What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Post Your 2012 Dynasty Start-up Draft** (2 Viewers)

PPR1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE NO FLEXDRAFTING THE ROOKIE PICK SPACERS FOR ROOKIE DRAFT LATERhttp://football13.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=57334&O=17
How bad is Peterson's injury? 29th overall?!?He's 27 and blew out his knee after five years of being one of the most used NFL running backs. Where exactly are you drafting him? Yea, he's a physical freak and has an insane health recovery record but that's a LOT of risk for a high pick that will likely only give at best 2 more elite seasons even if he does return to form.I wouldn't draft him much higher than 29. The lowest he's been drafted in an aggregate of 12 mocks on PFF is 20th, and his ADP is 3.3. Strictly from a perceived value point you're getting hosed taking him in the first two rounds. As far as actual value, I'd rather have a rock solid young WR2 in a great situation (see Jordy Nelson or Cruz) than Peterson at this point (PPR)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully my league won't mind me posting this on here, but the more dynasty leagues to look at the better. I've found these pretty useful...

The league is a standard PPR for the most part, but QB scoring is standardized to bring them more in line (Rodgers was 7th in total scoring last year, Vick was the top scorer in 2010 at 14th overall), so receivers, running backs, and quarterbacks all score at about the same rate. We have one superflex position, but because of the standardized scoring, starting 2 quarterbacks isn't a given like in most 2QB leagues.

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 TD

1 Superflex (QB, RB, WR, TE)

1 Regular flex (RB, WR, TE)

I had the first overall pick and even though Rodgers was tempting because of the option to start two quarterbacks, I went with my gut and chose Calvin. We're only through round one right now, so feel free to follow along. The first round had a few surprises with Brady going really early and Julio going ahead and Green.

http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=73223&O=17

Hopefully my league won't mind me posting this on here, but the more dynasty leagues to look at the better. I've found these pretty useful...The league is a standard PPR for the most part, but QB scoring is standardized to bring them more in line (Rodgers was 7th in total scoring last year, Vick was the top scorer in 2010 at 14th overall), so receivers, running backs, and quarterbacks all score at about the same rate. We have one superflex position, but because of the standardized scoring, starting 2 quarterbacks isn't a given like in most 2QB leagues.1 QB2 RB3 WR1 TE1 K1 TD1 Superflex (QB, RB, WR, TE)1 Regular flex (RB, WR, TE)I had the first overall pick and even though Rodgers was tempting because of the option to start two quarterbacks, I went with my gut and chose Calvin. We're only through round one right now, so feel free to follow along. The first round had a few surprises with Brady going really early and Julio going ahead and Green.http://football18.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=73223&O=17
This league is in the 7th round now, so there should be a little to look at.

http://football6.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=65341&O=17

The draft is moving very slow...but we're currently in the 5th round.

12 Team PPR, starting the following...

1-2 QB (One position is a superflex. QB scoring is very high, 5 points per touchdown, 1 point per 20 yards passing)

2-4 RB

2-5 WR

1-2 TE

My team is Derek's Daycare...and I've been really surprised by the lack of QB's coming off the board. I took Eli Manning in the 2nd and traded up to get Matt Ryan in the early 3rd, anticipating a big run that never happened. In the fifth round, guys like Big Ben, Josh Freeman, etc. are still available. I kind of got burned by doing this, since I had to pass up on some really good receivers and backs to get the QB's.

http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=64093&O=17

Full IDP with big-play scoring to the extreme (JPP is #11 scorer from last season).

I am Asgardian Champions...REALLY happy with my first couple of rounds, but am starting to feel the pinch on RBs and WRs. TEs are flying off the board due to the 1.5 PPR for them - quite a few teams have 3 through 11 rounds - I had to take 2 in the 11th just to avoid the pinch there.

My biggest gamble was going DE in the 3rd and 5th rounds, but from the scoring last season, DEs seem to be one of the bigger value position in this scoring system.

My team is Swampass. Enjoyhttp://football27.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=74093&O=17
Steven Jackson #9 I seen enough
That's just insane. Obvious redraft guys first dynasty league.But there was a gold nugget in there. The Bang Bros at 1.08 drafted Trent and wrote in the comment line "TRich #####!".steven jackson at pick #9 in terrible in re-draft.After looking at it though, the rest of that draft was in-line with dynasty start ups

16 team Dynasty inaugural veteran draft. 9 starters, non-idp.

PPR (1.5 for TE, 1.0 for WR and 0.75 for RBs)

4 pt passing TDs, 6 pt all other TDs

Minimum roster requirements below:

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DEF

2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Draft is in it's final round so this should be helpful for anyone trying to prepare for a 16 team dynasty veteran draft. Rookie draft starts immediately afterwards and will be rounds 21-25.

Link

'Dez said:

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DEF

2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Draft is in it's final round so this should be helpful for anyone trying to prepare for a 16 team dynasty veteran draft. Rookie draft starts immediately afterwards and will be rounds 21-25.

Link
Scoring system is whack but I like that Vesper Lynds teamWhat don't you like about the scoring system? Pretty standard if you ask me.

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DEF

2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Link
dalton sucks ;)

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DEF

2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Link
dalton sucks ;) Har!

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DEF

2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Link
Randy Moss as WR31 in a dynasty startup? :loco:

This draft, run by Paragon FF started less than a week ago, 32 teams/double players, PPR, 4 pts passing TD, full IDP

http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=77720&O=17
why do people feel the need to justify thier picks in the comments."He's only 25 yo and will be in a RBBC somewhere..." bla bla bla...

Is someone in the league going to laugh at them otherwise?
Tell me about it!! I really could care less why someone picked whoever, I think you could be right, perhaps some insecurity.....maybe they just like to hear the sound of their own voice. Unless your proven, we don't really care what you think.then you'd miss out on funny stuff like this ...... YES IN THE THIRD!!.....$%#@ IT!!!!

This draft, run by Paragon FF started less than a week ago, 32 teams/double players, PPR, 4 pts passing TD, full IDP

http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=77720&O=17
why do people feel the need to justify thier picks in the comments."He's only 25 yo and will be in a RBBC somewhere..." bla bla bla...

Is someone in the league going to laugh at them otherwise?
Tell me about it!! I really could care less why someone picked whoever, I think you could be right, perhaps some insecurity.....maybe they just like to hear the sound of their own voice. Unless your proven, we don't really care what you think.then you'd miss out on funny stuff like this ...... YES IN THE THIRD!!.....$%#@ IT!!!!I'll only do it if everyone else is, but I don't see what the big deal is. Have you ever been to a live draft? There are comments with and after every pick. Don't see much difference.

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 PK

1 DEF

2 Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Link
Randy Moss as WR31 in a dynasty startup? :loco: Wow is right. I didn't realize that!! I took Steve Smith right before him.

Users who are viewing this thread