What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL WIS XVI Draft Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Been out on a school field trip with my daughter. Figured Kraft & his newfangled GoogleSheet had it covered :D
Where to? I recently went with my 4th graders class to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, one of the cooler ones I've chaperoned.

Been out on a school field trip with my daughter. Figured Kraft & his newfangled GoogleSheet had it covered :D
Where to? I recently went with my 4th graders class to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, one of the cooler ones I've chaperoned.
Here - site of the Battle of New Orleans. There were loads of recreational battle re-enactors on hand, camps and buildings set up to look like 1812, and several demonstration cannon barrages.

I was really hoping Joss would fall, but I knew that was unlikely. So I'll take the other guy at the top of my board by a wide margin, and franchise/position scarcity be damned.

Lou Gehrig, 1B, New York Yankees
this is who i was all set to take when i got up this morning. just a monster season in 27.one of the reasons i took Brett instead was because i figured Gehrig would get snapped up within a pick or two, but someone (other than me) would get mad value on Brett. just didn't want Gehrig to fall to you, dadgumit.
Now you're sucking your own **** about Brett? Greatest pick in WIS history? Shall we go that far?

I was really hoping Joss would fall, but I knew that was unlikely. So I'll take the other guy at the top of my board by a wide margin, and franchise/position scarcity be damned.

Lou Gehrig, 1B, New York Yankees
this is who i was all set to take when i got up this morning. just a monster season in 27.one of the reasons i took Brett instead was because i figured Gehrig would get snapped up within a pick or two, but someone (other than me) would get mad value on Brett. just didn't want Gehrig to fall to you, dadgumit.
Now you're sucking your own **** about Brett? Greatest pick in WIS history? Shall we go that far?
Hey, he got mad value!

Here - site of the Battle of New Orleans. There were loads of recreational battle re-enactors on hand, camps and buildings set up to look like 1812, and several demonstration cannon barrages.
That looks/sounds pretty awesome :thumbup:

RnR - OTC

Bogart

Bogart

RnR

Spartans Rule

Tremendous Upside

SoCalBroncoFan

Arsenal of Doom

jfranco77

Frostillicus

eephus

Koya

oso diablo

Brady Marino

Doctor Detroit

Doug B

Hoos First

pumpnick

the moops

rodg35

SNC

larry_boy_44

Greco

Notorious TRE

Kraft

Chemical X

not as awesome as Brett's pine tar covered hemorrhoids

not as awesome as Brett's pine tar covered hemorrhoids
But definitely more awesome than Cooperstown. /shadyridr

I was going to draft Brett but I didn't want to brag for three pages about how great I am, I do that on my Facebook all the time. So I took Gary Peters instead, he offers instant value without the need to look at myself in the mirror while talking about him.

Coming into the second round ... don't forget to make your stadium picks alongside your player pick.

For those that need to research WIS ballparks, go here.

Which way did we decide on the one park per franchise?
Just sticking to the usual stadium plan. The rules in the OP are as follows:STADIUM DRAFT

e) Stadium draft picks will be made simultaneous with the second-round player picks.

f) Stadiums must have been in use at some point between 1903 and 1992, inclusive.

g) Stadiums must be unique in architecture (e.g once Enron Field is selected, Minute Maid Park is off the board).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just sticking to the usual stadium plan. The rules in the OP are as follows:STADIUM DRAFT

e) Stadium draft picks will be made simultaneous with the second-round player picks.

f) Stadiums must have been in use at some point between 1903 and 2013, inclusive.

g) Stadiums must be unique in architecture (e.g once Enron Field is selected, Minute Maid Park is off the board).
1992 cutoff right?

If anyone is going for the blue dot tonight with your wife or significant/insignificant other...may I suggest a George Brett mask? You or her, or both will work well. :thumbup:

f) Stadiums must have been in use at some point between 1903 and 1992, inclusive.

1992 cutoff right?
Yes -- lemme get that fixed ASAP.

h) Koya's third rounder will be skipped if he hasn't picked his ballpark by then.

h) Koya's third rounder will be skipped if he hasn't picked his ballpark by then.
Simultaneous is simultaneous. When rules are clear and enforceable, who would I be to shirk them? Then again, if they are unclear and work-aroundable, damn straight Imma gonna hedge.

I should get like 3 picks around this turn for having to wait so long. No way this draft pool is fair for us on the back end of the first round. Good grief.

Big fan of the RnR approach here. He's the guy that looks for some tail at 1:50 am at the bar and takes two girls home. :popcorn:

2.03 Spartans Rule - UP no clock until Monday Tremendous Upside SoCalBroncoFan Arsenal of Doom jfranco77 Frostillicus

Users who are viewing this thread