What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Draft Survivor (1 Viewer)

That's very weird.

I'm certain I checked the League Rules at the MFL site, recently, right after I linked into, as I was comparing with previous SSL and MBSL which I have all archived, and I for sure thought it said 1.5 for this League.

It definitely says 2 now.
My apologies if that screwed anyone up.

I might have figured out what happened, maybe those with Commish access can corroborate so I don't think I'm crazy.

The MFL League template we are using for this 2024 MBSL 1 League, it appears, was copied and updated/repurposed from the 2022 PDSL League, whose League Rules have TE scoring 1.5PPR.

I linked into this League right after I got the invite , and went right to the rules to see if any of the proposed changes we'd been talking about had been implemented.

Maybe I viewed the 2024 League Rules prior to them being converted to MBSL rules from 2022 PDSL Rules, and they were updated afterwards.

...at least that's what I think may have happened.

It's just as likely that I might be crazy, as well.

when I clicked on the link and looked under settings it did indeed say 1.5 PPR for TE....which I was happy about....but now it says 2....

Great drafting on the first day. We got through the entire first round, which is a bit unusual for these as we typically have one or two who forget about the start date.

Summary

QB - 0
RB - 5
WR - 7
TE - 4

How many bargains and how many reaches will be determined in about five months.

I was blessed to be elected to a board position in our local HOA and today is hopefully our final work day for landscaping our entrance. Since it will likely be only my wife and I, it would be all right to take most of this second day to make the next eight picks or so. Catch up with y'all later.

blessed to be elected to a board position in our local HOA
Good luck.
I was the treasurer and architectural review board lead for a couple years. Quit a few months into COVID. I knew people were whiny before but that got ridiculous.

I was blessed to be elected to a board position in our local HOA and today is hopefully our final work day for landscaping our entrance. Since it will likely be only my wife and I, it would be all right to take most of this second day to make the next eight picks or so. Catch up with y'all later.

Per the bolded above, I'm the 2.11, the pick before rzrback77. In the interest of respecting his wishes, while keeping the Draft moving, everyone from current OTC @BassNBrew through 2.10 @Go DC Yourself should go ahead and pick without delay.

When it gets to me, if he's not back on board, I'll post my pick here, and it can be entered in MFL Steve or Bass when he's back on board.

Sound like plan?

In the best 'Olde English' accent I can muster: "The Bye Weeks are here! The Bye Weeks are here!"

Week 05: Eagles, Lions, Titans, Chargers
Week 06: Vikings, Rams, Dolphins, Chiefs
Week 07: Cowboys, Bears

Week 08: - nada -

Week 09: 49'ers, Steelers
Week 10: Packers, Seahawks, Browns, Raiders
Week 11: Giants, Buccaneers, Panthers, Cardinals
Week 12: Falcons, Saints, Bills, Jets, Bengals, Jaguars

Week 13: - nada -

Week 14: Commanders, Patriots, Ravens, Colts, Texans, Broncos

I'm looking forward to seeing how this upcoming turn goes, with the next 10 picks before it gets back to me at 3.06.

Similar to ARSB, Pacheco is a player who it's taken me time to come around on, but I'll be damned if the Chiefs didn't do anything to address the RB room, so his strong finish with McKinnon out over the last several weeks of the 23 season ought to keep right on chugging away. Big Andy sure loves himself some IP, and he caught 44 balls over 14 games, including 19 over the last 4, and 12 in 4 playoff games. With all the WR gymnastics going on in KC, maybe a full-season healthy Pacheco catches north of 50 balls?

I ruminated over about 1/2 dozen players here. Maybe one will squeak through the gauntlet!

Last edited:
Start off with

McCaffrey
Olave
Jake Ferguson

McCaffrey was an easy first pick IMO. As long as he is healthy he is still the main cheat code in fantasy at this time.
I hate picking #1 even in a 12-'team draft and it is even worse with 16 of us. It is just so long back to picks 32 and 33. I feel like my hands are tied into picking certain positions since I know I would basically be abandoning WR and TE if those weren't the picks. I feel like I can be happier with one of the QBs that fall to me in 30+ picks, after the inevitable QB run coming up, then being stuck with 3.5 pts a week at TE.
I like Olave and his game mproved from year 1 to 2 so I'm anxious to see how he performs in year 3 and another year with his QB .
Ferguson can hopefully remain the #2 target in Dallas and give me solid production at 2ppr even if his TD production isn't top tier.

35 picks in, just a few thoughts:

It’s not surprising to see TEs fly off the board. I feel like I’m in a spot where it didn’t make sense to take a TE with the way things have unfolded. I had expected Kincaid, Pitts or Engram to fall to 2.06 but oh well.

I might be putting too much faith in Raheem and Zac but I think Bijan joins the RB elite this year. I’m quite happy that he fell to 11. Not that there’s any bad picks so far.

Do bye weeks really matter here? :oldunsure:

I was very close to taking Etienne over Garrett Wilson.

Allen being the first QB taken makes sense. Good value at 3.02 I think.

11 RB, 11 TE, 12 WR taken so far. It doesn’t get more even than that.

Apologies for the delay. I got back home around 5:00, but then the wifey decided to do our back yard as well, and I just had to help. I am in the house now and will look things over as quickly as I can, but my brain is almost as fried as my back and my legs.

Thanks for the patience.

RB - D. Henry BLT
WR - Tyreek Hill MIA
TE - G. Kittle SF

I felt like I got a quality player at each position in the first three rounds, so now I can look more for value than having a positional need.

:thumbup: I'm here. I'm good. I'm also unsurprised to hear that MFL still doesn't acknowledge when someone accesses their own site from their 10-year-old app rather than their 25-year-old web interface. :lol:

1.10 LaPorta, Sam DET TE
2.07 Harrison Jr., Marvin ARI WR (R)
3.10 Moore, D.J. CHI WR

Kinda like the value that has fallen to me at each slot so far. Was hoping that Henry or KW3 might slip to me, but even then I'm not sure I'd have pulled the trigger on either ahead of Moore.

:thumbup: I'm here. I'm good. I'm also unsurprised to hear that MFL still doesn't acknowledge when someone accesses their own site from their 10-year-old app rather than their 25-year-old web interface. :lol:

1.10 LaPorta, Sam DET TE
3.10 Moore, D.J. CHI WR

Kinda like the value that has fallen to me at each slot so far. Was hoping that Henry or KW3 might slip to me, but even then I'm not sure I'd have pulled the trigger on either ahead of Moore.
DJ Moore has the skills to be outstanding in most NFL offenses, but I am concerned for this season, The first is his QB, but even as a rookie, you would expect Williams to be more productive in the passing game than Fields. But, to me the hit to Moore comes with the additions that the Bears made at the receiver position. Keenan Allen is very good and historically gets a large target share and the rookie Odunze is also skilled. And they have two decent TEs in Kmet and Everett. Final concern could be more of an outlier statistical anomaly, but he has better seasons in odd years.

18 - 55 catches
20 - 66
22 - 63
24 - ?

19 - 87
21 - 93
23 - 96

As we near the end of the third round...

QB - 1
RB - 13
WR - 19
TE - 13

RB - Nobody has doubled up at the RB position, so we have three teams without one (one of these teams has not yet picked in the 3rd round)

WR - Five teams with two already, nine with one, and two without one (one of these teams has not yet picked in the 3rd round)

TE - Two teams have two and they are both FBG Staffers, nine teams have one, and five have not yet drafted a TE

LAYER2023 PTSBYEACQUIRED
Robinson, Bijan ATL RB (Q)252.3121.11
Wilson, Garrett NYJ WR217.2122.06
Bowers, Brock LVR TE (R) (Q)103.11

Bowers probably isn’t Laporta, but hopefully he’s closer to him than Pitts. Had to take the risk there.

I felt like I got a quality player at each position in the first three rounds, so now I can look more for value than having a positional need.
Yep. Although more risk in the 3rd than I usually prefer.

I don't find any saved drafts from 22 or 23, but I do have a draft dominator file for the 2021 SSL1 league. In that one we only had 13 drafters and totaled the following at the end of the third round...

QB - 1 (Mahomes)

RB - 17 (including CEH, Antonio Gibson and James Robinson)

WR - 14 (including Allen Robinson)

TE - 7 (Waller was TE2)

I don't find any saved drafts from 22 or 23, but I do have a draft dominator file for the 2021 SSL1 league. In that one we only had 13 drafters and totaled the following at the end of the third round...

QB - 1 (Mahomes)

RB - 17 (including CEH, Antonio Gibson and James Robinson)

WR - 14 (including Allen Robinson)

TE - 7 (Waller was TE2)
I don't have any historical draft data on the SLs, but it kinda tracks that adding a flex spot to lineups should make the draft more WR-heavy. There are probably 70+ fantasy-relevant WRs in any given week so a lot of folks will be leaning on their WR4's scores to flesh out lineups.

@rzrback77 , I think your 2021 file might be pertaining to either MBSL1 (13 Drafters, a sprint 20-Rounder completed between 09/07 and 09/11)...

...or BTSW/Summer Of Love (13 Drafters, Epic Marathon 24-Rounder completed between 06/18 and 07/12.

2021 SSL1 was 16 Drafters held during the usual SSL time (technically, I think this current Draft should be an SSL (Spring Survivor League), as in the past MBSL' s were held closer to the start of the NFL Season, as far as I can tell). That 18-Round/No Flex Draft was completed between 05/09 and 05/26, so, right about the same time period as now.

That Draft's 1st 3 Rounds played out as follows:

QB - 2 (Mahomes, Allen) Kyler Murray taken as QB3 at 4.01 by Old Milwaukee, who coincidentally is also picking 16th in our current Draft!

RB - 22

WR - 17

TE - 7

https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=68377&O=113&CMD=GRID&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&ARCHIVE=* (for an amusing look back in history)

Some nice picks guys. If I hadn’t been in the middle of a hole at 10000 ft I would have taken Archane over Lamar.

Got home from errands and I was about seven picks away. Discovered that one of our giant storm damage limbs fell, so had to do some trimming small portions and chain-sawing trunk portions and then of course carry them about 100 feet to the burn pile. Headed for the pool, but checked first and saw OTC. GIve me a few to catch up

1.10 LaPorta, Sam DET TE
3.10 Moore, D.J. CHI WR
4.07 Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR - Wasn't planning on a 3rd WR this early, but there's no excuse for Waddle falling out of the top 20 WRs in a best-ball format. I'll get all his 20+ point weeks without having to worry about the 2/30/0 stat lines.
5.10 Murray, Kyler ARI QB - I actually prefer one or two other QBs who were on the board here ... but, again, it's best-ball, so it's worth sacrificing 1ppg or whatever to build a stack with my (and his) WR1.

4.07 Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR - Wasn't planning on a 3rd WR this early, but there's no excuse for Waddle falling out of the top 20 WRs in a best-ball format. I'll get all his 20+ point weeks without having to worry about the 2/30/0 stat lines
I was close to taking him over Mixon, but figured I could get WR later and like them about equally this year. Good pick imo.

My team might be too heavy on risk.

QB: Love was one of the remaining three I have in this tier, it’s always hard to decide when to draft QB in this setup but I think he’ll be an average QB1. He looked like it late last year.

RB: Bijan and Mixon - I’m no fan of Mixon or the Texans but the bell cow of a good offense is worth something imo. Bijan can be among the elite.

WR: G Wilson and Reed - Wilson’s QB has to be better than last year. But then we said the same thing last year. :oldunsure: Reed was the last of this tier imo and the stack could pay off.

TE: Bowers. I don’t know that I’d take him here in regular leagues but in best ball I’ll risk the volatility.

Obviously if the players are closer to their floor than ceiling, I’ll fire the head coach.

4.12 and 5.01
Aaron Jones. Still love the offense even though it is a different team. He should still receive plenty of looks in the receiving game if it is Darnold or the rookie. He might even be ridden a little more as the offense develops. Slightly considered Rhmondre but offense uncertainty turned me away.
Dak (strongly considered CJ) has arguably the #1 fantasy WR, a coach that seems to find a way to constantly play from behind, Zeke is his lead back and I get to stack with Ferguson.

6.12 and 7.01
Was fairly confident I was going WR/WR here and was just wondering who would fall. Had small hope Addison would fall this far. I'm happy with my pair. If Carolina can be even slightly better and Bryce can make it back to even close to his draft slot, Diontae should prove to be great value here.
I have been saying for 2 years that Lockett is slipping. Hopefully this is the year. I went with the potential upside of JSN over some guys I thought were higher floor but didn't offer much excitement.

My team might be too heavy on risk.

QB: Love was one of the remaining three I have in this tier, it’s always hard to decide when to draft QB in this setup but I think he’ll be an average QB1. He looked like it late last year.

RB: Bijan and Mixon - I’m no fan of Mixon or the Texans but the bell cow of a good offense is worth something imo. Bijan can be among the elite.

WR: G Wilson and Reed - Wilson’s QB has to be better than last year. But then we said the same thing last year. :oldunsure: Reed was the last of this tier imo and the stack could pay off.

TE: Bowers. I don’t know that I’d take him here in regular leagues but in best ball I’ll risk the volatility.

Obviously if the players are closer to their floor than ceiling, I’ll fire the head coach.

Highest-ceiling team in the draft to this point and it's not particularly close IMO. Your QB, RB1, WR1, and TE could all finish top-5 and it wouldn't surprise me - I doubt I'll have any Bowers shares where his August ADP likely ends up, but I can't hate the swing at TE13. Plus you have the positional bases covered well enough that you can fire BPA the rest of the way. Risky crew, yes, but nice job so far.

I probably should have known better but the magnitude of the QB2 run caught me by surprise. I considered Tua, Caleb and Daniels at 7.11 but figured either one of them or cousins would make it back. Then I actually thought Levis could even fall to the 9th. He’s been my favorite cheap QB, both because he’s a Titan and I actually think he can step up into the QB12-18 range. Strongly considered Stafford and Baker here just because they’re probably less risky. A healthy Stafford is a steal here.

7.12108Stinkin RefTagovailoa, Tua MIA QBMon May 20 5:22:09 p.m. ET 20241 hour
7.13109Clayton GrayCousins, Kirk ATL QB (Q)Mon May 20 5:22:09 p.m. ET 2024-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]
7.14110BassNBrewWilliams, Javonte DEN RBMon May 20 5:37:49 p.m. ET 202415 minutes
7.15111DuckboyRodgers, Aaron NYJ QB (Q)Mon May 20 5:58:29 p.m. ET 202420 minutes
7.16112Old MilwaukeeMoss, Zack CIN RBMon May 20 9:13:18 p.m. ET 20243 hours
8.01113Old MilwaukeeSingletary, Devin NYG RBMon May 20 9:16:36 p.m. ET 20243 minutes
8.02114DuckboySmith, Geno SEA QBMon May 20 9:16:36 p.m. ET 2024-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]
8.03115BassNBrewWilliams, Caleb CHI QB (R) Mon May 20 9:33:19 p.m. ET 202416 minutes
8.04116Clayton GrayDaniels, Jayden WAS QB (R) Mon May 20 9:33:19 p.m. ET 2024-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]
8.05117Stinkin RefWilliams, Mike NYJ WR (Q)Mon May 20 10:32:12 p.m. ET 202458 minutes
8.06118-OZ- Levis, Will TEN QB (Q)Mon May 20 10:52:17 p.m. ET 202420 minutesAdd Comment
8.07119Mr. IrrelevantStafford, Matthew LAR QBMon May 20 10:52:17 p.m. ET 2024-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]
8.08120RenesauzWatson, Deshaun CLE QB (Q)Mon May 20 11:31:13 p.m. ET 202438 minutes
8.09121CripplerThomas Jr., Brian JAC WR (R) Mon May 20 11:31:13 p.m. ET 2024-[Pick made from Pre-Draft List]
8.10122Go DC YourselfMayfield, Baker TBB QBMon May 20 11:31:13 p.m. ET 2024-

@-OZ- don't leave me out :bag: 8.11 Derek Carr :bag:

I should have known better, because I just knew clear as day, the QB run was going to happen through 7/8. :wall:

While I firmly believe Hopkins will outplay his 7.06/WR43Draft position, (IMHO, he remains the Titans Alpha, despite the additions of Ridley/Boyd, and has an opp to finish somewhere around WR30), he's going to have to at least dominate my flex, and then some, to merit my choosing him over my choice of remaining QB's at that spot, leaving me with QB24 instead of QB14.
I WAS a HUGE Carr guy, when he came out, but I'm starting to accept that he's mediocre, at best. I'm certainly the last dog pulling the sled, as he's the last journeyman starter with a reasonably firm grip on his job (I don't think Ridder is a threat this year unless the wheels really fall off in the Big Easy). That Division is set up for the Falcons, Bucs and Saints to be competing for the Division Title Auto-Bid right down to the wire.

Stafford a steal indeed, that's who I had lined up at 7.06 as the pick of the litter over all the remaining guys. Thought for sure he'd make it back to me. Perfect compliment to Goff, too.

Enough.

Had a really tough time deciding on both my RB picks so far. I'm sure some of that had to do with this being my 1st Draft of the 2024 Season. I chose Pacheco (2.11) over Jacobs and Henry.
I've had a tough time wrapping myself around Pacheco, I'm convinced he's JAG...but he's Andy's JAG, and last year with McKinnon out down the stretch, he performed. The rest of the stable us underwhelming, and it's hard to imagine them not riding him again in 2024, without reservation about his ability to be a every-down fella.

I want to draft Henry SOOOOO bad, and I'm sure I will in some places down the road. For this format, I wasn't worried about the PPR so much (massive yards/td volume), but my plan to mitigate that was to try and stack Henry and LJax, and I didn't see a feasible way of doing that out of the 6th position, considering I didn't want to draft a QB before the 4th Round, and then only if the chips fell my way (which they woudn't have). With Jacobs, the drafting of Lloyd, and their reluctance to part ways with Dillon kind of soured me, at least for now, on that situation. Right now, all I want from Green Bay is Jordan Love, and him only in a value spot.

With James Conner (5.06), I was torn about the decision between him and Rhamondre.

Gotta go, more to follow.

Great job by the folks participating in write-ups. Maybe we can get some more of the crew to chime in.

Be pretty cool to hear from Bob Harris.

REF:

1.12 Puka Nacua WR7 LAR 6

Was hoping LaPorta fell and I would have started the draft that way in this format, but once he was gone I didn’t feel any of the remaining TE’s deserved a first round pick so switched gears. Hopefully Nacua builds off of last year and that wasn’t his ceiling. My pick is based on that being the floor which might be dangerous. First round….. mostly chalk but in this format liked the Laporta pick, was a little surprised by Chase going 1.02.

2.05 Saquon Barkley RB6 PHI 5

This felt right. I think he has a huge year rushing and receiving. At this point, I basically committed to punting TE (even tho you can start two now) as I wasn’t going to take TE8 over other solid weekly plays. If Kincaid had made it back I might have taken a sniff, but still would have had a hard time taking him over what I think Barkley can do each and every week and in this league you need to advance so weekly consistency has to factor in. Round two….liked the Jacobs pick, little surprised he went after the three taken in this round before him, but that’s just me.

3.12 Michael Pittman WR17 IND 14

Man it felt like forever to get back. With Richardson back Pittman should remain an alpha in this offense even with Mitchell in the mix. As I was looking at the WR this year I see some of the top guys that have QB questions or their teams have SIGNIFICANT competition for targets (LVR, MIN, HOU,TEN, CHI, JAC, GB, etc.) and it scared me off of a few of them, like passing on Diggs here. Pittman had 109 receptions last year (only 4 TD’s). I think that improves. I sniffed Metcalf here but as mentioned was worried about the competition. Round three……absolutely loved the Henry pick, possible SOD, little surprised by some of the TE picks (even in two PPR) with some of the other options at other positions available. Allen going that early and as QB1 with a new stable should be interesting to see if pays off.

4.05 Alvin Kamara RB16 NOS 12

Couldn’t pass him up here. Not a fan of him for what he did, but when he plays he usually produces. Felt pretty good about pairing him with Barkley. Would have sniffed Metcalf or Achane if they made it here. Round four…Aaron Jones at 4.16 as RB19 seems pretty solid, also like D. Smith at 4.11. Little surprised by Rene pulling the trigger on Hockenson as his TE1 that early all things considered.

5.12 Malik Nabers WR28 NYG 11

Should see a ton of targets as an immediate WR1 in NYG as competition is minimal. Upside gamble pick here and that’s about it. Like how the board fell here in this round as a few QB’s went and some RB’s went which I was fine with having two on board already. Nabers QB situation not the best, but could be worse. I would probably prefer Lock getting the chance, but whatever. Round five….so sad to see my hometown boy Ekeler still on the board here and was hard to pass (how the mighty have fallen) but Robinson too solid to ignore, but I like that pick in this round. Didn’t hate any picks here, it was kind of a meh round.

6.05 Brock Purdy QB11 SF 9

With 10 QB’s off the board and several teams without one, it felt like now was the time as I felt several more could go before it got back to me. (as it turns out, I misread that as only 3 did). Felt like I had some good options here and I almost took Tua because of his weapons/speed and their ability to make big plays. But Tua also scares me a little for some reason. I decided to take a “safer” option that also has scary weapons, but really could have gone a few directions here and been ok. But some of the others had more questions. Round 6….I really like the M. Brown pick here as WR33, and the Pollard pick, but the sneaky pick may have been Goff (he only plays 3 outdoor games this year…crazy....he may be pulling a lot of triggers for me in leagues this year).

7.12 Tua Tagovailoa QB15 MIA 6

Hopefully that is the last time I have to type out his last name. If only I had known I could get him here. OZ sniped my predraft here as I was getting ready to add Worthy here and had him predrafted. So switched gears when that fell thorough. Didn’t love anything else here so took the guy I almost took last round. In addition, two owners behind me had yet to take a QB and I just couldn’t see bailing them out so to speak by allowing Tua and his weapons to make it to them. Plus at this point, the QB2 run is going to happen as well. Purdy/Tua a pretty solid twosome to chose from each week hopefully. They need to be as I was the first to snag a QB2. Round seven…..really liked the JSN pick at 7.01 as WR41, and Mostert pick, I had been eyeballing him, thought Hopkins pick was a steal and the Worthy pick was good. Kinda weird for me that I thought round 5 was kind of meh, but I thought there were some great picks here including two TE’s I was also targeting in Musgrave and Freiermuth, and also thought Bass got a steal with his J. Williams pick as RB31. Round of the draft IMO, all good picks even the ones I didn’t mention.

8.05 Mike Williams WR NYJ 12

Rogers $15 million dollar WR2. I’ll take it. More QB’s went off the board in the 8 picks after my 7.12 then did in the 22 picks after my 6.05. Including my Tua pick, 11 of the next 16 picks were QB. I sniffed Brian Robinson here big time, but we have to start 3 WR’s so I needed to add a solid 4th. Round 8….as mentioned liked the BRob pick, nothing to really sneeze at the rest of the way as teams were scrambling at the QB2 run.

So far....meh... I don’t have any real bye week issues which I really don’t pay much attention to. TE is going to be a throwing some stuff against the wall. Good luck boys, nice to get the juices flowing again…. :suds:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread