What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OG Members Check In (3 Viewers)

Where is the old smackoff debate forum? The 🔒 was SO MUCH BETTER than the metaphor. ****, the :metaphor: doesnt even have its own emoji!!!1!!11!!

Went to go find my oldest PM :cry:
[IMG alt="wikkidpissah"]https://forums.footballguys.com/data/avatars/m/30/30452.jpg?1659477712[/IMG]

wikkidpissah

Footballguy​

Aug 4, 2011
hey, JAA. still in the Boston area? cuz i'm moving from NM to Billerica in the fall & you still owe me a Denny's/Hilltop's from my story thread yrs ago.

i see u linked your grief thread - my sympathies, btw - into a thread in which ive made most of the posts. there's a lot to process in your thread & a couple of months since - i was wondering if there was something you wanted to say/ask specifically of me about where your grief/fear issues are at presently.

i took dialogues with ##### & ##### resulting from that thread off the page & into PMs cuz most of this not everyone's business & you've only to ask for me to do the same with you. if not, no biggie. all the best -
One of a kind that guy.

I suppose I qualify as an OG/old timer. Original username had 2000 in the name so that's about when I first jumped in. Coulda been a 3 digiter when the new boards came about but I was asleep at the wheel. ;) Life is good, relatively healthy, only one fake body part so far (metal hip) but more to come. Staying active, working way too much, kids are grown. Our daughter married her HS sweetheart a few years ago (he's a badass but absolutely great) and they gave us an awesome grandson who provides us endless entertainment. And joy, lots of joy; giving back to his mom what she gave to us all those years ago. "He's wild!" Yeah, apple<-> tree honey. Love it! Wife retired from her job and spends most of her time taking care of her parents. They might be moving in with us, which could be challenging for sure, we'll see. One positive there is her mother can cook, something she didn't seem to pass to her daughter. :mellow: 3 dogs/4cats (animal farm is shrinking). Took a self-imposed break from here for a while but glad to be back.

Stay healthy my friends!
Well crap...2 dogs/4 cats. 😢

I went into my PMs because I was looking for what I /thought/ was my oldest PM.

I moved to MA from MD. I asked for advice from, as I tell my wife "FootballGuys internet", on what snow blower to buy now that I lived in New England. Some fire fighter who I forget the username of recommended I buy 2 models up from what I was looking at. Total price was $2k. Now, this was like 16 years ago. He said to me "No one ever wakes up after a snow storm and says my snow blower is too big". He also informed me "the depth of the storm is not the most important, what's important is the plow blow-by built up at the end of your driveway."

I bought that Ariens snow blower ~16 years ago for $2k. It has never broke down on me once. I just did a major preventive service on it myself this pre-season. Every year I think about this FBG poster and wish I could thank him. Not once have I woken up saying "Wow, I have too much snow blower"

:snowblower:

What ever happened to @melvintscupper :mts: Sorry if my notebook is not up to date on him.

as long as we are walking down memory lane here can someone tell me what the jumpy and quo thing was about i remember it happening but i dont remember what it was about take that to the bank brohans

The board used to (and continues to?) cut off thread titles sometimes and adds some jibberish text at the end that includes quo. Happened to a @Zow thread.

Not much of a poster, but have been here since Cheetsheets. Fantasy football started for me in 1991. Might mix some of this up with FFToday.
I got all my 9/11 information here.
Remember the camping thread (Man with a Yellow Hat?)
Curlyboard
yoga pants, who's hottest

I started officiating football in 01. NCAA made me give up Fantasy Football in 2012ish. I have been quite happy without it.
I don't think I have met anyone from here. But I have learned a lot of great things.

I went into my PMs because I was looking for what I /thought/ was my oldest PM.

I moved to MA from MD. I asked for advice from, as I tell my wife "FootballGuys internet", on what snow blower to buy now that I lived in New England. Some fire fighter who I forget the username of recommended I buy 2 models up from what I was looking at. Total price was $2k. Now, this was like 16 years ago. He said to me "No one ever wakes up after a snow storm and says my snow blower is too big". He also informed me "the depth of the storm is not the most important, what's important is the plow blow-by built up at the end of your driveway."

I bought that Ariens snow blower ~16 years ago for $2k. It has never broke down on me once. I just did a major preventive service on it myself this pre-season. Every year I think about this FBG poster and wish I could thank him. Not once have I woken up saying "Wow, I have too much snow blower"

:snowblower:

I remember this.

Sorry for the double quote / post :

I also have a monster snowblower and live in Maryland. I assume bring mine out every summer and run it for a few minutes since it never snows here anymore. :sadbanana:
as long as we are walking down memory lane here can someone tell me what the jumpy and quo thing was about i remember it happening but i dont remember what it was about take that to the bank brohans
Wasnt that "couch" or something got translated to jumpy quote ?

I thought the “jumpy quo” just meant you were gonna get some but I was either not super active during that time or the board was so populated it went too fast. (Man, I miss those days).

Typing the word “couch” in teh cage would auto-fix it to something vulgar involving non traditional intercourse.

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
there was some guy in the shark pool who would post really hilariuos but wierd takes something like beast or something like that and he made me laugh i thought he was the jumpy and quo originator but i might be wrong does anyone remember that brochacho take that to the bank

there was some guy in the shark pool who would post really hilariuos but wierd takes something like beast or something like that and he made me laugh i thought he was the jumpy and quo originator but i might be wrong does anyone remember that brochacho take that to the bank
I thought it was Woz, when there was a formatting error, but my memory is horrible these days. Maybe he piggy-backed on it.

The board used to (and continues to?) cut off thread titles sometimes and adds some jibberish text at the end that includes quo. Happened to a @Zow thread.
Correct. Back in my youthful days with dating prospects and free time (that I probably squandered to an extent), I saw a very attractive girl at the gym and, as I did back in those days when I had a random thought or insignificant life event, I started a thread about it.

IIRC, I wanted to say that said girl gave me a "jumpy feeling inside." This was, in my belief at the time, thread worthy because most of my threads were about not getting over a particular ex-gf and, therefore, if another girl made me feel " all jumpy inside" this was a good sign that I was on my way to getting over the ex-gf.

However, my thread title was too long and it cut off after jumpy. So, even though it's not what I typed, the thread title became something along the lines of "Hey Guys! This girl made me feel all jumpy&quo."

So then I got made fun of and it became a thing. I never edited it and instead piggybacked off of it when talking about other girls, etc.

Last edited:
I thought it was Woz, when there was a formatting error, but my memory is horrible these days. Maybe he piggy-backed on it.
Perfect memory. All true.

What ever happened to @melvintscupper :mts: Sorry if my notebook is not up to date on him
I don't know if I was the lone reason, but shortly before he left he sent me a pm to tell me how much he disliked me and was considering leaving the board.

bubba?

Correct. Back in my youthful days with dating prospects and free time (that I probably squandered to an extent), I saw a very attractive girl at the gym and, as I did back in those days when I had a random thought or insignificant life event, I started a thread about it.

IIRC, I wanted to say that said girl gave me a "jumpy feeling inside." This was, in my belief at the time, thread worthy because most of my threads were about not getting over a particular ex-gf and, therefore, if another girl made me feel " all jumpy inside" this was a good sign that I was on my way to getting over the ex-gf.

However, my thread title was too long and it cut off after jumpy. So, even though it's not what I typed, the thread title because something along the lines of "Hey Guys! This girl made me feel all jumpy&quo."

So then I got made fun of and it became a thing. I never edited it and instead piggybacked off of it when talking about other girls, etc.
Was it 1 or 2 ounces?

... too soon?

:jaa:

"Couch" was Peens (Pino). I believe he stole it from the Chappelle's Show Rick James skit.

Not sure if it counts as a cornhole, but Peens was the first board member I ever spoke to either on the phone or in person as we were in a fantasy league together. Really deep voice. This was so long ago that I have a memory of taking the call in my childhood home's basement.

Not much of a poster, but have been here since Cheetsheets. Fantasy football started for me in 1991. Might mix some of this up with FFToday.
I got all my 9/11 information here.
Remember the camping thread (Man with a Yellow Hat?)
Curlyboard
yoga pants, who's hottest

I started officiating football in 01. NCAA made me give up Fantasy Football in 2012ish. I have been quite happy without it.
I don't think I have met anyone from here. But I have learned a lot of great things.
I forgot about the Curlyboard

:ph34r:

However, my thread title was too long and it cut off after jumpy. So, even though it's not what I typed, the thread title because something along the lines of "Hey Guys! This girl made me feel all jumpy&quo."

Was it 1 or 2 ounces?

... too soon?

:jaa:
Of course it was the bold.

"Couch" was Peens (Pino). I believe he stole it from the Chappelle's Show Rick James skit.

Not sure if it counts as a cornhole, but Peens was the first board member I ever spoke to either on the phone or in person as we were in a fantasy league together. Really deep voice. This was so long ago that I have a memory of taking the call in my childhood home's basement.
I forgot about Peens. Oh gosh, how long was he around? I usually have a good memory about this

@JAA bigtime into the Hippling :lmao:
Yessir. That was my schtick, but if you want to say it was @hippling ... fine
I honestly don't ever recall that, just Hipple swooping in and replying to like 100 posts with one sentence at most, and then *poof* he was gone for a few days again.
Well and an identifying trait is that he'd quote from some post multiple pages prior that really wasn't on point anymore.

I forgot about Peens. Oh gosh, how long was he around? I usually have a good memory about this
Well, the house I remember speaking to him on the phone from was sold in 2002 or 2003 IIRC.

I don't even think I was active in the FFA at the time. My buddy Dotman was and got me into the league but didn't want me to have the Shark Pool advantage so he didn't tell me how he got wind of the league.

@IvanKaramazov was a league member, too, I think.

Last edited:
@JAA bigtime into the Hippling :lmao:
Yessir. That was my schtick, but if you want to say it was @hippling ... fine
I honestly don't ever recall that, just Hipple swooping in and replying to like 100 posts with one sentence at most, and then *poof* he was gone for a few days again.
Everyone always said I Hippled, so I cant say otherwise :)

I had(have) a horrioble tendency of replying in-time. Meaning, not reading the entire thread and then a single response. I have to respond to each post, in order. #adhd

Before we had the board remember our reading places, there was . or then :blackdot: . What I used to do was create bookmarks for every thread I wanted an update in. I used to go back through them on a regular basis with an "update?". I was pretty OCD about that also.

Ill never forget the day FBG changed the URL for the threads. They added the page number in the browser title (or something like this). This screwed up all my bookmarks and my scheme as each page would then be unique. I needed them to overwrite themselves as to not make a mess.

Back 15 years ago I remember opening up tabs (or multiple windows?) for every thread I wanted to read. I would keep them open until I caught up at the end of the day.

No one has mentioned and BIF love in here.

I forget all the playa's, but I do remember @mr. furley sent me my first BIF. At least thats what I was remembering. Lots of packers schtick. I still have the video of the opening of that package somewhere.

BLOUSES

No one has mentioned and BIF love in here.

I forget all the playa's, but I do remember @mr. furley sent me my first BIF. At least thats what I was remembering. Lots of packers schtick. I still have the video of the opening of that package somewhere.
like 98% certain @Otis was involved in that one

he sent be Brooklyn Monster, which at the time was like drinking paint thinner.

I cant find @Otis's first real avatar (when he was a n00b). It of Terrell Owens wearing a white t-shirt. The t-shirt had green lettering with "I :heart: T.O."

Another important notable in FBG lore was important times of the day. IIRC around 10am ET is when the board would pick up. And Friday around like 9-10am ET there was quite often chaos. Some of those Friday threads were the best. Pullman blanket anyone?

Another important notable in FBG lore was important times of the day. IIRC around 10am ET is when the board would pick up. And Friday around like 9-10am ET there was quite often chaos. Some of those Friday threads were the best. Pullman blanket anyone?
Yep, those were the peak times.

Users who are viewing this thread