latest on Caddy? Is he currently on the PUP? Outlook for the season?Also, who was working at the WLB after Brooks? hayes? Black?
I'm not quez, but Caddy is on the PUP for now and the hope is mid-season at best.Think Black gets most of the second-string snaps, although June is the eventual stand-in.
I didn't hear to much about the back up LBs, but I hope Geno Hayes gets some more playing time next week. Did you see him in the game? I have to go back and watch it a little closer.

Team looked pretty good last night...especially the lines.

Jeff Faine looks like a GREAT addition...already the leader of the OL.

It's starting to look like Warrick Dunn is going to have more of a role than I originally anticipated.

Antonio Bryant could be worth a look late in drafts also. He was showing off his talent witha few nice catches and an end around.

Very fun game last night, and there were quite a few people there partying on a Sunday night. I did the same. I guess that's why I'm able to type away at home right now. Always nice to have a day off work, right?

A lot to like about last night's game. Biggest thing I took from it is the continuity from last year, Gruden plans on pounding with the run game and good defense. I like the RB stable this year more than last and would be comfortable with any of the top 3 QBs playing.

Joseph with a broken foot? That's the first I've heard of anything...

I guess Mr Zutah will get some immediately PT...good thing it's a guard who is hurt.

Bucs looked solid in the week 2 game :popcorn: Bennett and Dunn both looked good. I am not liking Graham as anything more than a #3 RB fantasy-wise this year and even then would look to sell high before Caddy comes back...

How has the rookie WR Dexter Jackson looked? I took him late in a dynasty draft a couple months ago and have heard nothing since.

Going to be a long, looong year if this Oline doesn't get better, quick.

Trueblood reaching Kenyatta Walker territory. He is just awful. Stupid too. Not a good combination.

Well that was an uninspiring win.

-Graham looked great. Strong runner, may be the best tailback we've had here in a long time. Dunn played well, too.

-Griese didn't screw it up, but was average. You get the feeling they could have won last week if he had played.

-dline FINALLY got a pass rush. Nice to see Gaines and White combine for 3.5 sacks.

-Oline got a good push, and the secondary looked pretty good.

-uh, the passing game is pretty horrible. Could get worse if Galloway is hurt.

Well that was an uninspiring win.-Graham looked great. Strong runner, may be the best tailback we've had here in a long time. Dunn played well, too.-Griese didn't screw it up, but was average. You get the feeling they could have won last week if he had played.-dline FINALLY got a pass rush. Nice to see Gaines and White combine for 3.5 sacks. -Oline got a good push, and the secondary looked pretty good.-uh, the passing game is pretty horrible. Could get worse if Galloway is hurt.
I was expecting Griese to play a little better, but I guess he got the job done. Would have been nice to see him connect on one of those wide open TDs.

Congrats, Bucs. Hoping we can give you some payback when you come visit but, for now, you still own us at Ray Jay.

:wall:

Although it wasn't a stellar win, I was very, very pleased to see Griese through the deep ball on more than one occasion. That is what we definitely need to open up the running game and underneath stuff. I am optimistic going forward.

Bucs looked solid in the week 2 game :mellow: Bennett and Dunn both looked good. I am not liking Graham as anything more than a #3 RB fantasy-wise this year and even then would look to sell high before Caddy comes back...

-Graham looked great. Strong runner, may be the best tailback we've had here in a long time. Dunn played well, too.
Two different opinions above.I have not seen either game and can only go by box scores so far. Sounds like Graham has looked good but just needs more touches to excel. Gruden claimed he would feed him the ball more this game???

Tampa homers how does it look for Graham on the year?

Any word on Cadillac, the live call in Audible last Thursday night made it sound like there is no hope to expect anything from Cadillac this year or the future.

Bucs need to clear a roster spot for Jeremy Stevens, and it's looking like it will be a difficult decision. This could happen via a Jeff Garcia trade, or a release of Ben Troupe. Michael Bennet also indicated that he could be traded, and he is saying he is hearing all kinds of things. Problem with Bennet is that the Bucs start 2 FBs & 2 Rbs. Bennet didn't get much time to practice at special teams in the preseason since he was the primary ball carrier. Should be an interesting week.

What an odd game. How does Griese go from being good to horrible to amazing like that in the course of one game?

The defense got trampled again. Not good news. Especially when it's Kyle Orton leading the way. The DLine played well but the secondary got tore up when the pass rush was slowed down. Makes you wonder how much they missed Talib, and if he's not the best cover guy back there right now.

Great game to watch...the ole cardiac kids are back.

Im just glad the refs didnt see Trueblood throwing the haymakers in OT and the other guy got the personal foul!

Win is a win but way too many stupid fouls!

Great game to watch...the ole cardiac kids are back. Im just glad the refs didnt see Trueblood throwing the haymakers in OT and the other guy got the personal foul!Win is a win but way too many stupid fouls!
I read a quote that Trueblood said someone was grabbing his junk on the bottom of the pile. The Bears were calling our guys dirty, and we were calling them dirty.The point is you can't retaliate. Tampa got called for a similar penalty against NO when Trueblood pushed a guy off of Faine. He was the one they saw, so he got the flag.

Our OL is really hard to figure out. First 2 games they were very good in their run blocks but couldn't keep the pressure off Garcia. Yesterday we can't open a hole to run through but the pass blocking is exceptional.

While I agree you don't want stupid penalties called against us I am extremely pleased we have some mean nasty guys up front. I read a quote from Sears this morning that guy me going :

"You have a bunch of grown men out there, and nobody's really trying to take (expletive) from anybody around here," Sears said. "So, we had some back and forth."

When's the last time you remember an OL with a nasty streak and talent? Besides Gruber nothing comes to mind.

In terms of fantasy points, Graham is only putting up RB3 numbers thusfar in my league, which is right where I expected him to be. If Caddy was to be able to make it back before the end of the season that would further dampen Graham's value. However, that seems unlikely at this point. Is there any word on Caddy?

In terms of fantasy points, Graham is only putting up RB3 numbers thusfar in my league, which is right where I expected him to be. If Caddy was to be able to make it back before the end of the season that would further dampen Graham's value. However, that seems unlikely at this point. Is there any word on Caddy?
I think he will be activated week 6, sit out week 7, and then finally start to get carries week 8 or 9. If there is an injury to Dunn, or Graham this could change. If he shows that he can handle the load he may be the starter by week 12 @ Det. Anyone could look good running against them.

No specific quotes...but Joey Galloway said on his radio show this week that he hoped to "be back in a few weeks". Doesn't sound good.

I like the way the OL is shaping up. The first two weeks we ran well. On Sunday the Bears blitzed 57 times! They took away the run, so Griese, the WRs and the OL finally made them pay.

A home win on Sunday would be huge. Let's hope for some heat.

How are they 3-1? :confused: They find a way, I guess.

Happy to see it, but sheesh, Griese almost gave that one away.

The Bucs are 3-1, the Rays won the AL East and USF just cracked the AP top-10. Best time to be a Tampa sports fan ever, except maybe the day after the Bucs won the Super Bowl. :excited:

How are they 3-1? :shrug: They find a way, I guess. Happy to see it, but sheesh, Griese almost gave that one away. The Bucs are 3-1, the Rays won the AL East and USF just cracked the AP top-10. Best time to be a Tampa sports fan ever, except maybe the day after the Bucs won the Super Bowl. :lmao:
:goodposting: It is a new experience to have teams in 3 different sports doing well at the same time.I wonder what the Thurs Rays game will do to the Thurs USF game? I'm sure it will still be packed, but I bet the TV ratings are way down.

I think he will be activated week 6, sit out week 7, and then finally start to get carries week 8 or 9. If there is an injury to Dunn, or Graham this could change. If he shows that he can handle the load he may be the starter by week 12 @ Det. Anyone could look good running against them.
Any specific news on his rehab?

Any specific news on his rehab?
No. Fwiw, my friends dad sat next to his wife or gf (not sure), on a plane last week. She confirmed he was rehabbing, but didn't say much else. He didn't ask as many questions as I would, but she didn't say anything like "he's getting ready to come back" either.

Users who are viewing this thread