What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your 2011 Rookie Draft (1 Viewer)

mikel2014

Footballguy
In previous years this thread was a huge help towards rookie draft preparation. I haven't seen anything yet this year. Post your draft along with settings to provide some context.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those were all pre-draft or mocks. I thought it would be more helpful to have a current one than one with older information.

Those were all pre-draft or mocks. I thought it would be more helpful to have a current one than one with older information.
Agreed, there should be one thread for post draft Roookie Drafts so we dont have to wade through the outdated drafts in the other thread.

Jerome Simpson at 1.07? Figured he would slide well into the 3rd round in any league where he is a free agent. Relying on AJ Green to bust doesn't seem like a good enough risk/reward to go with him that high.

Came on to start this thread as well. Has always been a great help for those of us with later rookie drafts (mine being next Saturday).

Let's see some IDP PPR rookie drafts!!

on-going Rookie draft for 12 team start up Dynasty PPR (start 2WR/2RB/1TE and can flex any of those):

24.01 277. dexterdew Green, A.J. CIN WR

24.02 278. FFNewsletter Ingram, Mark NOS RB

24.03 279. BrownsROCK Jones, Julio ATL WR

24.04 280. Feisty Ferrets Williams, Ryan ARI RB

24.05 281. The Misfits Thomas, Daniel MIA RB

24.06 282. BrownsROCK Little, Greg CLE WR

24.07 283. Hosers Heroes Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

24.08 284. dexterdew Vereen, Shane NEP RB

24.09 285. dexterdew Murray, DeMarco DAL RB

24.10 286. The Calipari Baldwin, Jon KCC WR

24.11 287. dexterdew Carter, Delone IND RB

24.12 288. dexterdew Cobb, Randall GBP WR

25.01 289. dexterdew Smith, Torrey BAL WR

25.02 290. BrownsROCK Locker, Jake TEN QB

25.03 291. The Calipari Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

25.04 292. Oh Africa Br Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR

25.05 293. Hail Mary Green, Alex GBP RB

25.06 294. Hosers Heroes Brown, Vincent SDC WR

I would too, he has the potential to take the starting roll.
Helu may not have the pedigree of leshoure but he's in a much better spot in a system tailored to his running style.Shanahan already stated his skill set reminds him of Portis, he'll be given every opportunity to win the starting gig. Come august rookie drafts Helu could start being drafted over guys like leshoure/Thomas in many drafts if he looks good in preseason.

'footballsavvy said:
Jerome Simpson at 1.07? Figured he would slide well into the 3rd round in any league where he is a free agent. Relying on AJ Green to bust doesn't seem like a good enough risk/reward to go with him that high.
Why does AJ Green need to bust in order for Simpson to be productive? Weren't both Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh both effective in that offense?

'footballsavvy said:
Why does AJ Green need to bust in order for Simpson to be productive? Weren't both Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh both effective in that offense?
that's with palmer there though. if dalton is the starter week 1 then the offense will be pretty risk averse (especially if the lockout means a very short training camp). they'll run more and throw less. the value in the cincy WRs will be diminished for a season. if chad sticks around - and that's a big if - then the WR corps is pretty muddy.i like simpson a lot. i expect him to be starting opposite green. shipley will the be slot/#3 guy. they'll be young but there is plenty of room to grow, i think.

'footballsavvy said:
that's with palmer there though. if dalton is the starter week 1 then the offense will be pretty risk averse (especially if the lockout means a very short training camp). they'll run more and throw less. the value in the cincy WRs will be diminished for a season. if chad sticks around - and that's a big if - then the WR corps is pretty muddy.i like simpson a lot. i expect him to be starting opposite green. shipley will the be slot/#3 guy. they'll be young but there is plenty of room to grow, i think.
I'm probably wrong as is often the case. I just see a team who has a QB situation that is anything but resolved. They drafted one of the most highly regarded rookie receivers in recent years. Gresham had a semi-breakout rookie year last season, and Shipley showed enough to make me think he will command at least 60 receptions (it not more) going into his 2nd season. It's just hard to make the numbers work for Simpson. I think Simpson has skills, but its a crapshoot at this point to determine who will be fantasy relevant in CIN.

I'm probably wrong as is often the case. I just see a team who has a QB situation that is anything but resolved. They drafted one of the most highly regarded rookie receivers in recent years. Gresham had a semi-breakout rookie year last season, and Shipley showed enough to make me think he will command at least 60 receptions (it not more) going into his 2nd season. It's just hard to make the numbers work for Simpson. I think Simpson has skills, but its a crapshoot at this point to determine who will be fantasy relevant in CIN.
i don't disagree with much of what you're saying here. i just don't see chad sticking around. i don't see shipley as anything more than #3. simpson showed he can be a legit starter in a handful of games last year. green will be starting and i do expect simpson to be opposite him in the starting line up. does that mean he has terrific numbers? probably not. likely the beneficiary is gresham because TE's are rookie QB's best friends often times.

I got him at 2.11 http://football17.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=26937&O=17No where in my logic was I relying on AJ Green to bust. Teams can support more than 1 WR and Simpson has loads of upside. Just as much as anyone else drafting at that spot. If I went Jernigan instead would I be relying on Nicks to bust?

What offense? There is nothing about the 2011 offense that resembles the offense of a previous coordinator with completely different team composition. Its fair to think AJ and Simpson can both be productive, but we're talking about a new OC, QB, and OLine since the team you are comparing them to.FWIW, I think Simpson can be solid even if Palmer leaves because he has great RAC potential and Dalton's main strength is hitting guys in stride to make plays. The giant unknown for these WRs is what kind of an offense Jay Gruden is going to run in Cincy and whether Chad will be involved.

IDP draft, offline via email, started Saturday evening, still in progress, PPR for WR/TE, big-play bonuses, low-scoring QBs, 1/1/1/1 + 3 Flex RB/WR/TE, 2DB, 3LB, 1 Flex DE/DT.

1 1 Julio Jones

1 2 Mark Ingram

1 3 AJ Green

1 4 Ryan Williams

1 5 Jonathan Baldwin

1 6 Daniel Thomas

1 7 Greg Little

1 8 Titus Young

1 9 Mikel Leshoure

1 10 Roy Helu

1 11 Torrey Smith

1 12 Shane Vereen

2 1 DeMarco Murray

2 2 Lance Kendricks

2 3 Leonard Hankerson

2 4 Kyle Rudolph

2 5 Randall Cobb

2 6 Cam Newton

2 7 Vincent Brown

2 8 Blaine Gabbert

2 9 Von Miller

2 10 Greg Salas

2 11 Delone Carter

2 12 Austin Pettis

3 1 Kendall Hunter

3 2 Virgil Green

3 3 Rob Housler

3 4 Bruce Carter

3 5 Raheem Morris

3 6 Patrick Peterson

3 7 Edmond Gates

3 8 Martez Wilson

3 9 Nate Irving

3 10 on the clock

Awesome thread. I have two rookie drafts right now and this year for whatever reason has been by far the hardest in having a good idea where some players go. It seems like my rough first 'draft' idea of where some key players I want are ending up about where I figure they would... which works because in one draft, I have traded down twice figuring that the guy I feel I really need will be there later and that there was not a lot of talent that was REALLY above the others. This thread gives me more confidence in what I have been doing though.

If anyone can post the picks to the board, this poster (from behind a work filter) would be very thankful.

I'll post in here. Will update every so often but this could be a slow one.

16 team, 0.5 PPR start 1/2/3/1 and a flex.

Pick Ovr Franchise Selection Date/Time Comments

1.01 1. Goldenacre Giants Jones, Julio ATL WR ® Mon May 2 3:07:16 a.m. ET 2011

1.02 2. Corstorphine Cowboys Ingram, Mark NOS RB ® Mon May 2 2:44:01 p.m. ET 2011

1.03 3. Craigentinny Chargers Green, A.J. CIN WR ® Mon May 2 7:49:48 p.m. ET 2011

1.04 4. Darth Ewing Colts Newton, Cam CAR QB ® Tue May 3 5:20:33 p.m. ET 2011

1.05 5. Forrester Thunder Locker, Jake TEN QB ® Wed May 4 11:17:47 a.m. ET 2011

1.06 6. BooBoys Bengals Williams, Ryan ARI RB ® Wed May 4 11:17:48 a.m. ET 2011

1.07 7. Dunedin Buccaneers Little, Greg CLE WR ® Wed May 4 12:40:29 p.m. ET 2011

1.08 8. BooBoys Bengals Dalton, Andy CIN QB ® Wed May 4 12:47:29 p.m. ET 2011

ETA: This has got very weird very quickly. :confused: I'm trying to move up to 1.09 to grab Baldwin or Thomas

Phenomz Dynasty- 1st round results (1 college player per roster allowed...guys like Mark Ingram, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Trent Richardson all claimed last year)

1.01 Mighty CSD: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

1.02 Canadian Bacon: Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

1.03 Forbidden Doughnuts: Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

1.04 Terminator: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St.

1.05 Helmet Heads: Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

1.06 Weaselicious: Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas

1.07 Wranglers: Carter, Delone IND RB ®

1.08 Canadian Bacon: Little, Greg CLE WR ®

1.09 Wrecking Crew: Gabbert, Blaine JAC QB ®

1.10 Pride of Pei Mei: Cobb, Randall GBP WR ®

1.11 Bear's Lair: Hunter, Kendall SFO RB ®

1.12 Bishop Reign: Locker, Jake TEN QB ®

1.13 Terminator: Newton, Cam CAR QB ®

1.14 Forbidden Doughnuts: Smith, Torrey BAL WR ®

jaWs Dynasty so far....

1.01 Karen's Nightmare: Ingram, Mark NOS RB

1.02 Coyote 13: Green, A.J. CIN WR

1.03 Colorado e.Coli: Jones, Julio ATL WR

1.04 Canadian Bacon: Williams, Ryan ARI RB

1.05 Coyote 13: Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

1.06 Coyote 13: Thomas, Daniel MIA RB

1.07 ILUVBEER: Little, Greg CLE WR

1.08 Ghost Kitties: Powell, Bilal NYJ RB

1.09 Velvet Elvis: Vereen, Shane NEP RB

1.10 ILUVBEER: Newton, Cam CAR QB

1.11 NJ Freeze: Helu, Roy WAS RB

1.12 Pimpin' Prophetz: Baldwin, Jon KCC WR

1.13 ?????

1.14 ?????

'Steed said:
12 Team PPR Flexy lineupshttp://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2011/options?L=48544&O=17
Lance Kendicks first TE off the board?
Yep...I'm not real sure he shouldn't be either. I think Rudolph may be a better complete TE...but Kendricks was taken to be a pass catcher.
isn't he playing behind finley though?
You're thinking of DJ Williams. Yes, Kendricks should be taken before Rudolph. I took Kendricks over Rudolph in about 5 leagues already.

I'm on that Kendrick's train! Will snatch him in the beginning of the second as TE's are a premium in my league.

12 team PPR rookie draft

Draft

I had 1.03, 1.04, 1.06, 1.07, 3.03, 3.04, 4.03 and 5.03.

That has turned into Julio Jones, Ryan Williams, Daniel Thomas, Greg Little, Quizz Rodgers and Jerome Simpson with 4.03 and 5.03 to go.

Users who are viewing this thread