What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Setup Question (1 Viewer)

bleachercreacher

Footballguy
In a 6 team seeded playoff with the top 2 teams getting byes how does the second round go? MFL automatically set up our tournament to where the number one seed gets a bye and plays the winner of the game between the number 3 and 6 seeds. I thought that the number 1 seed would get the winner of the 4 and 5 game. Thanks for any input.

unfortunately i do not think that MFL has it set up to work any other way. In our league, we have the #1 seed play the lowest remaining seed after the first week of the playoffs. The #2 seed would play the other team remaining. Because MFL sets it up to where the winner of the 3/6 seeded game the lowest remaining seed doesn't always play #1. What we had to do was go in and switch the 1 & 2 seed to make sure that the 1 seed was playing the lowest seed remaining.

I'm not sure why MFL does it that way, but they do. It's in our rules and bylaws however, so that's what we go by. If it's not in your rules, you might not want to mess with it though...

just my $.02 though...hope it helps.

Why would you let MFL decide how to run your league? Just set your brackets up manually.

We've got it set up so that 1 & 2 have a bye. Then in round two, 1 plays the 4/5 winner, while 2 plays the 3/6 winner. It's basically the same as an 8-team playoff, with the assumption that 1 and 2 win in round 1.

You may have to set up a second bracket to get this to work, but it's not difficult.

I manually set my matchups so that lowest plays highest, regardless

the preset MFL bracket forces a result you might not want--to me, it's worth the extra couple minutes to manually enter the matchups set up in our rules

Do you see a problem here with the way your league seeds? I do. If #3 beats #6, which they should, then #1 has to play #3 in the next round where #2 will at worst play #4. The number one team is being penalized for being #1. That imo is so wrong. If I was the #1 team going into the last week or so of the regular season, I would tank a game so that I would get the #2 seed. You guys imo should fix that. If #3 beats #6, #1 should play winner of #4 vs. #5. That is how the NFL does it.

Why would you let MFL decide how to run your league? Just set your brackets up manually.We've got it set up so that 1 & 2 have a bye. Then in round two, 1 plays the 4/5 winner, while 2 plays the 3/6 winner. It's basically the same as an 8-team playoff, with the assumption that 1 and 2 win in round 1.You may have to set up a second bracket to get this to work, but it's not difficult.

In a 6 team seeded playoff with the top 2 teams getting byes how does the second round go?
It goes how your league playoff rules say it goes.
MFL automatically set up our tournament to where the number one seed gets a bye and plays the winner of the game between the number 3 and 6 seeds. I thought that the number 1 seed would get the winner of the 4 and 5 game. Thanks for any input.
What MFL does by default and what should be are two entirely different things.Do it how your league rules say it works.Personally, I'm fond of reseeding after every round, and setting the matchups manually on whatever site handles league management.Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread