What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (3 Viewers)

Using just the expected starting lineups, the software I've been using projects the top 5 teams to be:

CharlieBrowns
Sparty
jamny
rodg12
Gally

The player projections weren't from me.
Don't shoot the messenger.

eta: just noticed the top 2 are tied.
Who'd they fill in for shady's catcher? Or did the system just rank him lower?
expos didn't have his 9th pitcher until a few minutes ago. Same thing?
Plenty of catcher talent still available

27.14 - Mickey "He's a" Moniak, Maniac on the floor and he's walking like he's never walked before...........

anytime you can get a guy who walked 9 times vs. 113 Ks, you gotta grab him!

Using just the expected starting lineups, the software I've been using projects the top 5 teams to be:

CharlieBrowns
Sparty
jamny
rodg12
Gally

Who'd they fill in for shady's catcher? Or did the system just rank him lower?
expos didn't have his 9th pitcher until a few minutes ago. Same thing?
Ill update when the draft is over

CharlieBrowns
Sparty
jamny
rodg12
Gally

Your software and its family are a ****

Kerkering or something. Phillies reliever.

@FDASv2.0
Serious question, not shtick: can someone tell me how this works?
When the draft gets "populated" what happens with the Catcher slot? Does it expand to 6 bench slots since no C was drafted?

I'm just wondering if I'm not missing out on some genius draft strategy here.
I'll hang up and listen.

@FDASv2.0
When the draft gets "populated" what happens with the Catcher slot? Does it expand to 6 bench slots since no C was drafted?

I'll hang up and listen.
Good question. I would think if a team did not draft a catcher then they should only get 27 players because the 28th roster spot is the catcher position.

@FDASv2.0

I'll hang up and listen.
Good question. I would think if a team did not draft a catcher then they should only get 27 players because the 28th roster spot is the catcher position.
It could have been an oversight. I'd be fine with letting him redo the 28th pick.

@FDASv2.0

I'll hang up and listen.
It could have been an oversight. I'd be fine with letting him redo the 28th pick.
Seems reasonable

@FDASv2.0

I'll hang up and listen.
Yea it'll show up as an extra bench spot. Yahoo doesn't make you fill every position, so technically I could go the whole year with an empty C spot and just miss out on any stats a C would accrue. It's similar with pitchers, you could only roster 1 pitcher if you really wanted and have 8 extra hitters even though there are 9 P slots.

And now the moment you've all been waiting for ...

Overall Points
Draft orderOwnerRHRRBISBOBPWKERAWHIPS + HDTotalRank
1eephus13781415658133923
2Greedygoat4241128836146215
3Attack of the Rock Pig Ernie1215139914111012961
4shady inc1112121552110151847
5Sparty91011114799126885
6Rated R Superstar5147103977387310
7Uncle Charlie23213810116826514
8Serious Business™88108101113579894
9Indians15131556321156613
10RnR645313121242117211
11Gally111124131514915856
12rodg1236321151413147789
13CharlieBrowns10119412141012410961
14She’s Wanderage!1491467532546912
15jamny75671136151113847

Is the methodology sound? By no means. This is just a compilation of stats for each team's entire roster, and based on the projections I used. YMMV.
I also did not back out projections for players that were subsequently lost to injury or suspension.

It's no lineupexperts.com, but then again, what is?

@FDASv2.0

I'll hang up and listen.
Yea it'll show up as an extra bench spot. Yahoo doesn't make you fill every position, so technically I could go the whole year with an empty C spot and just miss out on any stats a C would accrue. It's similar with pitchers, you could only roster 1 pitcher if you really wanted and have 8 extra hitters even though there are 9 P slots.
I guess the question is that since there is no catcher he can't fill that roster spot. Does that let him get an extra bench spot? The roster says 5 bench spots. If he has nobody in the C slot but has 28 players that means he has 6 players for 5 bench spots.

Does the site not treat it that way?

@FDASv2.0

I'll hang up and listen.
I guess the question is that since there is no catcher he can't fill that roster spot. Does that let him get an extra bench spot? The roster says 5 bench spots. If he has nobody in the C slot but has 28 players that means he has 6 players for 5 bench spots.

I think it counts total roster number and gets a zero at catcher for stats.

@FDASv2.0

I'll hang up and listen.

I think it counts total roster number and gets a zero at catcher for stats.
That's the way most leagues work.

Users who are viewing this thread