What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People are waiting in line outside the Circuit City here (2 Viewers)

I drove my mom home tonight on Thanksgiving and drove past a packed, near-gridlock parking lot at Walmart. I've never seen as many cars in Kohl's huge lot. Toys R Us was very busy. ShopKo was very busy.

Newsflash people...Walmart is not going anywhere. You can shop there next week too if you want.

Line of traffic tonight getting into the local Staples parking lot.

Staples. Think about that.

"Boy, could I go for a sweet deal on a ream of 3-holed. Honey, are you done with your pie yet?"

Niece works retail at Express or some stupid mall store. She has to work 10pm to 6am tonight. Wtf?

Saw some of these dopes waiting at the Best Buy yesterday driving to my parents house. 6+ hours waiting in line in the cold?? Thanks, but I'll pay the extra $50.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tom Servo" data-cid="17479134" data-time="1416237710"><p><p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jon_mx" data-cid="17479094" data-time="1416237239"><p> <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rayderr" data-cid="17478772" data-time="1416228081"> I miss Circuit City a lot. Best buy is just not the same. Never thought to break out the candles, but there is always next year.

I'm thankful that evolution is working out better for me than it has for the people out there in line.
For most people it takes a lot longer than 2 days to make $1000, so sounds like +EV to me.
That's assuming you absolutely have to have that particular product right now. If you consider that there are probably plenty of cheaper and nice looking TVs out there -- even with this super fantastic "sleep out in the cold" discount -- that would not change your experience when watching the crappy football game tonight, I don't see the +EV.It's insanity.
It's a 46" 1080p LCD for $1299. I don't think you're getting "cheaper and nicer looking."
How's that smokin' sweet 46" 1080p LCD holding up?

I'm thankful that evolution is working out better for me than it has for the people out there in line.
For most people it takes a lot longer than 2 days to make $1000, so sounds like +EV to me.
That's assuming you absolutely have to have that particular product right now. If you consider that there are probably plenty of cheaper and nice looking TVs out there -- even with this super fantastic "sleep out in the cold" discount -- that would not change your experience when watching the crappy football game tonight, I don't see the +EV.It's insanity.
It's a 46" 1080p LCD for $1299. I don't think you're getting "cheaper and nicer looking."
Watching "This is 40" right now on HBO in my living room on it.ETA - I don't remember if we covered this, but I ended up buying it at Costco a week later and not waiting at CC for it.

ETA2 - You've also really mischaracterized my position in this thread for the last several years. Never said I was standing in line overnight for a TV but that maybe one shouldn't mock people that do.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's that webcam of yours holding up form that night?

bentley said:
Otis said:
Watching "This is 40" right now on HBO in my living room on it.ETA - I don't remember if we covered this, but I ended up buying it at Costco a week later and not waiting at CC for it.

ETA2 - You've also really mischaracterized my position in this thread for the last several years. Never said I was standing in line overnight for a TV but that maybe one shouldn't mock people that do.
To be fair mocking is one of the things we do best and really some people make themselves easy targets.

Bump

One of my favorite holidays traditions is seeing these videos of people fighting over mixers. Please post.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: RBM
Good bump. You guys getting in line for that sweat deal on a 50" TV when you could instead just wait 3 months and get that TV for even less and even order it online so you don't have to spend hours in the cold and punch a grandma?

Your Black Friday spoils: whatcha got?

I should start a line at my local gas station.

Tell people they are giving away gas for a year or something and see if I can get other people to join.

For the record, I'm paying a couple hundred extra bucks and getting a different TV versus standing in line. I'm just not sure why you need to be an ####### about people that want to save a few hundred bucks.
Pretty defensive here, Brent.
Just don't dig the whole "superior to the poor working stiffs" part of O's bag of tricks. 150% Otis, Heads up with gay poker robot Otis, and camera phone whore Otis are cool. This one's down there with fall in love with a different girl every three days Otis and unable to complete Otis.
I didn't realize Otis schtick has sucked for eight years. Guy really flamed out early.

For the record, I'm paying a couple hundred extra bucks and getting a different TV versus standing in line. I'm just not sure why you need to be an ####### about people that want to save a few hundred bucks.
Just don't dig the whole "superior to the poor working stiffs" part of O's bag of tricks. 150% Otis, Heads up with gay poker robot Otis, and camera phone whore Otis are cool. This one's down there with fall in love with a different girl every three days Otis and unable to complete Otis.
I didn't realize Otis schtick has sucked for eight years. Guy really flamed out early.
You're still sore about this, aren't you.

You're still sore about this, aren't you.
Not really. Just continue to be sad about what you've become and waiting for you to get better. Not sure it's possible after all this time.

Our Circuit City is now a rock climbing place. They have one of those huge walls you can climb.
Best thing I ever bought at a circuit city was when my local one was closing down, I went in and bought a bunch of the stock room shelves for my basement. They were great quality, hold a ton and I think I paid 40 for a 6ft section.

Good bump. You guys getting in line for that sweat deal on a 50" TV when you could instead just wait 3 months and get that TV for even less and even order it online so you don't have to spend hours in the cold and punch a grandma?

Your Black Friday spoils: whatcha got?
Any updates?

Users who are viewing this thread