What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff pay per view? No effing way (1 Viewer)

I had no idea bill chargers was a peacock only game....from what I read if you take out the simulcast numbers it streamed low 6 mill. Worst number minus the London games

now requires them to pay for what used to be accessible for free.
Unless you’re using rabbit ears (or similar) this hasn’t been free in many years.
$20 antenna from Amazon. Been using it for years.
Yep. Got one.l of those a few months ago . It's shaped like a mouse pad and sticks to window. Downloaded app that has local TV guide. The idea was to cuty cable cord. Just still haven't. Smh
I bought one but couldn’t get good reception
Very important to set it up near or on a window. Also, some come with signal boosters which can help. And your distance from a tower will make a difference, too.

By the way, cut the cord. I did it, and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

I refuse to pay to watch this game so I will not be forking over the $5. Obviously it's not the money it's the principle. Everyone who pays to watch this will be to blame when more and more games are placed on Peacock next year.
Will it be my fault if I already had peacock?

:oldunsure:

I refuse to pay to watch this game so I will not be forking over the $5. Obviously it's not the money it's the principle. Everyone who pays to watch this will be to blame when more and more games are placed on Peacock next year.
I hate to be the bear of bad news, but I expect in 5 years every game will be PPV and there will be no in market games.. NFL is leaning to do this and I believe this is a trail run.

Unless you’re using rabbit ears (or similar) this hasn’t been free in many years.
Yep. Got one.l of those a few months ago . It's shaped like a mouse pad and sticks to window. Downloaded app that has local TV guide. The idea was to cuty cable cord. Just still haven't. Smh
Very important to set it up near or on a window. Also, some come with signal boosters which can help. And your distance from a tower will make a difference, too.

The cord was cut almost a year ago after multiple “discussions” with the wife.
I might have not set up the antenna right, but it was on the window.
I might try again but we donated the antenna to the thrift shop.

I hate to be the bear of bad news, but I expect in 5 years every game will be PPV and there will be no in market games.. NFL is leaning to do this and I believe this is a trail run.
as long as they still offer redzone at a good price, I’m in

Last edited:
Would not surprise me. Why should only the NFL get people's money for NFL games? So much room here to allow other Corporations a taste and bring in 10x the revenues.

FWIW guys, I don't have NFL network or Redzone. I watch a lot of games on streaming websites of questionable reputations.
I am waiting for the FBI to knock on my door because my son had to watch the Stony Brook - Drexel women's basketball game on some site in China.

I'm good with that. I barely watch any games now. Just need the stats for fantasy. They can keep the soap opera and dramatizations.

This would be completely fine with me, as long as there is a package deal on offer.

My objection to the status quo is that the NFL refuses to sell me their games as a package.

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
I have a Capital One Quicksilver Credit Card that I have had for a few years.
I am in their Capital One Shopping Program.
I just went to the Peacock site to look for a free trial,didn't find one,
So I clicked to sign up for a month at $5.99
When I did my Capital One Shopping program "popped up" with a discount offer.
If I use my Capital One Quicksilver Card to sign up for the month of Peacock at $5.99...
Capital One will give me an $8.00 rebate.
I am being PAID $2.01 to watch the Peacock game and get a month of Peacock.
Thank you Capital One.
Use your technology folks.

I'm 40 miles from the nearest station. Antenna Web says I need a large antenna with amp. And then I'd need to do that for 3 TVs. Pass.

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
If I use my Capital One Quicksilver Card to sign up for the month of Peacock at $5.99...
Thank you Capital One.
Its not about the $5. You are missing the point

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
Thank you Capital One.
Its not about the $5. You are missing the point
But I won't be missing the game

If you want to parcel out blame, you could look a bit deeper than this one game on Peacock. We saw upthread that the NFL accounted for 93 of the top 100 most-watched US TV broadcasts last year. (https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1743285386246328380) This is nothing new but has become the norm year after year. I expect the owners are looking at this incredible dominance of the American media market and asking Goodell why the league has not monetized this more than they have. If the total commercialization of the sport including longer and more intrusive commercial breaks didn't move the needle one bit, why would they stop there? NBC has been covering the NFL for as long as most of us have been alive. They know what they're doing and they understand the market and their customers. This has surely been in works for years, its not going to fail and is absolutely the future regardless of this one game.

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
Thank you Capital One.
I flew on JetBlue last week and they have some sort of free deal for Peacock. I bookmarked the site in case it ended up being the Lions game, but fortunately, that didn't happen

ETA: Here's the offer. If you're a TrueBlue member (ie, free loyalty program) you get 1K miles and two free months when you sign up.

(And yes, I get that it's not about the money.)

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
Thank you Capital One.
So now I gotta sign up for Capital One Quicksilver credit card AND Peacock just to watch a football game? Sheesh

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
Thank you Capital One.
So now I gotta sign up for Capital One Quicksilver credit card AND Peacock just to watch a football game? Sheesh
What's in your wallet?

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
Thank you Capital One.
What's in your wallet?
Wallet?
I have an ID type thing that holds my DL and like 1 debit/cc, I keep folded cash/bills in my front pocket
The ID is a thin piece of leather that I barely notice when I have it in my back pocket.

But I see these guys with fat wallets and thick stacks of plastic cards
SMH

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
Thank you Capital One.
...and in the future it will get more involved

Everyone just calm down.
Take a pill.
Use your technology.
Thank you Capital One.
What's in your wallet?
Saturday Night playoff football

Xfinity/Comcast has a thing they give a free Peacock subscription, only reason I'll be able to see it.

If you want to parcel out blame, you could look a bit deeper than this one game on Peacock. We saw upthread that the NFL accounted for 93 of the top 100 most-watched US TV broadcasts last year. (https://twitter.com/JoePompliano/status/1743285386246328380) This is nothing new but has become the norm year after year. I expect the owners are looking at this incredible dominance of the American media market and asking Goodell why the league has not monetized this more than they have. If the total commercialization of the sport including longer and more intrusive commercial breaks didn't move the needle one bit, why would they stop there? NBC has been covering the NFL for as long as most of us have been alive. They know what they're doing and they understand the market and their customers. This has surely been in works for years, its not going to fail and is absolutely the future regardless of this one game.
Sure, if the viewers agree to keep bending over and taking it up their 4th point of contact. Or, ya know, you can be like me and not watch.

I can absolutely afford $5. That's not the point. The point is, I'm drawing a line in the sand and saying "no thank you". Hopefully others join me and the ratings are so bad they get afraid to do this again for a couple years.

Sure, if the viewers agree to keep bending over and taking it up their 4th point of contact. Or, ya know, you can be like me and not watch.

I can absolutely afford $5. That's not the point. The point is, I'm drawing a line in the sand and saying "no thank you". Hopefully others join me and the ratings are so bad they get afraid to do this again for a couple years.
Im with you

Im with you
So am I.

You should/could ditch cable and get sling you get all the channels for like $45/mo, I have everything I need with sling, all without the bloated price of cable .

Im with you
So am I.
I AM SPARTACUS!!!!

You should/could ditch cable and get sling you get all the channels for like $45/mo, I have everything I need with sling, all without the bloated price of cable .
Since I don't know the full answer I know I would need Roku/fire stick whatever but how does this work for 5 TV's?

Eta I don't have a smart tv

Also I noticed anything I cast to my home theater the lip sync is off but plugged directly it appears fine, is this an issue?

Im with you
So am I.
I AM SPARTACUS!
And we all know what happened to him

Im with you
So am I.
I AM SPARTACUS!!!!

and my axe!

I am drawing the same line in the sand as well. Someone upstream said that the game would be rebroadcast later that night in NFLN I believe so I'll catch it then.

Users who are viewing this thread