What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philadelphia at Carolina, TNF Week 6 (1 Viewer)

Definitely not top 10 talent. What kills me is I've yet to see him really make a guy miss in the open field a la 2015 Dion Lewis. He needs to be making yards like that. Right now he's basically just getting what the play gives him. 
Agreed...his receptions seem pretty pedestrian...I was expecting far more giddy-up on his touches...so far he does not put the pressure on defenses I thought he would...

Philly weathered a storm of crappy penalties and blunt force trauma from the CAR D.  The Keuchly situation is the biggest factor in the 2nd half. 

That replay on Keuchley didn’t look good. Shoulder to the head, then his head bounced and dribbled between the ground and the defender.

On the one hand, they let him run to the locker room - that’s promising that it’s not a concussion. 

On the other hand, he ran to the locker room. 

I like the dude - hope he’s ok. 

Yeah it's weird it doesn't even look like he's trying to make anyone miss.  Catch the ball, jog in the open field, then step out of bounds or just fall over weakly as soon as the first defender arrives.
Yup. There's no quick hop, burst or anything. Not even a cut. Just pick a direction and go, hit a guy, go down. 

not every kicker is capable of 58 yards....what's Gano's range? They had the target line a full five yards further downfield. More, a miss might have left the Eagles a second for their own hail mary

That replay on Keuchley didn’t look good. Shoulder to the head, then his head bounced and dribbled between the ground and the defender.

On the one hand, they let him run to the locker room - that’s promising that it’s not a concussion. 

On the other hand, he ran to the locker room. 

I like the dude - hope he’s ok. (for next week)
fixed that for you :)

I was expecting a hail mary not that duck over the middle Cam went with. I actually prefer the hail mary to the 58 yard attempt but not that thing Cam threw. Also Cam looked really tired to me. Jim Nantz said 85% humidity. That might have been a factor for the FG or for Cam to wait all that time for those tall receivers to get far enough downfield for a hail mary. 

He could have 12 catches sobfar tonight if they wanted it. He'd probably only have 30 yds but...
He's James White but a better runner. The Panthers line isn't giving either running back any room to get something to happen. When you're given either obvious pitches or contacted in the backfield, you aren't going to look good. The Panthers running game as a whole hasn't looked good and a bad running game is rarely on only the RBs

I think the best thing the Eagles d did in the first half is make Cam uncomfortable. That's going to pay off second half.

Romo is fine, at least he knows what he's talking about.
I liked him as a player, and he seems like a good dude.

I don't mind his analysis, as its better than most.  I only have one complaint.

Sometimes, he just needs to shut up and let us watch the play.  He seems to be uncomfortable with even a second of silence in the booth.  When the drama is highest, like a 3rd and goal from the 1, just let us see the game without the distraction of constant analysis.  When he learns that, IMO, he will be one of the best, even if his voice is a little whiny sounding.

I liked him as a player, and he seems like a good dude.

I don't mind his analysis, as its better than most.  I only have one complaint.

Sometimes, he just needs to shut up and let us watch the play.  He seems to be uncomfortable with even a second of silence in the booth.  When the drama is highest, like a 3rd and goal from the 1, just let us see the game without the distraction of constant analysis.  When he learns that, IMO, he will be one of the best, even if his voice is a little whiny sounding.
I agree and I haven't minded him except when he wants to talk over Nantz during the play. He'll learn.

like hating on Thursday Night football as much as the next guy, but KC@Oak next week will not be missed.
All things considered this isn’t a bad game.

10-10, good defense. As my dad always said, the defensive guys get paid too. ;)  
Don't get me wrong, I'm digging tonight's game too. I was mostly hating on Thursday night games from 2016 on back. Now if only the NFL would link Thursday night participants to teams coming off a bye.

I don’t have him in IDP. I just hope he’s ok in general - “for life” would be a better correction. He’s had his eggs scrambled more than most. He’s such a a talented dude. Hate to see injury after injury. 
agree a thousand times over. No real hate for the Panthers here

He's James White but a better runner. The Panthers line isn't giving either running back any room to get something to happen. When you're given either obvious pitches or contacted in the backfield, you aren't going to look good. The Panthers running game as a whole hasn't looked good and a bad running game is rarely on only the RBs
Let me know when they trade for Brady.

not every kicker is capable of 58 yards....what's Gano's range? They had the target line a full five yards further downfield. More, a miss might have left the Eagles a second for their own hail mary
The target line was more like 3 yards downfield.

Gano has hit 59, 55, 54 in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread