What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One of the best opening weekends in the NFL I can remember!!! So..What did we learn Week 1 Edition!! (1 Viewer)

-Steve Smith is sort of worthless
No one drafted him any higher than a WR3 (or is it WR4?), and he should exceed that ADP if he keeps getting 9 targets per game.

Give the old man and his pulled pork Achilles a break, eh?  He will get 75 catches through sheer force of will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I saw him vault into the endzone.  I also saw Henry take a two yard pass and make about six defenders look like fools as he took it 22 yards through the heart of the Vikings D.

I think I am being very real.  We don't judge a performance on one play and we don't condemn on one game.   The reality is Murray looked only okay and put the ball on the turf once and, arguably, contributed to another.  It was a pretty average performance by Murray, and the Titans in general.  I am not suggesting that Murray will be (or should be) benched or demoted to second string but he didn't run away with the job either.
Agreed. Patience with Henry will payoff big for his owners. Matter of time before he get's more and more work as the season moves along. The kid is a special and rare combination of size, speed and agility. Now he is not a burner, but once he get's going in space....much like David Johnson he is a load to bring down. That team will run the ball a lot this season. I am sure he will get plenty of work over the next 15 games.

Yes I saw him vault into the endzone.  I also saw Henry take a two yard pass and make about six defenders look like fools as he took it 22 yards through the heart of the Vikings D.

I think I am being very real.  We don't judge a performance on one play and we don't condemn on one game.   The reality is Murray looked only okay and put the ball on the turf once and, arguably, contributed to another.  It was a pretty average performance by Murray, and the Titans in general.  I am not suggesting that Murray will be (or should be) benched or demoted to second string but he didn't run away with the job either.
that's Murray's signature move.

Two touchdowns is nothing to sneeze at.

Mularkey didn't go with the FB, but for like a sampling of plays. Henry ran with the FB almost all summer. Mularkey said with Stevens retirement he was no longer using the 3 TE set, but he did. He used Kelly as a 3rd T when he needed to give their 3 active TEs a breather. 

The fumbles and INTs led to very quick drives and then the Titans playing from behind. To me- it looked like they were alternating possessions which is exciting for Henry fans and not a clear advantage for Murray. It was Murray's turn, fumble, then in again, fumble or INT,(two possessions and 2-3 snaps total) then when they were behind I do expect Murray as the pass catching back. Alternating series was interesting.

No "arguably", a botched handoff is on him at least 50%. It is concerning that he fumbled twice and he better take care of that.

My NFL team lost, and both my fantasy teams got crushed.  I learned that this was NOT one of the best opening weekends I could remember.

Vegas sucked with their lines this week.

If you were in a pick em pool and used their favorites as a guide, you didn't do well.

No one drafted him any higher than a WR3 (or is it WR4?), and he should exceed that ADP if he keeps getting 9 targets per game.

Give the old man and his pulled pork Achilles a break, eh?  He will get 75 catches through sheer force of will.
I agree that it is too early to bury Smith - the guy had little to no training camp. At age 37 and coming off a devastating Achilles injury, who knows how much he has left in the tank, but Flacco still seems to favor him. And he's not a guy you want to bet against.

I learned that me trading Vincent Jackson & acquiring Ameer Abdullah was 100% the right move!

We learned the Packer run defense ain't too bad - I think the Jags rush offense will be good this year

The Titans are who we thought they were - really was expecting more out of them today not 3 turnovers & allowing 2 defensive TD's
Ameer Abdullah played the Colts run defense.

Titans played the Vikings run defense.  HTH.

I learned I can start Eldeman with Jimmy G playing QB.

I also learned I can start my first round rookie pick with confidence, a guy named Fuller.

(I left both on the bench week 1 and lost)

Biggest eye opener for me was Will Fuller. Not just that his stat line was good but his receptions came on a variety of routes and I don't think he's going to be a one-trick (go deep) pony at all. That said, he did get open (by NFL standards) on deep routes three or four times - he dropped one that would have been a big gain and possibly a TD, and the pass wasn't good enough on the other occasions. Obviously the QB play is a concern, and he will face much better pass Ds than Chicago, but he still went over 100 yards on his debut and with Hopkins lined up opposite him he's going to get plenty of opportunities; he's got a huge upside for me.

Agreed. Patience with Henry will payoff big for his owners. Matter of time before he get's more and more work as the season moves along. The kid is a special and rare combination of size, speed and agility. Now he is not a burner, but once he get's going in space....much like David Johnson he is a load to bring down. That team will run the ball a lot this season. I am sure he will get plenty of work over the next 15 games.
Like always, Alabama RBs look awesome in college and come out hot in the NFL. Everybody climbs all over themselves to get them. Then, after a season of not being force-fed HGH and other PEDs, they crash back to earth in their second years and beyond. 

Start all teams going up against the Rams in your suicide pools.
I wouldn't pick the Seahawks against the Rams in week 2.  The Rams always play the Hawks tough.  Their defensive line will eat the Seahawks O-line up.  Expect another low scoring game with a big special teams play being the difference. 

Nothing, he's Jared Cook.

I thought the same thing...he loafed through 5 years of a big contract in his prime years with the Rams, and people are still expecting ANYTHING out of him?  I honestly don't understand why the Packers picked him up, doesn't seem like their type of player.  A no-name that is willing to work hard would contribute more.

Users who are viewing this thread