What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible LJ Landing Spot News Only (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Coach Gary Kubiak indicated at his Monday press conference that the Texans plan to do their due diligence on waived RB Larry Johnson.

Texans fans are pulling for the team to pursue L.J. "We'll go back and take a look at him just like any other player," Kubiak said. Johnson has a 2.7 YPC average for the year, but has lost just one fumble on 132 carries. The Texans continue to be concerned with their running backs' ball security after Ryan Moats lost a fumble at the goal line in Houston's Week 9 loss.

Source: Nick Scurfield on Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam Schefter says that one of the (I don't know if he said *the*) preferred destinations for LJ is Pittsburgh. He went to school in the area & he was hoping to be drafted by the Steelers out of college. Schefter said LJ would like to join the Steelers for a SB run.

Adam Schefter says that one of the (I don't know if he said *the*) preferred destinations for LJ is Pittsburgh. He went to school in the area & he was hoping to be drafted by the Steelers out of college. Schefter said LJ would like to join the Steelers for a SB run.
So are you saying he doesn't mind being a backup?

He has to clear waivers before he gets to choose which team to sign with. Whichever team is willing to pay his contract gets him on their team.

he's better than any RB on their roster.

It is possible LJ does clear waivers. I think Schefter said it would cost a claiming team 2.5 MIL for the rest of the year.

jurb26 said:
Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
:bow:
:rant:

jurb26 said:
Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
:hot:
:unsure:
are you guys talking about Larry Johnson?at this point in his career, I'd have to say I strongly disagree. Just don't see the burst he used to have

damageinc said:
When does waivers end for him , just curious.
I believe Tuesday. If a team decides to get him before, they have to pay the rest of the $2.5 mil owed him. Not sure if someone wants to go that far for a stop-gap or eventual backup. But hey, teams have done stupid things before...

damageinc said:
I believe Tuesday. If a team decides to get him before, they have to pay the rest of the $2.5 mil owed him. Not sure if someone wants to go that far for a stop-gap or eventual backup. But hey, teams have done stupid things before...
i thought claiming Chambers was a stupid thing. Seriously, what do we know?I think ATL makes sense due to injuries to Snelling/Norwood

jurb26 said:
Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
:goodposting:
:goodposting: :goodposting:

damageinc said:
i thought claiming Chambers was a stupid thing. Seriously, what do we know?I think ATL makes sense due to injuries to Snelling/Norwood
IMO Atlanta would need a pass catching RB. LJ is more like Turner, whom is in his prime.

are you guys talking about Larry Johnson?at this point in his career, I'd have to say I strongly disagree. Just don't see the burst he used to have
He's have an important role but likely not start.I wonder if he still believes going to the pro-bowl is more important than the Super Bowl.

damageinc said:
IMO Atlanta would need a pass catching RB. LJ is more like Turner, whom is in his prime.
Agreed. I'm not saying he would be terrible on the Falcons but I don't really see why they would do it or what it buys them.

:goodposting: if we were looking simply at his role and where he'd fit in best with, I'd take him over White. I just can't see the Titans signing him, especially this year.

damageinc said:
Do you really think LJ is going to go somewhere and be the starter this season?Turner is so good he doesn't need a back-up?

Do you really think LJ is going to go somewhere and be the starter this season?
I think it's quite reasonable. The Texans have nobody significant. The Patriots could use a guy. Julius Jones is nothing special.Those are just three teams I've thought of off the top of my head that imo would have a great chance of him becoming the starter.

I'm sure Johnson would LOVE to sign with Pittsburgh.

He almost certainly won't even be a blip on their radar unless Willie Parker's leg has fallen off and went unreported....and even then they still probably wouldn't sign him.

damageinc said:
Do you really think LJ is going to go somewhere and be the starter this season?Turner is so good he doesn't need a back-up?
Never said that. All I said was that the Falcons need a pass catching RB more than they need a bruiser. The bruiser is their lead back, no need for another one. And there isn't a back in the league too good for a backup, that's why teams usually carry 3+ backs.

So when we say "news only", do we also mean speculation? :coffee:

Can't imagine this thread has made it this far discussing a premier bad-attitude player like LJ without somehow linking him to the Raiders.

I didn't say it was practical (or even possible), just that we have to respect thread-tradition. :no:

jurb26 said:
Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
:thumbup:
:lmao:
:confused: :confused: :confused: One for each of you. Some random shots:Giants? Some injury/depth issues and they are believers in the committee. GB? I seem to remember this as a rumor before, but could be mistaken.NE? see giants.Indy? I have to think their ypc is one of the worst in the league

Do you really think LJ is going to go somewhere and be the starter this season?
I think it's quite reasonable. The Texans have nobody significant. The Patriots could use a guy. Julius Jones is nothing special.Those are just three teams I've thought of off the top of my head that imo would have a great chance of him becoming the starter.
;) Cleveland--even if LJ is running backwards he has to be faster/better than Jamal Lewis at this point... not that they would sign him at this point.. but he'd start there IMO.SD needs a back... how many weeks could they not punch it in from the 2? LT looks toasted --12 for 22.. sproles is a 3rd down COP back... LJ could power it in.

damageinc said:
Somehow I think even the Chiefs are unlikely to claim LJ from waivers... :unsure:

Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
LOL, not even close.

jurb26 said:
Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
:shrug:
:goodposting:
No offense, but you guys are f-ing nuts.

Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
:shrug:

Oh and there is a 0% chance Pittsburgh brings in a guy like Johnson. Maybe less than 0%, if that were possible.

Larry says, "I need a dysfunctional team that has a decent run blocking offensive line and has shown a propensity in the past to sign aging malcontent head cases. And I need to get back at my former team." Paging Mr. Davis...Mr. Al Davis...

Atlanta?Seriously?After the Vick PR black eye?
Being in ATL, I'd have to agree. 0 chance of him coming here. Even if Turner torn an ACL, they still wouldn't even consider it. ATL basically had 0 interest in re-signing michael boley because he liked to beat up chicks.

The first team I thought would be interested was the Bengals, especially with the amount of touches Benson gets and their disconcern for character issues in players (Benson, Chris Henry, Tank Johnson, etc)

Per KFFL:

Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:58:20 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Chicago Bears have not ruled out free-agent RB Larry Johnson (Chiefs). Head coach Lovie Smith said, "Any player that's available, we look at. That's been our standard policy throughout. That'll be the case with Larry."
I keep thinking Seattle should be interested

KFFL:

Adam Kilgore, of The Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was asked during his weekly appearance on WEEI if the team would consider brining in free-agent RB Larry Johnson. Belichick said, "I would doubt it."

Seems to me a lot of people in this thread are viewing LJ through 2006 glasses... Better than anyone on the Steelers? The Chargers? The Pats? Atl for depth?

Whatever you guys are smoking, I'll take two dime bags, please.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Oakland, whom the Chiefs play this week.

I mean, just when you think Al Davis can't do anything crazier.......

Banger said:
JohnnyU said:
sib said:
;) :unsure: :lmao:

Houston will consider adding him. Houston is tired of the fumbles and needs a big back talent upgrade from Brown.

Also, Kubiak wants to save his job.

The first team I thought would be interested was the Bengals, especially with the amount of touches Benson gets and their disconcern for character issues in players (Benson, Chris Henry, Tank Johnson, etc)
No thank you. I'll take Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard as backups to Benson any day of the week.

No thank you. I'll take Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard as backups to Benson any day of the week.
They aren't going to carry 4, and BScott and Leonard aren't going anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread