What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Patriots at Raiders** (-1.5, 45) 4:05 Kickoff (1 Viewer)

Rhamondre and Jakobi are going to be flying Frontier back to Boston.
The Rhamondre pitch was maybe a 5 out of 10 on the bonehead scale, the Jakobi play was 1000.
Disagree with Rhamondre. Not much to lose on his lateral. Maybe a recovery - but nobody was going to the house. And he lateraled it cleanly
There was no reason for it. Only bad things can happen. Who's to say it doesn't bounce off Jacobi's hands and it's picked up and run back. Unlikely, sure but so was what happened next.

The Rhamondre pitch was maybe a 5 out of 10 on the bonehead scale, the Jakobi play was 1000.
Disagree with Rhamondre. Not much to lose on his lateral. Maybe a recovery - but nobody was going to the house. And he lateraled it cleanly
Yeah, I didn’t mind Stevenson’s decision - his dude was right there.

Throwing it backwards 10 yards was just so idiotic. In a TIE GAME, no less.

Debatable. RH should have just gone down.

Rhamondre looked like they were running the clock out and then RS gets 30 yards and decides to pitch it, he should not have done that but Jakobi Meyers takes the cake for boneheaded plays, wouldn't expect him to be on the team next season if that long

What an incredible finish
Alcoa Presents...
Meyers is their 2nd best skill position player though, so I think he's safe.

Cole’s toe being out of bounds gets completely overshadowed . The league has to be happy
I mean how that was not reversed is beyond my comprehension. From the overhead angle the front of his foot clearly is on the white…..and it would be physically impossible looking at the size of his foot it would not……NFL blew
It again. Seriously mindboggling non reversal.

And then the last play by New England….LMFAO is all I can do!!

Rhamondre looked like they were running the clock out and then RS gets 30 yards and decides to pitch it, he should not have done that but Jakobi Meyers takes the cake for boneheaded plays, wouldn't expect him to be on the team next season if that long

What an incredible finish
Alcoa Presents...
Meyers is their 2nd best skill position player though, so I think he's safe.
Cut him….don’t care. That has to be one of dumbest plays I ever saw in an NFL game. A utter liability to have that kind of mental midget on the field.

Its hard not to blame Stevenson a bit for this. There was nothing to gain and everything to lose by starting that pitch to Meyers.

Its hard not to blame Stevenson a bit for this. There was nothing to gain and everything to lose by starting that pitch to Meyers.
But his pitch to Meyers was 2’ away, and, successful.

Stevenson had no way of knowing Meyers would then go on to make one of the dumbest decisions in NFL history.

You’re using 20-20 hindsight to blame Stevenson here.

Last edited:

Stevenson had no way of knowing Meyers would them go on to make one of the dumbest decisions in NFL history.

Meyers gets the dumbest play in history but it just should have never happened in the first place

Stevenson had no way of knowing Meyers would them go on to make one of the dumbest decisions in NFL history.

Meyers gets the dumbest play in history but it just should have never happened in the first place
It was like cascading dumb decisions, each worse than the last. Shouldn’t have called a draw to begin with; what could that possibly accomplish? Then the Rhamondre lateral, which again didn’t lead directly to disaster but had very little upside. And then Meyers.

Fair.

Had a buddy say, and he’s completely right, that Bill is lucky that he’s one of about 5 coaches in the league that could have their slim playoff hopes ended on that play and not be fired at the end of the year.

The best part is that Meyers ridiculous toss was intended for the slowest guy on the field - where was Mac Jones going even if the toss was successful?

Lost in all of this is what has become of a BB coached team...there was a time where they were prepared for the smallest detail...stuff like having Troy Brown take reps in camp at CB than actually needing him there late in the year and then actually making plays...they also rarely shot themselves in the foot and it was amazing how much more prepared they usually were than their opponent...they would show up on Sunday and play disciplined ball and let the other team make the undisciplined/foolish plays and mistakes and then exploit them...now they are a team full of false starts and mental mistakes and this play is just the cherry on top...not sure what is going to go on this offseason but they simply cannot continue down the path they are on...it is not a winning formula and as a fan it is beyond unentertaining to watch (well, with the exception of that last play)...something's gotta give here.

Lost in all of this is what has become of a BB coached team...there was a time where they were prepared for the smallest detail...stuff like having Troy Brown take reps in camp at CB than actually needing him there late in the year and then actually making plays...they also rarely shot themselves in the foot and it was amazing how much more prepared they usually were than their opponent...they would show up on Sunday and play disciplined ball and let the other team make the undisciplined/foolish plays and mistakes and then exploit them...now they are a team full of false starts and mental mistakes and this play is just the cherry on top...not sure what is going to go on this offseason but they simply cannot continue down the path they are on...it is not a winning formula and as a fan it is beyond unentertaining to watch (well, with the exception of that last play)...something's gotta give here.
This is how I was thinking about this game too. New England is now one of those teams that loses games in this manner. The Browns, Bills, Raiders, Jets, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, and probably several other fanbases that I'm forgetting know exactly what I mean when I say "loses games in this manner." There's a certain style to losing games that only comes with experience.

This is how I was thinking about this game too. New England is now one of those teams that loses games in this manner. The Browns, Bills, Raiders, Jets, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, and probably several other fanbases that I'm forgetting know exactly what I mean when I say "loses games in this manner." There's a certain style to losing games that only comes with experience.

The funny part is they were the master of this type of stuff pre-Parcells...deep down a lot of us "old-timers" are laughing about it because there are a couple of generations of Patriot fans that have never experienced it and think anything other than getting to the AFC Championship game is a complete disaster...as John McClane said in Die Hard..."welcome to the party."

The last play called for a regular draw, RS was told to get down, and they would regroup for OT. No one on the offense expected any laterals, and RS and JM ad libbed that on their own. Everyone else was blocking and did not expect anything other than Stevenson getting tackled. The most surprised person of all was Mac Jones, as he neither expected to receive a lateral nor having to make a game saving tackle.

This only amplifies the offense being disenchanted with Patricia. They were trying to make a play. Everyone on the offense is frustrated with their inability to look like even a mediocre FCS offense.

The last play called for a regular draw, RS was told to get down, and they would regroup for OT. No one on the offense expected any laterals, and RS and JM ad libbed that on their own. Everyone else was blocking and did not expect anything other than Stevenson getting tackled. The most surprised person of all was Mac Jones, as he neither expected to receive a lateral nor having to make a game saving tackle.

This only amplifies the offense being disenchanted with Patricia. They were trying to make a play. Everyone on the offense is frustrated with their inability to look like even a mediocre FCS offense.

This is Bill's fault...he put a totally unqualified person/friend in a position to fail...Patricia gets the heat, but it is BB's fault, and everyone knew it was coming back in August.

Users who are viewing this thread