What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (5 Viewers)

Ciao!

1- Great draft, everyone. True pros in this league.
2- Terrible rankings, everyone. Amateur hour in this league.
3- Still looking for Nancy and the Auditdodger (tm) to pay up.
4- To answer the newbies re: catcher gate. Since we’re a daily league, roster slots are governed by the 162 game and 1400 IP limit. You can sit all your players on the bench on a given day if you want. You can never play a catcher and it would default create a 6th bench spot if you want. It’s a losing strategy, so I hope shady rides with it. 😏

That being said, maybe I should change the language when I describe the league to say “23 starters, 28 roster slots” instead of “5 bench slots” to be more accurate.

That being said, maybe I should change the language when I describe the league to say “23 starters, 28 roster slots” instead of “5 bench slots” to be more accurate.
next year, i think we need to revisit either the innings limit or the rooster spots. getting to 1400 innings is hard. i used to say 6 SP at 200 and then 3 RP. but no one throws 200 innings. if 150 is the new average and you carry 3 RP, you really need around 8 SP and there aren’t that many anymore honestly. maybe take innings to 1250? something to adjust for a new reality. will answer yours.

Ciao!

1- Great draft, everyone. True pros in this league.
2- Terrible rankings, everyone. Amateur hour in this league.
3- Still looking for Nancy and the Auditdodger (tm) to pay up.
4- To answer the newbies re: catcher gate. Since we’re a daily league, roster slots are governed by the 162 game and 1400 IP limit. You can sit all your players on the bench on a given day if you want. You can never play a catcher and it would default create a 6th bench spot if you want. It’s a losing strategy, so I hope shady rides with it. 😏
Payment sent

• Love
Reactions: RnR
I'm pretty shocked to say this, but X makes a good point.
:shrug:
Draft more innings
In a daily lineup change league you can get to 1400 innings pretty easily. Not saying they will be quality innings but you can get there easy if you want to.
you can churn garbage in and out, but the point is to draft quality IMO. if i carry 12 P, i have no bench bags for the inevitable death. i just think we need more rooster spots for 1400 or less innings so we don’t all have WHIPs of 1.35x.

I'm pretty shocked to say this, but X makes a good point.
:shrug:
Draft more innings
In a daily lineup change league you can get to 1400 innings pretty easily. Not saying they will be quality innings but you can get there easy if you want to.
you can churn garbage in and out, but the point is to draft quality IMO. if i carry 12 P, i have no bench bags for the inevitable death. i just think we need more rooster spots for 1400 or less innings so we don’t all have WHIPs of 1.35x.
I love everything about more rooster spots. I’m down for that

I wouldn’t want to cut the IP limit. Only 3 pitchers were taken in the first 2 rounds this year, and reducing the innings needed devalues arms even further.

I wouldn’t hate more roster spots but I wouldn’t love it for the reasons Eephus mentioned.

Are we doing waivers until the start of the season? Will that be for the 2 games on the 20th and 21st or when they all start on the 28th?

I almost always hit the innings limit in the last week or even last day of the season. Part of the season long strategy is to stay close to the "Remaining Innings" number to do it. I've never felt the limit was too high. jmho

Draft recap: guys I was hoping would drop to me, with 🔥 signifying how ticked off I was that they didn't. The round listed is when I picked, so I may have a player there for my round that was selected in the prior round.

1Corbin CarrollOFARZ🔥Was indifferent between Carroll and Tucker, but know had to focus on steals more heavily going forward
4Yoshinobu YamamotoSPLAD🔥I had him ranked much higher than where he went and was hoping he'd fall to me
5Spencer Steer1B,2B,3B,OFCIN🔥🔥🔥I was really disappointed I didn't get him; I think he excels this year and love the multi-positional eligibility
7Zach EflinSPTBR🔥🔥🔥Grrrr, I really wanted Eflin here (and maybe reached with Ryan)
8Cole RagansSPKCR🔥🔥Guys I thought would drop kept getting snagged so I drafted Langford - no way I was not getting sniped on him
10Camilo DovalRPSFG🔥I think Doval is going to be very, very good this year (and certainly better than my pick
11Jackson HollidaySSBAL🔥🔥Another guy I thought might be there (and who I should have drafted in the 10th)
12Cristian JavierSPHOU🔥Needed pitchers and thought he was better value than what I got (Keller) although I almost drafte Noelvi Marte. Close call
13Noelvi Marte3BCIN🔥🔥🔥Seriously. At the time I was fuming when he went the next pick
14Maikel GarciaSS,3BKCR🔥🔥🔥I expect big things from Garcia this year. Big things.
15Henry DavisOFPIT🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥I ain't gonna lie. This one hurt.
18Whit MerrifieldOF,2BPHI🔥🔥I could have listed a few guys taken before my pick here, but he was the closest to my draft slot
19Yusei KikuchiSPTOR🔥🔥🔥I felt I needed another SP here and eventually ended up with Lance Lynn. Yikes
20Nelson VelazquezOFKCR🔥🔥I had to go look to see if Gally was a Royals fan, but the only 2 he has are the 2 he sniped me on. Bastage!
22Aroldis ChapmanRPPIT🔥Felt I needed the Ks, and if Bednar is dealt (unlikely since he's a local guy and they need to put asses in seats) his value increases
23Ezequiel Duran3B,SS,OFTEX🔥Another multi-positional guy I like
24Matt BrashRPSEA🔥I think he's a lot closer than people think, but I might have dodged a bullet here (had I taken him earlier, which I was considering)
27Jasson DominguezOFNYY🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥This one just about put me on tilt. It may amount to nothing, or it could be a 26th round league winner

Draft recap: guys I was hoping would drop to me, with 🔥 signifying how ticked off I was that they didn't. The round listed is when I picked, so I may have a player there for my round that was selected in the prior round.

8Cole RagansSPKCR🔥🔥Guys I thought would drop kept getting snagged so I drafted Langford - no way I was not getting sniped on him
14Maikel GarciaSS,3BKCR🔥🔥🔥I expect big things from Garcia this year. Big things.
20Nelson VelazquezOFKCR🔥🔥I had to go look to see if Gally was a Royals fan, but the only 2 he has are the 2 he sniped me on. Bastage!
Truth be told, while I am not a true Royals fan but I do like them quite a bit. I coached Danny Duffy in high school so when he went to the Royals they became a team I watched a lot of. As far as the players listed:

• Ragans - I have him on my dynasty roster. I picked up him last year after he was traded to the Royals because I saw his first couple starts for them and he was electric. His stuff is nasty and I am extremely high on him. I didn't want to miss out so reached significantly to get him
  • Garcia: I was just as pissed as you. I though he would fall and didn't think he would be on many people's radar. I was fading SS as well so this one hurt pretty bad
  • Velasquez: Like his power and he should get a ton of AB's. At that point in the draft it was tough to pass up on the HR potential but he could as easily flame out lose his starting gig. But in the 20th round it was worth the risk.
All in all, I am glad I was able to piss of some people by taking their players. It's really one of the highest goals to have in a draft and believe me you got me a few times (Langford being one of them for sure) as I thought he would last at least another 8-ish rounds at the time you took him

believe me you got me a few times (Langford being one of them for sure) as I thought he would last at least another 8-ish rounds at the time you took him
Uh, thanks. I guess.
:bag:
I will say that this draft had a ton of reaches throughout so if you really believe in a guy you had to reach. I was kind of following along with the cake draft and its amazing how different these two drafts were. It would be interesting to see a comparison on when players went in each draft. There were some huge differences.

1Corbin CarrollOFARZ🔥Was indifferent between Carroll and Tucker, but know had to focus on steals more heavily going forward
4Yoshinobu YamamotoSPLAD🔥I had him ranked much higher than where he went and was hoping he'd fall to me
5Spencer Steer1B,2B,3B,OFCIN🔥🔥🔥I was really disappointed I didn't get him; I think he excels this year and love the multi-positional eligibility
7Zach EflinSPTBR🔥🔥🔥Grrrr, I really wanted Eflin here (and maybe reached with Ryan)
10Camilo DovalRPSFG🔥I think Doval is going to be very, very good this year (and certainly better than my pick
11Jackson HollidaySSBAL🔥🔥Another guy I thought might be there (and who I should have drafted in the 10th)
12Cristian JavierSPHOU🔥Needed pitchers and thought he was better value than what I got (Keller) although I almost drafte Noelvi Marte. Close call
13Noelvi Marte3BCIN🔥🔥🔥Seriously. At the time I was fuming when he went the next pick
15Henry DavisOFPIT🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥I ain't gonna lie. This one hurt.
18Whit MerrifieldOF,2BPHI🔥🔥I could have listed a few guys taken before my pick here, but he was the closest to my draft slot
19Yusei KikuchiSPTOR🔥🔥🔥I felt I needed another SP here and eventually ended up with Lance Lynn. Yikes
22Aroldis ChapmanRPPIT🔥Felt I needed the Ks, and if Bednar is dealt (unlikely since he's a local guy and they need to put asses in seats) his value increases
23Ezequiel Duran3B,SS,OFTEX🔥Another multi-positional guy I like
24Matt BrashRPSEA🔥I think he's a lot closer than people think, but I might have dodged a bullet here (had I taken him earlier, which I was considering)
27Jasson DominguezOFNYY🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥This one just about put me on tilt. It may amount to nothing, or it could be a 26th round league winner

I ain't reading all that. I'm happy for u tho. Or sorry that happened.

Ok. Here are the final draft time stats (started collecting times with pick 4.13).

Highlights:
  • Helltoupee: Most times being the longest in round with 9 times
  • Eephus, FDAS, RnR, Charlie B & Jamny were never the longest in any round
  • Longest duration for a single pick: Chem X with 668 minutes (he had no other lapse over 77 minutes)
  • Shortest average draft time in a round: 11.73 minutes in Round 24
  • Longest average draft time in a round: 87.67 minutes in round 13 (bolstered by the 668 minute Chem X overnighter)
  • Jamny only had two picks that were in double digits. An 80 minuter in Round 13 and his final pick at 18 minutes

Ok. Here are the final draft time stats (started collecting times with pick 4.13).

Highlights:
  • Helltoupee: Most times being the longest in round with 9 times
  • Eephus, FDAS, RnR, Charlie B & Jamny were never the longest in any round
  • Longest duration for a single pick: Chem X with 668 minutes (he had no other lapse over 77 minutes)
  • Shortest average draft time in a round: 11.73 minutes in Round 24
  • Longest average draft time in a round: 87.67 minutes in round 13 (bolstered by the 668 minute Chem X overnighter)
  • Jamny only had two picks that were in double digits. An 80 minuter in Round 13 and his final pick at 18 minutes
this analysis is actually more exciting than the regular season!

i am not at all happy with my team. picking 14th in a 15 team snake just sucks. so many picks in between you kind of have to reach and anticipate, which is no way to draft. i also hate drafting SP because of the death ration and getting those 1400 innings is gonna be a struggle. feel like my bats are solid, but i have no top end arms. i hope the guardian young arms i took are decent, bassitt is himself and verlander has something in the tank. i was hoping for some late magic and maybe harrison, severino or even a kikuchi late, but after the top 10 or so, they all seem so flawed.

i am not at all happy with my team. picking 14th in a 15 team snake just sucks. so many picks in between you kind of have to reach and anticipate, which is no way to draft.
I actually am the opposite. I hate drafting in the middle. My drafts always seem disjointed as I can't play anything. I don't mind reaching for guys I believe in so being on an end is fine by me. Next year we can trade slots...hahah

i am not at all happy with my team. picking 14th in a 15 team snake just sucks. so many picks in between you kind of have to reach and anticipate, which is no way to draft.
I actually am the opposite. I hate drafting in the middle. My drafts always seem disjointed as I can't play anything. I don't mind reaching for guys I believe in so being on an end is fine by me. Next year we can trade slots...hahah
god willing

OK I decided to compare Cake and Pie and it was quite interesting. Here are some of the findings:

Biggest Bargains for Cake Draft (compared to Pie):
  • Wilson Contreras: Drafted 257 in Cake compared to 150 in Pie - that's a +107 value and highest on the board
  • Jose Cabellero: +103
  • Mackenzie Gore +103
  • AJ Puk: +98
  • Nathan Eovaldi: +89
*Puk and Eovaldi were my picks so maybe i was in the wrong league

Biggest Bargains for Pie Draft (compared to Cake):
  • Nolan Schanuel: Drafted 330 in Pie compared to 217 in Cake: That's a +113 value and best of the draft
  • Vaughn Grissom: +108
  • Michael Busch: +99
  • Clayton Kershaw: +96
  • Shane Baz & Paul Skenes tied: +94
Some other factoids:
  • By and large RP pitchers went way earlier in Cake (Edwin Diaz pick 27 in Cake vs 108 in Pie; Hader 49 vs 111). Catchers also seemed to be a favorite in Cake (Alvarez went 86 picks later in Pie, Salvy Perez 85 picks later, Raleigh 23 picks later).
  • Even with less teams Cake had 17 players drafted that weren't drafted in Pie
  • There were 49 players drafted in Pie that were not drafted in Cake (although I think I missed a couple players when I went back through the Cake thread as there seemed to be an Abreu issue but i couldn't tell from the thread what really was going on there.
  • The earliest drafted Pie player that wasn't drafted in Cake was Joc Pederson at pick 274
  • The earliest drafted Cake player that wasn't drafted in Pie was Tyler Stephenson at pick 279
First Round Cake vs Pie:
  1. Acuna vs Acuna
  2. Witt vs Witt
  3. Ohtani vs Betts
  4. J-Rodriguez vs Ohtani
  5. Carroll vs Soto
  6. Betts vs J-Rodriguez
  7. Soto vs Carroll
  8. Freeman vs Tucker
  9. Tucker vs Judge
  10. Tatis vs Freeman
  11. Olsen vs Strider
  12. Judge vs Tatis
  13. Turner vs Olsen
  14. Alvarez vs Riley
  15. Strider (pick 2.01) vs Ramirez

Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know between the drafts and I will see if I can come up with it. Enjoy!

OK I decided to compare Cake and Pie and it was quite interesting. Here are some of the findings:

• Wilson Contreras: Drafted 257 in Cake compared to 150 in Pie - that's a +107 value and highest on the board
  • Mackenzie Gore +103

• Nolan Schanuel: Drafted 330 in Pie compared to 217 in Cake: That's a +113 value and best of the draft
Some other factoids:
  • By and large RP pitchers went way earlier in Cake (Edwin Diaz pick 27 in Cake vs 108 in Pie; Hader 49 vs 111). Catchers also seemed to be a favorite in Cake (Alvarez went 86 picks later in Pie, Salvy Perez 85 picks later, Raleigh 23 picks later).
  • There were 49 players drafted in Pie that were not drafted in Cake (although I think I missed a couple players when I went back through the Cake thread as there seemed to be an Abreu issue but i couldn't tell from the thread what really was going on there.
  • The earliest drafted Pie player that wasn't drafted in Cake was Joc Pederson at pick 274
  • The earliest drafted Cake player that wasn't drafted in Pie was Tyler Stephenson at pick 279
First Round Cake vs Pie:
  1. Acuna vs Acuna
  2. Witt vs Witt
  3. Ohtani vs Betts
  4. J-Rodriguez vs Ohtani
  5. Carroll vs Soto
  6. Betts vs J-Rodriguez
  7. Soto vs Carroll
  8. Freeman vs Tucker
  9. Tucker vs Judge
  10. Tatis vs Freeman
  11. Olsen vs Strider
  12. Judge vs Tatis
  13. Turner vs Olsen
  14. Alvarez vs Riley

Let me know if there is anything in particular you want to know between the drafts and I will see if I can come up with it. Enjoy!
how many SP and RP did each draft take? i think i am the only one that plays both leegs…..i felt it was harder to find P in pie for some reason.

• Mackenzie Gore +103

Some other factoids:
First Round Cake vs Pie:
  1. Acuna vs Acuna
  2. Witt vs Witt
  3. Ohtani vs Betts
  4. J-Rodriguez vs Ohtani
  5. Carroll vs Soto
  6. Betts vs J-Rodriguez
  7. Soto vs Carroll
  8. Freeman vs Tucker
  9. Tucker vs Judge
  10. Tatis vs Freeman
  11. Olsen vs Strider
  12. Judge vs Tatis
  13. Turner vs Olsen
  14. Alvarez vs Riley

how many SP and RP did each draft take? i think i am the only one that plays both leegs…..i felt it was harder to find P in pie for some reason.
You ask and you shall receive:

Pie:
  • 56 RP
  • 111 SP
Cake:
  • 58 RP
  • 90 SP

*Note: Cake had a total of 392 players drafted while Pie had a total of 420 players drafted

**Note #2: I did only find 387 players listed in the Cake thread so there may be a few more of a certain position that I missed.

ETA: Note #3: thanks to kupcho I have updated and have all the players now. It added one RP to Cake. All other numbers are the same

Last edited:
Reactions: RnR

• Mackenzie Gore +103

Some other factoids:
First Round Cake vs Pie:
  1. Acuna vs Acuna
  2. Witt vs Witt
  3. Ohtani vs Betts
  4. J-Rodriguez vs Ohtani
  5. Carroll vs Soto
  6. Betts vs J-Rodriguez
  7. Soto vs Carroll
  8. Freeman vs Tucker
  9. Tucker vs Judge
  10. Tatis vs Freeman
  11. Olsen vs Strider
  12. Judge vs Tatis
  13. Turner vs Olsen
  14. Alvarez vs Riley

:ahem:

Have you guys every thought about having a percentage of each of the Pie and Cake leeg winnings be set aside and do a pot for a combined league winner? You don't have to do anything different but fold both league totals into one leeg and see how that shakes out.

Below is a table cross referencing the Pie & Cake leeg drafts. The number in each box represents the number of like players each team drafted. For example, Trogg and Eephus drafted two players the same. Here are some other notes:

• N/A: This means the number of players that team drafted that the other leeg did not draft at all. Trogg drafted 3 players that were not drafted in Pie
  • As you can see, Chem X really likes his players. He has 11 shared players between the leegs.
  • HellToupee really liked Hack & Pickles teams as he shares 5 players each with those teams
  • Kupcho and Frosty have 5 shared players between them to tie for second place for most shared players
  • RnR & Rodg12 really don't like Cake as they tied for the most players undrafted by Cake at 6
  • FDAS liked some diversity. He only drafted 4 shared players between his two teams. He is no Chem X
  • Greedy/Banana and FDAS/GM lead for shared player (4) for drafting out of the same draft slots (you can see that if you go diagonal through the table starting in the upper left). The draft order for Pie is left to right on the top and for Cake is top to bottom on the left.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about shared draft info and I will see if I can mine it from the data.

EephusGreedyFDASShadySpartyRated RHellToupeeKupchoExposRnRGallyRodgCharlie BXJamnyN/A
Trogg2311200140323123
Banana1421201122334110
GM1043141200132231
Frosty0132421514001202
Hack3102225031112140
X20131220310111100
Bogart3244222100212021
Cheese1202341124420011
FDAS4242410112230101
Stanley3321111123233011
Pickles2201115331202311
BeTheMatch0440201321202232