What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pizza Bagels, Genius! (1 Viewer)

And while I agree the players may be on the short end.  I hate players getting "rewarded" for acting like babies/distractions.  Oh I don't want to play for you anymore - I'll just complain and pount until I get my way
Agreed.  And while I see IB's point (and don't disagree,) giving him away sets a bad example.  It's kind of like giving in to a kid throwing a temper tantrum.  I'd rather keep him around, try to get his head on straight and work him back into the offense than have a 7th round pick and give future malcontents a blueprint on how to whine their way out of town.

JuJu never learned to drive a car so he's been riding a bike.  Looks like Bryant isn't giving it back either...
Appeared he needed the bike on his TD.  JuJu looked like he had a piano strapped to his back.  Got the job done though.

Great game overall though, other than the one bad drop on third down.  Couple of nice blocks too. Thinking Martavis' sphincter is tight enough to crack chestnuts right about now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between the suspensions and now this new BS, I’m ready for them to send Martavis packing, personally, assuming they’re not just giving him away. Mid-round pick would be fine by me.

I'll take the win but that type of play last night is not going to beat the top teams in the AFC.  I think it was just an off day for the defense as they've been playing very good lately.  The red zone stops were great but you can't put yourself in that position.  Ben still looks off (very off).  

I'll take the win but that type of play last night is not going to beat the top teams in the AFC.  I think it was just an off day for the defense as they've been playing very good lately.  The red zone stops were great but you can't put yourself in that position.  Ben still looks off (very off).  
Personally I wasn't too thrilled with the defensive game plan.  The Lions line was pretty banged up and the Steelers chose to rush only 3 or 4 most of the game.  I think a little more pressure would have made more sense.   

Ben is still off but I wouldn't say he is "very off".  He was victimized by some drops of easy catches Sunday night that would have been big gains and/or TDs.   The pick was a really poorly thrown ball though.  

Between the suspensions and now this new BS, I’m ready for them to send Martavis packing, personally, assuming they’re not just giving him away. Mid-round pick would be fine by me.
I'm not sure he would even fetch a 6th round pick.  Besides, a little competition is a good thing and I still think he can contribute this year.  Also you can never predict injuries:  I would hate to see us get in a situation where the likes of Cony Hamilton make up our receiving corps like they did last year in the playoffs.

Godsbrother said:
I'm not sure he would even fetch a 6th round pick.  Besides, a little competition is a good thing and I still think he can contribute this year.  Also you can never predict injuries:  I would hate to see us get in a situation where the likes of Cony Hamilton make up our receiving corps like they did last year in the playoffs.
Yeah, I don’t think it’s likely at all to happen, but I’d personally be OK with it if it did. Guy is utterly immature and unreliable in many ways, and IMO is overrated as a player on top of that. We’re now halfway through year 4, and he has yet to hit 100 career receptions or hit 800 yards in a season. He’s pretty much a “just a guy” WR2, if we’re being generous. Big and fast is great and all, but discipline, route running, and hands are just as, if not more, important.

Dump his ### this coming offseason for any reasonable offer (which is admittedly unlikely given the baggage).

Yeah, don't give up on him yet. There will come a time where they will need him to break open a game and he's shown he can do just that.  Assuming Ben pulls his head out his posterior, of course.

Ravens and Bengals lose. Good day for the Steelers so far.

Feels dirty rooting for the Cowboys, but do what I gotta do for the team.

I thought the o-line did a pretty poor job yesterday, both run blocking and pass protection.   Is the Colts front 7 that good?   I didn't think so but were pushing the o-line quite a bit.

Ben struggled in the 1st half but thought he did a much better in the 2nd half.   Nice to see Bryant and McDonald contribute.

The secondary had a few really bad breakdowns in the 1st half.  I'm not sure if they were better in the 2nd half or if it was more due to the pressure they were getting.   Haden's injury is a blow but they're saying he could be back in 5-6 weeks.

Special teams was a mess too.  A blocked PAT?  Come on.  They were really lucky that Berry & James hustled down there.

It was an ugly win but it was a win on the road so we'll take.  One thing you can say is this team is certainly not peaking too early.

The Titans are going to be challenge this week but at least we are not on the road on the short week and the Steelers typically play better at home and primetime.

I thought the o-line did a pretty poor job yesterday, both run blocking and pass protection.   Is the Colts front 7 that good?   I didn't think so but were pushing the o-line quite a bit.

Ben struggled in the 1st half but thought he did a much better in the 2nd half.   Nice to see Bryant and McDonald contribute.

The secondary had a few really bad breakdowns in the 1st half.  I'm not sure if they were better in the 2nd half or if it was more due to the pressure they were getting.   Haden's injury is a blow but they're saying he could be back in 5-6 weeks.

Special teams was a mess too.  A blocked PAT?  Come on.  They were really lucky that Berry & James hustled down there.

It was an ugly win but it was a win on the road so we'll take.  One thing you can say is this team is certainly not peaking too early.

The Titans are going to be challenge this week but at least we are not on the road on the short week and the Steelers typically play better at home and primetime.
The thing is I don't really even know what their peak is.  I can't tell if this is a good team or not.  I don't care what anyone says - Ben is not the same QB anymore.  Also, Ben and the receivers still don't seem to be on the same page.  That should not be happening at this stage of the season for what should be a well oiled machine.  

However, barring a complete collapse, they'll make the playoffs.  Likely will have to go through N.E. again and there is nothing that I've seen from this team that would suggest that they can beat N.E.  Quite frankly I had a lot more confidence in last year's team.  This week will be a nice test.  Would love to see a thumping.  

The thing is I don't really even know what their peak is.  I can't tell if this is a good team or not.  I don't care what anyone says - Ben is not the same QB anymore.  Also, Ben and the receivers still don't seem to be on the same page.  That should not be happening at this stage of the season for what should be a well oiled machine.  

However, barring a complete collapse, they'll make the playoffs.  Likely will have to go through N.E. again and there is nothing that I've seen from this team that would suggest that they can beat N.E.  Quite frankly I had a lot more confidence in last year's team.  This week will be a nice test.  Would love to see a thumping.  
I think they are good relative to most of the league and that plus a very favorable schedule will be enough to win the division and probably secure a first round bye (although after seeing this performance maybe a bye is not a good thing).

I agree that Ben is certainly not playing up to his usual standard but has shown flashes.  As I said earlier I thought he played pretty well in the 2nd half.  We just have to hope that he and the rest of the offense get things straightened out -- there is plenty of time for that to happen.

One other thing that was a major problem was the sloppy tackling shown by the defense, especially in the first half.   It certainly allowed Indy to keep some drives alive that shouldn't have been.

Their defense is still good. Apparently, Heyward begged the coaches to let them rush with their front four after the last Colt TD and from that point on, they shutdown the Colts. Sucks to lose Haden but this is the first time their 22 starters played together.  Something had to give.

This is a very talented team, but right now it's not a very good one. They play down to opponents, especially on the road. They can't seem to tackle with any reliability (especially our DBs or Shazier). Ben can't find his deep ball, especially when targeting Bryant (that INT was his fault and Bryants, for not fighting back to the ball). Our O-line is underperforming like crazy, they keep getting pushed around by lesser talent.

Our team is still in a prime position to not only win the AFC North, but also to get a Bye or Home Field Advantage in the playoffs. The only good team left on the schedule is the Patriots, but I'd be surprised if we didn't lose 2-3 of our last 7 games. If we can manage to get home field advantage, and stay relatively healthy, we have an excellent shot of making the Super Bowl.

Then we'd just have to take on the NFC Contender, and the NFC looks much stronger than the AFC right now. It's a youth movement (outside the Saints), but the Eagles, Rams, Saints, and Vikings are all playing very well.

Hopefully the players are just focused on the game tomorrow. The Titans are on a 4 game winning streak, have a strong run-defense, and a strong running game. We have the talent to win, but we need to execute better than we have been. If Big Ben has a get right game, we could win by 3 scores. If not, it's going to be a close one.

I could definitely see a loss tonight.  The Titans are going to move the ball bu[t I'm hoping Bell has a big day.  I agree that the O-line has to play much, much better for this team to have a shot at doing anything special.  Unless things change, I just don't see how we get past the Patriots in the playoffs.  As usual and in typical mid-season form, they look like a well oiled machine again.  The concerning thing is we are now 8 weeks into the season and not really showing signs of improvement.  The Patriots on the other hand are trending upwards.

Tonight will be a big test against a decent team (possibly playoff team).  I really hope they don't come out flat.  

This is the kind of game the Steeler over perform expectations (mostly because they've lowered expectations with their play to date).  This is a home game on national television, a spot where they have done very well in the past.  I say the Steelers play a good game and win rather easily.  Now, I won't be surprised if they come out flat and lose because they can't stop the run or whatever, but I don't think that will happen.

fred_1_15301 said:
I could definitely see a loss tonight.  The Titans are going to move the ball bu[t I'm hoping Bell has a big day.  I agree that the O-line has to play much, much better for this team to have a shot at doing anything special.  Unless things change, I just don't see how we get past the Patriots in the playoffs.  As usual and in typical mid-season form, they look like a well oiled machine again.  The concerning thing is we are now 8 weeks into the season and not really showing signs of improvement.  The Patriots on the other hand are trending upwards.

Tonight will be a big test against a decent team (possibly playoff team).  I really hope they don't come out flat.  
Of course you have every reason to be concerned with the way the offense has under performed but there is room for optimism with the way they played in the second half.  I think they showed that Ben still has some gas left in the tank and it is possible to mix in Bryant and even MacDonald while still using JuJu, AB and Bell.   I would really like to see them move away from the WR screens and go with quick outs to the sideline and slants over the middle and when the heat is on dump the ball off to Bell and/or a TE.   

I am hoping that Ben's familiarity with Coach LeBeau's defense turns out to be an advantage.  In particular I hope they take advantage of the big cushions that LeBeau used to give when he was our OC.  I could see JuJu, Bryant and especially AB really make them pay for that.

Finally I am not a bit concerned with the Patriots in the playoffs at the moment.  That is still a long way to go and a lot can happen between now and then.  For now I just want to beat the Titans and remain relatively healthy.

Of course you have every reason to be concerned with the way the offense has under performed but there is room for optimism with the way they played in the second half.  I think they showed that Ben still has some gas left in the tank and it is possible to mix in Bryant and even MacDonald while still using JuJu, AB and Bell.   I would really like to see them move away from the WR screens and go with quick outs to the sideline and slants over the middle and when the heat is on dump the ball off to Bell and/or a TE.   

I am hoping that Ben's familiarity with Coach LeBeau's defense turns out to be an advantage.  In particular I hope they take advantage of the big cushions that LeBeau used to give when he was our OC.  I could see JuJu, Bryant and especially AB really make them pay for that.

Finally I am not a bit concerned with the Patriots in the playoffs at the moment.  That is still a long way to go and a lot can happen between now and then.  For now I just want to beat the Titans and remain relatively healthy.
It's not even on the back of your mind?      :)

Ok Steeler fans... why all the hate from everything I read about this matchup against TEN? 

Is it the touchdown head start PIT is giving TEN? and people are just loving that? 

Is it 4.2 YPC PIT is giving up going against a team with 2 great RBs and a mobile QB (who sprained an ankle last week)? 

No one has mentioned that TEN has beaten CLE and BAL by only 3, beat IND by 14 but had to score 21 in the fourth quarter to do it. Lost to MIA and CIN... 

PIT's home record historically is outstanding. This seems like a lock to me... :shrug:  

Staking my survivor on it right now, but getting nervous the more I read about it

Not sure what 93.7 The Fan is going to talk about now that the offense scored >30 pts. but I'm sure those idiots will find something to complain about

I was one of the many nervous about this game. Turns out, the team might not be as bad as they have been.

They played 6 of their first 9 games on the road and the home games were against the Jags, Cincy, and Vikings, three of the best defenses in the league. Big Ben has historically been bad on the road and it's acceptable to not be great against the best defenses as long as you win (Jags excepted). The Steelers now have a lot of home games to end the season, if we can continue to use the no-huddle, this could be the new normal.

As long as the Steelers can avoid overlooking weak opponents, and not play down to the Texans on the road, we have a great shot of ending the year 14-2. The Pats will be tough, especially with their defensive improvements, but at home we'll be on even footing and Leveon will take them down.

I really like your coaching staff.  Would love to have these guys in Dallas.

It pains me to say, but right now the Steelers are the best team in the league and my favorite to win the Lombardi (AGAIN)

Was really watching Shuster close last night and this guy is going to be not good but a great WR for the future.  Looking at the way Shuster runs his routes and he looks very powerful coming in and out of his cuts.   Hard to believe that Bryant was complaining about him.

I really like your coaching staff.  Would love to have these guys in Dallas.

It pains me to say, but right now the Steelers are the best team in the league and my favorite to win the Lombardi (AGAIN)
Don’t think I can anoint them best team in the league but last night’s win was impressive.  The defense could be great if they can just improve on the tackling.  Ben has lost a step but still has more than enough weapons to do plenty of damage.  

If Baltimore passes the Peterman-led Bills and gets the #6 seed, we would go into the playoffs having faced all 5 of the other AFC playoff teams during the regular season.  I wonder how often that happens....

Was really watching Shuster close last night and this guy is going to be not good but a great WR for the future.  Looking at the way Shuster runs his routes and he looks very powerful coming in and out of his cuts.   Hard to believe that Bryant was complaining about him.
Well he’s top 5 in dumbest football players in the league. He could be a better GM than Dan Marino I suppose but that’s about it.

The AFC East is horrendous.  The Bills and Dolphins have thrown in the towel and the Jets are terrible.  There is no way New England is losing another game.  The Steelers only chance to get that homefield is to win out.  I don't think a bye is enough because I don't like their chances going into Foxboro in January (and I don't care how good they look at that point).  

Apparently my brother wrote up a detailed strategy on how to beat the Patriots and sent it to the Steelers front office.  When he received no response, he sent it to Ben's agent.  Apparently Ben's agent asked Ben to send it to the front office.  I believe Ben actually did and that's as far as it got    :lmao:      He has a little bit of time on his hands.

bananafish said:
Sure it would be nice if New England lost a game or two and Pittsburgh got home field in a roundabout way, but it feels dirty and beta-ish to root for it to happen.

If they want home field they have to beat the Pats on the field. The way it should be.
I learned a new word today!

Users who are viewing this thread