What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official "Ultimate Survivor" Thread (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Note: This post is a work in progress. It will include links to the contests, players selected, etc as that is warranted....David.

------------------------------------------------------

"Ultimate Survivor" will consist of 12 different 12-team leagues to start (144 players). Leg 1 Drafts/Auctions will take place from Sunday, July 20th through Saturday, August 2nd.

These twelve leagues will all compete for the first five weeks of the NFL season. At the end of those five weeks, the top 4 teams in each league will advance to round two of the competition.

Between weeks 5 and 6 of the NFL season, the 48 people advancing will compete in 4 new 12-team leagues (Leg 2). These leagues will span 5 weeks as well and all be performance/PPR leagues (with different scoring rules though) and will be a Best Ball format. Draft dates/times as well as league rules for leg 2 leagues will be determined at a later time.

Leg 3 (Final 12 people) will draft after week 10 and before week 11. This league will span 6 weeks and will be a PPR league. Draft dates/times as well as league rules will be determined at a later time.

There are 7 Ways to get a message board entry into this contest:

Keep contributing quality posts in the Shark Pool. 30 spots will be chosen on July 11th by staff to compete in this contest.
Compete in the "fake" email contest and post it in this thread: Fake Email Contest. We will select the 25 best entries on July 10th. (Note: We will close the link at midnight ET on July 9th)
Compete in the Limerick contest in this thread: Limerick Contest. We will select the 25 best entries on July 9th. (Note: We will close the link at midnight ET on July 8th)
Compete in Caption this photo #1. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #1. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th. (Note: We will close the link at midnight ET on July 8th)
Compete in Caption this photo #2. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #2. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th. (Note: We will close the link at midnight ET on July 8th)
Compete in Caption this photo #3. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #3. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th. (Note: We will close the link at midnight ET on July 8th)
Compete in Caption this photo #4. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #4. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th. (Note: We will close the link at midnight ET on July 8th)Link to Results

Upon selection as an entrant into the contest, a person will sign up for a draft/time slot that fits their schedule.

Prizes will be awarded to the top 12 as follows:

1st prize: Lifetime subscription, FBG Hoodie, FBG hat, FBG duffle bag, FBG shirt + $500 cash

2nd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG Hoodie + FBG hat + $250 cash

3rd prize: 3 year subscription, FBG T-shirt, + $150 cash

4th prize: 3 year subscription + FBG T-shirt + $100 cash

5th - 12th prizes: 1 year subscription and choice of FBG shirt or hat

Both staff and message board members are eligible for these prizes.

Leg 1 Details:

These leagues will be a combination of Best ball and Survivor (ie no transactions). The Survivor leagues will vote off 2,1,2,1,2 in their five weeks (to get to 4 teams). Best ball will be cumulative record against the other teams.

Owners will not submit lineups. The best available lineup will be scored from your entire roster of players based on the starting requirements as defined.

Each league will have 2 staff and 10 message board entries.

The following will apply to all drafts:

- Drafts will be conducted on MyFantasyLeague.com. Auctions will be completed on FantasyAuctioner.com

- Drafts/Auctions will be 22 rounds

- Draft position will be random using Irony Dice Roll Server once the league is filled.

- There are no positional restrictions during the draft.

The leagues draft days/times will be as follows:

League 1 - Sunday, July 20th - 9:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Bob Henry, Anthony Borbely

PPR (WCOFF rules, 1/1/1)

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 PK, 1 Def

Best Ball

League 2 - Monday, July 21st - 10:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Will Grant, Chris Smith

Performance (6 pt all TDs, 1/20, 1/10)

Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 PK, 1 Def

Survivor

League 3 - Tuesday, July 22nd - 8:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: David Dodds, Maurile Tremblay

Auction/Perf (4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10)

Best Ball

League 4 - Wednesday, July 23rd - 10:00 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Jene Bramel, John Norton

PPR (NFFC rules, 3RR, KDS - 0.5. 1, 1)

Best Ball

League 5 – Thursday, July 24th - 9:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Joe Bryant, David Baker

Basic scoring (TDs only)

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 Def

Survivor

League 6 – Saturday, July 26 - 10:00 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: David Yudkin, Marc Levin

Perf (4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/25, 1/10)

Survivor

League 7 – Sunday, July 27th - 10:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Jason Wood, Clayton Gray

PPR (4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10, 1 PPR)

Best Ball

League 8 – Monday, July 28 - 9:00 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Marc Faletti, TBD

Performance (6 pt all TDs, 1/25, 1/10)

Survivor

League 9 – Tuesday, July 29th - 9:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Jeff Haseley, Mark Wimer

PPR (4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10, 0.5/1/1.5 PPR)

Best Ball

League 10 – Wednesday, July 30th - 10:00 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Colin Dowling, Aaron Rudnicki

Performance (4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10)

Best Ball

League 11 – Thursday, July 31st - 8:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Jeff Tefertiller, Mike Herman

Performance (4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10)

Start 1 QB, 1RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 PK, 1 Def

Survivor

League 12 – Saturday, August 2nd – 10:30 PM Eastern

Staff entrants: Andy Hicks, Jeff Pasquino

Auction/PPR (4 pt pass TDs, 6 pt rush/receive TDs, 1/20, 1/10, PPR)

Best Ball

Kicker scoring

1 point for each PAT

3 points for each FG plus 0.1 point for every yard past 30

Example: a 42-yard FG would be 4.2 points

Scoring Rules for Defense/ST:

Basic League:

Sack - 1 point

Fumble Recovery - 2 points

INT - 2 points

TD scored - 6 points

Performance/PPR Leagues:

Sack - 1 point

Fumble Recovery - 2 points

INT - 2 points

TD scored - 6 points

Points scored against:

0 = 10 points

2-9 = 5 points

10-19 = 3 points

20-29 = 1 point

30+ = 0 points

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the link to the companion Ultimate IDP Survivor contest thread.

The first two posts contain the brief and long versions of the rules and prizes. Prospective IDP Survivors please note: Should you win an entry in the "other" Survivor contest, you are ineligible for the IDP Survivor contest. (Please see below clarification: Message boarders may enter both contests.

Entry into the IDP Survivor contest will be by self-nomination and staff selection (should we get more than the allotted number of entries). All self-nominations should be posted in the linked thread.

:goodposting:

so 2 of the leagues are auction and the rest are drafts?

is there a rhyme or reason as to who gets placed in the auction leagues?

Is it possible for any of the drafts to begin before 8:30 in the evening?

Late-night drafts are very difficult for those of us with kids who get up and go to bed early (usually by 10pm ET)

Here's the link to the companion Ultimate IDP Survivor contest thread.

The first two posts contain the brief and long versions of the rules and prizes. Prospective IDP Survivors please note: Should you win an entry in the "other" Survivor contest, you are ineligible for the IDP Survivor contest.

Entry into the IDP Survivor contest will be by self-nomination and staff selection (should we get more than the allotted number of entries). All self-nominations should be posted in the linked thread.

:mellow:
David and I had a miscommunication. There is no restriction to the number of contests you may enter. Message boarders may enter both contests.My apologies.

Is it possible for any of the drafts to begin before 8:30 in the evening? Late-night drafts are very difficult for those of us with kids who get up and go to bed early (usually by 10pm ET)
West Coast bias.I'm not even trying to get in one of the contests because the draft times for all 12 leagues are way too late in the night on the east coast.

When I was in a FBG 22-round draft two years ago, it lasted five hours. If that happens again, all of the drafts will be lasting until between 1:30am (at the earliest) to 3:30am, if not later. That's way too late for many of us.

edit: Why not have at least one late afternoon or early evening (ET) draft on a weekend?

nice one.

Question: Will the winners have a say as to which league they are in? Will their be a "captain" or anything like that?

Gatorman said:
nice one.Question: Will the winners have a say as to which league they are in? Will their be a "captain" or anything like that?
Once selected for the contest, you can choose whatever league wou would like to be in (first come first serve). The staffers will be slotted into these leagues here in a few days so you can choose based on who you want to play, the rules of that league, or simply because the date/time fits you best. We have structured the contests so that the caption winners (40 people) will get first crack, then the limerick and fake email winners (50 people) and then finally the 30 we choose to round out the field. Hopefully this will result in the majority of the people able to select times/dates that work best for themselves.

I would like to be considered for one of the survivor teams. I was on one that AR had last year and went pretty far into it before getting kicked out. Would like to see if I can't go all the way.

:goodposting:

I would like to be considered for one of the survivor teams. I was on one that AR had last year and went pretty far into it before getting kicked out. Would like to see if I can't go all the way.

:lmao:
I've thrown my hat in the ring in the IDP Survivor - thank but I think that is where my expertise will best be used.

I would like to be in one of the draft survivor leagues let me knwo what I need to do and I will be there

Compete in Caption this photo #1. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #1. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th.
Compete in Caption this photo #2. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #2. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th.
Compete in Caption this photo #3. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #3. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th.
Compete in Caption this photo #4. It can be found at this link: Caption This Photo #4. We will select the 10 best entries related to this photo on July 9th.
Can't wait to see the results on these. I've been staring at these pictures for a few days now... I think I'm finally fresh out of captions. :goodposting:

I updated the first post to show which league the staffers will be in.
Why aren't any of the leagues more East coast friendly with the times?
We chose a bunch of times and dates. And now we are filling those times and dates. For some the times and dates won't work. We have done these in the past and found the range of times we have offered to work the best. People generally do not prefer to stay up late on a work night, but they can. If we have the times much earlier, some people will still be working (so they can't do the draft under any circumstances).

We have done these in the past and found the range of times we have offered to work the best.
That's because in the past, you only did one or two of these at a time, and you usually preselected the players before the time slots. So the late evening (ET) was the only time that you could get all twelve people to be available.Since you're offering a choice of twelve different times, you could have opened up a lot of other options.Back in 2006, I was unhappy with a 9pm ET draft, but I went along with it because there seemed to be no other choice once the drafters were selected. Now there is a choice -- or at least there could have been.

We have done these in the past and found the range of times we have offered to work the best.
That's because in the past, you only did one or two of these at a time, and you usually preselected the players before the time slots. So the late evening (ET) was the only time that you could get all twelve people to be available.Since you're offering a choice of twelve different times, you could have opened up a lot of other options.Back in 2006, I was unhappy with a 9pm ET draft, but I went along with it because there seemed to be no other choice once the drafters were selected. Now there is a choice -- or at least there could have been.
With all due respect, there is still a choice... you could choose not to attempt to get into the leagues.

David,

How will the selectees be notified? Will their names be posted in this thread? Will there be separate threads so that selectees can see how many openings remain in the various leagues?

Thanks for the opportunity! I am definitely hoping to be a participant and looking forward to these leagues.

Hey David and other staff,

I won one of the spots from the "Caption the photo #3" contest. If not full and we are able to pick, my schedule would work best for League #7... Sunday, July 27th, 10:30 pm eastern. That would be option 1... option 2 would be League #6 which the draft is on Saturday July 26th. A third option would also be League #9.

If any of these can be granted... great... if not we have time to figure it out.

Challenge Everything

Hey David and other staff,

I won one of the spots from the "Caption the photo #3" contest. If not full and we are able to pick, my schedule would work best for League #7... Sunday, July 27th, 10:30 pm eastern. That would be option 1... option 2 would be League #6 which the draft is on Saturday July 26th. A third option would also be League #9.

If any of these can be granted... great... if not we have time to figure it out.

Challenge Everything
Hey CE, I think they wanted the preferences posted in the judging thread which is here: Judging ThreadCongrats

-QG

If I can get into league 7 that would be much prefered. I don't know how we are deciding.

10 would be my second option but 7 would be perfect of the above dates/times.

Do we have any details on what Leg 2 will look like? If I were fortunate enough to make it, the draft schedules would be my first concern (next week is not looking good right now).

Anyone clinch moving onto round 2 yet?
We have 1 guy in ours (league 7) that has clinched round 2 (Clayton Gray).
Going through the leagues, it looks like Team Legacy in League 1, Jene Bramel in League 4, and buck naked in League 12 have clinched as well...The total points leagues are tough to determine, but I think Marc Faletti has clinched in League 8Twilight in league 9 needs only be 1-10 week 5 to stay in...I need to finish at least 6-5 this week to make it after my disastrous week 4.

Users who are viewing this thread